Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-21 03:20:30, last edited by Onjit (2019-09-28 14:03:24)

Onjit
Website

Mafia 31 [Mafia Win]

Game is over, mafia win by technicality
Hidden text

:.|:;

#2 2019-09-21 09:40:52

Minimania
Moderation Team

Re: Mafia 31 [Mafia Win]

I signed up not realizing how soon it would start. I'll need some time to read through the rules and roles before I make any judgments

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#3 2019-09-21 09:46:59

Minimania
Moderation Team

so, two things
1. Vanilla is the best classic flavor of ice cream
2. what good is finding someone's universe? if I'm gathering it right, people can vote to lynch for anyone from either universe, so it isnt like you have to make sure to vote for the people in your own universe

21cZxBv.png

#4 2019-09-21 10:03:21

Minimania
Moderation Team

Wow, that sucks, honestly. You might has well have made them vanilla townies

Anyways, given that the highest voted from both universes gets lynched, then that means the Mafia can figure out someone's universe if there's a tie t in votes but one of them dies anyway. That sounds kind of lame.
So I would say don't try to make ties in votes, but at the same time, that could also potentially save someone... but then again, the Mafia could do that?

So I guess, what I'm saying is, if you try to make ties in the votes, then that's a pretty scummy thing to do.  Idk, I dont know what else to say at the moment

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by: (2)

#5 2019-09-21 10:34:46

Minimania
Moderation Team

ShadowsEdge wrote:

I'm pretty sure you're referring to the Universe townies here. The different Universe plays a giant role in the gameplay, and is pretty much one of the greatest factors for us.

If Mafia try to kill someone that isn't in their universe, they'd essentially lose a kill for that night, and we'd lose one less person in doing so.

I dont know if you're trying to play me for a fool but I'm pretty sure there's nothing for any town member to gain from knowing someone else's universe, unless Town cops can only frisk people in their universe too, in which case this game would be horribly unbalanced. Though, presuming that isnt the case, and it probably isn't, then this is pretty much a useless role

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by:

#6 2019-09-21 10:53:44

Minimania
Moderation Team

...okay, so what you're essentially saying is, nobody should give away their universe... okay so how does this have anything to do with that role in particular, again?

21cZxBv.png

#7 2019-09-22 17:55:53

Minimania
Moderation Team

Anatoly wrote:

True. But at the same time we don't want to kill the drifter, nor does the mafia. His role is comparable to the Survivor role, just he wins just by game end. So in my opinion it's better for him to reveal now (he's immortal in day 1).

I read through the posts since I was gone, and, I'll just be Frank. I'm trying really hard to give you the benefit of the doubt, Anatoly. You ask people to give you a chance, to believe that you are a townie, but your actions are really treading the lines of my trust. It started off with fishing for Task's universe (not a townie thing to do), insisting that he has to be scum and that the detective roles should devote their resources into frisking him as the dnight comes (another really scummy thing to do), and the straw that broke the camel's back is what I quoted at the start of this post. It's better for the drifter to reveal themselves never. It is never a good idea to reveal your universe. It is never a good idea to try to expose someone else's universe. By doing that, you're very likely putting a) someone else in danger, and b) yourself in danger, as well as c) a lot of scrutiny on yourself. You've suggested before that the town might bus you, and you are drawing a lot of unnecessary attention to yourself by making all of these scum-sounding statements and just, in general, making yourself a target for other people, even without realizing it. If you aren't Mafia, then you're giving them someone they can easily keep alive and use as their puppet, in a way. Realize that your words have consequences, and if you really are a town member, reconsider your strategy, because we shouldn't be giving the Mafia any advantages, even by policy lynching you and peace.

That being said, Peace, I haven't read a single post by you. Spell check your posts, or you will likely continue to not be taken seriously. It is nothing personal, but if the information that you are giving isn't provided in a legible, organized manner, then your posts are very easy for anyone to misconstrue. The townie may think that you might be saying something that you arent, whereas the Mafia could potentially capitalize off of any mistakes you make. All of this is to say that work on improving the quality of your posts first and foremost. Big posts can be a good source of information depending on the content and who writes them, but at this point, even if your posts were tiny 1-2 sentence posts, as long as they're clear and concise, then they're a lot more valuable to us than anything else you're writing.

21cZxBv.png

#8 2019-09-22 17:57:15

Minimania
Moderation Team

I'm not perfect, and I probably missed some information there, but I just wanted to get that off my chest.

21cZxBv.png

#9 2019-09-22 18:03:25

Minimania
Moderation Team

It's really hard, but I'm really hovering over an Anatoly lynch.

21cZxBv.png

#10 2019-09-22 18:03:49

Minimania
Moderation Team

I'd like it if he responded or something though

21cZxBv.png

#11 2019-09-22 18:15:51

Minimania
Moderation Team

Anatoly, stop assuming that the world is against you. Get your head in the game. This is your chance to prove to everyone that you are competent and that we should more seriously consider you in Mafia games, but you have to focus on the objective, without making yourself look like a fool

21cZxBv.png

#12 2019-09-22 18:16:25

Minimania
Moderation Team

You could start off by reading posts instead of assuming your own demise

21cZxBv.png

#13 2019-09-22 18:24:05

Minimania
Moderation Team

You (Mutantdevle and ZeldaXD) are both right, but keep in mind that Anatoly has teammates, and if they think it beneficial to exploit Anatoly's lack of experience with the game, then they can and will use him as a puppet. He could very well be pretending to be incompetent while "reading a script" if he is Mafia. Even if he isn't, the Mafia could potentially try to make him seem suspicious by keeping him alive regardless of the supposed Universe reveal

21cZxBv.png

#14 2019-09-22 18:37:11

Minimania
Moderation Team

I guess.

21cZxBv.png

#15 2019-09-22 18:45:13

Minimania
Moderation Team

There is a lot of source material, as well as videos of people playing Mafia in real time, that could help you get a better general understanding of the game, too

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by: (2)

#16 2019-09-22 19:52:12

Minimania
Moderation Team

vote Andy

Nice try, but we already spoke about forcing ties.

21cZxBv.png

#17 2019-09-22 19:52:54

Minimania
Moderation Team

ZeldaXD wrote:
Crybaby wrote:

as well as videos of people playing Mafia in real time

...This is a thing?

Yes

JKParty is one group that does it

21cZxBv.png

#18 2019-09-24 15:30:18

Minimania
Moderation Team

I realize it looks kinda bad now but the only reason I voted for Andy is because he pushed for a tie. This was right after he evened his votes with Anatoly, also I made it very clear that I would become suspicious of anyone who tried to push for a tie.

21cZxBv.png

#19 2019-09-24 17:13:22

Minimania
Moderation Team

He does have a fair point. I'm working to become more independent, also classes are starting to take up more and more of my time. Also I just missed my bus ?

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by:

#20 2019-09-24 17:19:28

Minimania
Moderation Team

TaskManager wrote:

That could be perceived as a town move, a scum player would just hope that everyone forgets about it
I'm not sure whether specifically scum Crybaby would do that, cause that's Crybaby and he's very good at making townish moves even when he is mafia

This is also a fair point. If you want to suspect me because of it, that's okay, but I only did it because I wanted to be open about my intentions. I have been making very town-looking moves in past games even as a Mafia member, so I dont expect any of you to believe that I'm town because of that. That wasn't really my intention. I've been less active, so I know that if I just make a move and don't explain it then or at least a little later, it's pretty scummy.

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by:

#21 2019-09-24 21:22:01

Minimania
Moderation Team

I'm a little suspicious that Jawapa voted for Peace yesterday and didn't unvote for him before he went offline. Doing things like that gives the Mafia information, doesn't it?

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by:

rat

#22 2019-09-25 02:38:54

Minimania
Moderation Team

Shadow's current silence is also indicative of something.

Got something you want to say Rene?

21cZxBv.png

#23 2019-09-25 02:39:39

Minimania
Moderation Team

Mysterious how he disappears as soon as the heat around him is gone

21cZxBv.png

#24 2019-09-25 18:34:31

Minimania
Moderation Team

Holy **** man so much happened while I was asleep

!unvote

only because I dont remember if I already voted

Peace's counterclaim and Shadow's earlier case against him make him seem suspicious to me, so

!vote Kira

21cZxBv.png

#25 2019-09-25 19:15:00

Minimania
Moderation Team

Your only reason for voting Peace yesterday was because he's annoying. You didn't unvote for him before yesterday ended, giving the Mafia more information to work with. Today, Peace counterclaims Kira, someone you thought was a Mafia member for the longest time (and didn't vote for). Now, suddenly you trust Kira a lot more than Peace now that Peace has counterclaimed, all for... what? Peace not being smart enough to make that good of a play?

When I called you on not unvoting Peace yesterday, you gave me a weak response, and basically told me not to worry about it. Today, when people ask you to unvote for peace, suddenly you have no idea why it would be beneficial to unvote for a less popular candidate, and have to have it explained to you once again. Only this time, it's the same exact person that we already have information on. Do you know so little about who you're voting for that you're just that hellbent on killing Peace? Seems so much like something you would do out of policy if you ask me.

If Kira flips alpha best-flavor-of-ice-cream town, we're lynching Peace tomorrow without the shadow of a doubt. Unless you're a cop and you have some irrefutable proof that Peace is indeed Mafia, you're doing nobody any favors (not even Kira) by being so aggressive against a singular person, and in fact, are making yourself look way less credible.

21cZxBv.png

Wooted by:

rat

Onjit1631616771791313

Board footer