Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

emanresu

Stop helping me!

I hate when I'm playing a platforming level and I'm having trouble with a certain room and the creator comes by and knocks a hole in the wall or otherwise makes it so I can skip past the area I'm stuck on. This **** me off to no end. It completely negates the effort I'm putting forth and ruins the fun of overcoming the challenge yourself. I usually rage quit when this happens.

#2 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

Re: Stop helping me!

Never happens to me, thankfully. I do agree that creators should never interfere with gameplay unless the whole population gets stuck at a single spot.

#3 Before February 2015

Zap

Are you forced to do it? No. Just ignore it man.

#4 Before February 2015

venergy

usually i do that, if they change their smiley to >_> cuz that means a yellow light for ragequitting.

#5 Before February 2015

thesadface

I find it nice that the creators are help the people who enter.
Makes me feel like its special.:D
And I also agree with Venergy(^)

#6 Before February 2015

capasha

I hate when the peoples that have code to the world going around there i play, and helping out when i testing out to find a solution to do some original steps. It's just do me so mad to have this stupid gods around me to show how to do the step.

Should be nice to use a "**** u" finger inside EE just to let them gtfo when you are jumping and testing the original jumps.

#7 Before February 2015

kamikaze

I think its kind of cute in a way, usually someone will do this on stair levels. One time a creator led me all the way to the code, followed by ten other people behind me. That was sort of sad, it was a really cool level.

#8 Before February 2015

I Like This Game2

Hopefully when chat is put into the game we'll be able to tell the creator not to do that.

#9 Before February 2015

Zeal

Chat will most likely be put in.
From the polls i saw.

#10 Before February 2015

Cola1

Sometimes when I have trouble doing a level (normally when I'm eating an apple) the creator just comes puts a hole in wall... i just keep trying to get the coin at top so he pushes me through the hole and I GET ****** off

smilpat.gif
kQgdwOD.png

#11 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

+1 rep.

#12 Before February 2015

emanresu

Bumping this topic. Today I was playing a pleasantly challenging minigame level and was fairly far in.   I had been working out how to get past a particular minigame for a minute or two when the god who was following me around dropped out of god mode and completed the minigame in front of me. I was not amused and immediately quit the level **** off. I didn't want nor ask for help. Showing me what to do ruins the whole point. I don't want to just go through the motions, I want to figure it out for myself. Please ask people if they want help before helping them!

#13 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

facepalm.jpg

on a 2010 topic... really?

#14 Before February 2015

ilyas3d

Lets have a bump party now! I honestly don't mind it. I'm too nooby to finish challenges by myself.

#15 Before February 2015

emanresu

kaosslasher wrote:

on a 2010 topic... really?

Why not? It's my topic and my post is relevant. What would be the point in starting a new topic? Not all necroposting is bad.

#16 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

yeah, i noticed it was your topic a little after my post :/

but i still hate gravdigging / necropostin

#17 Before February 2015

Nightmare

No needed to bump this topic...

#18 Before February 2015

coolio

>.> i feel like a noob but...
wtf is 'bump'????? O.o

#19 Before February 2015

Cheezburger

Meh, the problem is, there are people who DO want the help *noobs* and there are always more of them than pros, so the creator helps them because in terms of getting first in the lobby, it's better to lose 1 pro than 10 noobs.

#20 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

Hmph... I hate helpers, but in a different way. Sometimes I am hired to make smiley art for someone, and someone else tries helping me. This means this person gets helf the credit, because he did HALF the smileys! And, I also hate helpers because they try to "fix" my artwork...

#21 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Meh.

I try not to help people out too much, but it's hard not to because you don't want a ragequitter in your map when he's the only one there :/

I don't mind when people do that to me, but most of the time I'm trying to help them test the level. It doesn't help me if you do that yet you're still building the next mini, seriously. What I like is when people give me code, because I end up helping.

Trust me, I've never trolled in a locked world.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#22 Before February 2015

Super_Luigi

When someone is stuck for a lengthy amount of time (at least 7 minutes) and they have a //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile, >_<, or o_O face, I will usually show them the first step, or give them a small hint if they have chat.   No one seems to have any qualms with that.   (Well, one person did, and quit shortly after I did that, even though they had the o_O face... whatever //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue)

#23 Before February 2015

Fir3Fli3

I think helping is good, but not that way, just explain how to do it.

emanresu 1423859314102118

Board footer