Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Gamerbro64

Edit Block

Smileys have wanted edit areas like in the tutorial worlds in there own world's for a while. It would bring new challenges to worlds and a lot more fun. Plus trolls can still have there fun without ruining the whole entire world. I have thought of an idea that could work so smileys can have this fun addition to their worlds! The key is edit blocks, they are able to be seen and only the creator of the level can put them down and erase them. They are in the background to avoid problems. I hope all you smileys like this idea. An image of it is below. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

2rhnwgx.png

#2 Before February 2015

ktostam450

Re: Edit Block

Yes! We need it!

#3 Before February 2015

KanibalFrost

I've already seen people set boundaries in their saved worlds using programes similar to Animator. I partly like your idea, but that edit block may be mistaken for background. Maybe a boundary you set using your cursor to make a square in which people can't edit.

#4 Before February 2015

pedro everybody edits

yeah nice idea

#5 Before February 2015

John

Yes! Great idea! Only owner can delete edit blocks.

PW?scale=2

#6 Before February 2015

Shift

If it's already in the tutorial world, then what makes you think it hasn't already been suggested several times? *hint hint*

Also, I'm not a smiley; I'm a player.

#7 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

@Shift: Chris has made it glaringly obvious that he doesn't listen to his community. The tutorial world's use was to simply showcase the function of free editing, which is practical to find in a tutorial world. I highly doubt it has any relevance to future updates.

This is a brilliant idea. I can only imagine the possibilities of challenges that one could do with this.

Last edited by Tako (Jan 15 2012 11:25:55 am)

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#8 Before February 2015

Furkansmr

Yes. Good. +Rep

#9 Before February 2015

SquidMan338

I'm for this. Using this, you could make like "Guest Boss" areas or something //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#10 Before February 2015

Cola1

Yes, this, you could use it to make bosses more, interesting...
Or you could use it in mini-games so they have to put the block in the right area.

smilpat.gif
kQgdwOD.png

#11 Before February 2015

DKZero

But what happens it you put a background on the "tiger block" BG? :rolleyes:

Problem!?

#12 Before February 2015

TrappedTime

Didn't I bring up an idea like this before? Maybe I forgot to post a topic XD
Either way it wouldn't have gotten any replies because... it'd be my.
Mine was different, though. Instead of a brick it was an area...

Nice innovation, though.

#13 Before February 2015

scienceguyz

KanibalFrost wrote:

I've already seen people set boundaries in their saved worlds using programes similar to Animator. I partly like your idea, but that edit block may be mistaken for background. Maybe a boundary you set using your cursor to make a square in which people can't edit.

Like selecting an item on your desktop

#14 Before February 2015

Gamerbro64

scienceguyz wrote:
KanibalFrost wrote:

Like selecting an item on your desktop

Actually that would be better than my idea but it would have to be that when you are the creator in god mode you can see it like the secret blocks. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#15 Before February 2015

lrussell
Website

I love this idea, this is a must have!

Gamerbro64 1423737939223493

Board footer