Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2015-12-20 22:17:35, last edited by Yandax (2015-12-21 18:23:19)

Yandax

Re: is god real

Different55 wrote:
Yandax wrote:
Different55 wrote:
Yandax wrote:

Well, one thing would be that if the days were each a thousand years or so, Adam wouldn't have been 930 years old when he died.

Isn't that assuming that Adam for some reason decided to use GodDays™ to measure EarthTime™? I don't think God created the units of time that humans use because the units of time that humans use are stupid and imperfect. If earth days were the same as god days then we wouldn't need leap years to make up for the imperfect length of days.

One, are you saying Adam wrote the Pentateuch?

No.

And if the Bible was written through inspiration of God, that means he wrote what he wanted, so doesn't that mean if they (the days) were figurative, we would have been told?

No again. Why would He? There's plenty of figurative language in the bible, it's not all clearly labeled with FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE. DO NOT ITERPRET LITERALLY.

Also, this was written by humans who most likely only knew one kind of time, their own.

Written by God, through people.

When I said written by humans, I meant through God.
Also, you have a point with the days. I was a mite confused. God does seem to have a different sense of time. One last thing, if you don't believe that the Earth was created in six literal days, it would be hard to change my belief that they were.

Pretend I didn't exist until now

All hail me, the king of insensitive jerks

Woot if you hate me

#52 2015-12-21 00:08:01

Erquerliet

It doesn't matter. He doesn't have to exist for you to believe or not believe in him.

TnhaiGq.png

#53 2015-12-21 16:01:44

blizzard

Xfrogman43 wrote:

If you believe in "god" then who created that "god"? It always ends in a paradox.

"He created himself"
>"How is that even possible?"
"He can do it cause he's god"
>"How did it know to create itself?"

Yes, i lowercase god because i don't believe in any of that religion bs

I'm not stating my take on the whole "is God real" thing.

However, no one really has a good explanation on how the world began. Certainly not evolutionists. So I really don't find much point in this comment.

blizzard1450710104569149

Board footer