Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Koya
Fabulous Member

Sending multiple block data in one packet at once

I know you can't send more than 5 sets of block data per packet, but how do you send more than one at once?

Last edited by Metatron (Sep 17 2014 7:42:51 am)

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#2 Before February 2015

Showpath

Re: Sending multiple block data in one packet at once

By not using the PlayerIOClient or modding it so you can send byte arrays and building your "Message".
http://atil.la/?p=public_projects/EEDecode/ (Can be used to get byte arrays for messages).
http://atil.la/?p=public_projects/LittleBot/ (If this copy works it used to be able to connect to EE missing lots of things but sending and receiving data should work on it assuming it works) mix the 2 or maybe littlebot has the code to send multiple packets at once have fun trying.

#3 Before February 2015

Processor

It might be far easier to just "steal" the socket object from the playerioconnection object through reflection. But I don't think that would help with the block sending speed...

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#4 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

Combining multiple packets together won't help the speed at all. I've tried this in the past.
The server itself has a throttle seemingly, which acts as a buffer and causes all sort of misery. =P

signature.png
*u stinky*

#5 Before February 2015

Koya
Fabulous Member

I was only looking to send multiple blocks at once to ensure the removal of a row of blocks at the same time.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

Koya1423758693202739

Board footer