Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Nickolai

A riddle i do not understand

here it is hopefully someone can explain it. i havent found an explanation online

The rabbinical student is about to leave for America. When he asks his mentor for advice, the rabbi offers an adage that, he tells the student, will guide him for the rest of his life. "Always remember," the rabbi said sagely, "life is like a fountain."

Deeply impressed by his teacher's wisdom, the student departs for a successful career in America.

Thirty years later, he learns that the rabbi is dying, so he returns for a final visit."Rabbi," he says, "I have one question. For 30 years, whenever I was sad or confused, I thought about the phrase you passed on to me, and it has helped me through many difficult times. But to be perfectly frank, I have never understood the full meaning of it. Now that you are about to enter the realm of truth, tell me, dear rabbi, why is life like a fountain?"

Wearily, the old man replied, "All right, so it's not like a fountain."

#2 Before February 2015

Wolf exile1

Re: A riddle i do not understand

Umm...

I don't understand that. It seems more like a story

#3 Before February 2015

Nickolai

the question to answer is how is life like a fountain. then he responded its not but why

#4 Before February 2015

Wolf exile1

Answer: Because life isnt like a fountain.

Do I win?

#5 Before February 2015

Nickolai

idk :O if its the right answer i guess i dont know the real answer myself

#6 Before February 2015

Cola1

Life is beautiful, fountains are beautiful (for some)
"so it's not like a fountain." - He is dying, to him life isn't beautiful anymore.

smilpat.gif
kQgdwOD.png

Nickolai1423643631317801

Board footer