Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-08-29 15:50:57, last edited by Norwee (2022-09-15 23:04:05)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

Setup information

- 13 player slots
- There will be only 2 factions, the town and the mafia
- Mafia has daytalk.
- Closed setup, meaning most of the roles possible to find in the setup is a strict secret. However this will be an balanced setup with not too many power roles! (Hint: More than 2, less than 13)
- The mafia is confirmed to have an Traitor. The traitor is an member of the mafia that knows their teammates but can not communicate with their faction through other channels. And can not perform the factional kill unless they are the sole member remaining. The other mafia is not informed of this players identity in their role.
- Multi-tasking is in effect for any roles with multiple powers.
- Sample VT role pm:

Hidden text
Game information

- 72 hour day deadline. 24 hour night. Majority vote to eliminate an player ends the day. Deadline ending without an majority vote results in no elimination made.
- To vote for an player type "!Vote Username"
Preferably with bold text. like so: !Vote Norwee
Unvoting: "!Unvote"
Additionally you may vote for no elimination by doing so: "!No Elimination" or "!No Lynch" or "!Sleep"

SURVIVOR: Minimania Mafia Goon
SURVIVOR: BuzzerBee Mafia Role Cop

ELIMINATED D1: AllenCaspe9510 Vanilla Townie
KILLED N1: Lumi Vanilla Townie

ELIMINATED D2: ShadowsEdge Traitor Watcher
KILLED N2: ElijahBaley Town Cop

ELIMINATED D3: Marshmallow Marshall Vanilla Townie
KILLED N3: Grilyon2 Vanilla Townie

ELIMINATED D4: 2b55b5g Town Neighbour
KILLED N4: Big Bon Jovi/Oliwaz144 Vanilla Townie

ELIMINATED D5: Nuclear Gandhi Vanilla Townie
ENDGAMED: Pqwerty Miller Vengeful Neighbour
ENDGAMED: Onjit/Gikkle Ascetic Fruit Vendor

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#2 2022-08-31 04:39:18

ShadowsEdge

Re: Mafia 52 Game Thread (GAME OVER)

Pineapple on pizza is no longer a hot debate topic, we already know that strawberries on pizza is the superior opinion.

We need something new, something fresh, something controversial!

Thus I present to you all the debate of the season: Folded or Flat Potato Chips.

This is probably a debate somewhere but I thought about it like last week and I just thought it would be fun to ask people about it. Anyway I prefer folded chips and I am prepared to obliterate anyone who says flat.

Don't ask me what I'm doing, I don't even know what I'm doing.

~BeepnBoop

Forums_Signature-1.png_3.png

#3 2022-08-31 05:05:54

ShadowsEdge

Pretty much yeah

~BeepnBoop

#4 2022-08-31 07:18:15

ShadowsEdge

Grilyon2 wrote:

I have some questions about this town because im new in mafia game
1. How big is the town?
2. Do townies have body or they are just floating faces like smileys?
3. How does the town sustains economically?
4. The town is renowned for its food? I've seen you guys talking about extravagant food
5. Do the town have any tourist place?

The answer to all of these questions is 4.

~BeepnBoop

#5 2022-08-31 16:26:48

ShadowsEdge

Marshmallow Marshall wrote:

1: people are not always going for optimal plays

It's still better to assume that they're playing optimally, it just lowers the pool of possibilities of what might be happening.

Also i'll just say now that the only read I have is on Ghandi, being that they're placing so much attention on themself that they're probably town.

~BeepnBoop

#6 2022-08-31 16:43:23

ShadowsEdge

BuzzerBee wrote:

i guess i will ask if voting on day 1 is normal or helpful?

i haven’t played mafia in probably a year or two but voting on day 1 with no information seems like you have a better chance of random lynching someone from town than actually getting the mafia. is d1 not just for introductions and getting reads?

serious question lol correct me if i’m wrong

Depends how its done, but generally lynching can help to get reads on people.

When people are voted, people will automatically have a reaction to it, some might say "This is a bad lynch, we shouldn't do it" or some might say "This is a great lynch, we should do it" or something in between, which puts their standing in more context when the person flips.

With only 2 mafia who know each other, Mafia are probably going to be less inclined to vote their own mafia, whereas they'll be more inclined to vote on a non-mafia, things like that that can help to get information before the game even begins.

On a further note, with a closed setup we don't even know if an investigative role exists, meaning we have to rely on the information we can conjure through day chat to form reads.

~BeepnBoop

Wooted by:

#7 2022-09-01 02:49:28

ShadowsEdge

I had sort of a similar thought, but Pqwerty seems adamant that whatever their role is it'll definitively harm the town at some point or another, meaning we will likely be able to see the effects of that at some point.

If there was any case to be made it would be to say that Pqwerty is claiming their own mafia role but saying it's an anti-town role, but in any regard, a claim like that could be pretty detrimental, especially depending on the content of the role.

Also Grilyon's passiveness is off-putting but that might just be the way they play.

~BeepnBoop

#8 2022-09-02 02:49:31

ShadowsEdge

I'll clarify very quickly, beep boop is me, that's what my discord name is, so it's what some people here primarily know me as so for any further notice if someone refers to beep or beep boop that's referring to me (it's also in my signature, I put that in a few games ago since I figured at some point something like this would happen)

I'll post more when I get home since as of right now I've only skimmed the thread to get an idea of what happened.

As for now though, the reads thus far feel odd, they tread this line of providing enough information while also doing nothing to move the game forward. Basically all the reads thus far have felt like just a way to seem more towny.

~BeepnBoop

Wooted by: (2)

#9 2022-09-02 03:34:38

ShadowsEdge

Not hiding, just rereading the thread as I mentioned before, I only briefly read it (or at least I think I mentioned that in my last post)

~BeepnBoop

#10 2022-09-02 03:57:28

ShadowsEdge

Lumi wrote:

ShadowsEdge reacted to my post but isn't posting.

Come out and post, stop hiding

Also for clarification on this, my last post was primarily due to me being townread, which put most of the reads in a new light, in that they all really only showed townreads (except Buzzer and very slightly Allen), twob I'm inclined to believe that she just doesn't have reads, but it could go either way. Because of the townreads, I feel like one of the 3 people posting reads (if not both, but I doubt both mafia would use the same method) were posting town reads just to pocket people. As of rn, my lean on that person is Allen

Also just about Onjit, his inactivity is weird, but his posts seem on par with past events, since he seems to joke past the **** phase regularly.

About Grilyon, they're pretty alright, but its mostly from a perspective of "hey im new" without that context their posts seem prettty scummy, and I'm hesitant to call that a townread as it could just be a ploy, but I don't know Grilyon well enough to know if thats the case.

Everyone else is pretty null, still townreading gandhi, pqwerty, and marshmallow, scumreading allen primarily.

~BeepnBoop

#11 2022-09-02 04:11:34

ShadowsEdge

!vote Allen

Was originally going to wait for Allen to make a response post, but I realized I probably wont even be awake when day ends.

~BeepnBoop

#12 2022-09-02 04:14:19

ShadowsEdge

Pqwerty wrote:
Lumi wrote:
Pqwerty wrote:

Hey Lumi, why are you claiming vt?

So I don't get night killed, lmao

Yeah but like, no one prompted you to claim and no one is voting for you. If you’re actually a VT you made it easier for the mafia to hunt for PRs and if you’re a VT it’s way better that you get nightkilled than a PR, unless in like the next 12 hours you become the town leader.

This just pings me as weird.

It is a little weird, but their posts have been pretty i forget the word for it like thought-provoking. Basically like Lumi seems to actually want to get information out of people so I doubt doubt their VT claim

~BeepnBoop

#13 2022-09-02 04:17:56

ShadowsEdge

ShadowsEdge wrote:
Pqwerty wrote:
Lumi wrote:
Pqwerty wrote:

Hey Lumi, why are you claiming vt?

So I don't get night killed, lmao

Yeah but like, no one prompted you to claim and no one is voting for you. If you’re actually a VT you made it easier for the mafia to hunt for PRs and if you’re a VT it’s way better that you get nightkilled than a PR, unless in like the next 12 hours you become the town leader.

This just pings me as weird.

It is a little weird, but their posts have been pretty i forget the word for it like thought-provoking. Basically like Lumi seems to actually want to get information out of people so I doubt doubt their VT claim

Didn't even reread this until now, meant don't doubt*

~BeepnBoop

#14 2022-09-02 04:20:24

ShadowsEdge

Pqwerty wrote:

I think Allen gave a bunch of mediocre reads and then went back to lurking. Historically, he’s an easy D1 mischop. I don’t see Allen as the criminal mastermind yet

Who do you think would be a good D1 candidate then?

~BeepnBoop

#15 2022-09-02 04:40:48

ShadowsEdge

Yeah looking at Mini's iso there's not a lot there, the most notable thing was the counteraccusation on Pqwerty

~BeepnBoop

#16 2022-09-02 04:55:59

ShadowsEdge

2b55b5g wrote:

some people voted Elijah as well, so i don’t really see why we’re going with Allen

I voted for Allen since I suspect one of the people who posted reads (you, buzzer, and allen) is mafia,

I'm fine with voting either of Elijah or Mini, but Mini might be a better option just because as far as Im aware they're not as involved as Elijah is. But the main point being that we should lynch someone today, we just need a consensus on who that's going to be.

~BeepnBoop

Wooted by:

#17 2022-09-02 05:17:35

ShadowsEdge

!vote Minimania

Should be able to come on in the morning if anything changes, but depends if I have time.

~BeepnBoop

#18 2022-09-05 02:30:08

ShadowsEdge

Just a quick notice to everyone, I'll be reading the thread rn but I havent been able to see what's been going on since I was on vacation and my phone got waterlogged so I wasn't able to access this for the past day and a half

Gimme a moment to backread on stuff and I'll provide my thoughts

~BeepnBoop

#19 2022-09-05 04:17:49

ShadowsEdge

Alright I'm cool with this plan, if not just for getting a collective idea of the elim, it also forces people to think more about their reads in a more coherent manner (since I'm still very confused about some of the reads right now)

Also just for ease of use, I'm spoilering reasons, just so that my order can be seen clearly.

Onjit
Pqwerty
Marshmallow Marshall
Nuclear Gandhi
Grilyon02
2B55B5G_TNG
Big Bon Jovi
Buzzerbee
Minimania
ElijahBaley

Sorry for the wait, I decided to go into everyone's iso to get a better grasp of my reads

~BeepnBoop

#20 2022-09-05 04:24:18

ShadowsEdge

Also, i'd prefer to vote one of the bottom 4 of my list (but maybe not Bon Jovi or BB since Im not entirely sure of them)

!vote Elijah

~BeepnBoop

#21 2022-09-05 15:54:14

ShadowsEdge

To answer your question Elijah, the reason I don't entirely scumread you, I just think you're the scummiest player in the game right now.

Your posts seem more defensive (a quality I associate more with mafia players) rather than inquisitive. Thats why I said it could be a playstyle thing, but even then, the way you interact with people who begin scumreading you makes me think its more likely that you're a mafia upset that they're getting caught.

Also, your reads on Mini and MM specifically strike me the wrong way, since the line of reasoning you take for scumreading MM is faulty at best, for one, people can change their playstyle (I tend to do so between games even as town) so basing an entire read on the fact that they aren't defending you rather than the actual content of their posts looks like you just want a reason to push MM out of the game, especially since you've explicitly stated that you've known MM for years, giving the impression that MM could read you fairly well.

The content from Mini's posts isn't that great, yet you seem so set that they're town just because they had a reaction, mafia can have reactions too, but Mini's posts have had very little in terms of pushing the game forward, except for the town plan, but even then I don't consider those for town points.

~BeepnBoop

#22 2022-09-05 15:56:54

ShadowsEdge

I didn't even check that for errors

~BeepnBoop

#23 2022-09-05 15:58:10

ShadowsEdge

Onjit should post, but I don't think they're mafia

~BeepnBoop

#24 2022-09-05 16:07:20

ShadowsEdge

ShadowsEdge wrote:

To answer your question Elijah, the reason I don't entirely scumread you, I just think you're the scummiest player in the game right now.

Your posts seem more defensive (a quality I associate more with mafia players) rather than inquisitive. Thats why I said it could be a playstyle thing, but even then, the way you interact with people who begin scumreading you makes me think its more likely that you're a mafia upset that they're getting caught.

Also, your reads on Mini and MM specifically strike me the wrong way, since the line of reasoning you take for scumreading MM is faulty at best, for one, people can change their playstyle (I tend to do so between games even as town) so basing an entire read on the fact that they aren't defending you rather than the actual content of their posts looks like you just want a reason to push MM out of the game, especially since you've explicitly stated that you've known MM for years, giving the impression that MM could read you fairly well.

The content from Mini's posts isn't that great, yet you seem so set that they're town just because they had a reaction, mafia can have reactions too, but Mini's posts have had very little in terms of pushing the game forward, except for the town plan, but even then I don't consider those for town points.

I agree with you about the quality of such reads, but that is how he plays, and this kind of play can be surprisingly effective on the long run, especially in small, closely knit communities. That being said, it's immensely crippling when culture clash comes in imo, since "soul reads" often require meta to be really effective.

See my post above for more details. Also, don't lynch him. And perhaps vote Onjit, too? That would be neat //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Voting Onjit seems kind of pointless though, at best MAYBE Onjit is Mafia, but due to the reasons I mentioned in my reads post, I highly doubt that possibility. So more likely than not, it's just a policy lynch on a town, which lowers our numbers and gives us no information.

~BeepnBoop

#25 2022-09-05 16:08:58

ShadowsEdge

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Onjit should post, but I don't think they're mafia

ooo, interesting take. What makes you townnread them (which I what I believe your post implies)? I know they have a trolly meta, but they also had some actual takes, iirc. Here, they're doing absolutely nothing that's remotely serious.

I mentioned before that it's mostly metagame-y, but Onjit tends to go inactive as Town, and active as Mafia, just because his activity is mostly based on his interest in the game. And if not solely for that, Onjit isn't a complete a-hole and wouldn't let his partner handle the game on their own. It could be a double-bluff but I don't think thats the case here.

~BeepnBoop

Minimania1682495995797736

Board footer