Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-11-22 02:34:09

iPwner
Website

Permapoints (checkpoints that save your spot even if you leave the lev

Ok, so campaigns save progress in a level for 15 min...so it seems it's within ee's capabilities to have permapoints.

Permapoints are basically checkpoints that save progress in a world (coins, switches, and position) for up to a day, even if you leave the level (whether it be by lagout or having to do something irl).

The owner would be able to place them, unlike how in campaigns it just saves the last spot the player was at.

They would be incredibly useful, especially in long levels and considering how easily ee lags out. :o So ya. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Also, if the player wants to completely restart the level, the /reset command can simply be made global... aka any player can use this to reset themself (coins, switches, and position) at any time. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

EPIOOOOOUUUUUUuuuuuu   IUO0O0oooooooooooppi

;3 0>o ~X_x~ <~(^V^)~> (); ;B ;~; *~<:',',',',',{ Q=(*@`)Q

Im A ®a®ity ®

#2 2015-11-22 03:27:22, last edited by Prodigy (2015-11-22 03:27:45)

Prodigy

Re: Permapoints (checkpoints that save your spot even if you leave the lev

Aww yes now this would be useful

h0qIF0q.png

#3 2015-11-22 07:57:00, last edited by rgl32 (2015-11-22 08:39:52)

rgl32

iPwner wrote:

Also, if the player wants to completely restart the level, the /reset command can simply be made global... aka any player can use this to reset themself (coins, switches, and position) at any time.

I really want this one, especially someone from off site, you can't just reload the tab (at least not on kong), so if you want to restart you have to copy the world ID and re-enter it, if you are the only person in the level. sometimes I have to click a level about 3 times to even enter it now for it to load a level, it is annoying needing to go back to the lobby for it to happen again. Not to mention it's just faster in general, which might make people want to stay in a level longer than if they had to leave and come back for whatever reason.

Wooted by: (2)

#4 2015-11-22 11:00:22

Weirdoverse
Website

I have texture on my old EE drawings, it looks like from starship eleven :I

A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.

#5 2015-11-22 12:18:37

Creature

Inb4 one chance per day worlds.

This is a false statement.

#6 2015-11-23 01:02:09

Freckleface

this could be useful for making a world where you use world portals to go to another world (to get some code or something) and then you go back to get past something. So yeah I like this

F

Wooted by:

#7 2015-11-23 02:30:35

Pingohits
Banned

Creature wrote:

but remember, someone can simply use /reset

791mAP8.png

Wooted by:

#8 2015-11-24 03:56:02

iPwner
Website

Creature wrote:

iPwner wrote:

Also, if the player wants to completely restart the level, the /reset command can simply be made global... aka any player can use this to reset themself (coins, switches, and position) at any time.

Can you read the damn post instead of premature bickering?

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

Im A ®a®ity ®

Wooted by:

#9 2015-11-24 04:23:01

Schlog

iPwner wrote:
Creature wrote:

iPwner wrote:

Can you read the damn post instead of premature bickering?

It's unlikely that the /reset command would be made global.

#10 2015-11-24 04:26:14, last edited by iPwner (2015-11-24 04:33:37)

iPwner
Website

@MLgninaj It has no backdraws on gameplay of levels and is just more convenient. Not sure what your logic is on why it wouldn't be added...?

Im A ®a®ity ®

Wooted by:

#11 2015-11-24 04:54:00, last edited by Schlog (2015-11-24 04:54:08)

Schlog

iPwner wrote:

@MLgninaj It has no backdraws on gameplay of levels and is just more convenient. Not sure what your logic is on why it wouldn't be added...?

I never argued the fact that it shouldn't be made global, I just said it'd potentially not be added.
why do people overthink everything

#12 2015-12-02 02:48:07

iPwner
Website

MLGNinja wrote:
iPwner wrote:

I never argued the fact that it shouldn't be made global, I just said it'd potentially not be added.
why do people overthink everything

I didn't say that you said that it should not be made global, I said that I'm not sure why you'd think that it would not be added as evidenced by how you said that "it's unlikely" indicating that you indeed, did not think it would be added as the neutral stance would be "I have no idea whether this would be added or not" therefore not requiring a comment. Also, the fact that this topic exists actually raises the probability that it would be added so the true-neutral stance would be that "It's slightly more likely than 'I wouldn't know' that it would be added than 'I don't know'. Furthermore, if you weren't trying to make a point I don't know why you'd randomly say that. That would be akin to walking down a pedestrian road and out of the blue shouting "PEOPLE CAN WALK YOU KNOW THAT JOHN." (to which everyone on the road would likely stop all conversation and physical action to pivet their face in your direction, crane their neck forth, raise their eyebrows just a bit too high, and bat their eyelashes profusely for 5 seconds).

How am I overthinking things? I'm not overthinking things. O:<

Im A ®a®ity ®

Wooted by:

#13 2015-12-02 03:52:19

cpcrabs

iPwner wrote:

Ok, so campaigns save progress in a level for 15 min...so it seems it's within ee's capabilities to have permapoints.

Permapoints are basically checkpoints that save progress in a world (coins, switches, and position) for up to a day, even if you leave the level (whether it be by lagout or having to do something irl).

The owner would be able to place them, unlike how in campaigns it just saves the last spot the player was at.

They would be incredibly useful, especially in long levels and considering how easily ee lags out. :o So ya. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Also, if the player wants to completely restart the level, the /reset command can simply be made global... aka any player can use this to reset themself (coins, switches, and position) at any time. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

If this could be for more then a day, say a week, it could be better than my username door idea. Okay it IS better than my username door idea.

17 i think

Wooted by:

#14 2015-12-02 03:53:41

cpcrabs

Creature wrote:

/reset....

17 i think

Wooted by:

#15 2016-01-13 19:49:55, last edited by iPwner (2016-01-13 19:51:45)

iPwner
Website

Bump. For some reason mods are allergic to my suggestions... I just want a mod to post here so we can know if this will ever be added. Also some seriously useless stuff such as the "reset block" has been uselessly added into the game when a simple /reset command could have been made, if a mod were to, you know, actually look at this suggestion.

Im A ®a®ity ®

#16 2016-01-13 21:52:10

Prodigy

*sarcastic voice* Do you want more lag on EE ?!

h0qIF0q.png

#17 2016-01-14 15:58:33

Anatoly

Why dont you only add the ability to every type of checkpoint so you dont have to create a new ölooking block??

#18 2016-01-14 21:57:14

Pingohits
Banned

AnatolyEE wrote:

Why dont you only add the ability to every type of checkpoint so you dont have to create a new ölooking block??

what ability

791mAP8.png

#19 2016-01-15 12:43:00

Anatoly

Pingohits wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

what ability

Just add this "permapoints" to checkpoints, so that means that you dont need to create new thing just checkpoints will healt longer

#20 2016-01-15 22:02:01

Pingohits
Banned

AnatolyEE wrote:
Pingohits wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

what ability

Just add this "permapoints" to checkpoints, so that means that you dont need to create new thing just checkpoints will healt longer

what

791mAP8.png

#21 2016-01-15 22:23:40

zioxei

Pingohits wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:
Pingohits wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

what ability

what

I think he means switching the actual checkpoint block either to permanent or to default.

user.php?id=zioxei
user.php?id=thanksmom
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Wooted by:

#22 2016-02-06 03:31:41

iPwner
Website

So, when exactly is this going to get some mod response? ;D Considering you are constantly stalking the forums anyway... o_o It perplexes me as to why you would deliberately ignore popular suggestions?

Im A ®a®ity ®

#23 2016-02-06 10:45:47

Thanel

http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewto … 44#p565344

nou wrote:

In general I don't want too give to much away. We do see everything, literally everything, but if we start dismissing/confirming everything it ruins the surprise factor.
We have a detailed long-term plan for the coming few months with a lot of user-suggested things, but you'll have to wait and see which ones and when wink

#24 2016-02-06 15:54:35

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Thanel wrote:

nou wrote:

In general I don't want too give to much away. We do see everything, literally everything, but if we start dismissing/confirming everything it ruins the surprise factor.
We have a detailed long-term plan for the coming few months with a lot of user-suggested things, but you'll have to wait and see which ones and when wink

but what about rejected ideas? we will keep suggesting and suggesting them without knowing its not worth trying //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#25 2016-02-06 16:27:55

Koya
Fabulous Member

maxi123 wrote:
Thanel wrote:

nou wrote:

but what about rejected ideas? we will keep suggesting and suggesting them without knowing its not worth trying //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Admins see everything and will make notes of good things; if you are going to suggest something that has already been suggested, then you don't.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

Wooted by:
Thanel1454775631580770

Board footer