Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2022-09-03 22:37:50

Marshmallow Marshall

Re: Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

ElijahBaley wrote:
Hidden text

are you implying I'm lying? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

yes! and since we're playing Mafia, that is quite fair =P

ElijahBaley wrote:

anyway BuzzerBee is mafia I do not buy the "he is busy" story one bit just get him

What? Are you suggesting we should lynch him for "inactivity"? There are much more inactive/uncontributive people (such as Bon Jovi or ShadowsEdge, to different extents) I would go against before attacking him.

Nuclear Gandhi wrote:

!vote BuzzerBee

????????????????????????

#27 2022-09-03 22:38:35

Marshmallow Marshall

Why is BuzzerBee getting CFD'd, even by the inactive guy, and why is NOONE seeing an issue with it lol?

#28 2022-09-04 23:50:28

Marshmallow Marshall

Pqwerty wrote:
BuzzerBee wrote:

i’m curious to hear peoples opinions on onjit, bon jovi, and minimania

I have no idea about Onjit and Bon Jovi, but Mini's townreads seem okay. I wish there were more from Mini since Grilyon, Allen, Lumi, and me aren't super insightful townreads. If Mini is trying to narrow down the potential suspects by townreading people, I think he needs more townreads. Basically I feel better about Mini but I'd feel even better if they had more townreads.

!vote Marshmellow Marshall

? ? ? ? ? This vote has no progression behind it. In your ISO, your last mention of me was in your list of reads, in which I did not seem to be particularly scummy to you...? OMGUS aside, I have trouble seeing you coming from a town perspective.

Also, you asked about Elijah's case against me. His "case" is that I scumread him, basically... unless there's something I missed, in which case I will gladly be corrected.

#29 2022-09-04 23:52:21

Marshmallow Marshall

Nuclear Gandhi wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if Elijah and MM were both wolves together; because their interactions remind me of that 2020 December game where we all 3 were wolves together.
Who'd be their partner here? Anyone, just not me obviously.

........... what

Also, #328 is very serious. I have no idea why BuzzerBee suddenly got voted up despite being relatively towny imo - and now apparently I am the one being voted for OMGUS reasons (Elijah)/literally no stated or visible reason (Pqwerty)

#30 2022-09-04 23:56:16

Marshmallow Marshall

Nuclear Gandhi wrote:

MM what you got against ShadowEdge?

Nothing. I was only mentioning that BuzzerBee is far from being particularly inactive, since Elijah said he did not buy that he was busy (which naturally leads to the conclusion that he scumreads him for inactivity).

2b55b5g wrote:

nothing is happening, so i went back and backread some pages, and honestly i haven't got a single clue on how to scumread anyone due to my confusion on this day (and partly also because im overwhelmed, like im not new to mafia but i rarely play serious mafia games or setups where a majority of people are VTs) //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

so what im do instead is vote someone and see what happens

i dont feel comfortable voting BB cuz that vote from Gandhi is still really weird to me, and i do believe that BB is busy. i can vote Gandhi but i'd rather wait for an explanation for now since he seemed pretty towny to me on day 1.

however i'll vote Marshmallow for now, mainly because im a sheep (and also due to impulse because i want something to happen lol). several people have suspicion on him recently (Lumi, Elijah, Minimania), and while im still not entirely convinced since i really doubt a mafia would vote an anti-town role early in the game, i think the reasons for suspecting MM are fair. i also want to see his reaction to being voted, if theres any

!vote Marshmallow Marshall

ElijahBaley wrote:

GET BUZZER BEE AND THEN MARSHMALLOW MARSHALL.

is there a reason for getting them in this order btw?

The reasons to suspect me are fair? Okay then, answer this:

What are the reasons to suspect me? Because even I have a hard time seeing them xD. What makes you not just a massive sheep hopping on a mislynch here?

#31 2022-09-05 00:01:09

Marshmallow Marshall

Also, I am not big into worldbuilding right now because there's little to work with, but if I had to give scummates to Elijah, it'd be among the inactives: it somewhat feels like he's distracting from their inactivity by calling Buzzerbee out for "being busy" (despite it being completely legitimate and despite Buzzer being honestly contributive). As for Pqwerty, I am debating whether or not he'd sheep Elijah THAT openly if he were scum with him. I think it's not impossible (especially knowing Elijah). And if you're going to say "b-but Pqwerty claimed anti-town town role!", that legit means nothing at all. Scum can do that, and may even have interest in doing so to 1) get towncred and 2) excuse their survival on the long run. Of course, it's not scummy in itself, but it's also not towny, and I feel like people are giving him a free pass for it.

#32 2022-09-05 00:05:38

Marshmallow Marshall

Nuclear Gandhi wrote:

I'll be so **** if you guys turn out to be wolves without me, ngl.

I seriously cannot fathom how you can think the first thing I do as scum with Elijah here is to fight him like hell when most others are inactive and scum have daytalk (see OP). It would just be tremendously easier to control the thread and to gloriously scumpaint people. Like... it would be very dumb of us lol.

Also, I think you sincerely believe what you're saying xD, it's the kind of thing you'd say normally. I think. Probably. If you're scum, we're probably all screwed anyway, at this point.

#33 2022-09-05 01:06:54

Marshmallow Marshall

Pqwerty wrote:
!unvote

I just thought I'd be like Gandhi and start randomly voting people to drum up activity.
I don't know why Gandhi voted BB after saying BB was one of his top townreads. I don't know why Gandhi voted the super inactive Bon Jovi.
Today has been really slow so far and I wanted something to happen.

But also you're a slot I'm really on the fence about. I reread your ISO and you've mostly been tunneling Elijah and asking for reads/opinions, but you haven't really given many yourself.
Also, whenever I think about it who the mafia pairs are, so far your name always shows up. Elijah blames you and BB. Gandhi blames you and Elijah. You OMGUS'd with Mini which made me wonder if you two were paired. You and Gandhi both tunneled Elijah and didn't give much of a reason for it. Like Lumi was asking you two a lot if you had a meta read on Elijah or any reason because it just seemed like you were relentlessly attacking Elijah for no good reason.

Can you help me read you by posting some opinions?

Tbh the people I really want to solve today are you, Gandhi, and Elijah.

My reads have not changed much since then, although I have some more doubts on you now:

Hidden text

I have not "not really given many [reads] myself", but rather have given them on people who actually said something. The game has really revolved around Gandhi, Buzzerbee, Elijah, myself, and to some extent, you; others are inactive potatoes for the most part, apart perhaps from 2b, whom I should try to get a read on.

When did I OMGUS with Mini lol? Also, Mini, who claims to be townhunting instead of scumhunting, is playing strangely. Townhunting is a perfectly legitimate strategy; however, the only townie he seems to have gotten is you for some reason, and he suspects basically everyone else(?).

As for Elijah, I had expected more reads from him, but I guess it is hard to get reads among a bunch of inactives. That being said, the OMGUS is real with him, and his only read that isn't OMGUS seems to be his scumread on Buzzerbee because he said he was busy, which... isn't scummy? Like, I do that all the time when I have a particularly busy time, I believe I even did it this game by saying I was multigaming.

I hope this is not too incoherent; I feel like my brain is off and like I have no consistent thoughts at the moment, so I'm going to stop playing this for a while and do something not too reading-intensive lol.

#34 2022-09-05 03:28:42

Marshmallow Marshall

ElijahBaley wrote:
Marshmallow Marshall wrote:
Nuclear Gandhi wrote:

MM what you got against ShadowEdge?

Nothing. I was only mentioning that BuzzerBee is far from being particularly inactive, since Elijah said he did not buy that he was busy (which naturally leads to the conclusion that he scumreads him for inactivity).

2b55b5g wrote:

nothing is happening, so i went back and backread some pages, and honestly i haven't got a single clue on how to scumread anyone due to my confusion on this day (and partly also because im overwhelmed, like im not new to mafia but i rarely play serious mafia games or setups where a majority of people are VTs) //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

so what im do instead is vote someone and see what happens

i dont feel comfortable voting BB cuz that vote from Gandhi is still really weird to me, and i do believe that BB is busy. i can vote Gandhi but i'd rather wait for an explanation for now since he seemed pretty towny to me on day 1.

however i'll vote Marshmallow for now, mainly because im a sheep (and also due to impulse because i want something to happen lol). several people have suspicion on him recently (Lumi, Elijah, Minimania), and while im still not entirely convinced since i really doubt a mafia would vote an anti-town role early in the game, i think the reasons for suspecting MM are fair. i also want to see his reaction to being voted, if theres any

!vote Marshmallow Marshall

ElijahBaley wrote:

GET BUZZER BEE AND THEN MARSHMALLOW MARSHALL.

is there a reason for getting them in this order btw?

The reasons to suspect me are fair? Okay then, answer this:

What are the reasons to suspect me? Because even I have a hard time seeing them xD. What makes you not just a massive sheep hopping on a mislynch here?

I did not scum read him for inactivity. I scum read him for saying he's busy. That is not the same thing. what I am saying here falls short of what I mean, if I was to be more precise, one of his posts gave me a feeling of fear and kinda just... laying low without being inactive? gives some quick reads, apologises saying he doesn't have time, leaves, promises to come back. tell me that doesn't sound scummy

Ehh, I do think it would be fair to let him defend himself now instead of shielding him myself. His activity disclaimer is the kind of thing I'd say as any alignment, though, so I'm not highly worried.

Pqwerty wrote:

Ok so I made a compiled list of average reads. +1 for town +0 for null -1 for mafia, divided by the number of reads on that person.

1. 2B (1)
2. Gandhi (.66)
3. BB (.66)
4. Pqwerty (.625)
5. ShadowsEdge (.57)
6. Grilyon (0.5)
7. Mini (0.17)
8. MM (0.11)
9. Big Bon Jovi (0)
10. Onjit (-0.4)
11. Elijah (-0.66)

reads
Pqwerty wrote:
!vote Elijah

Is this like... scientific sheeping of the thread lmao?

Minimania wrote:

1. Marshmallow Marshall
2. ElijahBailey
3. Onjit
4. Big Bon Jovi
5. Buzzerbee
6. ShadowsEdge
7. Nuclear Gandhi
8. 2B55B5G TNG
9. Pqwerty
10. Grilyon2

Here is my contribution to the list. I cannot necessarily justify each placement over every other. For example, I don't necessarily think that Onjit is literally more suspicious than Big Bon Jovi when I have them in their spots for the same reason. However, these are just my honest first instinct placements.

I fail to comprehend how one could think I am teamed with Elijah - and that seems to be what you are implying here. Can you explain that bit?

#35 2022-09-05 03:39:51

Marshmallow Marshall

Minimania wrote:

Nobody understands what I'm going for here.

My gameplan isn't to look and search for people who are Mafia. It's to look and search for people who are innocent. I said this multiple times yesterday, and I seriously don't appreciate being misrepresented.

I never once said I was going to post a readslist at eod yesterday. Where did I ever say that?

However, I did post some reads. Those reads being on Allen, Grilyon, and Pqwerty.

Why am I looking for innocent people?

1. I find it personally easier, mostly, for me to derive a list of suspects through process of elimination. If I compile a huge list of people I think are safe, then eventually it will be whittled down to just a couple of people. Ideally, those people are Mafia.

2. I'm far more statistically likely to be correct in an assumption that someone is town that an assumption that someone is Mafia. So I'm a lot more confident in making those reads. I will still push someone I think is Mafia if I'm reasonably confident, though.

I have new reads.

a. Pqwerty is lock-town to me. After their new post today and pondering on their words yesterday, I have come around and I think I trust them completely.

b. I do not entirely trust that Marshall is town. I told Lumi that we would talk today about everything I said yesterday at EoD (which I did above in this post).

Here, MM takes up Lumi's mantle, so to speak, on his own authority and demands that I provide my list of reads, particularly my scumreads. It's clear to me that he either does not understand my gameplan or hasn't even read any of the multiple posts I made outlining it at best, or is misrepresenting what I've said at worst and is looking to push me entirely because of it. Opportunistic.

c. I don't entirely trust that Elijah is town either. Something about the way they interacted with me yesterday pings me as off. They have me as 99% lock town, which seems like a bs made up figure. He is also hard-pressing MM at this current moment. This could be scum theater.

- Townhunting does not prevent one from scumhunting. Those are complementary, not mutually exclusive approaches.
- It is not opportunistic to ask you to provide the scumreads you were asked for by someone who got nightkilled. It is in fact the testimony of a sane mind lol.
- What is that "pondering" you speak of about Pqwerty's posts? You claim to have a thought process, but we don't see it. Perhaps it is very valid, genuine and obviously towny, perhaps it is fake. Hence, I would like to learn more about this (and I haven't seen the answer in your ISO, so unless I'm blind, it has remained rather unexplained).

Wooted by:

#36 2022-09-05 03:56:02

Marshmallow Marshall

Minimania wrote:
Pqwerty wrote:

Why is MM on the top of your list?

I prefer MM here for a couple of reasons.

a. In the off chance Elijah is bussing a teammate, it would be more likely he set up MM to go after Buzzerbee because if Buzz flipped town, it would make it look like maybe eliminating MM wouldnt be such a good idea after all.
b. Im a bit suspicious of MM already as it is, with how they misrepresented everything I said yesterday at EoD, and took it upon himself to speak on Lumi's behalf. Just does not seem town motivated, or it's just ignorance.

Hey, O wise one, I have not misrepresented what you have said on EoD1: as I said in my most recent post, townhunting and scumhunting go hand in hand. They're not mutually exclusive. Thus, I'd think about it a little before calling others ignorant //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue.
(and for the record, I have no issue with you personally, but you're acting like I'm either scum or purely and simply stupid, which is quite annoying)

Minimania wrote:

I fail to comprehend how one could think I am teamed with Elijah - and that seems to be what you are implying here. Can you explain that bit?

My theory on it is here. Basically, I would not be surprised if it was scum theater and he was just spewing you right now.

I know you said this. That's a statement of fact, though, not an explanation. Saying that Elijah "is hard pressing me", and that this "could be scum theater" does not explain why you think we are a scum team, it just states that you think we're a scum team in different words lol. You're acting like I'm ignoring deep words of wisdom that make all of your thoughts as clear as water, but there's really not much to work with. What specifically makes you think he's doing theater with me?

#37 2022-09-05 03:59:14

Marshmallow Marshall

Minimania wrote:

- Townhunting does not prevent one from scumhunting. Those are complementary, not mutually exclusive approaches.

I'd already explained my thoughts on this in the post you quoted. I stated that I will still push someone if I'm reasonably confident that they are Mafia, but that my main gameplan was to townhunt so that I can nail down suspects by process of elimination. Nowehere in that post did I say it was a mutually exclusive thing.

- It is not opportunistic to ask you to provide the scumreads you were asked for by someone who got nightkilled. It is in fact the testimony of a sane mind lol.

Well, tomorrow is now, old man

I shall carry Lumi's flame forward to victory and ask you to indeed give your reads - especially your scum ones. I read your ISO, and it's basically just you defending against Elijah without even really reaching a conclusion on him, afaik, apart from just calling him OMGUSsy.

I think I misinterpreted this post the first time I read it. When I first read it, I read it as opportunistic because I was under the impression you were saying that these were reads that I promised I would make. Now that I've read the post again, I rescind my comments made that this post was opportunistic.

- What is that "pondering" you speak of about Pqwerty's posts? You claim to have a thought process, but we don't see it. Perhaps it is very valid, genuine and obviously towny, perhaps it is fake. Hence, I would like to learn more about this (and I haven't seen the answer in your ISO, so unless I'm blind, it has remained rather unexplained).

I don't necessarily feel comfortable explaining my thoughts on Pqwerty's role. I will provide my thoughts if he deems it okay to do so

My point was not that you said it was mutually exclusive, but rather that you acted as if it were by basically refusing to give scumreads - but now it appears it was a misunderstading, so sorry for the aggressiveness lol

And... okay, Pqwerty, what is the secret matter about you that Mini is speaking of? o.O

Wooted by:

#38 2022-09-05 04:14:16

Marshmallow Marshall

Pqwerty wrote:

Ah Mini thinks they know my role. I think they said they might know what it is, but don’t want to share it. Maybe they misunderstood you asking for an explanation for their reads as you asking to explain what they think my role is?

I can find the post if you want, but I’m on mobile so I didn’t quote it here.

Oh, that would make sense. Well, if you do have time at some point, it would be interesting, including to know how you're perceiving Mini's play ^^

Minimania wrote:

I know you said this. That's a statement of fact, though, not an explanation. Saying that Elijah "is hard pressing me", and that this "could be scum theater" does not explain why you think we are a scum team, it just states that you think we're a scum team in different words lol. You're acting like I'm ignoring deep words of wisdom that make all of your thoughts as clear as water, but there's really not much to work with. What specifically makes you think he's doing theater with me?

I will need to reformulate my thoughts on you. I suppose if I were remaking my list, I would place you above ShadowsEdge, which isn't that much of a drop on my list but my thoughts have changed. I think our discussion today was fruitful, so thank you

Mhm, I think so too - and while I don't exactly townread you, I'd rather not have you lynched today, as I feel like you're sincerely trying to think and reevaluate, but am not very sure about it.

Also, I'm tired, so I'll go off now lol

Wooted by:

#39 2022-09-05 15:56:38

Marshmallow Marshall

ElijahBaley wrote:

Also, I am not big into worldbuilding right now because there's little to work with, but if I had to give scummates to Elijah, it'd be among the inactives: it somewhat feels like he's distracting from their inactivity by calling Buzzerbee out for "being busy" (despite it being completely legitimate and despite Buzzer being honestly contributive). As for Pqwerty, I am debating whether or not he'd sheep Elijah THAT openly if he were scum with him. I think it's not impossible (especially knowing Elijah). And if you're going to say "b-but Pqwerty claimed anti-town town role!", that legit means nothing at all. Scum can do that, and may even have interest in doing so to 1) get towncred and 2) excuse their survival on the long run. Of course, it's not scummy in itself, but it's also not towny, and I feel like people are giving him a free pass for it.

when have you ever done that as Mafia. I have literally never done anything like you suggest, and I have never witnessed anyone else doing it (except in the mod)

I actually think Marshmallow Marshall is scum. Literally none of their reads make sense. Normally he's the one defending me from a lynch, now he's pushing for mine. I think Marshmallow is 100% Mafia.

You know what? PLOT TWIST

I do not think Elijah is scum anymore: he actually believes in his defense and thinks he's being pushed for bad reasons. This reasoning holds quite a lot of meta water, considering that is indeed what usually has happened; he believes I would not genuinely push him for being the way he is with his reads or lack thereof because... see next part

ElijahBaley wrote:

I think I know why I am being voted, and will briefly explain myself:

1. I believe people are voting me for not having "any reads". To some degree this is true, but this unfortunate situation is not due to lack of trying, believe me. It's just that nearly every post this game looks wholly NAI, they're "logical" posts which could come from any alignment. I am used to people being more emotional in games, getting angry over getting scum read, insanely toxic TvT fights wherein both of the two townies are trying to kill each other, etc. None of this happened this game except for when I pushed Minimania. I've legit skimmed (I haven't read in depth, I may do that at some later point), pretty much through every post in the game and nearly all of them have a scummish-null vibe to them.

2. I am very defensive. Yes, I am very defensive especially towards MM and Gandhi, because as stated above, they are calling my play **** and saying I don't have intent to scum hunt, which is patently false. I absolutely do have intent and even attempted to scum hunt, you just don't see me flooding the thread with nonsense over my MANY attempts.

Please reply to this post, it is imperative that if you vote me 1) and you are town 2) (but even if you are Mafia, then you can get outed and lynched) that you reply so I can convince you of my towniness.

He reads emotions and "intent" under a very specific meaning, because that is how he learnt the game, basically (we started playing more or less at the same time, and were around very flamboyant players, such as Distorted for those who may know him). On the contrary, he seems to think (in general, not just in this game) that behavior in itself is 99 % NAI because "both sides can do X". I did not really pay attention to this early on, considering there was nothing to make me think of it (everyone was pretty tame) and considering I thought he could RVS and you know, play more or less normally and hop on people for slight behavioral tells, considering he did in the past iirc? But with Minimania being the only one giving a reaction that really had emotion "pierce through the posts", so to speak, he immediatly got a solid read on him (right or wrong, it's still a read with reasons that somewhat make sense, and it's definetly the kind of reasons Elijah would believe in as town).

No no, just that you didn't intend to scum hunt //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue we never called your play ****; besides, understand that without the new perspective given by your read on Minimania (see above paragraph), it's hard to see the intent to scumhunt when you 1) don't give scumreads that don't just look like pure OMGUS (which, for people such as @shadowsedge, is this) and 2) don't really question people, i.e. don't even appear to be trying to get reads. It took me the specific intent to reevaulate the case on you by including your recent replies in the equation to come to this conclusion; thus, I really don't think either myself or Gandhi are to blame lol.

!Vote Onjit

It is time to get some juice out of here. Funposting on D1 is fine, especially in the relaxed meta this site has, but we're far beyond that stage now. @onjit, we require your reads.

#40 2022-09-05 16:04:35

Marshmallow Marshall

ShadowsEdge wrote:

To answer your question Elijah, the reason I don't entirely scumread you, I just think you're the scummiest player in the game right now.

Your posts seem more defensive (a quality I associate more with mafia players) rather than inquisitive. Thats why I said it could be a playstyle thing, but even then, the way you interact with people who begin scumreading you makes me think its more likely that you're a mafia upset that they're getting caught.

Also, your reads on Mini and MM specifically strike me the wrong way, since the line of reasoning you take for scumreading MM is faulty at best, for one, people can change their playstyle (I tend to do so between games even as town) so basing an entire read on the fact that they aren't defending you rather than the actual content of their posts looks like you just want a reason to push MM out of the game, especially since you've explicitly stated that you've known MM for years, giving the impression that MM could read you fairly well.

The content from Mini's posts isn't that great, yet you seem so set that they're town just because they had a reaction, mafia can have reactions too, but Mini's posts have had very little in terms of pushing the game forward, except for the town plan, but even then I don't consider those for town points.

I agree with you about the quality of such reads, but that is how he plays, and this kind of play can be surprisingly effective on the long run, especially in small, closely knit communities. That being said, it's immensely crippling when culture clash comes in imo, since "soul reads" often require meta to be really effective.

See my post above for more details. Also, don't lynch him. And perhaps vote Onjit, too? That would be neat //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#41 2022-09-05 16:07:01

Marshmallow Marshall

ShadowsEdge wrote:

I didn't even check that for errors

Okay, tldr: Elijah is probably in fact town

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Onjit should post, but I don't think they're mafia

ooo, interesting take. What makes you townnread them (which I what I believe your post implies)? I know they have a trolly meta, but they also had some actual takes, iirc. Here, they're doing absolutely nothing that's remotely serious.

#42 2022-09-05 16:14:19

Marshmallow Marshall

Pqwerty wrote:

Tbh I think we need to look more into 2B/ShadowsEdge/Gandhi/BB since they got townread pretty quickly D1 and haven't done a lot today.

Agreed. I believe Gandhi is town, though: he put himself under a very bright spotlight at the beginning, and I trust him for it; plus, I have not seen any red flags, or even anything that could potentially look like malicious intent from him.

2B is not particularly towny and is flying under the radar. I would absolutely like to see more from her.

ShadowsEdge... hmm. He seems logical, but that's all; perhaps in the next few posts I will have a better grasp on him.

BuzzerBee is busy (what a fitting name). I do think his townread should eventually decay if he does nothing to maintain it, though.

Overall, I like this post. Besides, I went to check for the context of it after writing the above, and I like the reevaluation of Elijah and the fact you call it "basically a policy lynch", implying that wasn't conscious but that you just realized it; this makes sense and seems genuine in the circumstances, although I'm not sure what's going on in the heads of those who don't have meta to work with Elijah.

#43 2022-09-05 16:21:38

Marshmallow Marshall

ShadowsEdge wrote:
ShadowsEdge wrote:

To answer your question Elijah, the reason I don't entirely scumread you, I just think you're the scummiest player in the game right now.

Your posts seem more defensive (a quality I associate more with mafia players) rather than inquisitive. Thats why I said it could be a playstyle thing, but even then, the way you interact with people who begin scumreading you makes me think its more likely that you're a mafia upset that they're getting caught.

Also, your reads on Mini and MM specifically strike me the wrong way, since the line of reasoning you take for scumreading MM is faulty at best, for one, people can change their playstyle (I tend to do so between games even as town) so basing an entire read on the fact that they aren't defending you rather than the actual content of their posts looks like you just want a reason to push MM out of the game, especially since you've explicitly stated that you've known MM for years, giving the impression that MM could read you fairly well.

The content from Mini's posts isn't that great, yet you seem so set that they're town just because they had a reaction, mafia can have reactions too, but Mini's posts have had very little in terms of pushing the game forward, except for the town plan, but even then I don't consider those for town points.

I agree with you about the quality of such reads, but that is how he plays, and this kind of play can be surprisingly effective on the long run, especially in small, closely knit communities. That being said, it's immensely crippling when culture clash comes in imo, since "soul reads" often require meta to be really effective.

See my post above for more details. Also, don't lynch him. And perhaps vote Onjit, too? That would be neat //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Voting Onjit seems kind of pointless though, at best MAYBE Onjit is Mafia, but due to the reasons I mentioned in my reads post, I highly doubt that possibility. So more likely than not, it's just a policy lynch on a town, which lowers our numbers and gives us no information.

ShadowsEdge wrote:
ShadowsEdge wrote:

Onjit should post, but I don't think they're mafia

ooo, interesting take. What makes you townnread them (which I what I believe your post implies)? I know they have a trolly meta, but they also had some actual takes, iirc. Here, they're doing absolutely nothing that's remotely serious.

I mentioned before that it's mostly metagame-y, but Onjit tends to go inactive as Town, and active as Mafia, just because his activity is mostly based on his interest in the game. And if not solely for that, Onjit isn't a complete a-hole and wouldn't let his partner handle the game on their own. It could be a double-bluff but I don't think thats the case here.

Oh. So he only disrespects the game as Town? Makes sense... not the first time I see that, and it makes me think "but why even sign up, in this case?" lol. It checks out, though. That being said, I would still take this over a no-lynch because it's really a question mark that we ABSOLUTELY do not want to LYLO; and besides, I am not one to encourage that kind of non-play that goes against the spirit of the game. In this case, though, it's definetly better to look at someone else for the time being. The question is more like "who?".

ShadowsEdge wrote:
ShadowsEdge wrote:

I didn't even check that for errors

Okay, tldr: Elijah is probably in fact town

Also I meant to respond to this in the other post too, but when I made that post I was talking about my former post, not yours, your post was fine lmao

Oh ok XD
Do you think it's accurate, though?

#44 2022-09-05 16:25:21

Marshmallow Marshall

Pqwerty wrote:

Wait MM so are you thinking Shadow and Onjit are the big bads who have been plaguing this town?

Pqwerty wrote:

Onjit and 2b*

Woaaaah, what is this leap XD

Shadow: He's logical, he's nice. That's all I have to say for now. Not particularly suspicious.

Onjit: Apparently, that's how he normally plays as town? Speaking of that metaread, if Onjit is town, Shadows probably is as well, because there is no reason for scum!Shadow to refuse a lynch on town!Onjit.

2b: ? ? ? ? ? ? I do not know. I also am not sure why people townread her. I wouldn't go as far as saying she is the evil plaguing this town just yet, though; that seems a little far =P

#45 2022-09-07 20:45:00

Marshmallow Marshall

Oh my, I had written a post but the forum decided I was no longer logged in, and there's no autosave feature here. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad rewriting...

...but why Elijah? He wasn't widely townread (far from it, he almost got lynched lol) and didn't claim anything. I suspect the Mafia may have a rolecop-esque role (that or they really hated Elijah for some reason lol).

Minimania wrote:
Hidden text

Knowing that ShadowsEdge flipped as a Traitor Watcher, I think it's kind of important that we pay attention to what information Shadow is comfortable with pushing here. Obviously he wasn't a Town Informer, but it's likely he felt comfortable claiming it because he had a role that could pretty much do the same thing, and he could lie about the details as he wants. He says that he checked MM and found that someone had visited him. It could've been any player in the game, and yet I get the feeling that it might've been Elijah.

The biggest problem with my theory is that, when pushing Buzzer and MM, Elijah decided to push Buzzerbee's slot first. Why go on and tell people to vote Buzz first, and then MM if it was a more certain thing for MM to be Mafia? It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

However, Elijah never relented on his scumread of MM, not even once. So I admit, I'm really suspicious of MM right now. I realize that it's probably pretty risky trying to read too far into Shadow's post, but it sounds plausible that someone visited MM Night 1, and I think it might help disambiguate who Elijah checked if someone that visited MM Night 1 could step forward.

For the record, I did get visited on N1: I received a fruit. It's a specific one, and I will not say which one it is so that the fruit vendor may confirm himself when the time comes. As for Elijah ever visiting me, it's very dubious (even from y'all's point of view if you assume I am scum), since he would have known my alignment and thus would not have changed his mind after I started townreading him if he had had a red check (see his vote changing to 2b). Similarly, if he had checked Buzzerbee as scum, he would not have given up on him and would at the very least have went back on him once he wanted to unvote me at EoD.

His only real townread was Minimania, and he made that very clear; to me, this is clear evidence that he town-checked Mini and that Mini is thus confirmed town here.

Wooted by:

#46 2022-09-07 20:51:38

Marshmallow Marshall

Minimania wrote:
Gikkle wrote:

Also, if he did get a red check on MM, I'm fairly certain Elijah would have pushed it way harder.

This is the elephant in the room

Actually, therein lies a huge question

What if Elijah did check MM but got a green result?

If he had had a green check on me, he wouldn't have counter-pushed me like he did; that would be nonsensical, especially knowing him. There is pretty much no way in Heaven, Hell and everything inbetween that he checked me at all; you're quite obviously the check lol.

Pqwerty wrote:

I'm struggling to see anyone else as mafia besides MM and Gandhi. Their D2 play was super underwhelming. 2B and BB seem like they're actively trying to solve the game. Grilyon is new but helpful. Gikkle is leading the town. I'm mindmelding with Mini in terms of strategy. Not to mention that Gandhi and MM were high on Shadow's townreads despite Shadow having horrible reasoning for all their reads, or that Shadow tried to clear MM. Like it just seems like all the fingers point their way since everyone else feels town to me.

Some reads from everyone would be helpful cuz I really need second opinons on this.

Gandhi did get underwhelming during D2, but I have no clue how you reached the conclusion that I was. I managed to solve Elijah's slot through a lot of effort (now you're gonna say it's not amazing since he died, but before he died, it was very important, and it really didn't look like he'd get killed at all).

I'd like to hear what exactly makes you think 2B is solving. I have a hard time seeing it, and overall a hard time reading her.

Oh also, I saw somewhere that you claimed Miller. I knew that was what you meant on D1 //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile I'm kinda inclined to believe it, considering the D1 statements you made about being anti-town towny, even though it's far from unfakable.

#47 2022-09-07 20:53:09

Marshmallow Marshall

Oliwaz144 wrote:

My first read: MM is scum.
Im sad Gikkle dropped the Mason claim. Either he thinks im stupid or hes scum

*resists the urge to OMGUS the heck out of you*

Do you have any reasons for either of those reads? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#48 2022-09-07 21:08:17

Marshmallow Marshall

Gikkle wrote:

MM who are your top two town and scum rn?

Top town: Minimania and...
Now this one is hard, because earlier I'd have said Gandhi, but his townread has decayed in quasi-oblivion at this point. Pqwerty gets townpoints from me for his miller claim and for looking genuine earlier (despite our disagreements), so I think I'd put him there. The other contender would be Buzzerbee, but my townread on him may be a little outdated, and I'd need to re-ISO him.

It's honestly hard to get scumreads here ;-; noone is being super actively scummy, most people are being inactively null or just "logical but that's all" (thinking specifically of 2b here, and also applied to Shadows before he got lynched), which isn't scummy per se, just definetly not towny. I am pretty sure there is at least one scum among the least active people, though.

#49 2022-09-07 21:58:13

Marshmallow Marshall

Long 2b D1 post:

Hidden text

Lots of detailed analysis in this D1 post, actually quite impressive; it doesn't feel like fluff, is specific, is not just information without reads, and feels hard to replicate as scum. The rest of 2b's posts doesn't come close to this, but it's enough to at least give her a healthy benefit of the doubt, tbh.

#50 2022-09-07 22:03:19

Marshmallow Marshall

Here's a spicy spicy post that should spice things up

!vote Nuclear Gandhi

Get in there and post, scum //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue you disappeared entirely yesterday

Minimania1682495995797736

Board footer