Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2015-06-06 23:20:09

Panic

Re: Moderator Feedback

Add to nav bar because good information. We don't get to see the point expiration time thing though.

Obligatory piece of text placed here forcing you to load an extra 100 bytes of data per post I make.

#52 2015-06-07 03:27:09

BEE

Why not just link it inside the "rules"  link? Like at the bottom "For more information, see here"

That way its not intrusive, but still can be found if looked for.

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#53 2015-06-14 16:26:59, last edited by Dazz (2015-06-14 16:39:20)

Dazz

Lately I've seen a ton of vulgarity and threads about grown up discussions that should not be here on this forum, not even off-topic, I appreciate Different55 and Zoey2070 as being ''open'' and nice but you two and few others grew up, while is normal for your age to discuss and be open about these matture subjects I don't think these kind of topics/posts should be legal on this forum, there are still underage users here.

I know what some are going to say, this is the internet, you'll find this all over, ok, sure, but certain users, especially underage users need sometimes approval from parents, they actually check these websites to make sure that there are ''safe'' enough for them. Either way I honestly do not think we need subjects about xes orientation, maryjane and other things I've seen, I honestly don't want to mention users nor threads I could make a big list of users and threads I honestly thought the mods will see and censor them, it never happened , my point is, mods, you're all grown but you should be a little more conservative. Also just closing such topics while they can be read by anyone is not an option.

Also, one more thing, there are few users that are talking Fdoou's language, by posting 9/10 sarcasm, while it might seem cool for some and funny, I honestly don't think it should be encouraged by mods especially when it has a offensive message and/or also a double meaning, just because it's funny it doesn't mean the offensive part is not offensive for other users.

Wooted by: (2)

#54 2015-06-14 16:45:20

BEE

Hm, you make some good points Dazz. Minor controversial topics have always been allowed on these forums (search the user Echo to find some, he made a few). So I guess the question is, where is the line? Are these forums rated "G" "PG" or "PG-13"?

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#55 2015-06-14 16:58:49

Different55
Forum Admin

Yeah, I see where you're coming from, but... Hm.

I wouldn't like to censor serious discussion on stuff like that but on the other hand you're right when you say that this is primarily a forum for a kid's game. And I can't really say that I even remember the last time there was a serious discussion on any "heavier" topics that didn't immediately devolve into childishness. It's been a while.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#56 2015-06-14 17:20:02

Dazz wrote:

Also, one more thing, there are few users that are talking Fdoou's language, by posting 9/10 sarcasm, while it might seem cool for some and funny, I honestly don't think it should be encouraged by mods especially when it has a offensive message and/or also a double meaning, just because it's funny it doesn't mean the offensive part is not offensive for other users.

Yep, I did find Fdoou funny but after his demise this forum got full of pretentious posts containing painfully forced "trolling", old memes and sarcasm by users trying to take his place, hell there are even some who reply negatively to about anything ("no, just no") for the sake of rebelling. Although that might be just natural on an internet discussion board, and we all have freedom of speech and wadda wadda.

#57 2015-06-14 17:22:29

Pingohits
Banned

0176 wrote:
Dazz wrote:

Yep, I did find Fdoou funny but after his demise this forum got full of pretentious posts containing painfully forced "trolling", old memes and sarcasm by users trying to take his place, hell there are even some who reply negatively to about anything ("no, just no") for the sake of rebelling. Although that might be just natural on an internet discussion board, and we all have freedom of speech and wadda wadda.

*glares at duck*

791mAP8.png

#58 2015-06-14 18:04:06

skullz17

Dazz wrote:

But nowadays most of the things you say will offend someone.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#59 2015-06-14 18:45:47

Different55
Forum Admin

skullz17 wrote:
Dazz wrote:

As someone who's read the reports on these forums, I can confirm this.

- ShinsukeIto

#60 2015-06-14 19:16:55

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Different55 wrote:
skullz17 wrote:
Dazz wrote:

As someone who's read the reports on these forums, I can confirm this.

Don't even need to read the reports... just click on a random active topic...

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by:

#61 2015-06-14 20:41:28

Ratburntro44
Website

Different55 wrote:

I wouldn't like to censor serious discussion on stuff like that but on the other hand you're right when you say that this is primarily a forum for a kid's game. And I can't really say that I even remember the last time there was a serious discussion on any "heavier" topics that didn't immediately devolve into childishness. It's been a while.

Perhaps you could make a separate forum available to older users and have DOB entered somewhere in registration? If someone needs approval from their parents to use a website I would assume they would also need approval from their parents to register on it, meaning they would be far more likely to enter real DOB

#62 2015-06-14 20:53:11

Different55
Forum Admin

Ratburntro44 wrote:
Different55 wrote:

Perhaps you could make a separate forum available to older users and have DOB entered somewhere in registration? If someone needs approval from their parents to use a website I would assume they would also need approval from their parents to register on it, meaning they would be far more likely to enter real DOB

The thought crossed my mind but I thought something like that would be making too big a deal out of it. It's possible, though.

- ShinsukeIto

#63 2015-06-14 21:53:45, last edited by Pyromaniac (2015-06-14 21:58:46)

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Different55 wrote:
Ratburntro44 wrote:
Different55 wrote:

The thought crossed my mind but I thought something like that would be making too big a deal out of it. It's possible, though.

Dont do this. Splitting the community wouldn't help anything and most likely both sides would be annoying.

Also, wanting to promote good discussion is gr8 and all, but like you said when was the last time that discussion was actually fruitful? Just look at that nonsense about sexual orientation. That was just so unnecessary lol, and if it was nipped in the bud i dont think anyone would be worse for wear. I think keeping the forums clean (ish) is more important //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

@whoever mentioned Echo's posts, I dont think thats a good example of what healthy, appropriate discussion should be. That dude was messed up and I was disappointed in Atilla or whoever was in charge of the forums at that point that s(he) let it go on that long.

Wooted by:

#64 2015-06-14 22:25:57

Ratburntro44 wrote:
Different55 wrote:

That would create even more drama, and besides, even with the user filter we'd still derail the threads to hell and back with witty posts and personal arguments.

#65 2015-06-14 22:53:14

Panic

Would it be possible to move heated off-topic discussions/arguments within threads to their own threads in the off-topic section, and simply let them have at it there? I'm going to be one of those people who say arguments are fun... Could also do with a general debates thread within off-topic with rules and whatnot to keep it serious businessssss.
To keep things clean(ish), could possibly try to get the community to brainstorm/sort out a number of topics to add within rules or somewhere as things to be strictly avoided in discussion.
Bloody tired right now, don't feel like thinking too thoroughly about those ideas.

Obligatory piece of text placed here forcing you to load an extra 100 bytes of data per post I make.

#66 2015-06-14 23:04:57

Different55
Forum Admin

Would it be possible to move heated off-topic discussions/arguments within threads to their own threads in the off-topic section, and simply let them have at it there?

Yeah, FluxBB lets you split and merge threads out of the box.

- ShinsukeIto

#67 2015-06-14 23:19:04

Dazz

BEE wrote:

Hm, you make some good points Dazz. Minor controversial topics have always been allowed on these forums (search the user Echo to find some, he made a few). So I guess the question is, where is the line? Are these forums rated "G" "PG" or "PG-13"?

I knew Echo, ofc, he managed to full everyone into liking him despite admiting what he likes and a good part of users understod he's a creeper, yet there were little or no reactions.  The line should be I guess as it was during these years, common sense and using rules, warnings and reports eficiently in a nice tone but serious.

Ratburntro44 wrote:
Different55 wrote:

Different55 wrote:
Ratburntro44 wrote:
Different55 wrote:

Pyro and 0176 have a point,  why to go from one extreme to the other when all you have to do is use like before, common sense and censor what is there to censor, maybe add some more rules and discipline more the actual users, taking reports more serious, etc, the forum and the rules were used just fine for 5 years, everyone had to adapt to them and learn to respect them, some users grew but I don't see the reason why this must be an issue since supposedly grown ups should be the ones to realize that this is a forum for a game not a night club and rules should be respected and equally used.

On the other hand, I assume it gets boring and annoying at a certain age to keep censoring yourself or expressing yourself this way when you think so different and you're arround your online same age friends but it can't be that hard after all, it's not like anyone here is from a wild island not to be able to chill a little and avoid these hot subjects, debates or vocabulary.

#68 2015-06-15 00:39:14

Also sorta related, are swears or potentially offensive words completely prohibited? I always thought they were but I've seen quite a bit of them around lately, as it's not that hard to get past the dictatorial censor system anyway. I'm eager to spit a few out sometimes but yeah that'd be risky.

#69 2015-06-15 01:03:16

Creature

BEE wrote:

I'm looking for a "Three strikes you're out, no matter the variety of rule broken" rule or a "Warning, day ban, week ban, month ban, permaban, but only for the same type of offense" rule.

Dear BEE, you're a very nice forum member, you don't have problems with rules, but we're not like you. We always mistake and sometimes break a rule, nobody is perfect, making it so strict like this would make the forum almost empty, what would you prefer? A forum with rule-breakers or a empty forum?

I think forums.everybodyedits.com is very strict compared to some forums I saw around. I saw a forum where you could make long quote chains with memes and you wouldn't get warned no way. Making it more stricter wouldn't solve the problem.

So, I prefer the actual system, which is good for nice members and also who can't be so nice.

This is a false statement.

#70 2015-06-15 01:31:51

Anch

Creature wrote:

I saw a forum where you could make long quote chains with memes and you wouldn't get warned no way.

Don't compare other forums to this forum. We have separate rules from them.

#71 2015-06-15 01:41:52

Ratburntro44
Website

Pyromaniac wrote:

Dont do this. Splitting the community wouldn't help anything and most likely both sides would be annoying.

You may have (though I'm not sure) misinterpreted what I was saying. I meant a new sub-forum in this forum that would be hidden from younger users and have laxer rules, not creating a whole separate website. The entire community could still be in the same place, just with child-inappropriate discussions relegated to a separate section, and the main sections (where the whole community is) kept more child-appropriate.

#72 2015-06-15 01:45:39

Different55
Forum Admin

0176 wrote:

Also sorta related, are swears or potentially offensive words completely prohibited? I always thought they were but I've seen quite a bit of them around lately, as it's not that hard to get past the dictatorial censor system anyway. I'm eager to spit a few out sometimes but yeah that'd be risky.

Pretty much, I think. The censors aren't there to block everything to protect the eyes and minds of the children, they're supposed to be a mildly humorous reminder that, hey, swearing's against the rules.

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#73 2015-06-16 01:23:23

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Ratburntro44 wrote:
Pyromaniac wrote:

You may have (though I'm not sure) misinterpreted what I was saying. I meant a new sub-forum in this forum that would be hidden from younger users and have laxer rules, not creating a whole separate website. The entire community could still be in the same place, just with child-inappropriate discussions relegated to a separate section, and the main sections (where the whole community is) kept more child-appropriate.

Oh, gotcha. My bad. This I like better, although I probably would avoid that sub forum tbh

Wooted by:

#74 2015-06-30 15:53:09

Different55
Forum Admin

;_; sorry, I will do better next time.

- ShinsukeIto

Different551435675989517477

Board footer