Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Advertisement

Hello, visitor! These forums are run off of the revenue generated from these ads. If you'd like to support us, please whitelist us or consider donating:

#1 2018-11-06 23:27:02

NorwegianboyEE
Member
From: Norway
Joined: 2015-03-16
Posts: 1,246

US 2018 Mid-term election discussion

I'm really hyped for the results of this election, just in a few hours now. I'm not even American yet i want to see the democrats stub Trump on the nose.
Here's for hoping Trump's latest anti-immigration fear mongering will come back to bite him. What do you guys think?
Who do you think will win the house and/or senate? Republicans or Democrats?


L1dl6nb.gif

Offline

#2 2018-11-06 23:43:21

Master1
Campaign Team
From: Crait
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 4,416

Re: US 2018 Mid-term election discussion

I'm hoping the republicans will win both. Trump is a great president, can't wait to see what he'll do in the next 6 years.


nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

Offline

#3 2018-11-07 00:00:04

Yonanoke
Formerly Glaauber
From: Brazil, DF, Gama
Joined: 2015-07-07
Posts: 388

Re: US 2018 Mid-term election discussion

i hope bolsonaro wins this one


- Perfect 7 - Closed   MyAnimeList   In-game arts   Tell Me A Story - playlist

I'm probably sleeping now, you should sleep too.
Our memories will always belong to Everybody Edits

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#4 2018-11-07 04:20:32

HeyNK
Member
Joined: 2017-04-07
Posts: 1,249

Re: US 2018 Mid-term election discussion

You like anime girls but you're cheering for the democrats?

???

Online

#5 2018-11-07 05:29:40

azurepudding
Member
Joined: 2016-11-18
Posts: 706

Re: US 2018 Mid-term election discussion

Master1 wrote:

I'm hoping the republicans will win both. Trump is a great president, can't wait to see what he'll do in the next 6 years.

There can be no checks and balances if republicans control all three branches of government.  With yesmen republicans, Trump has little limitation of what he can do.  It's almost like there isn't a congress at all.

...But not anymore!

Offline

Wooted by:

#6 2018-11-07 05:31:00

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 9,995

Re: US 2018 Mid-term election discussion

HeyNK wrote:

You like anime girls but you're cheering for the democrats?

???

The best of both worlds.


Thank you so much for all the great, fun, and artistic worlds.

Guidelines for a database archive

LukeM's EELVL deserialiser

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#7 2018-11-07 05:33:23

ILikeTofuuJoe
Member
From: Obvervable Universe
Joined: 2018-06-04
Posts: 1,710
Website

Re: US 2018 Mid-term election discussion

I don't really care unless the president decides to do someething stupid


https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

Offline

#8 2018-11-07 05:58:06

Enurp
Banned
From: Ohio
Joined: 2015-06-20
Posts: 445

Re: US 2018 Mid-term election discussion

i hope my boys the repubs win back to back and go **** crazy and they bomb japan two more times for shiggles

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#9 2018-11-07 06:01:42

Onjit
Member
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 7,743
Website

Re: US 2018 Mid-term election discussion

you losers that voted only got a lame sticker and not the clearly superior

d e m o c r a c y    s a u s a g e

honestly whats the point of voting if you don't even get a snagsanga


ಠ_ಠ

Offline

Wooted by:

#10 2018-11-07 09:44:15

NorwegianboyEE
Member
From: Norway
Joined: 2015-03-16
Posts: 1,246

Re: US 2018 Mid-term election discussion

Good results, i’m not complaining. With the house back in Democrat hands it will severely limit the damaging effects of some of the president’s more idiotic decisions, as well as open the way for investigation into his tax returns and possible collusion with foreign powers.

HeyNK wrote:

You like anime girls but you're cheering for the democrats?

???

How are these synonymous???


L1dl6nb.gif

Offline

#11 2018-11-07 15:55:44

Daneeko
Member
From: EE Universe
Joined: 2015-02-20
Posts: 1,967

Re: US 2018 Mid-term election discussion

wait there was another election? E3HZ7gq.png


undertale_box.png?text=%0Acolor%3Dhotpink%20%20%20%20%20%20YOU%20HAVE%20BEEN%20DESTROYED&box=undertale&boxcolor=hotpink&font=determination&asterisk=false&small=true wait what

Offline

#12 2018-11-07 16:08:27

TaskManager
Banned
From: i really should update this
Joined: 2015-03-01
Posts: 7,334

Re: US 2018 Mid-term election discussion

yo whats happening im outta the loop

Offline

#13 2018-11-07 16:46:50

Crybaby
Formerly minimania
From: Takes Over
Joined: 2015-02-22
Posts: 3,796

Re: US 2018 Mid-term election discussion

If con is the opposite of pro, does this mean congress is the opposite of progress....?


Find out next time on United States Midterm Elections!


unknown.png
unknown.pngBoxWooden_Crate_EE.png

Offline

#14 2018-11-14 04:01:30

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 4,841

Re: US 2018 Mid-term election discussion

over 100 women will be entering congress!

first openly gay man elected govenor!

ted cruz almost lost texas which is huge for dems!

the house can now open investigations into trump, finally.

id be lying if i said I wasn't slightly disappointed. the blue wave turned into a trickle, but the voter turnout was the highest for any midterm election ever and millenials showed up to vote at a 400% increase in many battleground states. Overall I think it was a win, even if it was smaller than many were hoping. It gives me hope for 2020 that we can get him out of the white house and maybe start making some change

Offline

#15 2018-11-14 05:17:28

Yonanoke
Formerly Glaauber
From: Brazil, DF, Gama
Joined: 2015-07-07
Posts: 388

Re: US 2018 Mid-term election discussion

this is new


- Perfect 7 - Closed   MyAnimeList   In-game arts   Tell Me A Story - playlist

I'm probably sleeping now, you should sleep too.
Our memories will always belong to Everybody Edits

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#16 2018-11-14 07:12:43

azurepudding
Member
Joined: 2016-11-18
Posts: 706

Re: US 2018 Mid-term election discussion

Yonanoke wrote:

I've been trying to understand this NPC meme- is it purposely ironic?  Because it seems that whenever one lists some facts about why Trump is a terrible president, the facts are simply dismissed as "NPC talk" or "NPC scripts" without actually addressing the facts or countering them.  But I guess that's part of trolling, to make someone reasonable rage over unreason? 

It just feels that the hardcore Trump supporters (the average less informed can be excluded) are the actual NPCs, chanting the same phrases (scripts) he keeps brainwashing with.

Last edited by azurepudding (2018-11-14 07:13:43)

Offline

Wooted by:

#17 2018-11-14 09:49:02

Master1
Campaign Team
From: Crait
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 4,416

Re: US 2018 Mid-term election discussion

azurepudding wrote:
Yonanoke wrote:

I've been trying to understand this NPC meme- is it purposely ironic?  Because it seems that whenever one lists some facts about why Trump is a terrible president, the facts are simply dismissed as "NPC talk" or "NPC scripts" without actually addressing the facts or countering them.  But I guess that's part of trolling, to make someone reasonable rage over unreason? 

It just feels that the hardcore Trump supporters (the average less informed can be excluded) are the actual NPCs, chanting the same phrases (scripts) he keeps brainwashing with.

I guess you didn't watch the full video he linked. If you go to 0:41 seconds you'll see exactly what the NPC meme is all about. It isn't for those expressing legitimate fact-based opinions as to why trump is bad. It's for those who continuously denounce everything he does without explanation.

Holding up a sign and chanting something over and over without having any actual explanation or evidence as to your claims is being an NPC.
Having a logical discussion sort of like what you stated in that argument you made is not.

Nobody is dismissing fact-based conversation from either side.


nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#18 2018-11-14 10:21:05

Yonanoke
Formerly Glaauber
From: Brazil, DF, Gama
Joined: 2015-07-07
Posts: 388

Re: US 2018 Mid-term election discussion

azurepudding wrote:

I've been trying to understand this NPC meme- is it purposely ironic?  Because it seems that whenever one lists some facts about why Trump is a terrible president, the facts are simply dismissed as "NPC talk" or "NPC scripts" without actually addressing the facts or countering them.  But I guess that's part of trolling, to make someone reasonable rage over unreason? 

It just feels that the hardcore Trump supporters (the average less informed can be excluded) are the actual NPCs, chanting the same phrases (scripts) he keeps brainwashing with.

>take seriously
>a meme
u should relax boi, its just simple humor, its just for humorous purposes. if you didnt like it, just ignore it; keep scrolling.


- Perfect 7 - Closed   MyAnimeList   In-game arts   Tell Me A Story - playlist

I'm probably sleeping now, you should sleep too.
Our memories will always belong to Everybody Edits

Offline

#19 2018-11-14 11:12:19

azurepudding
Member
Joined: 2016-11-18
Posts: 706

Re: US 2018 Mid-term election discussion

Master1 wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
Yonanoke wrote:

I've been trying to understand this NPC meme- is it purposely ironic?  Because it seems that whenever one lists some facts about why Trump is a terrible president, the facts are simply dismissed as "NPC talk" or "NPC scripts" without actually addressing the facts or countering them.  But I guess that's part of trolling, to make someone reasonable rage over unreason? 

It just feels that the hardcore Trump supporters (the average less informed can be excluded) are the actual NPCs, chanting the same phrases (scripts) he keeps brainwashing with.

I guess you didn't watch the full video he linked. If you go to 0:41 seconds you'll see exactly what the NPC meme is all about. It isn't for those expressing legitimate fact-based opinions as to why trump is bad. It's for those who continuously denounce everything he does without explanation.

Holding up a sign and chanting something over and over without having any actual explanation or evidence as to your claims is being an NPC.
Having a logical discussion sort of like what you stated in that argument you made is not.

Nobody is dismissing fact-based conversation from either side.

Nah I watched it, and I've been called an NPC a few times for simply bringing facts into a debate.. all dismissed as "scripts."  By your definition of NPC, I'm seeing far more of that on the right- "Why do you support Trump?" "Because he tells it like it is!" is a fairly common answer.. which means nothing.. as he lies on a daily basis..



Yonanoke wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

I've been trying to understand this NPC meme- is it purposely ironic?  Because it seems that whenever one lists some facts about why Trump is a terrible president, the facts are simply dismissed as "NPC talk" or "NPC scripts" without actually addressing the facts or countering them.  But I guess that's part of trolling, to make someone reasonable rage over unreason? 

It just feels that the hardcore Trump supporters (the average less informed can be excluded) are the actual NPCs, chanting the same phrases (scripts) he keeps brainwashing with.

>take seriously
>a meme
u should relax boi, its just simple humor, its just for humorous purposes. if you didnt like it, just ignore it; keep scrolling.

Well all memes have an origin, and there's a very serious brainwash effect happening here, except the meme is making it seem the other side is brainwashed.  It is kiiiinda serious since politics involve important decisions regarding the way we live.

Offline

Wooted by:

#20 2018-11-14 12:25:42

Yonanoke
Formerly Glaauber
From: Brazil, DF, Gama
Joined: 2015-07-07
Posts: 388

Re: US 2018 Mid-term election discussion

azurepudding wrote:

Well all memes have an origin

yes?

azurepudding wrote:

and there's a very serious brainwash effect happening here, except the meme is making it seem the other side is brainwashed

interpreter any way you want.

azurepudding wrote:

...It is kiiiinda serious since politics involve important decisions regarding the way we live.

no one is saying the opposit.

Last edited by Yonanoke (2018-11-14 12:26:22)


- Perfect 7 - Closed   MyAnimeList   In-game arts   Tell Me A Story - playlist

I'm probably sleeping now, you should sleep too.
Our memories will always belong to Everybody Edits

Offline

#21 2018-11-14 18:59:08

NorwegianboyEE
Member
From: Norway
Joined: 2015-03-16
Posts: 1,246

Re: US 2018 Mid-term election discussion

The NPC meme is dehumanization at it's finest.
That disgusting video is basically created by an smug Goebbels incarnate to further the political divide between ideologies and encourage violence.

The message this video is sending: "Oh have no worries fellow Republican "meme"ers! All your opposition aren't even HUMAN! They are just bots! This is a war between us: the super cool human and emotional PEOPLE VS the script NPC's. All liberals are literally just game characters! Go shoot them up sonny! Oh not literally, obviously we would "never" endorse such. Lot's of fine people on both sides after all!!"

It's not just a meme Yonanoke, it's akin to the RTLM radio used in the Rwandan genocide where the opposition were labelled as "cockroaches", and look how that ended. There's nothing funny about it. I't doesn't even succeed comically, i felt uncomfortable every second i forced myself through that video. I'm honestly shocked that this kind of content is polluting minds around the world.


L1dl6nb.gif

Offline

Wooted by:

#22 2018-11-14 21:10:17

Yonanoke
Formerly Glaauber
From: Brazil, DF, Gama
Joined: 2015-07-07
Posts: 388

Re: US 2018 Mid-term election discussion

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

The message this video is sending: "Oh have no worries fellow Republican "meme"ers! All your opposition aren't even HUMAN! They are just bots! This is a war between us: the super cool human and emotional PEOPLE VS the script NPC's. All liberals are literally just game characters! Go shoot them up sonny! Oh not literally, obviously we would "never" endorse such. Lot's of fine people on both sides after all!!"

the video (meme) in no time passes message of violence, "go shoot them up sonny!" are simply things that you distorted and created.
and at the end appears another person with the same design as the other npcs, who simply asks a question "why?"
this is the only moment when a person appears from the other npcs and yet, there is no message of violence at all.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

It's not just a meme Yonanoke

yes it is, some people will laugh, others wont, the humor is subjective, was simply made to laugh and i dont care if you didnt laugh.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

it's akin to the RTLM radio used in the Rwandan genocide where the opposition were labelled as "cockroaches", and look how that ended.

yes yes, a meme is extremely similar to a propaganda of genocides, you distorted the maximum possible, congratulations.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

There's nothing funny about it. I't doesn't even succeed comically

for you.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

i felt uncomfortable every second i forced myself through that video. I'm honestly shocked that this kind of content is polluting minds around the world.

then dont watch it, im not forcing anybody boi.


- Perfect 7 - Closed   MyAnimeList   In-game arts   Tell Me A Story - playlist

I'm probably sleeping now, you should sleep too.
Our memories will always belong to Everybody Edits

Offline

#23 2018-11-14 22:35:50

azurepudding
Member
Joined: 2016-11-18
Posts: 706

Re: US 2018 Mid-term election discussion

We really don't need this kind of meme in this age of brainwash.  We have Trump who incites violence constantly, as well as hate groups like the proud boys who literally tell right wingers to murder those who oppose trump.

This is getting really dangerous.  It might seem like "just for the lulz" to the less aware, but it's way more dangerous than you think.

Offline

#24 2018-11-15 02:06:27

Master1
Campaign Team
From: Crait
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 4,416

Re: US 2018 Mid-term election discussion

azurepudding wrote:

We really don't need this kind of meme in this age of brainwash.  We have Trump who incites violence constantly, as well as hate groups like the proud boys who literally tell right wingers to murder those who oppose trump.

This is getting really dangerous.  It might seem like "just for the lulz" to the less aware, but it's way more dangerous than you think.

I'm sorry, when does Trump ever incite violence? The only people I ever see inciting violence are those on the left who go out of their way to call everyone who disagrees with them racists, bigots, misogynists, fascists, homophobes etc. How is this behavior fine, but calling someone an NPC of all things isn't?

To dismiss someone else's opinions as brainwashing is honestly one of the most closed-minded, selfish remarks one could possibly make, and shows a lot about your character. I'm not brainwashed to like trump, honestly my main reason for supporting him is because nobody else does. Everyone sees what the media wants them to see and just goes with it. They see constant hate for the guy, so they jump on board and give it to him as well. I simply refuse to hate anybody, including trump, until I've at least met them myself and can form my own opinion through my own eyes.

I dare you to find an unedited full-length speech of trumps where he clearly calls for violence against anyone else. It doesn't exist, because the only time you see that is when it's taken completely out of context.


nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

Offline

Wooted by:

#25 2018-11-15 03:09:33

Zoey2070
Moderation Team
From: Shakuras
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 5,289

Re: US 2018 Mid-term election discussion

Master1 wrote:

'm sorry, when does Trump ever incite violence

not sure if joking or not but here u go:

https://youtu.be/WIs2L2nUL-0 for one


proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif ?type=loginstreak&name=zoey2070
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂
danke bluecloud cOtX1wh.gif rest in peace my dear lil crab teague. and fitzpatrick. i loved you a lot
🌈 Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif
uMccify.png buy my silence. permanently. for $350 a month i will stop.

Offline

Wooted by:
Master11543371140733530

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1558305598.4538 - Generated in 0.074 seconds, 10 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.7 MiB (Peak: 1.98 MiB) ]