Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-12-17 03:04:05

Kirby

is god real

GREAT STARTING TOPIC AMIRITE

#2 2015-12-17 03:04:35

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Re: is god real

no gg no re

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Wooted by:

#3 2015-12-17 03:05:20

Bimps

i dont think there is but there is no evidence for or against god so idk

Wooted by: (3)

#4 2015-12-17 03:08:32

bgic

I guess so

guys help how to mark all new posts as read?

nvm found it lol

#5 2015-12-17 03:09:24

Minimania
Moderation Team

Probably.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#6 2015-12-17 03:09:55

Krosis
Formerly Arkonagames
Website

it depends if you belive or not

Krosis.gif

#7 2015-12-17 03:28:33

Creature

I don't believe in someone owning the universe and stuff.

Seriously, from what they appeared? From nothing doesn't make sense.

This is a false statement.

#8 2015-12-17 03:35:46

Bimps

Creature wrote:

yeah but do you have any evidence that god didnt create the universe?

Wooted by:

#9 2015-12-17 03:37:07

Abelysk

Yes. At least that's what I think.

Wooted by:

#10 2015-12-17 03:39:13

Creature

Bimps wrote:
Creature wrote:

yeah but do you have any evidence that god didnt create the universe?

If there's a god, I would say it's the time and effect. I don't think there would have a god with a form and personality, just something that happened and keeps happening. I just can't believe there's someone being the owner of everything and watching us.

#11 2015-12-17 03:42:33

hummerz5

We can't really explain the Universe, and we can't really prove the existence or nonexistence of an omnipotent being.

I think it's likely that we generate deities throughout civilizations... seeing as how just about everytime you go, there's a God for the group of people.

One ultimate question though: Of all the religions that exist, how do we know which one is legit? That's my stew.

#12 2015-12-17 03:46:24

Ratburntro44
Website

Creature wrote:

Whether or not there is a god, this doesn't make much sense as an argument. The same thing can just as easily be applied to the universe itself.

#13 2015-12-17 03:50:37

Xfrogman43

If you believe in "god" then who created that "god"? It always ends in a paradox.

"He created himself"
>"How is that even possible?"
"He can do it cause he's god"
>"How did it know to create itself?"

Yes, i lowercase god because i don't believe in any of that religion bs

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

Wooted by: (3)

#14 2015-12-17 03:51:31

Creature

Ratburntro44 wrote:
Creature wrote:

Whether or not there is a god, this doesn't make much sense as an argument. The same thing can just as easily be applied to the universe itself.

I don't think universe has a limit, for me it has no size, no age and infinity stuff.

#15 2015-12-17 03:56:32

hummerz5

^Which in itself is a belief. Curiously enough.

Perhaps we should start smaller. "can we really believe things"

#16 2015-12-17 04:08:23

XxAtillaxX

As much as it's amusing to 'debate' this topic, it's an almost complete waste of time.
The reason for this is well observed cognitive biases, the backfire effect applies heavily on the topic of religion, as part of the cognitive dissonance they've been subjected to at an early age.

It is more worthwhile to demonstrate the cultural effects of religion, which is not as easily dismissed as a subjective opinion.
It's better to point out differences pertaining to human rights, moreover women's rights, as well as ethics such as murder, apostasy, capital punishment, torture, circumcision, terrorism, genocide, the list goes on.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#17 2015-12-17 04:14:52

Schlog

It makes absolutely no sense as to why people have to believe in a supernatural creature that could destroy us a literally any given moment. We're here already, so who cares our origins? All we need to do is survive, without it being as boring as possible.

so uh
no

#18 2015-12-17 04:25:42

Ratburntro44
Website

Creature wrote:
Ratburntro44 wrote:
Creature wrote:

I don't think universe has a limit, for me it has no size, no age and infinity stuff.

Seeing as that goes against scientific consensus, what exactly do you believe in?

#19 2015-12-17 04:29:32

Creature

Ratburntro44 wrote:
Creature wrote:
Ratburntro44 wrote:
Creature wrote:

Seeing as that goes against scientific consensus, what exactly do you believe in?

In complete freedom.

#20 2015-12-17 04:47:17

Evilbunny

I've never believed in a god. When I was little, I honestly thought that church was where adults went to play pretend. I thought it was all just for fun, praying to some mystical man who is so kind to them and forgives them for whatever they do. I'd always hear that "Jesus died for your sins" so I figured, "What's the worst that could happen if I don't believe in him? I'm already going to go to heaven if it is real, so whatevs man." But as I got older and learned that not every church teaches the same things, I got a little confused and starting wondering if I should believe in him. Then I realized it doesn't matter if I should, because I don't, and if he is real, then he knows that, so there is no sense acting like I do.
So that's where I am now. I don't believe that any god exists and that there is no point pretending otherwise. I can't just force myself to believe, that's not how believing works.

Also, what kind of crappy god can't even make people believe in him. If he was real, there would be no doubt that a god is real.

Evilbunny (in cursive)

Wooted by:

#21 2015-12-17 05:19:26

Abelysk

The way I think of God is energy. Most imagine God as a being with human characteristics, though it makes more sense if God was energy. When the Earth was made in 7 days, the 7 days was likely symbolic for "a long time". According to the Bible, when God made man from dust, I think he built men from tiny organisms that evolved into humans over the course of many years. The tiny organisms came from the Earth (dust), slowly evolving into who we are today.

I used to be dubious at first, that is until I noticed something about people's prayers. At church, I thought people were purposely trying to pray on their own, trying hard to cry during their prayer. But then I heard people from church speaking in Tongues. Even my mom started to pray in Tongues. Tongues is the language that is supposedly used by spirits - angels, demons and the like.

And this happens when you contact the Holy Spirit. My mom says that during her prayer, you never want to stop praying, and the feeling is almost as if you're flying. My sister claims to also have prayed through the Holy Spirit during a church gathering where people go to receive the Holy Spirit.

What do you think? I have never prayed in Tongue, or felt the Holy Spirit, but I personally believe there is a spirit we are talking to.

Wooted by:

#22 2015-12-17 05:37:53

Insanity

I don't think so

god was used in primitive societies to explain the existence of things we don't understand

but we're learning more and more about things which we barely know about

imo everything will eventually be explained through science

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

#23 2015-12-17 06:43:41, last edited by Tako (2015-12-17 06:45:08)

Tako
Website

Insanity wrote:

I don't think so

god was used in primitive societies to explain the existence of things we don't understand

but we're learning more and more about things which we barely know about

imo everything will eventually be explained through science

That's actually a really good reason.

There are limits to our knowledge, though, because we are finite and the universe is infinite. For example, is it possible to know the exact coordinate of an object's center? There are several reasons why this is impossible: (1) where is the center inside the object? Even if it's a perfect sphere, you will never have enough accuracy to say exactly where it is. (2) Where is the center, relative to the universe? Again, you will never have enough accuracy to say where it is. (This is assuming Planck's length is arbitrary, which we don't know either)

If I say that there is a deity, let's call it φ (phi), who "knows" (φ doesn't actually think; φ is the the most abstract definition of deity you can imagine) the exact position of every object in the universe in attempt to explain this ignorance, then at what point will φ become obsolete? We will never know the exact location, and we can't possibly disprove φ exists, so therefore φ will be forever outside our reach.

Does this have any relation to φ's existence? Well, there is the theory that ideas exist alongside us, called the Theory of Forms. Plato authored it. These ideas are the purest and truest things, for example, the exact coordinate of an object, or a perfect circle. We can never know what these things look like, but from a mathematical perspective they definitely exist. If this theory is true, and φ represents all such inquiries we cannot answer, then not only does φ exist, but also we cannot exist without φ, for we are designed in φ's image.

I don't know where this post went. I don't even understand my own rhetoric anymore.

I guess what we really need is a solid definition of what "god" is. It's more than just an explanation for what we don't know; it's the creator of the problem also, which sometimes is the entire universe.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

Wooted by:

#24 2015-12-17 07:34:24

AmdS
Website

Yes, he is real.

Depends what religion you is.

#25 2015-12-17 12:44:48

Nebula

no gg no rep

blizzard1450710104569149