Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

mrvalley

'wiring'

i think it would be great if you had the ability to 'wire' doors and gates to their keys.   you might be able to put it in with the blocks, or you can put it under tools.   to use it, you would just select it, click on a key (or door/gate), then on a door/gate (or key).   then when the key is activated, the door or gate it is wired to will open.   you could also add an option to show/hide wires.   this would be good because i have a great idea that would introduce the concept of teamwork to EE, but wires are absolutely needed for it.  

yes, i know that adding wires could potentially add a large amount to the data that is needed to be stored on the servers, and spamming wires could also be a problem.   my solution to this is to make wires an energy store item, like for every package of wires you buy you can place a certain amount of wires, like the spawn point option.

#2 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

Re: 'wiring'

Sounds like a rather complicated system, but I do like the idea very much.

#3 Before February 2015

Doom moose

You took that idea from little big planet. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

#4 Before February 2015

Olip96

You took that idea from little big planet. mad

You make me laugh. You really think that Little Big Planet is the ONLY ONE and FIRST who invented this ? :rolleyes:

#5 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

Doom moose wrote:

You took that idea from little big planet. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

That's like saying that he ripped off the Mario games by adding coins. But really, so what? If it's something that adds to the gameplay in a good way, then it should be embraced.

#6 Before February 2015

Doom moose

XD

#7 Before February 2015

mrvalley

actually i have never played little big planet, but i think I've heard of it before.  

yes, this can get complicated, especially with the big maps, but that's why you have to buy them in sets.

#8 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

Sounds like redstone from Minecraft. Could be fun I suppose.

#9 Before February 2015

mrvalley

I'm pretty sure it will.   with this you can make puzzles for people to solve, as well as making teamwork a part of the game.   for example:   you could put a blue key inside a box.   one of the sides of that box is made of blue gates.   in another box, you can put a green key.   one of the sides of that box is made of blue doors and green gates.   both boxes have a second side made of red doors.   a third box has a red key in it and one side is made of green doors.   the exit is also made of red doors.   one player must go into the box with the blue key so another player can go into the box with the green key, so a third player can go into the box with the red key, free the other 2, exit the level, and go on to the next   level.  

this puzzle is simple enough, it can be done without wiring.   with wiring, though, you could make more complex levels, and they wouldn't interfere with each other.

#10 Before February 2015

EDJ

I support this!

#11 Before February 2015

Alex

Great idea, added to the list

mrvalley 1423726146235286

Board footer