Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Jojatekok

Savestates

Idea #1
The first idea is for the normal saving feature. It's pretty simple: Let us have 3 slots for saving and loading levels, so we don't have to be afraid of trolls while we are saving our level.

Idea #2
The second idea is a bit more complex. Explaining it is a bit harder, so I'll tell you an example:

First, imagine that you have a 200x200 world with RPGMaster2000 in it. They don't know the code. RPGMaster2000 is at position 34|78, and he presses the "Save state" button. Now, he goes to 48|96, and he feels that he is in a very good position at the moment, so he presses "Save state" again. After a while, he reaches 180|36, and he feels that he's trapped, so he presses the "Load state" button, and he goes back to 48|96.

Users should only use the save state or load state feature if the room's owner allows it for them. The save states' storage would be the server to avoid hacking and savestate sharing.

Last edited by Jojatekok (Apr 26 2011 12:33:15 am)

#2 Before February 2015

Wezza

Re: Savestates

hmmm, i don't really understand..
like who is us? what does it do?

#3 Before February 2015

Panic

wezza wrote:

Basically, save the level in 3 different ways and be able to revert to any of them.

Obligatory piece of text placed here forcing you to load an extra 100 bytes of data per post I make.

#4 Before February 2015

The First Gamer

Panic wrote:
wezza wrote:

Basically, save the level in 3 different ways and be able to revert to any of them.

Ah, that makes perfect sense, i'd want it in as well.

#5 Before February 2015

Wezza

so like a back-up?

Last edited by wezza (Apr 25 2011 3:45:22 am)

#6 Before February 2015

Jojatekok

wezza wrote:

so like a back-up?

Yep.

#7 Before February 2015

BunnySMG

Oh, I thought you mean save states as in allowing you to save your position and coins gathered in any world. Now that would be useful. Doubly so for those of us who play EE on more than one PC.

#8 Before February 2015

jakery

Would players on the map be reverted to their coin/position state when you load-state, remain where they are, or get sent back to the start?

#9 Before February 2015

Betaguy

Well I like this idea, but that would be the same as have 3 worlds in one //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

#10 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

+1 idea like

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#11 Before February 2015

Jojatekok

jakery wrote:

Would players on the map be reverted to their coin/position state when you load-state, remain where they are, or get sent back to the start?

Umm... No, some of you guys misunderstood me. Savestates would be like the current saving and loading, but with 3 levels. BTW BunnySMG's idea is pretty nice, so I'll add it to the first post.

Jojatekok 1423730080231352

Board footer