Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-01 07:46:51

Joeyc

Halloween 3 Campaign thoughts and opinion

Soul Quest - Ravatroll

Tier 1    Medium
Hidden text
Happy Spookaween - Adood

Tier 2    Medium - Hard
Hidden text
Not Enough Skeletons - The Stream Team

Tier 3    Medium - Hard
Hidden text
EZ - Spooky Shack - EZ Crew

Tier 4    Medium - Hard
Hidden text
Wooted by:

#2 2018-11-01 09:25:52, last edited by Minimania (2018-11-01 09:42:03)

Minimania
Moderation Team

Re: Halloween 3 Campaign thoughts and opinion

The last world's in-game art is so jarring that my eyes started aching very quickly. The minis are not easy to read, some of them are harder than some of the minis you could find in Fractured Fingers. How this world is still Medium-Hard difficulty is beyond me.

EDIT: I just now completed the world with more deaths than I had at the end of my Nirthopia completion. For all intents and purposes, this world is Extreme Difficulty.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by:

#3 2018-11-01 10:52:46, last edited by Areno (2018-11-01 10:53:23)

Areno

Areno wrote:

My thought on the last level (Spooky Shack) from this campaign:
f14.jpg
Why it had to be an arrow-filled map?

Wooted by: (2)

#4 2018-11-01 14:02:20

daneeko

except that one of the minigames in soul quest is extremely confusing and looks impossible

UzI5nBc.png

Wooted by:

#5 2018-11-01 16:51:21

Freckleface

I honestly dont think my world deserved to be part of the campaign, but hey, free status!

At least the world isnt last on your list...

F

Wooted by:

#6 2018-11-01 17:21:26, last edited by Different55 (2018-11-03 17:09:27)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Let's give this campaign an special halloween review shall we?

Tier 1 by Ravatroll:
Gameplay is your standard fare Stagecrew slidey tunnels arrowmini map, though there is some attempt at variation with puzzles and some parkour jumps etc. Not too bad. Art looks neat, if not a bit intruding on the eyes while trying to decipher how to complete a minigame. Though i liked many of the interesting art bits like the golden egg "lightbulbs"and the cloud deco "soul ghosts" with eyes and everything. Overall, quite enjoyable due to it's amount of flavour.
Score: 9/10

Tier 2 by Rdood:
Surprisingly enjoyable to me, the art is ok and the gameplay has a lot of variety, making it fun to play almost the whole way through. The main problem is that the level has a lot of problems like: some portals are placed badly, some weird checkpoint placement, some bad minigames like the one where you need to time your jumps on timer blocks... etc. But overall it doesn't pull the level too far down imo. Good job level creator guy! You have potential!
Score: 7/10

Tier 3 by "The Stream Team"/Nou:
Luka504 told me this level was created by Nou while streaming a long time ago... I don't know what else to say but meh... It has quite a few bad minis with questionable design while the art is average at best. I'd probably complain extensively about this level if the next tier didn't completely overshadow this one with how bad it is. Which brings me to...
Score: 3/10

Tier 4 by "EZ crew"/Freckleface:
What a horrible map. The level is just terrible and plain unfun to play. It's close to extreme difficulty almost the whole way through, with confusing A F minigames that give no other explanation other than "hold space" yet it's ranked as a "medium/hard" level. It's like one of the copy/paste unoriginal levels from the Fractured Fingers campaign were thrown in just to bring down the quality of the campaign.
Basically the design of these sorts of levels can be summed up like this:
- Arrowpath minigames that were deemed "pro" by EX crew.
- "Pretty" minimap art that looks like a confusing mess ingame.
- 12-16 minis with some "wandering between the minigames" paths in between just to spice up the minimap funtimes.
Score: 2/10

Sorely disappointed by the lackluster last 2 tiers, the campaign team should have thrown in something else they'd find or maybe something more the style of my levels like "hotel horror" or "mental degradation". They have much more creative concepts and gameplay, not to mention they fit halloween. Why not find something like that instead of throwing in another one of those extremely uncreative "XX crew" worlds?
Are you hearing me Ravatroll + Kirby? :/

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by: (3)

#7 2018-11-02 04:25:03

azurepudding

I thought tier 3 was pretty solid.  There was just that one boost mini to get cyan team (first time) that was too finicky and uncomfortable on my fingers.  Luckily, there's a very helpful exploit to breeze past it.

Azure2.png

Wooted by:

#8 2018-11-02 05:23:56

HeyNK

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Let's give this campaign an special halloween review shall we?

Tier 1 by Ravatroll:
Gameplay is your standard fare Stagecrew slidey tunnels arrowmini map, though there is some attempt at variation with puzzles and some parkour jumps etc. Not too bad. Art looks neat, if not a bit intruding on the eyes while trying to decipher how to complete a minigame. Though i liked many of the interesting art bits like the golden egg "lightbulbs"and the cloud deco "soul ghosts" with eyes and everything. Overall, quite enjoyable due to it's amount of flavour.
Score: 9/10

Tier 2 by Rdood:
Surprisingly enjoyable to me, the art is ok and the gameplay has a lot of variety, making it fun to play almost the whole way through. The main problem is that the level has a lot of problems like: some portals are placed badly, some weird checkpoint placement, some bad minigames like the one where you need to time your jumps on timer blocks... etc. But overall it doesn't pull the level too far down imo. Good job level creator guy! You have potential!
Score: 7/10

Tier 3 by "The Stream Team"/Nou:
Luka504 told me this level was created by Nou while streaming a long time ago... I don't know what else to say but meh... It has quite a few bad minis with questionable design while the art is average at best. I'd probably complain extensively about this level if the next tier didn't completely overshadow this one with how bad it is. Which brings me to...
Score: 3/10

Tier 4 by "EZ crew"/Freckleface:
What a horrible map. The level is just terrible and plain unfun to play. It's close to extreme difficulty almost the whole way through, with confusing A F minigames that give no other explanation other than "hold space" yet it's ranked as a "medium/hard" level. It's like one of the copy/paste unoriginal levels from the Fractured Fingers campaign were thrown in just to bring down the quality of the campaign.
Basically the design of these sorts of levels can be summed up like this:
- Arrowpath minigames that were deemed "pro" by EX crew.
- "Pretty" minimap art that looks like a confusing mess ingame.
- 12-16 minis with some "wandering between the minigames" paths in between just to spice up the minimap fockage.
Score: 2/10

Sorely disappointed by the lackluster last 2 tiers, the campaign team should have thrown in something else they'd find or maybe something more the style of my levels like "hotel horror" or "mental degradation". They have much more creative concepts and gameplay, not to mention they fit halloween. Why not find something like that instead of throwing in another one of those extremely uncreative "XX crew" worlds?
Are you hearing me Ravatroll + Kirby? :/

Disagree. Hotel horror was a cool map until I realized it was just a **** invisible portal pixel hunt.

#9 2018-11-02 07:45:04

peace

azurepudding wrote:

I thought tier 3 was pretty solid.  There was just that one boost mini to get cyan team (first time) that was too finicky and uncomfortable on my fingers.  Luckily, there's a very helpful exploit to breeze past it.

yeah that mini was a bti hard until i was like yolo *gest itself stuck in endlesly touchign boosters* *holds space for whatever reason* *gets to cyan team* WAIT LOL WTF THAT WORKS?! LOOOOLLLL

for the rest of the map tier 3 was fairly easy to do but tier 4... im in it and hell needs new difficulty

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

Wooted by:

#10 2018-11-02 10:04:02

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

HeyNK wrote:

Disagree. Hotel horror was a cool map until I realized it was just a **** invisible portal pixel hunt.

What? It’s so much more than that. :v
It’s a puzzle exploration map, yes there are invisible portals, but they have hints on where their location are if you read the signs. Also if you get past the initial "find the hidden rooms" bit there are clever puzzles you need to solve that do not require looking for invisible portals!
You should try the level again and try to beat it, then give it a new evaluation! If you still hate it, that’s ok. At least you didn’t just leave.

Wooted by:

#11 2018-11-02 10:17:32

azurepudding

lol

self advertisement backfired.  OOF

Azure2.png

#12 2018-11-02 11:21:02

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

azurepudding wrote:

lol

self advertisement backfired.  OOF

How dare you have the audacity to blame me for self-advertisement? I would never!
Just check out my profile dood:
http://everybodyedits.com/profiles/?/norwegianboy

Not to mention my hotel horror level:
http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWpNnJl0nUbUI
Beta link for your convenience: http://beta.everybodyedits.com/games/PWpNnJl0nUbUI

This level is also really good, not too be bragging or shamelessly advertise or anything... but i do believe it might be close to ranking as the best level in EE hehe... (Name: Mental degradation)
http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWcRR4_x2Pb0I

Seriously dude, check out my profile, there’s some RAAAD content i’m telling ya! Tell all your friends to check it out and maybe leave a like and favourite or two? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Wooted by:

#13 2018-11-02 11:23:49

Luka504

HeyNK wrote:

It's really easy to **** on any world ever just by oversimplifying it to the point where you can't draw anything positive about it.
Hotel Horror is a fairly good level imo, it has interesting puzzles and I overall liked the concept of the level. I didn't like the huge amount of back-and-forth though, especially for the very last puzzle when you need to get to floor 5. The art isn't anything phenomenal, but it looks fairly solid and it doesn't distract you from your task.
Even though I really like the level, I'm not exactly sure if it's really campaign-worthy.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Wooted by: (3)

#14 2018-11-02 14:29:57

Helvi

Not enjoying the entire campaign so far. For me its just another case of "lets try to make everything unfun"

Hi.

Wooted by:

#15 2018-11-02 18:59:23

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

My favourite world in this Halloween trilogy is by far Chain Link Clamber by LICKAGOAT.

gLjTZE1.png

#16 2018-11-02 19:06:14

PTU
Formerly Pipec

campaign is ok imo

tier 2 sucks ok and probably tier 3 as well

reviews closed. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

M2my8OF.png M2my8OF.png M2my8OF.png

UUCFFj2.png UUCFFj2.png UUCFFj2.png

#17 2018-11-02 21:12:36

Nou

Not Enough Skeletons was built in ~8 hours time, without breaks, indeed while streaming. Obviously that doesn't produce the best results, especially the lack of testing while it has some puzzle elements

There's gotta be better levels out there.

Oh well

No u.

#18 2018-11-03 05:21:58

Minimania
Moderation Team

Nou wrote:

Not Enough Skeletons was built in ~8 hours time, without breaks, indeed while streaming. Obviously that doesn't produce the best results, especially the lack of testing while it has some puzzle elements

There's gotta be better levels out there.

Oh well

I was more thrown off by the gameplay itself than anything.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by:

#19 2018-11-03 20:45:31

Mariomaster

I swear, https://everybodyedits.com/games/PWkmxc85UlcUI could be a better level for #4 AND TNT campaign. It's literally **** one block spike jumps. In a row.

#20 2018-11-04 05:48:27, last edited by ILikeTofuuJoe (2018-11-04 05:49:30)

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

^One block spike jumps aren't that hard, just remember to never ever put hooks
EDIT: Especially hookloops

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

#21 2018-11-05 20:14:12

Filip2005
Website

Campaign is really bad. Review's closed //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

I am Filip and I like women.

Wooted by:

#22 2018-11-06 06:15:51

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

rip my fingers on not enough skeletons

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

ILikeTofuuJoe1541481351730691

Board footer