Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-12 20:24:53

Raphe9000

What games keep you coming back to them frequently?

I don't think I'm alone when I say I go through different moods in what I want to play, and I'm brought back to games I've played for years many times, even if I haven't been interested in them for months. Everybody Edits is actually one of these games for me. Even if I go a month or two without playing it, I always come back in cycles. That's been going on for over 7 years now with EE, and it made me start thinking what other games do this to me and the games people on the forums feel the same with.

With Everybody Edits out of the way, there's one game that I'm almost annoyed I still pick up every once in a while that is very similar to EE: Minecraft. I started playing at the beginning of 2012 and started falling out of the scene near 2015-2016. Now, I play it maybe once a month because I do find it fun to revisit a hobby of my past and see how it keeps changing. That being said, I play exclusively offline now and have used mods and stuff to enhance my experience since the old gameplay has become so stale in my eyes. I'm kinda unsure what even exists past 1.7.10 beside an apparent combat shift and some new materials added since that's the version I play on if I actually want to sit down and play more than for a few hours, something getting less and less frequent.

Very recently, I've gotten back into gaming before the 2010s. I sadly have lost my Gameboy Advance and games I had on it after a move where I could take very few things, but I somehow maintained my Wii with a single yet amazing Wii game and a few old DS games. I also have an SNES classic which is just the best thing you can get for 80 USD. That Wii game BTW is Zelda, Twilight Princess. It really got me into Zelda (I had played a Zelda game before it but didn't care about it too much), and I always come back to those games. Ocarina of Time, OOT 3D, A Link to the Past, Breath of the Wild, A Link Between Worlds, Twilight Princess, all amazing games I can't escape from coming back and playing every time and again.

A few PC games like Spore, Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, and Bloons Tower Defense 4-6 do the same thing to me. Even Celeste and Stardew Valley, more modern games, have made their way onto my list.

Ranting aside, what games do the same thing to you, and why?

#2 2019-01-12 22:27:41, last edited by TaskManager (2019-01-12 22:36:02)

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Re: What games keep you coming back to them frequently?

everybody edits

call of duty 4 (multiplayer)
running around the map and shooting/blowing up people without any garbage like skins and DLCs and whatnot, it never gets old
full 50 player servers (12 years after the game's release) with a constant rain of bullets and grenades everywhere throughout the map, its always fun

battlefield 2 with mods & custom maps (singleplayer)
bf2 has a ton of massive mods that enhance singleplayer gameplay and as such playing with bots is not boring, plus every mod provides a bunch of cool vehicles, weapons, maps
also almost all of the gameplay stuff is stored in config files that you can modify through notepad easily and thats what ive been doing a lot

unreal tournament 2004 (singleplayer)
large variety of game modes, maps and mutators, map making tool included and probably the smartest bots/AI you will ever find in an FPS game

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#3 2019-01-12 22:30:21

mikelolsuperman
Website

Everybody edits for daily and checking if friends are online
Tanktrouble to see if it is still alive

Blue is my favourite color
BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

#4 2019-01-12 23:04:28

bunglybongle

ROBLOX

#5 2019-01-13 00:25:40

Minimania
Moderation Team

Platform Racing used to do this for me. Difference there is new things stopped happening there. So. Yeah, Everybody Edits is currently the only one.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#6 2019-01-13 01:12:36

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

I jump on Starve.io every so often and play for like 4 hours straight on one life before getting bored. There’s a big update planned in the near future, so it might become more worthwhile to play.

Diep.io is fun and much more casual. You need decent ping for both games or you’ll just get frustrated.

I play too much Minesweeper. Sometimes I play without flags to spice things up a little.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#7 2019-01-13 02:02:44

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

everybody edits

factorio

that's about it

suddenly random sig change

Wooted by:

#8 2019-01-13 02:03:22

JadElClemens

TF2 is probably my most played game because it runs flawlessly on Linux and also is literally the best game in existence.

I have a Minecraft kick every once in a while, but usually only for a month or so and then it's boring again.

Finally, I haven't played it in a long time, but Elona Shooter is quite addictive. If I ever get the motivation to put in the effort and start making games I'd really like to make something inspired by it.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

Wooted by:

#9 2019-01-13 04:44:28

Yu

Guild Wars 2. I've uninstalled the game like 20+ times. Am still playing it today! Started the game August 2016.

20 uninstalls. Thanks a lot PVP!

#10 2019-01-13 10:46:29

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Left 4 dead 2. Somehow even after about 1200 hours of total playtime, it just never get’s boring to play versus mode with friends on the game. I think it’s because the game is so random that something new happens everytime.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#11 2019-01-13 10:58:01

MWstudios

Time before becoming a Member - Leaderboard
1. Whirl - 9 months
2. KirbyKareem - 8 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months
5. ILikeTofuuJoe - 1.5 months
giphy.gif Piskel is the best GIF maker I've seen
HG's signature for me - Anatoly's signature for me
The Mashed Potatoes Song - The longest post on EE forums - Play my Minesweeper

#12 2019-01-13 12:01:48

peace

EE ofc also i kinda like idle gaemes they let you come back mcuh times to spend cash ect puzzle games are kinda nic ebut mostly have ~30-50 levels adn then are done

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#13 2019-01-14 22:11:28, last edited by daneeko (2019-01-14 22:11:35)

daneeko

everybody edits

chroma ways/airxonix (these two existed longer than me)

diep.io

bosca ceoil (this not a game but sometimes i just make music)

UzI5nBc.png

#14 2019-01-15 01:19:29

Joeyc

overwatch - fun

#15 2019-01-15 02:04:57, last edited by XxAtillaxX (2019-01-15 02:05:22)

XxAtillaxX

Combat Arms.

I loved playing it back the day, until there were a ton of cheaters.

It got to the point where there were literally no rooms that wouldn't have a cheater, or several cheaters inside. I quit the game the very day I couldn't find a single fair room. I'd love to play it again if only the cheating problem was addressed. Typically, in most games, it wouldn't be a huge deal, since there's vote kicking. In this instance, they were capable of cheating and evading being vote kicked, and there were so many of them. It's like trying to clean a bed bug infestation with your bare hands, not feasible.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#16 2019-01-15 11:39:15

Yu

XxAtillaxX wrote:

Combat Arms.

I loved playing it back the day, until there were a ton of cheaters.

It got to the point where there were literally no rooms that wouldn't have a cheater, or several cheaters inside. I quit the game the very day I couldn't find a single fair room. I'd love to play it again if only the cheating problem was addressed. Typically, in most games, it wouldn't be a huge deal, since there's vote kicking. In this instance, they were capable of cheating and evading being vote kicked, and there were so many of them. It's like trying to clean a bed bug infestation with your bare hands, not feasible.

Oh, that name takes me back. I played the heck out of Combat Arms at around 2012-2014. Quarantine freerunning was my favorite thing, ever. Two Towers was the pinnacle freerunning map with all the windows, vine jumps, ladder hops, spoke hops, net runs, roof climbs and overall kiting strats that made me fall in love with quar running. God that was so fun. I kinda started to get grouchy at the following though: a) when you were chosen as a zombie b) mutagens c) dying too easily and finally d) waiting forever for the round to finish if you died or got infected.

I also liked the bigger quar maps like Warhead and Kill Creek since they had several hiding spots and a ton of space. And I guess Neptune because of the water bug where you can bounce up and down really far.

Beyond quar, I actually really liked Elim. The gameplay and variety of guns was really nice.

I'm surprised you didn't mention elite mod banspam. These mods would any player they died to, which is ridiculous.

I miss the game, shame it was transferred to a different company. Wonder how it is these days.

I'm thinking of moving on from Guild Wars 2 (my current MMO) to something else. Was considering Combat Arms but... OSRS feels really nostalgic and I wanna try it.

#17 2019-01-22 22:32:52

Trung

No ideas, probably a bunch of flash games...

Say hello to my army :
Ufl8CL9.png
time.gif

#18 2019-01-25 00:01:27

skullz17

EE, LoL, and Rocket League. Kinda Hearthstone as well. Can't really get away from LoL, most of the youtube content and all of the twitch content I consume is LoL related. It's not that I come back to it, I literally can't quit it in the first place. I quit RL but I used to play it quite a lot. I still find the mechanics really fun, and I enjoy the process of improving. Hearthstone is just fun, idk. It also helped me understand some concepts in LoL better. I never could get far into it because it was too grindy, but I kinda still want to eventually make a meta deck, so I come back every once in a while, usually when a new expansion comes out.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

skullz171548370887739601

Board footer