Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-09-17 20:52:58, last edited by Helvi (2018-09-17 20:53:34)

Helvi

master1 asked for opinions on campaign difficulty

Hi,

had a chat with Master1 on campaigns.
Master 1, speaking for the campaign team based on this current positon, believes that there are just not enough opinions and voices, people to speak up in order to create campaigns for the community.
Hence they try to make a mix of all - yet they refused to make a poll on themself or even ask people on their own. They just do and let things happen as they come.
Also,

Here are a few snippets from my conversation with master1, along with the intends of both of us to make a poll and ask people on their opinion on campaign difficulty and the way it should move on.

Please stay constructive and on topic all time

I start with my opinion which is that

-Current campaigns motivate and kinda direct the way many people create their maps which can be seen with the recent release of many rather boring spike centered maps and otherwise tedious and chore-maps.
-Adding creative, thoughtfully designed maps within campaigns helps to prevent this influx of "bad" maps and aids people rethinking their own maps and design approaches
-People do play super hard, extreme, insane difficulty rated maps, yet leave after 2-5 minutes with either being not interested at all, being frustrated or not feeling the incentive to commit to the grind.
-Filling the gap between basic maps and insane maps will eventually help the game to stay alive and vibrant due to a high variety of content created by everyone - hence Everybody Edits and not Everybody Ragequits
-Campaigns should serve as showcase for the pinnacle of ee-creativity only.

I suggest creating campaigns with unique, quality content only. Quantity should not be the goal of the campaign team.

c9lLVpl.jpg

Hi.

Wooted by:

#2 2018-09-17 20:58:16

Kira

Re: master1 asked for opinions on campaign difficulty

I'm more triggered about the picture's quality than the campaigns difficulty

Wooted by: (5)

#3 2018-09-17 21:15:47

Luka504

I'd love to see more easy and medium campaigns being added to the game, but I don't think that should come at the cost of extreme campaigns never being made.

They're not my cup of tea, but other people do like those levels and want them to be campaigned, so they could have a save system to make the world more doable. Is it really fair to take that away from them just because they make up the minority of the playerbase? I don't think so.

Frankly one can make the argument that easy campaigns shouldn't even be made. Since pretty much every player can beat them, it makes both the badge and the rewards seem less valuable. Do you see players proudly parading their tutorial badge in an unironic way?

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Wooted by: (5)

#4 2018-09-17 21:16:53

Vitalijus
Website

Can we release a basic-insane tutorial already with all the jumps https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

wn7I7Oa.png

#5 2018-09-17 21:46:31

Yonanoke
Formerly Glaauber
Website

I think what we need now, compaigns with new concepts, new gameplay, and i know is hard to find, but thats their job, find good worlds, new worlds, with new designs, arts and etc...
theres really no why to add compaigns like the technology one, because are just old worlds with old gameplays, and when you look right, job of compaigns which is give fun to players and inspire players to build too, is not working, the technology compaing you can have fun, nice, but and inspire players to build? theres nothing, the creative players which create worlds in ee now wants makes good worlds and want players to play it, but why they will make new worlds if most of times, the compaign curators/managers choose old worlds to put there? is just so desmotivate ee now, theres no why to build, theres no why to create world and adding too the limitation of game to create original worlds itself just pains me more.
i agree with you helvi, compaigns, at least the compaigns needs change.

In-game arts

友達をまだ忘れていません。
Our memories will always belong to Everybody Edits

Wooted by:

#6 2018-09-17 22:39:05

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

The reboot will need a bunch of easier campaigns - if it has campaigns - for all the new players who will supposedly join.

But it's a non-issue. Simply have a bunch of campaigns with a range of difficulties and styles, and you satisfy everyone.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#7 2018-09-18 04:39:45

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

more easy worlds for new players and for speeding through

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

#8 2018-09-18 06:31:43

Yu

My opinion on difficulty.

Easy - every player should be able to do these. Should not be challenging in the slightest and mainly serve as a scenic exploration outlet. I mean, it's called easy for a reason. Example: tutorial worlds, hopping over a gap with 1 or 2 spaces apart, non-key stairs

Medium - The "Normal" difficulty. Will have some areas that require practice and knowledge of skills. Should not be challenging, however it should provide some obstacles. Example: hopping on platforms with gaps between them (about 5 tiles apart, etc.) DO NOT: have arrow minis with multiple arrow /WASD inputs required [I recently did the Technology one with Easy-Medium and honestly some of the worlds were too complex.] The middle/final mini should pose a challenge but not on the level of Hard difficulty (somewhere right below it).

About 90% of the population should be able to complete a Medium world.

Hard: Challenging worlds with unique obstacles that will require unusally more practice than the norm. Substantially less players are able to complete these levels than Medium difficulty. Example: arrow minis with multiple phases/repetitions and/or multiple arrows/WASD inputs; timed minis on a fairly strict timer; long jumps.

Extreme: require an extraordinary amount of prowess and finesse. The tiniest mistake is enough to fail these. Example: tightly-controlled/spiked arrow minis, extreme-length consecutive jumps, minis requiring speed control, minis requiring an unusually high amount of arrow/WASD inputs, pixel-perfect minis

Wooted by: (2)

#9 2018-09-18 06:47:11, last edited by peace (2018-09-18 06:47:26)

peace

cant he just ask him self?! he has woords too if he has a question abotu opinions he ha sits own mouth to ask

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#10 2018-09-18 10:44:00

Helvi

peace wrote:

cant he just ask him self?! he has woords too if he has a question abotu opinions he ha sits own mouth to ask

It was not Master1's intention to do it himself or otherwise consider it an option. They were just doing their own thing.

mIZ01I5.png

Hi.

#11 2018-09-18 11:42:44

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

I've always been an advocate for more easy and medium campaigns which are intended for the newer players.

I'd also like to emphasise that easy campaigns don't have to have amazing art (neither in-game nor minimap), just good and interesting gameplay. This could be argued for all campaign difficulties but I think it should apply to campaigns primarily aimed at newbies especially because I feel like all these beautiful looking maps give a false standard to newbies of what their building skills should be like.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (3)

#12 2018-09-18 17:19:22

Minimania
Moderation Team

I'm not against extreme and insane campaigns existing, but... they should make up like... 5% of the campaigns, and the theme shouldn't just be "muh extreme worlds let's put them in a campaign".

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by: (2)

#13 2018-09-18 17:43:08

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

I would like more fun campaigns, campaigns with great replayable value which leave you wanting more, campaigns which you would love to do again, although these kinds of world are up to personal opinion.

gLjTZE1.png

#14 2018-09-19 05:29:00

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

I agree with adding medium worlds. Btw Daybreak is not a medium its a Medium-Hard or am I just too bad when I played it.

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

#15 2018-09-19 07:22:02

soniiiety

as the legendary saying is and will be"his levels are impossible"

#16 2018-09-19 07:24:00

peace

maby more meidum sotrey baded world or medium hard

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

peace1537338240725220

Board footer