Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-03-21 06:54:45, last edited by Onjit (2024-03-29 06:24:29)

Onjit
Website

πŸ•πŸ•‘πŸ•’πŸ•“πŸ•”πŸ•• Mafia 56 (Clock Mafia) πŸ•–πŸ•—πŸ•˜πŸ•™πŸ•šπŸ•›

πŸ•πŸ•‘ Welcome toπŸ•’πŸ•“
πŸ•”πŸ•• Mafia 56πŸ•–πŸ•—
πŸ•˜πŸ•™(Clock Mafia)πŸ•šπŸ•›

It's time to get started!

Basic Rules:

1. Don't be a ****, it's just a game

2. Try to post at least 10 times per day phase

3. Don't talk about the game outside of where you're allowed to (ie. this thread)

4. Days will be about 70 hours long, and nights will be 24 hours long (We'll have the same cutoff time of 3pm AEST so its suitable for strategic purposes)

5. Ask me if you have any questions

6. Have fun (mandatory)

The setup is explained here: 09:12, but I'll do a proper write-up in a bit and add it to the thread.

The players are:

1. Pqwerty

2. Zumza - Killed Night 1: Vanilla Townie

3. Bobithan

4. Processor

5. Different55 - Lynched Day 2: Vanilla Town

6. Edilights

7. Buzzerbee - Lynched Day 1: Town Follower

8. N1KF

9. Schlog

:.|:;

#2 2024-03-21 13:39:23

Bobithan

Re: πŸ•πŸ•‘πŸ•’πŸ•“πŸ•”πŸ•• Mafia 56 (Clock Mafia) πŸ•–πŸ•—πŸ•˜πŸ•™πŸ•šπŸ•›

Diff is kinda giving maf vibes ngl

aka towwl

Wooted by:

#3 2024-03-21 18:00:13

Bobithan

I don't see an advantage in a babysitter claiming because they could also just be totally off on their scumreads and we'd be down 2 town pretty quick. A babysitter claim also narrows down the whole setup for scum (completely with a rolecop, 2 similar setups with jugg) where there's still several options for town. Id prefer we stay off role talk for d1 outside of exceptional circumstances

aka towwl

Wooted by:

#4 2024-03-21 18:04:31

Bobithan

also hi diff, hi proc, hi zumza, hi buzz, hi n1kf, long time no see //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

hi schlog i know you too but it hasnt been very long so you just get 1 smile //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

hi pqwerty, hi ediilights //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile don't know you two really unless maybe you're oldheads that changed names in the last few years

aka towwl

#5 2024-03-22 01:51:52

Bobithan

schlog is town probably

aka towwl

#6 2024-03-22 18:48:27

Bobithan

72 hrs of daychat + 24 hrs of nightchat: 96 hrs of scumchat and 72 hrs of townchat; scum only gets 33% more time than town
24 hrs of daychat + 24 hrs of nightchat: 48 hrs of scumchat and 24 hrs of townchat: scum gets 100% more time than town

longer days are more beneficial for town i think. more information is always better. ABP (always be Posting)

aka towwl

#7 2024-03-22 18:51:15

Bobithan

!vote processor

why would vt proc softclaim vt? aint no way

aka towwl

#8 2024-03-23 01:49:05

Bobithan

if proc is green theres at least one maf between zumza and n1kf i think

!vote zumza

aka towwl

#9 2024-03-23 13:10:18

Bobithan

Green as in not mafia. But I'm still leaning towards proc being magia, but the bandwagon that quickly formed from my vote is sus as well. Everything is sus. This is mafia.

Also schlog we are not nolimming today. Generally just a bad idea outside of extremely except8onal circumstances. Getting everybody's votes in + a reveal at the end of the day is a lot of information to work with even if we do miss

aka towwl

#10 2024-03-23 13:12:32

Bobithan

I think more discussion about babysitter stuff is a waste of time. We need to figure out who to vote out today not argue about mechanics

aka towwl

#11 2024-03-24 01:23:01

Bobithan

@n1kf you incorrectly crossed out my vote on zumza but that wont be relevant since im changing my vote this post

reads:

Zumza: probably town actually. making good arguments and poking at things to make progress in the game, very pro-town activity throughout the day.
n1kf: kinda neutral actually. good activity at least
pqwerty: Town enough for now
schlog: serving inexperienced townie vibes
buzz: i can see zumza's case for a red buzz and would be open to him being the elim tonight. very inconsistent about position on mech/mech talk. 
me: i got a pm that said im town
edilights: i have absolutely no idea
processor: made 1 post. i know proc is experienced with mafia so he clearly posted "what is a vanilla townie" as a joke, and the joke is that he's signaling that he got a role pm saying he's a vanilla townie & asking in the game thread what that is. which I read into as a subtle scummy misdirection
diff: also made 1 post and also that post was quite similar to proc's: just asking about the game setup. so basically nothing. bleh

buzz and proc are my top choices for now. I think I would be least surprised to see buzzerbee flip red so I guess i'll vote there

!vote buzzerbee

aka towwl

#12 2024-03-24 02:43:59

Bobithan

Votes are the only town aligned eliminations that happen in mafia and town doesn't get many of them. Scum can kill but they can ONLY kill town, so we need to take as many chances as we can get. also more information is always good, even if we hit town d1 we can look at the flow of votes throughout the day and try to find anything fishy. Not eliminating gives us very little to work with the following day

2 simple example games where town mislynches twice in a row:
vote somebody out d1: 7 town 2 mafia -> mislynch -> 6 town 2 mafia -> nightkill -> 5 town 2 mafia -> mislynch -> 4 town 2 mafia -> nightkill -> 3 town 2 mafia (do or die)
vote nobody out d1: 7 town 2 mafia -> nolynch -> 7 town 2 mafia -> nightkill -> 6 town 2 mafia -> mislynch -> 5 town 2 mafia -> nightkill -> 4 town 2 mafia -> mislynch -> 3 town 2 mafia -> nightkill -> 2 town 2 mafia (scum wins)

in the first situation even after missing twice in a row, we still have an opportunity to save the game with 2 scum out of 5 remaining players. If we don't eliminate today, we can only mislynch once before a mislynch ends the game with a scum victory

It's basically never the right idea to not lynch day one, especially with an odd number of players. The PRs in the 9:12 setup aren't nearly influential enough to change that argument, I would not be surprised at all if the PRs this game end up not mattering.

I feel like pqwerty should know all of this since I gather he's experienced with this game so I'm a little suspicious that he's so keen here on not lynching tonight

aka towwl

#13 2024-03-24 04:46:48

Bobithan

havent read all that yet but n1kf i think you should hammer buzz its nearly end of day

aka towwl

Wooted by:

#14 2024-03-25 19:48:38

Bobithan

I think pqwerty looks awfully red right now given a zumza death, given zumza very well could have been on pqwerty today if still alive

weirdly enough edilight's bizarre "hide and seek" comment makes me think he's town more.

diff and proc are still nothing of course. I hope we get more from them today. I don't like that there could be a mafia among them. still leaning proc more likely between the two. please talk more

n1kf is probably town? I think theyre playing very very well if theyre mafia

schlog i also think is probably town still.

thinking pqwerty + proc is the team that makes the most sense to me right now. Would be fine with either vote: I'm more confident pqwerty is red but we have more to lose from a green flip on pqwerty than a green flip on proc simply becuase pqwerty's more active.

aka towwl

#15 2024-03-25 19:49:33

Bobithan

!vote pqwerty

ill start here

aka towwl

#16 2024-03-26 22:51:40

Bobithan

@proc a single joke post with a subtle VT claim is more suspicious than a single basically-nothing post. There's not much more to explain there. A slight suspicion of you + a lack of activity for a week is enough for me to be okay with your elimination, but that doesn't necessarily mean its preferable. I thought I explained this all pretty well.

now back to why I think a Zumza death reflects poorly on pqwerty:

Zumza wrote:

[...]

Having to pick between them is very hard, as one might had make a mistake (?). However, the possibility that they both did the same mistake doesn't seem right.

[...]

Zumza here is saying his top two suspects are Buzz and pqwerty. He then follows his vote on buzz by saying:

In the very unlikely scenario where Buzz gets lynched and flips Town, I think the best course of action would be to PR on Pqwerty (maybe I, maybe you who is reading this //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink).

Which is just saying to block pqwerty's night action to block a nightkill or other scum action.

Not much else suspicion was thrown pqwerty's way except for me calling him out in https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewtopic.php?pid=798738#p798738 for floating the idea of nolynching as somebody I'd think would know better.

Also:

Pqwerty wrote:

I like N1KF’s reads and Zumza feels active enough to call town. I don’t understand Buzzerbee’s vote on N1KF because posting reads is not nothing. Maybe it’s a processor Buzzerbee team?

Pqwerty wrote:

Idk Zumza I still like the idea of a babysitter claim. But if you don’t like it we can just agree to disagree and not do it.

!vote BuzzerBee

I don’t like how they said N1KF was a nothing slot. I like N1KF’s reads

He implies then straight up says Buzz called N1KF a nothing slot when that just isn't true: he said he was neutral on N1KF and was seeing where a vote would go. Which was maybe a little late for an exploratory vote especially if that's the last time you're going to post that day but hey that's water under the bridge

As for more tenuous/confbias stuff that's been in my head:
Looking at his ISO you'll find he doesn't really do much other than talk about mechanics until townreading n1kf in #53.
I don't like that he's so hung up about a babysitter when there's only a 25% chance a babysitter is in the game given starting information. Now that we know there's a tracker in this setup, maybe our mafia team has a juggernaut which makes a babysitter a lot more likely from a red POV. Additionally there's this:

Pqwerty wrote:

Ah right so I guess I should be worried more about a mafia rolecop. Tbh the fact that there’s a 50% chance of a mafia rolecop makes processor look worse.  claiming VT

Which I, very uncharitably, read as "oh yeah I should be acting like it's possible that there's a rolecop"

--

Edilights wrote:
Processor wrote:

Can't read

- Edilights
- Diff

We are busy but not illiterates . > : ( . Try to think I'm out of the box.

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

aka towwl

#17 2024-03-27 13:33:55

Bobithan

Pqwerty wrote:

I don't get this either. If Zumza says that I'm mafia then isn't this kill too obvious? Like of course all the heat is going to go on the guy who was scumread by the guy who died. For example, if N1KF died last night all the heat would be on processor since processor was their top sr D1. Why would I draw so much attention to myself when I could kill off N1KF and go for Processor the next day?

I don't think a Zumza kill is a stupid move from scum!pqwerty. I'm of the opinion that it's generally good to kill people who are suspicious of you (it's very easy to make the "it'd look too bad for scum!me to do that!" argument), and N1KF is right that Zumza kinda hinted at having a PR making him a compelling target for scum.

Pqwerty wrote:

How do you know there's a tracker in this setup unless you're a tracker or a mafia rolecop? This is clearly insider information that we aren't privy to unless you misspoke.

Yeah I confused follower and tracker, whoops. I hope that's clear given my theorizing towards the jugg+jk+follower setup.

I wouldn't be too upset about a diff elim tonight since, well, he's done nothing so we wouldn't be losing much, but my gut still says pqwerty so I'll stay there. I think proc has proven himself worth keeping around today.

I wish we had more from edilights+schlog+diff. Schlog also hasn't really done much other than advocate for a nolynch and scumread three low hanging fruit slots (https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … 40#p798740) which maybe is troublesome. The only person I feel good about right now is N1KF. I'm still leaning town on schlog and edilights but that's more from divine intuition than anything rational.

aka towwl

#18 2024-03-27 14:33:33

Bobithan

Our path to a pqwerty elim today might be tough. I think the way that happens is with me+N1KF+proc+schlog since diff is AWOL and edilights is a being of pure chaos. Diff seems like a much easier elim right now as he's only 2 votes away from going, which might point to somebody red between edilights and N1KF and since I feel good about N1KF that probably means red edilights?? Certainly not impossible.

I think I'd prefer a edilights lynch to a diff lynch just based on that but idk.

My vote preference right now is
pqwerty >> edilights > diff > proc > schlog >> n1kf
or thereabouts

aka towwl

#19 2024-03-27 20:23:29

Bobithan

I don't like that my main argument for a pqwerty yeet is being construed as primarily based on his babysitter paranoia; my two main points were:
-A Zumza kill is beneficial for scum!pqwerty since that was the main person sussed of him d1. I don't care if it's too obvious of a kill, that argument doesn't hold water for me. I find it to be indicative.
-His reasoning to vote for buzzerbee I find very disingenuous. I don't find the difference between saying n1kf is "neutral" and "nothing" to be as insignificant as pqwerty is arguing.

I've also forgotten to mention this d2 but I did d1: I really did not like him giving any credence to a nolynch strategy in https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … 37#p798737

The whole juggernaut/insider information theory is more speculation than anything concrete, but it's not something I can really ignore.

Pqwerty wrote:

Edit: Why is your next target Edilights?*

I explained why in the post. I think a vote on diff is really easy for scum to make, so I wouldn't be taken aback by one red among [edi, n1kf] and since I think n1kf is town that makes edi shoot up quite a bit. But still not as high as you :>

aka towwl

#20 2024-03-27 21:09:54

Bobithan

Because I wasn't really interested in booting you day 1? Buzz and proc were my top choices. I don't even know if I'd have voted you over a slot like diff or edi d1. Changing my outlook after 2 flips is not as extraordinary as you're making it out to be.

Also I think my arguments are rather good for a game such as this, thank you.

aka towwl

#21 2024-03-27 22:06:49

Bobithan

Schlog wrote:

nobody's claimed and we don't know anything about the night actions.

woah there, be careful fishing for pr info!!

aka towwl

#22 2024-03-27 22:07:11

Bobithan

hey schlog wanna vote pqwerty?

aka towwl

#23 2024-03-27 22:09:06

Bobithan

also care to explain your strong suspicion vs N1KF?

aka towwl

#24 2024-03-27 22:13:51

Bobithan

I'm going to hope that onjit is able to find a sub for diff for d3

Also didn't you just say diff is probably the pr

aka towwl

#25 2024-03-27 22:16:32

Bobithan

Processor wrote:

Im not happy with how easy a pqwerty lynch is

Not sure where this idea came from. The voting bloc for a pqwerty yeet is pretty much exactly me+n1kf+schlog+you. all 4 of us need to be onboard. diff already has 2 votes and schlog is expressing interest in that.

maybe I'm just biased because I'm coming from the POV of trying to get everybody to vote for pqwerty so to me it doesn't seem too easy lol

aka towwl

Gosha1712315725799165

Board footer