Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Cedantes

Question about The whole Beta business.

Since beta was released im seeing a huge fall in new features on the regular site.
Im not trying to sound rude or what not but like, i understand Beta is to test new features but when will these features be released on the basic website? I dont remember any new features being added to it in a while besides the updates with the log in.
Like i said im not trying to **** about it im just curious.

#2 Before February 2015

Elementridr

Re: Question about The whole Beta business.

It will occur eventually. Probably when they push the current beta content out with newer content. Its only fair, because in essence, beta members are the reason they can can continue development and cover hosting, etc.

#3 Before February 2015

Flare

Beta members test out the new features. When Chris is at least 95% or so sure that there are no more bugs and he's fixed most if not all of them, he will release the features into the normal game.

#4 Before February 2015

Watashii

Flare wrote:

Beta members brings money to Chris. When Chris is at least 95% or so sure that all the players with a paypal account have paid him the 10$, he will release the features into the normal game.

Fix'd.

#5 Before February 2015

Cedantes

Lol > 3> sounds about right. Thats what i thought but i thought i'd give him the benefit of a doubt first to see what other reasons there would be.

#6 Before February 2015

Zap

Nah I think the Beta is more the normal game. And the regular one is the free version.

#7 Before February 2015

njutbart

Zap wrote:

Nah I think the Beta is more the normal game. And the regular one is the free version.

Then "beta" is a very bad choice of name for it. If this was the case it would make more sense to talk about a premium version and a free version.
Personally the only thing I'm really interested in from the current beta is the mute button. Damn all you people who create maps with 1000+ coins. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#8 Before February 2015

nge1301

I think the new features will be released for free when version 1.0.0 comes out (thats only a guess)

#9 Before February 2015

pimanrules

Somehow, I doubt a mute button needs much more testing that it's already received. Chris really needs to start rolling out new features on the main game.

And I have beta, so don't think I'm just whining about not having features. The whole purpose of a beta is to test features. I'm all for him making it a "premium" version of the game, but he can't keep calling it a beta without rolling out features.

#10 Before February 2015

YoshisIsland

Well the interesting thing is.
There are people whining about not having the beta. And then they want new features already again. I'm sure he'll add the text box before bringing out the next version.

#11 Before February 2015

Cedantes

YoshisIsland wrote:

There are people whining about not having the beta. And then they want new features already again. I'm sure he'll add the text box before bringing out the next version.

Were not whining at all. Its just the point of Beta is to test new features and once there working properly and no bugs to release them on the main game. Since Beta was released the Main game hasn't had any new features added in on it. Im all for the Beta program but if Beta isn't going to be used properly then like they said, call it premium instead of Beta.

#12 Before February 2015

Mephit

We already have 0.8 version so I think it could be released.But saved worlds for free would make servers run crazy. I've bouth beta and it's pretty amazing.

#13 Before February 2015

YoshisIsland

Cedantes wrote:
YoshisIsland wrote:

Were not whining at all. Its just the point of Beta is to test new features and once there working properly and no bugs to release them on the main game. Since Beta was released the Main game hasn't had any new features added in on it. Im all for the Beta program but if Beta isn't going to be used properly then like they said, call it premium instead of Beta.

I'm talkin' about some people of another forum and another game.
What I'm tryin' to say is. Some people have to be more patient for getting more features.
Beta is 0.8.
1.0 would be a great release number... "would".

#14 Before February 2015

Cola1

Didn't need to swear                 ashamed0006.gif

smilpat.gif
kQgdwOD.png

#15 Before February 2015

Cedantes

Mephit wrote:

We already have 0.8 version so I think it could be released.But saved worlds for free would make servers run crazy. I've bouth beta and it's pretty amazing.

True enough but since it is on beta at some point it would have to come out on the main game unless they made Beta a premium addition.

Cedantes 1423855202106230

Board footer