Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

we need more mods

OMG. ANOTHER WE NEED MORE MODS THREAD. i think the only mod thats been doing anything lately is bass. it looks like most of the other active mods are doing other stuff. thoughts?

#2 Before February 2015

calculusguy

Re: we need more mods

Well, different was rep trolling, and RPG was locking my topics when I wanted to ask a question... Do those count?

Maybe we get some popular users as a mod like SD24 and TM02?

#3 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

i havent seen different do much moderation, and rpg is too busy with the contest to moderate. rpg has been doing some, but 2 mods isnt enough for a forum that gets constantly raided.

#4 Before February 2015

Cola1

Yeah, and what ever happened to jakery? Does anyone know?

smilpat.gif
kQgdwOD.png

#5 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

i think he has to do some project for the company he works for

#6 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

I haven't seen any admins at all recently. You're talking to a wall.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#7 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

calculusguy wrote:

Well, different was rep trolling, and RPG was locking my topics when I wanted to ask a question... Do those count?

Maybe we get some popular users as a mod like SD24 and TM02?

Why is it every post I see from you is NEGATIVE to another person?   You're taking this soooo the wrong way.

Anyway it's true, it is time for more mods, with the sudden influx of people coming to the forums and other mods leaving.

#8 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Brawler700 wrote:

i havent seen different do much moderation, and rpg is too busy with the contest to moderate. rpg has been doing some, but 2 mods isnt enough for a forum that gets constantly raided.

I get on about once a day and moderate.

@calculusguy: Here you are obsessing over rep again. It's a number. Just one little MySQL query from cyclone could destroy it all.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#9 Before February 2015

noelzkie

Maybe they are using guest as camouflage? Then online when something bad happens? Just an opinion.

#10 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

I don't do that unless I'm expecting a raid.

Actually, a lot of us are getting less active than we used to. Someone new would be a good idea.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#11 Before February 2015

Calicara

Personally I think you guys should get rid of Chewy and Jakery. They have been very inactive lately. What's the point of giving someone moderator status if they aren't going to moderate?

I think Supadorf24 would make a good moderator.

#12 Before February 2015

Master1

calculusguy wrote:

*facepalm* god nobody cares about rep, shut the **** up already >.>

and I think Chewy should be removed, and takoman or supadorf should be added.

Last edited by Master1 (Nov 23 2011 10:46:23 am)

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#13 Before February 2015

calculusguy

This is why you were on my noob list (or were you?). STOP CURSING.

Anyway, the top posters who are most known like TM02 and SD24 should become mod. The reason why not all, even if they have about 400 valid rep, is that they won't be remembered as mod. As an example, ebobgc123 has 0 posts, and 0 rep. Ever if he posted more, I doubt we would remember him, part because his username, and part because he wouldn't have made many important threads.

#14 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

i smell a flame war about to happen

#15 Before February 2015

Jaybm

Failgirl101 wrote:

Jakery had less than 300 posts when he was a moderator. You just generalizing and assuming.

Also:

calculusguy wrote:

This is why you were on my noob list (or were you?). STOP CURSING.

Failgirl101 wrote:

It's not Master1s fault you won't stop whining.

calculusguy wrote:

Yeah, its your fault.

No one can MAKE you whine. You are responsible for your own decisions. The only person responsible for everyone not liking you is you. You are constantly whining and complaining because you can't take a little criticism. Get over it.

@failgirl101 talk about a hypocrite...

#16 Before February 2015

calculusguy

@Failgirl
Its called indirectly. Lrn2indirectly. And isn't this getting offtopic?

@Jaybm
Yes.

Back on topic, does anyone have that list of who had the most posts? I guess some of the possible mods might be found there... Also, there need to be something so you must have at most 1 warn or no warns to be a mod, so noobs who don't read the rules at first don't "almost" get nominated.

Last edited by calculusguy (Nov 23 2011 1:22:31 pm)

#17 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Cyclone once told me that it doesn't matter how many posts they have. He said that if someone PMed him asking to be mod, and had proof that they were a formidable mod by showing sites they've modded on, etc, then he would actually consider them.
Just because someone posts a lot doesn't mean they'd be a good mod.
Posting a lot, does, however, give you a better chance, because you can tell what kind of person someone is with 200+ posts, whereas you can't determine if someone would be a good mod if they only have two posts.

Failgirl, no offense, but why is it that there somehow seems to be an argument in just about every thread you post in?

Also, a lot of the mods are inactive, and I'd rather have a false sense of security by having 5 inactive mods than having five less mods.
If a stranger comes on the forums and sees the amount of mods, they'd say, 'oh, it might be bad to raid this forum,' but they wouldn't know how inactive the mods are, whereas if all the inactive mods were demodded, they'd say, 'oh dayum, look at that lack of mods, let me find some sexy pictures of myself to spam. And by sexy, I mean google image gross stuff.'
edit: AND PERSONALLY I WOULD LOVE TO BE A MOD BECAUSE I'M ON PRETTY MUCH CONSTANTLY AND THE FORUMS NEED A FORMIDABLE PERSON LIKE ME TO MOD, BECAUSE I REPORT A LOT AND AM A HELPFUL PERSON AND I THINK I COULD HANDLE THE RESPONSIBILITY THAT BEING A MOD IS EVEN THOUGH I LIVE IN THE SAME TIMEZONE AS MOST OF THE MODS.
[/modchancesslashed]
no, seriously, why do people seem to think I'd be a bad mod?

Last edited by Zoey2070 (Nov 23 2011 3:38:34 pm)

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#18 Before February 2015

calculusguy

Zoey2070 wrote:

Cyclone once told me that it doesn't matter how many posts they have. He said that if someone PMed him asking to be mod, and had proof that they were a formidable mod by showing sites they've modded on, etc, then he would actually consider them.
Just because someone posts a lot doesn't mean they'd be a good mod.
Posting a lot, does, however, give you a better chance, because you can tell what kind of person someone is with 200+ posts, whereas you can't determine if someone would be a good mod if they only have two posts.

Failgirl, no offense, but why is it that there somehow seems to be an argument in just about every thread you post in?

Also, a lot of the mods are inactive, and I'd rather have a false sense of security by having 5 inactive mods than having five less mods.
If a stranger comes on the forums and sees the amount of mods, they'd say, 'oh, it might be bad to raid this forum,' but they wouldn't know how inactive the mods are, whereas if all the inactive mods were demodded, they'd say, 'oh dayum, look at that lack of mods, let me find some sexy pictures of myself to spam. And by sexy, I mean google image gross stuff.'
edit: AND PERSONALLY I WOULD LOVE TO BE A MOD BECAUSE I'M ON PRETTY MUCH CONSTANTLY AND THE FORUMS NEED A FORMIDABLE PERSON LIKE ME TO MOD, BECAUSE I REPORT A LOT AND AM A HELPFUL PERSON AND I THINK I COULD HANDLE THE RESPONSIBILITY THAT BEING A MOD IS EVEN THOUGH I LIVE IN THE SAME TIMEZONE AS MOST OF THE MODS.
[/modchancesslashed]
no, seriously, why do people seem to think I'd be a bad mod?

And now, people will send spam PMs to cyclone about sites they (haven't) modded on. And all this^ execpt the last part.

At the argument line, its because she thinks im a noob, and posts where I post, which makes me explain more things, confusing her, which makes her make an argument, because she doesn't understand what im saying.

Last edited by calculusguy (Nov 23 2011 4:50:15 pm)

#19 Before February 2015

Calicara

Zoey2070 wrote:

I never try to start arguments. It just always somehow seems to happen. I'm gonna try to stop. Sorry.

Last edited by Calicara (Nov 23 2011 5:27:25 pm)

#20 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

ugh. failgirl and calculusguy are really screwing up this thread. i reported for this thread to be locked because i dont want you two to end up banned. i should have just dug up someone elses we need more mods thread. quit arguing.

if this one stays, the argument will keep going on forever and nobody will change their sides. this thread is out of hand.

Last edited by RhazhBash (Nov 23 2011 5:09:20 pm)

#21 Before February 2015

Calicara

Brawler please don't get this locked because of our quarreling. Just ask a mod to delete the spammy posts. I'll delete mine if it will make you feel better.

-Sorry

#22 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

well you can delete the posts, but i cant go back and undo the report i sent. and we need to clean up cgs posts too. this thread needs some mods in it, for multiple reasons. this is why we need more mods.

#23 Before February 2015

calculusguy

*thinks*x100 Does anyone have an idea for a system for more mods? Maybe a "weak mod" category with only part of the powers of real mods?

EDIT: An idea I had: if you clean up a large thread, at least recount the posts, otherwise the entire FORUM is a lie. I noticed a lot of posts getting deleted lately.

Last edited by calculusguy (Nov 23 2011 6:24:47 pm)

#24 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

calculusguy wrote:

I still think fail always trolls, even her USERNAME says it.

usernames mean nothing. tgt trolls ingame, but he stays away from the forum. i think he only got banned once, and the ban got revoked.

quit arguing with failgirl before you end up banned. i already reported this thread, dont mess up.

#25 Before February 2015

calculusguy

Well, doesn't fail always argue with me? Also, where did you get that quote?

Can a mod delete ALL posts that don't have to do with this topic (sorry Brawler, yours too), as they have nothing to do with this topic. They just sort of make it more spammier...

Last edited by calculusguy (Nov 23 2011 6:25:14 pm)

RhazzleFrazzle1423707339254093

Board footer