Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-13 17:54:53

Terrasher
Website

General EE Discussion

Use this topic to post about random Everybody Edits stuff that isn't topic-worthy but you want to share.

No long quote chains, please.

tumblr_mkwgua1DWj1qe0clto1_500.gif

Compare your lives to mine and then kill yourselves.

Song over, back to field. Putin is great!

#2 2015-09-13 18:03:48

hummerz5

Re: General EE Discussion

EE is dying slowly and inevitably.

Wooted by:

#3 2015-09-13 18:04:14

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

They're going to do useless topic anyway and you know it.

gLjTZE1.png

Wooted by: (8)

#4 2015-09-13 18:46:06

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

i'll accept this only because i was thinking of a topic like this anyway

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#5 2015-09-13 20:45:14

Creature

What are your predictions to when someone will post about Bruce?

This is a false statement.

#6 2015-09-13 21:21:32

Zoey2070 wrote:

i'll accept this only because i was thinking of a topic like this anyway

You could turn this into a "random EE thoughts you find interesting but not worth a thread" sticky.

Wooted by:

#7 2015-09-14 00:04:42

Pikmindude

Creature wrote:

What are your predictions to when someone will post about Bruce?

Maybe we should ask him? Our lord and savior knows all.

f0836d63c2d49c5850521363b3a46475.gif 89a8aa498e2bf90c995d8d3b75f556ef.png363e003fc34e3b4026905c3cf425dabd.png

Wooted by:

#8 2015-09-14 02:14:06

Schlog

Bobithan wrote:

EE will not be good until limited blocks are unlimited

This would make Builder's Club useless...

Bobithan wrote:

double jumping is added

I don't know how this game sucks without double jumping.

Bobithan wrote:

and it is fully converted to HTML5.

How does this affect the gameplay of EE in any way? Is this entirely necessary?

#9 2015-09-14 02:27:31

Anch

MLGNinja wrote:
Bobithan wrote:

Bobithan wrote:

double jumping is added

Bobithan wrote:

Wait is it just me or do I not see him post that.
Bug?

#10 2015-09-14 02:38:03

Schlog

anch159 wrote:
MLGNinja wrote:
Bobithan wrote:

Bobithan wrote:

double jumping is added

Bobithan wrote:

Wait is it just me or do I not see him post that.
Bug?

He deleted his post.

#11 2015-09-14 03:54:19

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

MLGNinja wrote:
Bobithan wrote:

Bobithan wrote:

double jumping is added

Bobithan wrote:

Flash is dying and this is a well-known fact. Facebook already starts to drop Flash and browsers like Firefox and Chrome starts to slowly drop it too. Also to notice that Flash's perfomance is patethic, for god's sake, it's 2015 already. HTML5 is really smooth and you can check that by watching a video in youtube using Flash and another one using HTML5, the difference is obvious. Also check HTML5 EE, even though it's not finished yet and that the physics needs some changes.

About "double jumping", it's not necessary, but it would allow to create new types of minigames.

gLjTZE1.png

Wooted by: (2)

#12 2015-09-14 04:03:52

Schlog

ZeldaXD wrote:
MLGNinja wrote:
Bobithan wrote:

Bobithan wrote:

double jumping is added

Bobithan wrote:

Flash is dying and this is a well-known fact. Facebook already starts to drop Flash and browsers like Firefox and Chrome starts to slowly drop it too. Also to notice that Flash's perfomance is patethic, for god's sake, it's 2015 already. HTML5 is really smooth and you can check that by watching a video in youtube using Flash and another one using HTML5, the difference is obvious. Also check HTML5 EE, even though it's not finished yet and that the physics needs some changes.

About "double jumping", it's not necessary, but it would allow to create new types of minigames.

Ah, thank you for answering me. I did indeed notice a slight framerate increase, but playing on the flash version seems to barely be slower. But, that's just when I have no other tabs or programs open. I can't fully test this for a while, so I'll be completely sure in about a week.
Double jumping minigames could be interesting, too.

#13 2015-09-14 15:51:40

CREASTEDFACE
Website

guy said no long quote chains -_-

"Parcour is chicken" - Creastedface        ..... and no im not Crashedface for those people who just.... period.

Wooted by:

#14 2015-09-14 16:12:04

Abelysk

hummerz5 wrote:

Stawp it, you sound like those beggars who kept on saying Earth was going to end on December 21th 2012.

Wooted by: (4)

#15 2015-09-14 16:15:07

Pingohits
Banned

Itsmeandersonlol wrote:
hummerz5 wrote:

Stawp it, you sound like those beggars who kept on saying Earth was going to end on December 21th 2012.

earth ended when the iphone was released

791mAP8.png

Wooted by:

#16 2015-09-14 22:05:13

skullz17

Itsmeandersonlol wrote:
hummerz5 wrote:

well everything that is alive is constantly dying, so he's right. The fact that he said "slowly" makes his post optimistic if anything //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue .

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by: (3)

#17 2015-09-14 22:26:35, last edited by Hexagon (2015-09-15 22:09:32)

Hexagon

Hexagon's list of EE service accounts

Username                   Description                                                                Appearance
thumbnailgenerator1*   takes an up-to-date picture of your world for                   when an algorithm determines that your world is popular and is
                                   EEIndex using init data.                                                 changing frequently (e.g free edit worlds.)

codeverifier**               checks to make sure that the code that is                       appears randomly.
                                   promised is correct.                                                     

eecrawler                      now retired from it's role for as Spider, it                      appears rarely. Used to appear frequently, however many users
                                    is now a multi-purpose account, mostly                        disliked the bot, most commonly citing that it was a spy or a bot.
                                    used personally. May appear rarely in your
                                    world as a generic account to test certain
                                    scripts or bots on. Harmless.

CodeVerifier
The code verifier bot will randomly join your world, and will try to extract the world code from:
- world title
-any sign/text in the world
- all map dat (blocks) via ocr
- any chat messages from the owner containing the code

CodeVerifier might move around your world, or act like a human to organically activate bot automatically giving edit to all players. EEIndex will indicate if the code works or not, by using the data from CodeVerifier.

Thumbnailgenerator
If you opt out of the thumbnail generator (i.e using a bot to kick it), users might not receive an updated thumbnail of your world, and the contents might not be representative of the current state. If the thumbnail generator is not able to visit your world, it will just show the most recent thumbnail generated via BigDB and possibly the date when it was generated last.

The thumbnail generator and the code checker will only be in your world for less than five (5) seconds. Sometimes, the accounts might be in your world for a longer period of time. This means that it is doing a spot check, the system load is too high where the account is located, your world is very large and it is taking a long time to download, or an error occurred with the application's disconnection policy.

At any time a move event(s) may be sent or (an)other event(s) that a normal client(s) might send, to activate any bots which may rely on looking at these events to activate god mode for example. If you kick these accounts at any time during their visit, it will be saved, and possibly be made public because it might indicate suspicious behaviour.

@ means that if the world title says that there is a code, and the code is in the world title then the code will show. If the world has a code in it (i.e in a hidden sign) but there is no promise for a code in the title, the validity of the code won't be advertised, however, we may indicate that there is a code but we will never display it. If you have lost access to your account, we may hide the validity of the code and may forgive penalization of invalid codes because you were not able to update it. If you chat the code into chat, that code might be publicly available for a small period of time. After everyone leaves the world that code will not be posted publically, unless it is advertised via an alternate form or the code is advertised again in chat when the world is popular. This bot can only solve codes that are in a very simplistic form. Codes that contain riddles, or other things that would need natural language to solve (e.g "the code is the color of a banana") this bot may tell a human to solve the puzzle and try the code. It is highly likely that the code's availability will be "indeterminate" but not invalid.
* means that the user cannot opt-out of the service. All users are opted-in by default.
** means that the user can opt-out of the service, but it will be advertised that the user has opted out of the service. You cannot opt-out of showing that you have opted out. All users are opted-in by default.

Wooted by:

#18 2015-09-14 23:26:34

Xfrogman43

Hexagon wrote:

The thumbnail generator and the code checker will only be in your world for less than five (5) seconds

How do you kick it fast enough if it is in your world only for <5 seconds?

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#19 2015-09-15 12:24:19

Hexagon

Xfrogman43 wrote:

How do you kick it fast enough if it is in your world only for <5 seconds?

You'd have to have a bot that would kick it, or have lightening fast reflexes (it can be even less than 2.5 seconds, so the foremost is probably more likely.) It can also be kicked if the room is too full (but I'm not sure if that would be considered kicking it if it couldn't join to start with.)

#20 2015-09-15 12:54:03

Xfrogman43

I don't think it would be a problem unless it would get stuck in the world and you don't want it there.

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#21 2015-09-15 18:15:19, last edited by Zoey2070 (2015-09-15 18:27:41)

Michele
Formerly AntonioS300

Terrasher wrote:

Use this topic to post about random Everybody Edits stuff that isn't topic-worthy but you want to share.

No long quote chains, please.

THIS LONG QUOTE CHAIN IS HURTING MY EYES AHHHHHH

Idler.jpg
XOsS4ha.gif

Michele1442337319541980

Board footer