Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

skullz17

There's too much 'order' in EE

I wish there was more freedom in EE, and less 'order'.

There's too much "This level is really bad and you should feel bad for creating it." There's too much (opinion based) definite judgement and not enough (evident) opinion based ratings.

And you might think you've heard the above before but I'm applying this to EVERYTHING. And I mean everything.

Even little 'nub worlds'. People are so caught up with what is unoriginal and what is unique, what should be done and what shouldn't, etc. Why don't you just accept that some people like a level, even if the creator hasn't done a good job/hasn't got much talent?

There's a fine line between satisfaction and talent. Sure, someone might not have a lot of talent in what they do, but as long as they please their audience, their level is great! Stop criticising things because they contain smiley art, hookjumps, box minis or just whatever you call 'nubby'. EE is about creating levels for others, not becoming the most talented pixel artist or EE minimaker ever, so if someone enjoys what you've created, you've done your job.

Also, although you might like to stick to your arguments and opinions, levels can be fun if you try them out before completely reject them straight away because they have a hookjump. Hooks aren't even that bad. Heck, I find them fun. "But if there's a level filled with hookjumps then that's bad." Well actually you're blaming the wrong thing there. If a level with one hookjump is fine, but a level filled with them is not, surely it can't be bad because it contains hookjumps? When a level is filled with hookjumps, it's not bad because of the hookjump, it's bad because there is repetition. Any good minigame maker should know that repetition is one of the things that you should avoid when creating a level. It makes it boring because you're doing the same over and over again. And that's the same with any 'overused' mini.

I think EE could really be great if everyone would only judge levels whether they enjoyed them or not, and stop thinking so hard about what's generally considered bad and the talent of the creator.

Last edited by skullz16 (May 2 2013 3:11:00 pm)

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#2 Before February 2015

theHFnetwork

Re: There's too much 'order' in EE

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder". "A man's trash is another one's treasure". I agree with you, skullz.

#3 Before February 2015

Terence22205

It's what happens when you have a small minority of people over 14-15 playing in a game for 6 year olds.

#4 Before February 2015

AzurePudding

I don't mind a single hookjump but any more I find as poor level design as the jumps don't fit with EE's touchy controls.   If EE had different controls, they wouldn't be as bad.   You can't really expertly time them.   You just have to keep trying and hope it works this time.   This goes with hovers as well.   I think a lot more levels would be enjoyable if EE had better controls, and didn't lag more over time.  

The amount of "talent," "artistic skill," or "originally" should not matter when simply enjoying a level for fun.   Of course, there are some levels meant for art mostly, and levels that have art built into them.   But you don't need these to have fun in a world.   I remember the old days of EE, where we has starter blocks and that was it.   Not even backgrounds either.   And some of the simplest looking levels were incredibly fun.   Now.. these levels would probably be called garbage by a lot of people.   A level being simple in design, or being easy, doesn't make a bad level.   When entering a level, you shouldn't be playing to judge, you should be playing to have fun.   If there's smiley art, so what, that does not make the world a bad level.   Same if there is no background.   Play levels as a player, and not as a criticizer.

#5 Before February 2015

Alexthementalone
Banned

Yes I do agree with you skullz.

If you make your audience happy then you should feel happy.

#6 Before February 2015

theHFnetwork

AzurePudding wrote:

I don't mind a single hookjump but any more I find as poor level design as the jumps don't fit with EE's touchy controls.   If EE had different controls, they wouldn't be as bad.   You can't really expertly time them.   You just have to keep trying and hope it works this time.   This goes with hovers as well.   I think a lot more levels would be enjoyable if EE had better controls, and didn't lag more over time.  

The amount of "talent," "artistic skill," or "originally" should not matter when simply enjoying a level for fun.   Of course, there are some levels meant for art mostly, and levels that have art built into them.   But you don't need these to have fun in a world.   I remember the old days of EE, where we has starter blocks and that was it.   Not even backgrounds either.   And some of the simplest looking levels were incredibly fun.   Now.. these levels would probably be called garbage by a lot of people.   A level being simple in design, or being easy, doesn't make a bad level.   When entering a level, you shouldn't be playing to judge, you should be playing to have fun.   If there's smiley art, so what, that does not make the world a bad level.   Same if there is no background.   Play levels as a player, and not as a criticizer.

I agree with you. No matter how "bad" a level turns out for someone. Having fun is the most important factor when playing any level. If you succeed making a simple, yet fun level, maybe you'll have many players playing it. We at EE make levels for being played, not for being criticized nor even praised.

#7 Before February 2015

Anch

That was a nice message that everyone on EE should read.

#8 Before February 2015

SmittyW

I agree with skullz on this one. Everyone just gets too caught up with everything, and are highly opinionated beings. Unfortunately, that is how human society is and will most likely remain as... A bunch of highly opinionated jerks with power...
Also, I suggest you prepare for those such as EEDD, Mustang, or whoever they are to start writing a mean, old message to this that will vary to a size of as a novel, has some religious references, and detest the point which you are trying to get across.

Last edited by SmittyW. (May 3 2013 4:07:33 pm)

#9 Before February 2015

SeymourG

Actually, I think the problem is too little order, not too much.

With such a low amount of order present, everyone is free to **** as they please. If we were all in high-end, well-respected groups/guilds we'd be alot less likely to troll around.

Last edited by Tako (May 6 2013 5:39:57 pm)

#10 Before February 2015

Koto

So what, we aren't allowed to have opinions OR voice them?   I find that more offensive than Chris himself telling me he hates all the maps I've ever made in his game.

#11 Before February 2015

SeymourG

Nope!

#12 Before February 2015

planecool
Website

This is interesting. Personally i don't give a crap. I do whatever i want on ee. Hence i may not be as "pro" as mustang... But, i think i have just as much time. I spend 5 hours of my life each day on this game. People don't like my art because its too big too loose. whatever i like it. I like the game some times it sucks... Most if the time its great. MY opinion is do whatever you want.

* CYPH1E > YOU: [I'm] half bot pig man bear.

yEe4NdJb.jpg

50 dollars + salvaged computer parts.

#13 Before February 2015

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

AzurePudding wrote:

I remember the old days of EE, where we has starter blocks and that was it.   Not even backgrounds either.   And some of the simplest looking levels were incredibly fun.   Now.. these levels would probably be called garbage by a lot of people.

Did you know that a while ago, people thought dubstep was terrible? Look at the world now...

Everybody Edits is Fred

#14 Before February 2015

Koto

Number(1)KirbyFan10 wrote:
AzurePudding wrote:

I remember the old days of EE, where we has starter blocks and that was it.   Not even backgrounds either.   And some of the simplest looking levels were incredibly fun.   Now.. these levels would probably be called garbage by a lot of people.

Did you know that a while ago, people thought dubstep was terrible? Look at the world now...

No... people still do.

#15 Before February 2015

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

KingOfTheOzone wrote:

No... people still do.

I didn't mean it in a way that everyone likes dubstep, I meant that lots of people like dubstep. Pretty much everything is disliked by at least one person.

Last edited by N1KF (May 3 2013 8:43:54 pm)

Everybody Edits is Fred

#16 Before February 2015

treejoe4

AzurePudding wrote:

No, the world still hates dubstep. Dubstep is a genre fueled by young, pretentious, alcohol fueled fools. Don't apply a western view to the entire world.

Back on topic:

But you're trying to bring order to how people judge levels.

Why do you and others insist on pleasing every stupid child on this game? Why do you think it is good to accept their unoriginal levels? Their levels suck, that is simple to understand.

#17 Before February 2015

Arceus64

treejoe4 wrote:
AzurePudding wrote:

No, the world still hates dubstep. Dubstep is a genre fueled by young, pretentious, alcohol fueled fools. Don't apply a western view to the entire world.

There's other places besides the west that actually knows what dubstep is?

#18 Before February 2015

treejoe4

No of course not, they are too busy having civil wars and such

#19 Before February 2015

skullz17

If you don't like a level, don't play it, but don't discourage everything that it contains and any levels which contain some of these things.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#20 Before February 2015

Fdoou
Banned

^ That's too much order, you can't tell me what to do

#21 Before February 2015

Minimania
Moderation Team

So I'm... OVERUSED!

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#22 Before February 2015

Koto

Fdoou wrote:

^ That's too much order, you can't tell me what to do

This.   People need to stop trying to control ee, and need to just take it at as it is.   You'll never stop people from doing what they want to do, and it is stupid to think you can change that.

#23 Before February 2015

skullz17

Okay that post was a little bit contradictory.

My point isn't really about what you do when you find a level that you don't like, you can criticise it or troll it or whatever you want, my point here is more about how you judge a level.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#24 Before February 2015

SeymourG

treejoe4 wrote:

I may be young, but I don't drink. I don't listen to hardcore, but the softer side of dubstep is not bad. Haywyre Infinite is my favorite, which most of you probably rage on.

#25 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

But what if I WANT to judge a level? Hm? What then? Wouldnt it be too much order to tell me not to?

DONT TELL ME WHAT I CAN'T DO

skullz17142392958931843

Board footer