Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-06-18 12:21:58

Minimania
Moderation Team

My Close Friend May Very Well Have A Week Left

When people say "a week left", they may mean that they have a week left in school, or perhaps they're on a business trip and they have only a week to go. Unfortunately for my friend and I, when she says she has a "week left", we're talking about her life.

My friend, Zue, or Elizabeth, is in grave danger. She has a condition that gives her intense headaches, up to the point where her ears are actually bleeding. She will not survive without a procedure. In seven days, she's off to the hospital to take that procedure. If successful, she will survive and my dream will be fulfilled, as well as my prayers answered.

However, this procedure is a great risk that may end catastrophically. Zue has a maximum 1 in 4 chance of surviving this, and that's just given that her condition won't act up until then. Eleven people, including myself, are calling her every day, texting her, and we're also using a website called iScribble.net to draw with her. She's extremely sweet, funny, cute; she's an angel in disguise.

I'm not the kind of person to ask for anything, not even small things that matter. This time, however, I'm going to make an exception.

I'm aware that not everyone here is of religion (or just straight up manners, for that matter), but I sincerely ask that you pray for this young woman so that she may experience the much needed grace of God in her time of struggle. If you would, it would mean so much to her and I. I couldn't ever thank you enough. I sincerely hope that she'll come out okay, and I ask that you may spread the hope.

Athiests: I'm not arguing about religion, and this thread is in no way about religion. Posts that are purposed on using any source to try to disprove religion isn't to be tolerated, and will be reported. If you don't believe in prayer or anything of the sort, at the very least, please, just wish her luck.

I would like to thank everybody in advance for being a pool of considerate people that I can come to in a time of need. May God bless you (or Vishnu, or Confucias, or Skrillex) and may you live a splendid life.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#2 2015-06-18 12:48:09

Firecrackericebreak

Re: My Close Friend May Very Well Have A Week Left

I hope that your close friend will live. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Wooted by: (4)

#3 2015-06-18 13:09:19

Opengangs

Oh, dang. That must be depressing to hear, all we can do is pray and hope for the best. I hope your friend will live on, man.

Computer Science, Mathematics | Aspiring PhD candidate in theoretical computer science.

Wooted by: (3)

#4 2015-06-18 13:56:52

Different55
Forum Admin

Oh wow. Hope everything goes well, that sounds like a terrifying situation to be in.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#5 2015-06-18 15:07:33

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Hope everything goes will.  I wish 'em the best.

Discord: jawp#5123

#6 2015-06-18 17:15:41

Anak

<3 Best of wishes and I send my love

#7 2015-06-18 19:40:27

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

Hey! I can't be a bowl of positivity and provide false hope saying your friend will make it through this, but that's what you better be telling her. Tell her everything's going to be fine and that a person like her is already one in 7 billion so the odds are in her favor.

Make this week easy for her. Don't let her get stressed about the procedure. Make sure she knows that there are people who love her very much and will be by her side. Ensure her she's going to survive. And I mean drill it in her mind that she has nothing to worry about. Because the more positive she is about this, the greater the probability she actually will survive the procedure.

She's in my thoughts and if there's anything an Internet user can do, let me know. I'm always here for you to talk to and as you might know I'm going through a bit if a rough time myself so I know how important it is for a loved one to stay positive.

We love you minimania and Zue!

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

Wooted by: (6)

#8 2015-06-18 22:09:23

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

I'll be praying for her.

#9 2015-06-18 22:21:04

BEE

Do you mind if I ask how old you are? The general age? Because I'm going to give some very unconventional advice here... If you are both young in age, it is important that you let her know that you will be her friend and be by her side *no matter what happens* life or death.

Oftentimes children and even teenagers feel extreme guilt and pressure when they are in a situation where they are dying and worry excessively about their friends and families that may be left behind. This pressure is difficult because the child doesn't really have control over the situation, so they often feel powerless. There's several suggestions about how/why to do this, but I found one here, if you are curious and want to read: http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/encyclope … tID=P03055

I agree that you should be very hopeful for her to pull through, and I will be hopeful with you. Just know that saying things like "I can't live without you!" will only make her feel guilty instead of hopeful, if that makes sense.

Those that knew me five years ago knew that I went through something very similar with this as a friend of mine got a heart transplant. If it gives you hope, know that my friend just celebrated her five year Heartiversary and is doing well today. Here's to hoping your friend makes it through. Please take care of yourself too.

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#10 2015-06-18 22:48:36

Minimania
Moderation Team

BEE wrote:

Do you mind if I ask how old you are? The general age? Because I'm going to give some very unconventional advice here... If you are both young in age, it is important that you let her know that you will be her friend and be by her side *no matter what happens* life or death.

Oftentimes children and even teenagers feel extreme guilt and pressure when they are in a situation where they are dying and worry excessively about their friends and families that may be left behind. This pressure is difficult because the child doesn't really have control over the situation, so they often feel powerless. There's several suggestions about how/why to do this, but I found one here, if you are curious and want to read: http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/encyclope … tID=P03055

I agree that you should be very hopeful for her to pull through, and I will be hopeful with you. Just know that saying things like "I can't live without you!" will only make her feel guilty instead of hopeful, if that makes sense.

Those that knew me five years ago knew that I went through something very similar with this as a friend of mine got a heart transplant. If it gives you hope, know that my friend just celebrated her five year Heartiversary and is doing well today. Here's to hoping your friend makes it through. Please take care of yourself too.

I wouldn't prefer to say my age, but I'm a teenager that is halfway through it.

I understand that she could feel very guilty depending on the things I say and what we talk about. However, we're doing our absolutely best to give her the best week she's ever had in her entire life. This is just me and eleven other people.

Thank you so much, everybody, for it really, really helps with all this support!

21cZxBv.png

#11 2015-06-18 22:59:45

Anch

Aw //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad
I'm so sorry to hear this. No one deserves to go through this. I hope that 1 fourth of a chance happens!
//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

#12 2015-06-18 23:37:00

Master1

I'm so sorry to hear that :c

I'll be praying for her, and I hope she makes it through this. Make sure she enjoys every second of the next week ^^

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#13 2015-06-18 23:38:06, last edited by Abelysk (2015-06-18 23:39:54)

Abelysk

I hope all goes well... I shall pray for her life to fall in the hands of good luck.

It looks like she has brain hemorrhage... It is serious indeed.

It is caused by high blood pressure and stroke most commonly...

#14 2015-06-19 01:45:51

Evilbunny

Oh man, I wish her the best. Nobody should have to go through this. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Evilbunny (in cursive)

#15 2015-06-19 02:00:59, last edited by Mouseh (2015-06-19 02:01:06)

Mouseh

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad Best wishes for Zue. Please land in the 1/4 please! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

#16 2015-06-19 13:14:10

Yandax

I'll be praying.

Pretend I didn't exist until now

All hail me, the king of insensitive jerks

Woot if you hate me

#17 2015-06-19 13:50:42

Formerly alkazam1448
Website

Whoa whoa whoa dude that's going too bad wow...

That's really bad news. Especially on a happy merry forum like this. I'm not telling that you shouldn't have posted this, just saying that it is sad.

Sirzachthewarrior wrote:

I'll be praying.

Wooted by: (2)

#18 2015-06-20 11:08:16

Kangxp

Wish your friend all the best! I do believe that if an afterlife exists she will always watch over you and be alongside you.
Your post reminded me of how my paternal grandfather died when I was still 9, days before my birthday. (He gave me a red packet containing some money which I still haven't opened until today, it's the last thing that he ever gave me)
I hope that your friend can survive and recover from this unfortunate condition!
You can also make a world on EE dedicated to her.
P.S I hope Fate's dice is rigged and actually has all sides painted with "Survive"

derp
go watch mlp
everyone will be proud of u
just search "mlp sweep"

#19 2015-06-20 13:34:34

Shadow

That's sad to hear. I will be praying for your friend.
Hope everything goes out well!

#20 2015-06-20 14:35:04

logothetis
Website

I wish her the best. https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/4/42/006_sad  https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/3/31/007_crying

everybody_edits_sword_fight_by_echokai-d5qr01m.gif
Credits To Echo

#21 2015-06-20 20:52:01

Insanity

The worst things always seem to happen to the best of people. Really sorry to hear this bro, I hope your friend pulls through.

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

#22 2015-06-20 22:41:13

Michele
Formerly AntonioS300

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Idler.jpg
XOsS4ha.gif

#23 2015-06-21 04:09:17

Minimania
Moderation Team

Kangxp wrote:

Wish your friend all the best! I do believe that if an afterlife exists she will always watch over you and be alongside you.
Your post reminded me of how my paternal grandfather died when I was still 9, days before my birthday. (He gave me a red packet containing some money which I still haven't opened until today, it's the last thing that he ever gave me)
I hope that your friend can survive and recover from this unfortunate condition!
You can also make a world on EE dedicated to her.
P.S I hope Fate's dice is rigged and actually has all sides painted with "Survive"

You know what? I'm going to do just that.

21cZxBv.png

#24 2015-06-21 05:18:53

logothetis
Website

Insanity wrote:

The worst things always seem to happen to the best of people.

I know it,my dad died 2 years ago

everybody_edits_sword_fight_by_echokai-d5qr01m.gif
Credits To Echo

#25 2015-06-22 16:41:37

Minimania
Moderation Team

Thanks, everyone. It really helps. I will post here again whenever I get results.

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by:
SirJosh39171435546614517047

Board footer