Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#176 2016-02-12 23:50:04

Creature

Re: Mafia 4 game thread (Day 2)

Evilbunny wrote:

I'm sure 90% of us here are unfamiliar with what a witch is. Can you explain?

Usually, a witch can force a player to target another player of the witch's choice.

This is a false statement.

Wooted by:

#177 2016-02-12 23:57:07

Calicara

Sorry if you're town but I'm gonna trust Proc on this one. Also my day 1 chat was just me being silly. Please don't take it too seriously.

!vote Maxi123

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

#178 2016-02-12 23:58:32

RhazzleFrazzle

Vote count:

Processor:Maxi123

Maxi123:Calicara, Processsor

#179 2016-02-12 23:58:33, last edited by Processor (2016-02-13 00:00:35)

Processor

Creature wrote:

The biggest evidence against me is that I was roleblocked and there were no mafia kills, but did you ever take in consideration what I said about Anak?

Yes I have considered it:

Processor wrote:

Second, if you noticed, I am so far the only one who claimed to be roleblocked.
This is odd, agreed, but I doubt anak would be playing suck a risky gambit. It would be very different from his playstyle in the past games.

Anak attacking someone you doesn't really change my opinion about you.

*snip*
I am going to assume that Creature was RB'd only once.

So: We don't know who received the roleblock. The three reasons for that are:
a) AFK
b) They are the mafia and are currently enjoying that we are being misled.
c) Anak lied about everything

If the second statement is true, Anak would be telling the truth.

Anak's reaction makes sense in so many ways here.

EDIT: Removed soemthing on mod's request.

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#180 2016-02-13 00:01:27

Anak

Calicara wrote:

Also my day 1 chat was just me being silly. Please don't take it too seriously.

I'm not counting Day 1 at all tbh, everyone was joking about and I don't think there was anything serious there so...

Who hasn't yet posted/contributed (or not much) since the start of Day 2? It would be worht their while to speak up.

#181 2016-02-13 00:02:43

Processor

Ignore my last post, I'll fix and repost it in a second.

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#182 2016-02-13 00:15:39

Processor

Creature wrote:

The biggest evidence against me is that I was roleblocked and there were no mafia kills, but did you ever take in consideration what I said about Anak?

Yes I have considered it:

Processor wrote:
Creature wrote:

Second, if you noticed, I am so far the only one who claimed to be roleblocked.

This is odd, agreed, but I doubt anak would be playing suck a risky gambit. It would be very different from his playstyle in the past games.

Anak attacking someone doesn't really change my opinion about you.

I have asked RhazzleFrazzle and confirmed that a double roleblock is detectable by its target. I am going to assume that Creature was RB'd only once.
So: We don't know who received the roleblock. The three reasons for that are:
a) AFK
b) They are the mafia and are currently enjoying that we are being misled.
c) Anak lied about everything

If the first/second statements are true, Anak would be telling the truth. Anak's reaction just makes sense in so many ways here.  I can't see how the scumanak would behave in such a way.
If you are paranoid you could have a neutral opinion on him, but definitely not scum yet.

#183 2016-02-13 00:38:09

Calicara

I have not seen much from Hostage, W24, Smitty, Tako, and Bobithan.

tgA1y17.jpg

#184 2016-02-13 01:38:51

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Processor wrote:
maxi123 wrote:

show me that line where i referred to creature and defended him

Ok here you are:

maxi123 wrote:
Calicara, in response to Creature wrote:

And you are? I'm getting a scum reading from you already, attacking me on D1. Smh

cali pls
get the joke lol
dont repeat ur defensive crap from game 3

Calicara was accusing Creature and you told her to back off. Isn't that defending him?

i didnt tell her to back off. i told her that its a joke. wtf?

Processor wrote:

Winning chances if we don't lynch at all: 0%
Winning chances if we lynch randomly: >1%
It is almost always better to lynch someone instead of nobody. Scum aren't going to kill themselves during the night, you know...
Town lost the mafia game 2 by just nolynching.

town lost mafia game 3 by mislynching
while i can agree that nolynching all the time will make us lose, lynching should be done VERY carefully. how many times town lynched a scum in games 2 and 3 together? just once i guess

Processor wrote:

Seriously, you exactly know that I don't want a mislynch either.

well, maybe? thats if youre town

Processor wrote:

YOU are the person who is changing the meaning of MY statement (which is: we still should lynch the scummiest person, even if they could unfortunately be a town member).

the first time you worded it like "lets just lynch someone"

Processor wrote:

You already stated that you think a lynch today could result in a mislynch and that's why you think we should not lynch anyone.
Then you go ahead and vote to get me lynched, what the hell, that is such a contradiction.

i guess i overreacted since what you done so far wasnt enough for a good scum read

also, you said i want to get rid of attention, do you really think i would go head-on against you, playing agressive if im scum?

!unvote
while this now made me look just stupid and wont defend me in any way i want to point out two things:

first is:

Calicara wrote:

I have not seen much from Hostage, W24, Smitty, Tako, and Bobithan.

this is a very good point, while we are blaming eachother the scum might be hiding under the radar

second:

Processor wrote:

Creature still looks scummy, his argument about not killing if he were mafia makes 0 sense (and I know that he is capable of proper argumentation).

while what i will now say will make us look like buddies a lot and is sort of a claim, i can guarantee you that creature is not a mafia, this is not a read or anything based on evidence, but rather something related to my role. and he is not a SK either because he was RBed yet SK did a kill this night
so creature is not the person we should aim at with the lynch today

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#185 2016-02-13 01:43:12

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

a purposeful no-kill for mafia makes much more sense now, look what chaos it caused

i8SwC8p.png

#186 2016-02-13 02:37:24

W24
Website

!lynch maxi123

yqSDpmp.png

#187 2016-02-13 02:53:22

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

W24 wrote:

!lynch maxi123

y'know, you could at least say why or say you agree with proc
not just tossing a random accussation at first, then being silent and rolling in after with a random lynch vote

i8SwC8p.png

#188 2016-02-13 03:00:41

Processor

Explain your vote W24.

Confbias (saying "hey, I agree with proc so this is a vote") is a pretty weak excuse. Put some effort into your votes. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#189 2016-02-13 03:03:14

Processor

W24 / Hostage / Tako / SmittyW seem to be very hard to read due to their lack of dedication. I'd be glad if our investigators could check em tonight.

#190 2016-02-13 03:04:56

Processor

I don't trust this town to not hammer the vote on maxi while I'm asleep. It has happened in the last two games.

My vote still stands formally, but I am going to
!unvote
just to have a peace of mind.

#191 2016-02-13 03:10:04

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

I'm getting bad vibes from w24 still. I know it's probably that he's just new, but it seems awfully scummy to just point fingers without proper argumentation all while staying under the radar.

Also maxi, I think playing aggressively isn't a valid alibi. You were in the last game and saw how people claimed mafia was always passive. So if you're mafia you might have been trying to place suspicion on calicara or whoever through "jokes"..

I'm still not 100% sure of where I stand on any of you- I'll try to collect my thoughts and post reads later.

#192 2016-02-13 03:12:24

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

As for the lynch vs nolynch situation, I say we lynch. I get what you're saying, maxi, but this no kill situation was probably luck and isn't likely to happen again. So if we give them more and more time, it's not gonna end well.

But let's be careful.

#193 2016-02-13 03:17:29

Processor

"Players may No Lynch in order to maintain an odd number of living players, which is mathematically advantageous." - MafiaScum wiki
That only applies when there is one killing force (mafia), and not when we have an extra SK.

@Anak: Please explain why you thought RBing Tako was a good idea. It seems like an odd choice...

#194 2016-02-13 03:35:42

W24
Website

Processor wrote:

Explain your vote W24.

Confbias (saying "hey, I agree with proc so this is a vote") is a pretty weak excuse. Put some effort into your votes. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Gonna explain. I haven't been posting much since I'm new to this game. About my vote, if you look back to maxi's previous posts, he's been defending himself a bit. He was also defending creature. If they were both mafia, they could be working together.

yqSDpmp.png

#195 2016-02-13 03:49:27

Evilbunny

Defense is part of the game, it isn't a reason to believe somebody is mafia. Everybody should and does defend themselves.
I don't like your reasoning.

Lynching must happen, it's how we protect ourselves. But we need solid reason and judgement behind it. A mys-lynch is worse than no lynch, but it is a necessary risk.

Evilbunny (in cursive)

#196 2016-02-13 03:57:27

W24
Website

Evilbunny wrote:

Defense is part of the game, it isn't a reason to believe somebody is mafia. Everybody should and does defend themselves.
I don't like your reasoning.

Lynching must happen, it's how we protect ourselves. But we need solid reason and judgement behind it. A mys-lynch is worse than no lynch, but it is a necessary risk.

Post numbers #162, #163 and #169 are a bit suspicious to me. He's kinda over defending himself.

yqSDpmp.png

#197 2016-02-13 04:10:32

Evilbunny

Just so you guys don't  have to scroll back and find those

162 isn't really defense, 163 is completely valid pointing out Calicara's mistake and 169 is normal defense ending with a questionable vote. Nothing really warranting a vote on him.
Of course now people are gonna think I'm defending maxi when all I'm trying to do is question W24. yay.

Evilbunny (in cursive)

#198 2016-02-13 05:40:13

Calicara

I also forgot to mention, I haven't heard a single post from Zoey either. (on D2) Hmm..... strange.

tgA1y17.jpg

#199 2016-02-13 05:57:22

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

> don't post often consistently for four games (mostly because i'm lazy)
> still get called out for it
> mfw that's just how i play bc i have nothing valuable to input

came out to have a good time
BLHj38o.gif
feelin so attacked rn

and i'm pretty sure i posted something about how anak might be exe or consort
but right, i, the person who actually posts at least on occasion, is definitely more suspicious than the people who haven't posted at all

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#200 2016-02-13 06:57:19

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

but hey if you'd rather me just continue to dank meme it up and make fluff posts just to satisfy not being considered afk or w/e fine

i think proc's tryina take control of the game; depending on whether he's a mafia-leader-let's-dupe-them or an actual trying-to-let-town-win-for-once; either way i think as a person who's hosted a mafia game, he's frustrated.

but as mentioned... at least once, both tako ? and creature were roleblocked. it's possible one of them is a mafia killer. I think not killing N1 is an interesting move and would be a good way to place blame on someone via who is roleblocked. tbt to when i didn't make a kill as an SK

proc wrote:

I believe [creature] had no intentions to tell us about the kidnap at all.

the other person who was RBed also isn't fessing up, so. creature didn't HAVE to confirm it, could have said she was lying. = muh chaos. i don't think creature's mafia.

i also think that proc is p quick to vote. hmm

after making a p nice albeit probably unreadable graph, i kinda think that whomever anak ended up roleblocking is mafia because... i guess it'd be too obvious if it was creature?
if they were mafia and anak was witched, they're virtually undetectable aka unconfirmable.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

TaskManager1455570683583252

Board footer