Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-07-25 18:18:06

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Re: Mafia 27: PurgatorEE [GAME OVER!]

Sounds fair

!vote MrJawapa
mutantdevle wrote:

5/7

haha meme

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#27 2019-07-26 13:13:27

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

mutantdevle wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:
Kira wrote:

I do not want Jawapa in heaven at the current moment personally, as he has been very helpful at the right times.

Who do you personally want to send to heaven? Explaining away your reason to vote is one thing, but it seems meaningless when you don't present us with an alternative.

Kira's whole post was how we should send Crybaby instead of jawapa...

Kira wrote:

Scenario number 2: We send Crybaby to heaven: he turns out to be town/mafia. We take a small risk + The player has asked to be kept in-game. This is personally a bad choice at the current moment.

??
this is confusing

i8SwC8p.png

Wooted by: (2)

#28 2019-07-26 17:57:08

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

oh wow
Some of the entries in jawapa's reads list do seem feigned

Onjit is in jawapa's mafia leaning list, however jawapa specified that the only reason for that is onjit not voting for zoey
1) there are more people that didn't vote for zoey (i think kira made a list but im too lazy to find it), yet they aren't on the mafia-leaning part of the list
it is possible that it was jawapa's attempt at distancing from onjit
considering onjit also hammered the vote, i'd call him sus

that being said we should wait for his explanation post so dont cast them votes yet

2) is not voting for zoey scum indicative at this point? or town indicative? or neither?

i8SwC8p.png

#29 2019-07-26 23:51:14

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Eh
You've provided arguments on why we shouldn't lynch Onjit but you still provided none on why should we go for Zelda instead

Processor wrote:

I feel more confident in his scuminess.

Consider sharing?
The town isn't simply going to follow you just cause you feel confident and explain nothing

Processor wrote:

Argument 2: Would Jawapa really write this, if Onjit was mafia?

Isn't this WIFOM

i8SwC8p.png

Wooted by: (2)

#30 2019-07-27 14:55:51

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Processor wrote:

@everyone: take a look at ZeldaXD and see if you can get behind lynching him.

Not at this moment, no
Zelda's posts are townish, he doesn't post much but it's contributive
Meanwhile, you've never provided a single argument to lynching Zelda since I asked you the same thing yesterday
So I'll remind you that you have yet to do that
Wtf?

Onjit wrote:

I've pulled underhanded crap in benefit of town in previous games as well

The underhanded crap that you linked here is you sacrificing yourself for the sake of Town gaining information
This case is slightly different imo

Onjit wrote:

I'll post what I think I actually found out in a moment

Waiting for this

i8SwC8p.png

#31 2019-07-28 13:47:37

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Peace why did you vote for Onjit?

i8SwC8p.png

#32 2019-07-28 19:46:59

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

mutantdevle wrote:

Did anyone else here also notice the invisible text? I find it unlikely that I'd be the only one.

I did see it the first time I read that post

mutantdevle wrote:

If someone else did see this next and not mention it in any way then their reason as to why could be the difference between me town reading them or scum reading them.

If you mean "not mention it back when it was posted" then personally I chose not to because it's hidden for a reason which was probably that hopefully mafia will miss it and fall for the trick?

Processor wrote:

He may have unintentionally framed Onjit as the bad guy. But he still framed him.

If Jawapa did not intend to frame Onjit how does that prove he's town? What if it's a **** up caused by miscommunication between Jawapa & Onjit?

also

Kira wrote:

I am going to make a post concerning everything that happened in a few hours. Stay tuned.

This is from Kira's last post
It was 23 hours ago
:thinking:
Multiple people are trying to waste our time with "gonna do X soon" card at this point

Can we get a vote count pls thank

i8SwC8p.png

Wooted by: (4)

#33 2019-07-29 15:18:19

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

You guys realize the lynches are compulsory and the person with most votes is lynched regardless, once the time runs out?
I see no better candidate than Onjit, but neither do I see a point in pushing the wagon any further right now. It's about 9 hours more or less.
I can only fancy two reasons for pushing the lynch further right now:
- You're in a hurry and don't want to wait another 9 hours
- You want to prevent Onjit from potentially making that post he's been promising to make

i8SwC8p.png

#34 2019-07-29 21:32:26

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

I'm going to agree with Slab here
IMO Norboy and Zelda are the finest candidates for heaven

i8SwC8p.png

#35 2019-07-30 14:21:03

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Do you want to go to heaven Task?

I wouldn't mind

@Mutant to me that sounds like you're trying to get rid of Proc, especially considering he voted you in the past phase

i8SwC8p.png

#36 2019-07-31 01:46:57

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Processor wrote:

Neutrals:
TaskManager
2B55B5G TNG
Kira

Pro-NorwegianboyEE / ZeldaXD:
ZeldaXD
Mutantdevle
Slabdrill

Processor wrote:

Processor (5): NorwegianboyEE, TaskManager, 2B55B5G TNG, peace, Crybaby

TaskManager wrote:

IMO Norboy and Zelda are the finest candidates for heaven

Proc your math sucks
also are you testing gregbot or something

i8SwC8p.png

Wooted by:

#37 2019-07-31 21:28:32

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

!vote norwegianboyee

not a whole lot to discuss here, other than mutant/proc convincing drama

i8SwC8p.png

#38 2019-08-01 17:54:45

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

well ****

Crybaby wrote:

I dont know what to trust anymore

same tbh
i doubt proc and mutant could be both mafia, the enormous drama between them would be too difficult to stage

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

Can we safely conclude Mutant is town?

no

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

And I might be wrong but imo I think ZeldaXD is mafia.

hmm why?

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

ZeldaXD suggested Norboy as a candidate for heaven.

so did proc
and mutant
and slab
and i

theres so many people to suspect right now that im clueless

i8SwC8p.png

#39 2019-08-01 17:55:33

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

Can we safely conclude Mutant is town?

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

Mutant is more sus than Processor imo

dude what the hell

i8SwC8p.png

#40 2019-08-02 12:16:05

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

I am afraid that Mutant has been manipulating the Town almost entire game
Consider Jawapa's heaven lynch: Mutant suggested it out of the blue
Consider Norboy's lynch: Mutant was on this wagon too, albeit it's not a major scum tell because we've all got fooled
Onjit, Peace, 2B55 - they all were pushed by Mutant at some point
They are/were scummy and can't defend themselves. They're all low hanging fruit
I also don't know how and why do you town read Kira, so, of all much suspicious people here I would place Kira first on your partners list

Therefore,

!vote Mutantdevle

i8SwC8p.png

#41 2019-08-02 18:33:53

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

uhh Mutant your iso seems to be broken
i can't go to pages 2+ after isolating you
also i hate making large posts
i dont know how do you manage this

mutantdevle wrote:

We all got fooled by jawapa too. Surely that means that's not a major scum tell either?

The thing is that in jawapa's case you were the one to bring him up as a candidate

mutantdevle wrote:

Can I just remind y'all what happened with the jawapa vote. I merely suggested him. My expectation was that he should be dicussed as an option but immediately everyone was like 'yeah let's do this!' and voted. One of those players who had that reaction was Norweiganboy.

You knew you had a strong standing in the town, thus people would trust your judgement
I actually feel like someone mentioned this before
Also what would you have discussed there? Cause considering he was town read by pretty much everyone, I don't think anyone would have anything to discuss

mutantdevle wrote:

We've established from Onjit's flip that the mafia are prepared to frame people so how can you be so sure they're not framing me too?

Onjit got framed because he hammered the jawapa vote
I don't recall you hammering a vote, so can you explain how is mafia potentially framing you rn

mutantdevle wrote:

Taskmanager, do you agree that you've had very little impact in this game? Because I certainly think that's true. What gives? Usually, you're seen as one of the most valuable players yet in this game you've just been a semi-lurker. Why have you become less helpful in a game where you don't have to worry about being night killed?

Yeah I haven't been as active
It's mostly because this game has no power roles, no roleclaiming, none of that, just plain ol' discussion. Which I find slightly boring tbh
Also the lack of night kills makes the game even more relaxed, because you don't have to worry you'll just suddenly die one night

mutantdevle wrote:

To say that they are incapable of defending themselves is just insulting to them to be honest.

Uhh, not entirely
Onjit couldn't defend himself because he acted scummy the entire game and you had a ton of arguments against him, against which he only had "i acted scummy on purpose"
2B55 is generally confused (sorry if this comes off as rude, but considering your wagon hopping and self bashing it's true) and he's barely been trying to defend himself, instead he prefers to vote himself (which is what onjit and trytu did too!)
peace is peace and admit it you can't defend when people will gladly policy lynch you because of your inability to type
also peace replaced a person that was completely useless entire game, which makes it even worse for him
I'm not dismissing either 2B or peace as townies, but I do think that IF they are town, they're a very easy target for the mafia

mutantdevle wrote:

I don't like how you're brandishing everyone I've been suspicious of as low hanging fruit. So many people in this game fit that description. I'd argue that right now even I fit the description of low hanging fruit so what's your excuse?

I'm not "brandishing everyone", thats hella manipulative lol
There surely are other people that you considered suspicious, but these three are the obvious easy targets
I don't think you do fit into that description because you had a strong position in the town, you are capable of defending yourself better than these people in this particular game, and you are able of writing prolonged walls of text in your debates, which makes people consider you a strong player (even though logically it doesn't make sense, people tend to have more trust towards those who write large posts)

mutantdevle wrote:

Kira has consistently shown a desire to solve the game. Although I don't agree with all of his conclusions, his logic makes sense on how he came to them and the very fact that he's been able to show his logic is proof that his reads and conclusions are genuine. I have similar reasoning to town read Zelda but their posts are not as strong as Kira's. I also think that Kira's initial lack of hope at the start of the game is quite a townie thing to think - if he was mafia, he would be glad of this advantage and possibly not feel the need to mention.

Posts like this stand out to me as townie. He could have just joined the wagon with a simple vote but instead not only did he make it clear that he agreed with me but more importantly he explained why he agreed with me. Just scroll through Kira's iso and you can see for yourself how consistently he does this kind of thing. He explains his logic and actively tries to solve the game when he has time to.

Consistently? The only thing consistent about him is his hopping between "trying to solve the game" and "campaigning for heaven"
Explaining *why* does one agree with someone seems redundant to me. If you have the same opinion as someone else, what is to explain here?

Also, Kira at one point dismissed Trytu and Norboy, and started going for Zelda instead (end of this post and the next one)
Then, slightly later, he does a 180 and votes Trytu again (post)
That feels really scummy to me

TaskManager wrote:
Kira wrote:

I am going to make a post concerning everything that happened in a few hours. Stay tuned.

This is from Kira's last post
It was 23 hours ago
:thinking:
Multiple people are trying to waste our time with "gonna do X soon" card at this point

Also this was never addressed

mutantdevle wrote:

Of course, at the time everyone ignored him because we all town read norweiganboy. But hey, Kira was right about him being scum. Maybe it's about time we listened to him.

Uhh you don't seem to have the same approach to Proc despite him being right about Onjit
Instead you tried to silence him by suggesting sending him to heaven

Crybaby wrote:

@TaskManager why did you leave Mutant at L-1?

wdym "leave"
I mean, sure, I did put him there but I have a strong feeling that he's mafia soooo

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

You can notice that at the end (or start) of every person I stated whether they voted for Zoey. I feel like that Zoey bandwagon was a very important bandwagon.

Considering at least two mafia bussed her, I don't think it is a solid scum/town tell anymore

mutantdevle wrote:

@peace, I'd like to see you make a similar sort of post to 2B55's.

Isn't he banned tho

i8SwC8p.png

#42 2019-08-03 02:46:20

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Mutant voicing your opinions doesn't make you scum and that's an odd way to put it, it's that your opinions turn out to be beneficial to mafia
It's slightly similar to your argument against Onjit saying "you've consistently been on the wrong side of a vote"

You did little in the Jawapa's wagon but that was enough to swing the town's opinion in the necessary way
And losing the trust seemingly had paid off, considering there's 2 mafias in heaven already

Onjit's chances to prove himself as town were slim because eventually he gave you a summary and you still dismissed it since apparently it's not what you wanted from him,
after that I suppose he stopped giving a **** about the game entirely

2B55 finally started defending himself but until now my point stood and you/kira pushed for him prior to that

mutantdevle wrote:

And you cutting off my statement like this is even more manipulative. I said everyone I've been suspicious of, not everyone in general.

Wow ain't that nitpicking
Literally in the next row I did say "people that you considered suspicious"
It's like you saw that flaw of not including the entire sentence in quotation marks and decided to play the "no u" card. Even though the entire sentence with "I've been suspicious of" is in the quote tags

mutantdevle wrote:

This is exactly why it's hard to sort you. The more you justify your logic and the motivation, the more likely it is that you're town. Why? Because town's words are genuine and mafia's are effectively lies they have to invent. The more you question a lie the more chance you can see a hole in it. So when you freely offer explanations to your opinions, it shows you have nothing to hide (or that you're really good at lying).

A mafia player could easily grab the statement that they agree with, rephrase it, and post it as their own //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

mutantdevle wrote:

Proc currently isn't campaigning for anything other than me being scum (which I obviously know he's wrong on). Other than that, his only other significant opinion is that Zelda is scummy. But unlike Kira he hasn't really provided much of a reason to lynch Zelda. I'm perfectly willing to listen to Proc if he actually presents a case on Zelda.

Presents a case, yeah, yet in Kira's case it was simply "maybe about time we listened to him"

mutantdevle wrote:

Where did I try to silence Proc? I made it explicitly clear that I didn't want to send proc to heaven. Accusing me of trying to get proc into heaven is the equivalent of cutting someone off mid-sentence to twist what they're trying to say. The statement that I was making is that proc's 'playstyle' is better suited to a judgement day decision than it is trying to convince other living townies to follow him. And no point did I ever say that I wanted him in heaven.

Well, you wouldn't have to explicitly say you want him in heaven, would you?
Writing a paragraph about his playstyle and saying "y'all should definitely strongly consider him for heaven" is a solid enough implication
I also recall you saying at one point how we shouldn't bother with judg day much because it's unlikely to happen, so why suddenly mention it

i8SwC8p.png

#43 2019-08-13 10:35:36

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

uhh gg?
it was quite fun nonetheless

i8SwC8p.png

#44 2019-08-13 11:06:58

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

also wow you had flavor up your sleeve for every possible scenario

i8SwC8p.png

Wooted by:
ASDruska1565804809759016

Board footer