Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Donate!

pls donate


#1 2019-05-01 23:55:24

HeyNK
Member
Joined: 2017-04-07
Posts: 1,318

eE OFFLINE QUESTION

hOW ARE WORLD PORTALS GOING TO WORK?

Offline

#2 2019-05-02 01:38:44

Tomahawk
Forum Mod
From: BiH/UK
Joined: 2015-02-18
Posts: 2,225

Re: eE OFFLINE QUESTION

mOVED TO Q&A.


One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Offline

Wooted by: (3)

#3 2019-05-02 05:45:07

Anatoly
Guest

Re: eE OFFLINE QUESTION

i THINK YOU ACTIVATED CAPS ACCIDENTALLY!

#4 2019-05-02 07:58:59

ILikeTofuuJoe
Member
From: Obvervable Universe
Joined: 2018-06-04
Posts: 1,765
Website

Re: eE OFFLINE QUESTION

I THINK YOU ACTIVATED CAPS PUPOSEFULLY!

Ontopic:
Ask Xenonetix


https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

Offline

#5 2019-05-02 08:03:14

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123
From: i really should update this
Joined: 2015-03-01
Posts: 8,472

Re: eE OFFLINE QUESTION

Theoretically upon entering a world portal the game could search for the appropriate .eelvl file within the folder of the current .eelvl that is played and return a "World not found message" if the required file is not in the folder


i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos













like.php?tid=46047&pid=754703

Offline

#6 2019-05-02 09:44:00

mikelolsuperman
Member
From: North Korea
Joined: 2016-06-26
Posts: 1,681
Website

Re: eE OFFLINE QUESTION

TaskManager wrote:

Theoretically upon entering a world portal the game could search for the appropriate .eelvl file within the folder of the current .eelvl that is played and return a "World not found message" if the required file is not in the folder

What if you change the name from "world name - world owner - world id" to "That one level with the spikes" or whatever?


Blue is my favourite color
BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

Offline

#7 2019-05-02 09:55:21, last edited by TaskManager (2019-05-02 09:55:36)

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123
From: i really should update this
Joined: 2015-03-01
Posts: 8,472

Re: eE OFFLINE QUESTION

mikelolsuperman wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

Theoretically upon entering a world portal the game could search for the appropriate .eelvl file within the folder of the current .eelvl that is played and return a "World not found message" if the required file is not in the folder

What if you change the name from "world name - world owner - world id" to "That one level with the spikes" or whatever?

I never said that the search would be performed necessarily by file name
I don't know the inner format of .eelvl files but maybe the world ID is stored somewhere at the beginning of the file


i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos













like.php?tid=46047&pid=754703

Offline

#8 2019-05-02 10:06:49

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 6,978

Re: eE OFFLINE QUESTION

this is a good question maby xeno can post some information on how some of the action blocks gonna work like what about global switches? what about curse? (we dotn need curse if not multiplier we have poisoin for that)


peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better

Offline

#9 2019-05-02 11:36:50, last edited by PiotrGrochowski (2019-05-02 13:42:10)

PiotrGrochowski
Member
From: Poland (born in 8 №v 2004)
Joined: 2016-04-27
Posts: 965

Re: eE OFFLINE QUESTION

peace wrote:

this is a good question maby xeno can post some information on how some of the action blocks gonna work like what about global switches? what about curse? (we dotn need curse if not multiplier we have poisoin for that)

with some sort of weird connectivity like bluetooth or multiple windows open on the same PC they could have similar function

Edit: they definitely are going to implement that, I mean, EE Offline needs to allow bots! Can't wait for Ninjabot 2.0.3[debug] to be ported to EE Offline!


I'm known as "haslo" in EE.

Offline

#10 2019-05-02 13:37:15, last edited by MWstudios (2019-05-02 13:37:35)

MWstudios
Member
From: World 4-2
Joined: 2018-04-06
Posts: 1,331

Re: eE OFFLINE QUESTION

TaskManager wrote:
mikelolsuperman wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

Theoretically upon entering a world portal the game could search for the appropriate .eelvl file within the folder of the current .eelvl that is played and return a "World not found message" if the required file is not in the folder

What if you change the name from "world name - world owner - world id" to "That one level with the spikes" or whatever?

I never said that the search would be performed necessarily by file name
I don't know the inner format of .eelvl files but maybe the world ID is stored somewhere at the beginning of the file

No it isn't, Notepad didn't find anything starting with "PW" or ending with "EI"


Time before becoming a Member - Leaderboard
1. Whirl - 9 months
2. KirbyKareem - 8 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months
5. ILikeTofuuJoe - 1.5 months
giphy.gif Piskel is the best GIF maker I've seen
HG's signature for me - Anatoly's signature for me
The Mashed Potatoes Song - The longest post on EE forums - Play my Minesweeper

Offline

#11 2019-05-02 14:04:44

LukeM
Dev Team
From: England
Joined: 2016-06-03
Posts: 2,911
Website

Re: eE OFFLINE QUESTION

MWstudios wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

No it isn't, Notepad didn't find anything starting with "PW" or ending with "EI"

The file is compressed, so you can't find things by just opening it with notepad, but it is correct that we don't store the ID in the .eelvl file.

I'd guess that world portals would either do nothing or maybe prompt you to select a file to load as the world you want to go to.

Offline

Wooted by:

#12 2019-05-02 15:34:16

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123
From: i really should update this
Joined: 2015-03-01
Posts: 8,472

Re: eE OFFLINE QUESTION

LukeM wrote:

but it is correct that we don't store the ID in the .eelvl file.

well that sucks lmao


i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos













like.php?tid=46047&pid=754703

Offline

Wooted by:

#13 2019-05-02 15:49:42

Raphe9000
Member
Joined: 2015-03-16
Posts: 1,685

Re: eE OFFLINE QUESTION

The easiest thing to do would just be to making it where entering a world portal with a world ID will search the folder that the current world is in for a file that has said ID in the name and open it in the current session. If it can't find one, you get an error message or nothing. I'm not sure how good programs are at searching for files by a part of the name instead of the whole name, but this seems like a pretty good explanation from an outsider's perspective.


Raphe9000.gif

Thank you to HG, Nebula, and PiotrGrochowski
Moderator of Everybody Edits under our new owner, Kira peace AK712 China

Offline

#14 2019-05-02 23:20:46

HeyNK
Member
Joined: 2017-04-07
Posts: 1,318

Re: eE OFFLINE QUESTION

Question 2:

Some world portals link to the same world, in different spawn points.

You better make those functional.

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#15 2019-05-03 09:52:28

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 6,978

Re: eE OFFLINE QUESTION

Raphe9000 wrote:

The easiest thing to do would just be to making it where entering a world portal with a world ID will search the folder that the current world is in for a file that has said ID in the name and open it in the current session. If it can't find one, you get an error message or nothing. I'm not sure how good programs are at searching for files by a part of the name instead of the whole name, but this seems like a pretty good explanation from an outsider's perspective.

*downloads multiply 'untitled world' 's* *a world portal is linked to untitled world* uhm whic world am i gonna join now?


peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better

Offline

#16 2019-05-03 12:26:17

Raphe9000
Member
Joined: 2015-03-16
Posts: 1,685

Re: eE OFFLINE QUESTION

peace wrote:

*downloads multiply 'untitled world' 's* *a world portal is linked to untitled world* uhm whic world am i gonna join now?

I don't think you understand what I mean.


Raphe9000.gif

Thank you to HG, Nebula, and PiotrGrochowski
Moderator of Everybody Edits under our new owner, Kira peace AK712 China

Offline

Raphe90001556882777748436

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1576433329.2471 - Generated in 0.104 seconds, 10 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.54 MiB (Peak: 1.76 MiB) ]