Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2020-01-26 21:38:41

Processor

Re: Mafia 40 - Russian Roulette Mafia Victory!

Processor wrote:
2B55B5G TNG wrote:

idk but for me, proc is just simply using bs reasons to get rid of task.

why would I want to get rid of task for any reason other than thinking that task is scum?

Since this game has no PRs and no threat to mafia except for lynches, the ideal play for scum is to join whatever wagon is currently being built up.
That's pretty much exactly what Task and ele have been doing.

I know that by going around and calling these people out for their actions I am making enemies for myself, but without heated debate and pressure on people town will not win this game. I hope you can see that. If it takes my flip for you to actually take my posts seriously, so be it

mrjawapa wrote:

Misdirection

No, I'm directly replying to his statement.

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

Not very.

But he has been trying to solve the game in D2.

Since I posted my read list, he has been more active, that's what putting pressure on people does, and it's a good thing. It helps us solve the game.
Ele and Task have also given us plenty of more content to work on.

Also I called jawapa "sus" and that does not directly mean that I think he is 100% scum.

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

Wooted by:

#27 2020-01-26 22:30:49

Processor

I've been very overwhelmed by the mob of 7-8 people coming at me as well.

I didn't initially explain why I thought some people were scummy (I almost always do this btw) and I understand that this has angered many of you.
This is all fair criticism and I'll try to better. That said, the criticism still fails to establish why I am likely to be scum and not a lazy townie. (What does scum gain in this setup to not explain their reasoning? I have been able to explain all my reads when prompted)

I know that TaskManager is old news and we talked about him all D1, but there's no reason to clear him of the suspicions we had on him D1.

As it stands right now, only TaskManager and I have a realistic chance to be lynched. So I ask everyone who hasn't voted to limit their vote between us two, as fragmenting the vote further won't help.

We don't have enough time to bring 6/7 of the remaining town to vote on a 3rd person.

I know this is unideal but it is what it is. Thankfully, the drama around my lynch has produced a lot of leads to work on after today. We will have a lot to process (no pun intended) next day.

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

Wooted by: (3)

#28 2020-01-26 23:20:39

Processor

uwu

Wooted by: (2)

#29 2020-01-27 00:06:00

Processor

mrjawapa wrote:

He's had plenty of chances to give an explanation to his actions, and he's put no effort into it. Instead, he gives a vague reply

You asked me to explain my reads. I wrote 4 clearly structured posts.

THEN you voted on me.

What do you mean I put no effort into it?
What do you mean my reads are vague?
What the hell?

#30 2020-01-27 00:26:36

Processor

Kira, allow me to minimod because you are slow <3

Votes:

[2] Taskmanager - Processor, MutantDevle
[5] Processor - Eleizibeth, Peace, mrjawapa, Buzzerbee, TaskManager (L-1)

Majority is 6.
Not voting: ShadowsEdge, Crybaby, 2B55B5G TNG, Different55, Onjit

#31 2020-01-27 00:29:22

Processor

*: Majority is 7, but I am still L-1 because in case of a tie, both players will be lynched.

#32 2020-01-27 00:36:22

Processor

I am L-1. It takes 1 more vote for me to be lynched.

#33 2020-01-27 00:41:35

Processor

TaskManager wrote:
Crybaby wrote:

I would suggest lynching them both

I'm all for that tbh

You're literally denying discussion time for town
Why in such a hurry?

#34 2020-01-27 00:42:53

Processor

No matter if Task or I reach 6 votes, please refrain from voting the other person, as doing so would cause us to lose a full day's worth of discussion time

#35 2020-01-27 01:02:52

Processor

eleizibeth wrote:

im actually all for a double lynch, i've been kinda wishing that both norboy and task were lynched D1 so proc can't spew this task x ele scum team ****

norboy was town tho

a double lynch makes us lose a day of time to scumhunt
please don't

#36 2020-01-27 03:25:24

Processor

I have no affiliation with Mutant.

That being said, I see a falacy in your way of thinking:
Please read them and evaluate all arguments based on their own merits, not based on who its coming from.
This applies to everything everyone says.
Why should my defence on myself be more "valid" than Mutant's defense on me? (Hint: it shouldn't be)

I have defended my own case in multiple posts, so you should be able to derive my defense from them alone.

---

Preferably, we lynch TaskManager because we actually have a case on why their behavior is scum motivated.
Whereas on me, you just have "processor refused to answer a question" (which I answered by now).
TaskManager's flip also reveals more information than my flip would.

---

Whoever you choose to lynch between TaskManager and I, you should only lynch that one person.
Then discuss 5 more days and pick another lynch target.
More time to talk doesn't hurt. Less time to talk only benefits mafia.
I hope that makes sense.

#37 2020-01-27 03:48:30

Processor

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Im basing the defense on the source because it matters where the source comes from. If you were a journalist, would you want your source to be an official, victim, someone involved in the actual events, or just someone who heard about the event? Mutant doesn't know how you think, he can only assume how you think. By him creating a defense for you, it eliminates the need for you to create your own defense, and for us to judge your defense on your OWN merits. Instead we have to filter it through Mutant, since Mutant chose to be your knight in shining armor, instead of letting you defend yourself.

I already said that I have defended myself in my own posts, so if you want to, base your reads on my posts instead of mutants???

Whats your problem? what are you getting at?

#38 2020-01-27 03:49:56

Processor

ShadowsEdge wrote:

The fact of the matter is that we're not trying to create a defense for you. Your defense is "Well I've said my piece, just make a reason for yourself to believe why I'm innocent, and that's about right." When we ask you a question, we want you to answer it. Me specifically, I don't want a cryptic answer saying "Well just piece it together from my previous defenses!"

I already did, have I not? Are there any open questions? What information is missing here?

#39 2020-01-27 03:50:27

Processor

ShadowsEdge wrote:

The last point does make sense, but it mostly seems like you're trying to save your own skin. But I'm not going to be a broken record and repeat those points.

What the ****

No I said it because you, ele, Crybaby, TaskManager do (did) not understand why a double lynch is bad for town

It feels like nobody is listening to what I'm saying simplying because "its from processor and processor has 5 votes on him" and its really really frustrating
I cannot have make a logical point without being accused of wanting to "saving my own skin"

like what the **** no I dont give a **** I just want you guys to stop acting like idiots thanks

/rant

#40 2020-01-27 03:52:12

Processor

Lynching Task reveals info on ele as well, which you would know if you read my post.

Unless you disagree? Then let's have a discussion about it.

#41 2020-01-27 03:58:11

Processor

Let me give you a personalized defence, I need some clarification first tho.

ShadowsEdge wrote:

I would also like to note, I don't suspect you because you refused to answer a question, I suspect you because of your fence sitting, obligation to deter the lynch away from yourself, and onto multiple players, as well as what I originally mentioned in the previous post.

1: "fence sitting" [citation needed]
2: obligation to deter the lynch away from yourself, and onto multiple players [citation needed]
3: "as well as what I originally mentioned in the previous post" [what specifically?]

#42 2020-01-27 04:05:58

Processor

Generally, analyzing links between players are far more valuable than analyzing their behavior.
So ele would be considered neutral by me if Task flips town.

#43 2020-01-27 04:08:35

Processor

ShadowsEdge wrote:

The point isn't that it came from you. My whole point is that you support a single lynch, while Taskmanager is fine with a Double Lynch. Neither proves either as scum, but Taskmanager is fine with being lynched, while you have openly stated that you want a single lynch, and have made it abundantly clear you want that lynch to be Taskmanager rather than yourself. To add onto this, you say that it's bad for town to have a double lynch, despite believing Taskmanager is scum. Ergo, what's the harm in performing the double lynch if it ultimately provides no effect to the game?

It's better to lynch me, or task, then wait 5 days and lynch the other person. Discussion time is, next to the death flips, the most valuable resource town has this game. It's literally the only method we have for scum hunting, so don't deny it to us
It's not a null effect to have less time to discuss

#44 2020-01-27 04:11:32

Processor

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Why are you fence-sitting? Why are you reluctant to restate your defense?

Ask me something generic or exagerated and I'll ask you to be more specific.
I was not trying to fence sit, I was asking you to be more specific.
Instead of doing so and engaging with me in a discussion, you are accusing me of fence sitting.
I cannot understand your concerns about a broad subject with a single question and I cannot properly answer it without you giving me more input.
So give me more input and I'll reply with content.

#45 2020-01-27 04:12:13

Processor

Different55 wrote:

also where's this 5 days figure come from?

From the last mafia game I think, where days were 5 days long.

Correction: 72 hours

#46 2020-01-27 04:15:05

Processor

Today in mafia:

TFW all mafia players start demanding answers to questions that take a minute to ask but take half an hour for me to answer and are shocked when I cannot keep up.

#47 2020-01-27 04:17:20

Processor

ShadowsEdge: I refuse to spend half an hour to answer the generic and broad question that you took 1 minute to type and you did not even include any references

If that's scummy to you, feel free to vote on me

#48 2020-01-27 04:27:08

Processor

1. That is a misunderstanding. I am 100% commited on my TaskManager read.

A double lynch is worse than lynching either one of us, because it denys town discussion time.

To be explicit:
I still would rather have you only lynch me than double lynch me and task if given the choice.
You can always democratically lynch Task tomorrow if you still feel like it

2. OH MY GOD YOURE BEING REALLY UNFAIR HERE
I WAS LITERALLY ASKED TO EXPLAIN MY SUS READ ON TASK, ELE AND JAWAPA AND I DID.
NOW YOU ARE SAYING IM DETERRING THE LYNCH AWAY FROM MYSELF?

Ahem.
This point is invalid because those posts were all in response to muliple people asking me to explain my reads.
I did not want to deter attention away from myself, you could say I was "forced" to make those posts explaining my reads on those people in details (although I am proud of them and glad I did it)
I called Task, ele and jawapa suspicious BEFORE anyone putting pressure on me. I have been following a task lynch since D1 and ele and jawapa sus reads since early D2. Long before anyone started a lynch proc wagon. I have created a lot of enemies with those scum reads and have effectively caused all those people to vote on me.

3. See point 1. A double lynch is 100% worse than lynching either one of us, because it denys town discussion time.

----

See? It's easy for me to defend myself when I know what you're talking about.

Wooted by: (2)

#49 2020-01-27 04:58:08

Processor

This game has no night phase.

If you lynch Processor/TaskManager tonight.
We're gonna be 11 players tomorrow.
Then you can lynch TaskManager/Processor tomorrow.
Then you're gonna be 10 players in 2 days.

OR

You double lynch Processor and Task today.
You're gonna be 10 players tomorrow.
You are in the same place, but you have 1 fewer day of discussion, and one fewer chance of reacting to the flip results.

If we lynch task and task flips scum, I am 50% less likely to be scum than the average player (I am not part of his mafia team at least).
Similarly, from your point of view:
If you lynch me and I flip scum, Task is 50% less likely to be scum than the average player (he is not part of my mafia team at least).

I still recommend you go for TaskManager because we actually have reasons to suspect him. Ele's interaction with him does not help his case either.

Mutant's affiliation with me is one-sided, and it can still be a town mutant -> town/scum proc relationship
-> if I were to flip scum, you could not conclude that he is scum as well.
I have a very strong town read on mutant myself. No scum would bother defending a townie like that, especially since they could end up being from the other scum team.

---

ShadowsEdge:
I just defended 100% of the reason you think I'm scum. Are you still going to vote for me? Why?
It's now your turn to defend your scum read on me.

Wooted by: (4)

#50 2020-01-27 05:27:05

Processor

I don't lose the game by being lynched, so I am not that offended if we lynch me.

At the current state of the game, lynching task and only task is the best strategic decision town can make. You don't want to end up in a LyLo because you lynched processor too early. Maybe by the time you lynch me even more players have had positive and negative stances toward me so that  my lynch is more informational.

Finding scum is an asymmetric problem. It takes 1 mistake by scum to be found. Scum have to be careful 24/7 and watch what they say. So the more time we give to the players to talk, the more content we will have to analyze, the more likely it is that patterns emerge and the better our chances of finding scum.

Wooted by:

rat

ShadowsEdge1581286360774156

Board footer