Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015, last edited by skullz17 (2016-02-29 20:40:43)

skullz17

The Many Appearances of "S17"

The Many Appearances of "S17" is a new project, a level series, that I am going to start. It's about time travelling to different ages, but there's something very odd going on...

NOOJ2ZS.png

All the level descriptions are quotes from the original post where the level was released. In order of release date...

Industrial Grey
FZTWBBy.png

This is the first level in my series, The Many Appearances of "S17". The level is based off the Industrial Age Britain, and the factories and stuff that were put off. The art depicts a train going across a bridge over water, with factories in the background and a massive smoke cloud rising from all of them. Once you're in the smoke, it gets harder to see (literally, via 'eyerape'). You must find your way out of the cloud and into the light. Thanks to Jr2 for making some minis.

Play Industrial Grey

Mars City
eyoOPjS.png

I kept the art pretty simple in this level. I sticked to my ordinary style of shading, but I liked the look of the two-colour mountains, so I left that how it was. The water was tough to make, since I didn't make a proper sky, just space (I think in real life Mars might have a sky). I tried to make it a dark red; trying to make it look slightly transparent - the black of space with a bit of red from the rocks. The minis are a little bit lazy/rushed in places but I'm content with them. The art shows us a dome on Mars with a city inside, and the environment of Mars surrounding it. However, there is an unusual, seemingly unnecessary service for this city. An airport. What's more, the runway is marked with the familiar mark,"S17".

Play Mars City

Montezuma II
N9kQWEs.png

Here you are, once again at a random time in history. Somehow, this time the journey felt longer. This level was started a really long time ago, and I wasn't as good at designing levels back then as I am now. So that's why this level kinda sucks a bit. This level is slightly different to the others in the series. In the other levels, the path that the player takes is the actual path that the character in the story takes. In this level the path the player takes is more like what the character observes. A bit more of the story has been revealed in this level, so see if you can figure out the story behind S17.

Play Montezuma II

Related Levels

Schizoid's Android
Be3q5WN.png
This level was made for the official 2014 Sci-fi themed competition.

To be honest, I'm not all that confident about this world. It's very different to what I usually produce. I tried to integrate both the minis and the art with the story (so no gravity arrow minis), which means the minis are mostly easy and I'm afraid that they might be seen as low quality. But I did make a little guess the password puzzle towards the end, which seems good to me, but I'd like others' opinions as well. The art is 2D and platforming style, which is also different to what I usually make, but I don't think it's too bad. Also I used a lot of signs which tell the story, and people that skip them probably won't like my level.

Play Schizoid's Android

Paranoid Android
BkBlOaR.png
This level was made for Buzzerbee's Unofficial EE Themed Contest of 2015. The theme was "A Summer and Winter Medley"

Sequel to Schizoid's Android. I feel like I forced my level into the theme, but whatever. Probably the most rushed level I've done and I hate it tbh.

Play Paranoid Android

Project Progress/News: (DD/MM/YY)
- Paranoid Android was submitted as an entry for Buzzerbee's Unofficial EE Themed Contest of 2015. 27/06/15
- Montezuma II finally released. 18/01/15
- Schizoid's Android won an honourable mention for the 2014 Sci-fi competition. 01/12/14
- Schizoid's Android was submitted as an entry for the 2014 Sci-fi competition. 20/11/14 - 24/11/14 (date unconfirmed)
- Schizoid's Android was released. 10/11/14 - 20/11/14 (date unconfirmed)
- One of the dates are wrong. It gets fixed. 13/05/14
- Back on task, no longer taking a break. 11/05/14
- Taking a break. 20/04/14
- Mars City released. 13/04/14
- New logo. 26/03/14
- Mars City announced. 18/03/14
- Industrial Grey released. 12/03/14
- Project publicised. 12/03/14

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#2 Before February 2015

Anch

Re: The Many Appearances of "S17"

Ah! I love series! I can't wait until this series is done. Your levels are awesome! *thumbs up*

#3 Before February 2015

skullz17

The next level will be called Mars City. It will be set in the future, on Mars (if you haven't already guessed). Not gonna spoil anything.

Last edited by skullz16 (Mar 18 2014 10:16:01 am)

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#4 Before February 2015

Creature

You accept suggestions for next world?

This is a false statement.

#5 Before February 2015

skullz17

Yeah you can suggest worlds.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#6 Before February 2015

Creature

skullz16 wrote:

Yeah you can suggest worlds.

Suggestions:
-Amazonia Jungle
-Orbit
-The Puzzle Cube
-Station
-The Forgotten Island

#7 Before February 2015

Koto

Oh, kind of like what I am doing, but with Ancient Civilizations.   Do one about the Great Fire in Boston, maybe?

#8 Before February 2015

skullz17

@Koto, that's actually a pretty good idea, but it might be too close to the time of the Industrial Revolution, a theme I've already done, so I might not do it.

@Creature, the things you've said are more like random level ideas. Could you name some well known events from the past? Or something that could happen in the future? That's more what this series is about.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#9 Before February 2015

Koto

Ok, what about the catholic uprising/book burning/Dark ages?

#10 Before February 2015

skullz17

Can you explain that to me? Or give me the common name of the event, or maybe a Wikipedia page or something. I tried googling it but it came up with several different events.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#11 Before February 2015

Noctis

How about the classic era of Johann Sebastien Bach?!? I've always wished to time travel to the classical baroque era...

Last edited by Noctis (Mar 18 2014 5:56:43 pm)

#12 Before February 2015

Creature

Past:
-Dino Age
-Medieval
Future:
-Portals
The lobby could be Time Machine

#13 Before February 2015

skullz17

@Itsmeandersonlol, I'll research that and it might become a level.

@Creature, I gotta do Dino Age and I'll also do something within the Medieval era, but can you explain what "Portals" would be? I guess I could do something set in the future about portals, which could be cool. Also, I don't think I'm gonna do a lobby, because the player doesn't go back to the time and place they found the time machine every time they come back, they just go to random places with the time machine. Maybe at one point I'll do a level about the events leading up to discovering the time machine.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#14 Before February 2015

Koto

You should try to build a deeper story within the series.   Maybe start putting hints of other people that traveled to that time?

#15 Before February 2015

skullz17

Oh I've got a lot of ideas anyway. Suggestions are always appreciated but I have a good idea of what the series as a whole is going to be about. I've thought about things like hints and foreshadowing, and of course there is going to have to be a big finale level to wrap it all up and answer all questions.

Last edited by skullz16 (Mar 24 2014 10:47:10 am)

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#16 Before February 2015

Anch

How about in the future when robots can shoot lasers to outer space and then they reflect back to Earth which reflects to a happy tree back in outer space?

#17 Before February 2015

skullz17

anch159 wrote:

How about in the future when robots can shoot lasers to outer space and then they reflect back to Earth which reflects to a happy tree back in outer space?

Um, what?

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#18 Before February 2015

skullz17

Update: New logo

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#19 Before February 2015

skullz17

Announcement: Mars City is gonna be released on Sunday, if everything goes to plan and I have as much time as I think I do. Which means - sneak peak!

t2QhLAy.png

Also, keep up the suggestions; the next level after Mars City will be set in the past (I'm alternating between past and future when making these levels). I need some ideas, and I need to be convinced that they're good.

Last edited by skullz16 (Apr 8 2014 2:43:56 pm)

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#20 Before February 2015

Creature

skullz16 wrote:

Also, keep up the suggestions; the next level after Mars City will be set in the past (I'm alternating between past and future when making these levels). I need some ideas, and I need to be convinced that they're good.

-Dino age
-Egyptian land
-Medieval kingdows

#21 Before February 2015

Anch

anch159 wrote:

If a mod considers this spam

Last edited by anch159 (Apr 8 2014 4:29:56 pm)

#22 Before February 2015

Creature

anch159 wrote:
anch159 wrote:

If a mod considers this spam

Skullz16 actually wants a idea related past, you can suggest it other time.

#23 Before February 2015

dragonranger

I was bored

Last edited by Dragonranger (Apr 9 2014 2:31:51 am)

#24 Before February 2015

skullz17

@Creature An Egyptian themed level actually sounds pretty good, there's a good chance I'll do that next. I did say earlier that I would do a dino age themed level, but then I thought that it wouldn't work as well as the other levels. But now I'm thinking that it could actually work really well, but it would have to be further down the series. What we know about the dino age is limited so I can surely make things up.
@Dragonranger Nice job. I probably won't use it but I like how you used the thing from the first post; now I'm thinking I might make a new one with that quote too.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#25 Before February 2015

Anch

People should ask skullz16/skullz17 before making a banner so you won't feel bad when he doesn't use it.

skullz171424349895474642

Board footer