Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2018-09-09 16:50:40, last edited by Trytu (2018-09-09 16:54:08)

Trytu

Re: Ask Me Anything 3 - Xenonetix

if you press button you'll obtain 100.000$, but EE/rEEboot domain, and all EE code'll be erased
would you press that button or not?

and why switches have to have ID number near them, and normal portals not!?

4puJMaQ.png
Thanks to Nikko99 for signature
https: //media.discordapp.net/attachments/402174325349941249/482121641745186816/KHiX2DEFewAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png
https: //i.imgur.com/YFtzyXA.png

#27 2018-09-09 17:56:23

peace

LukeM wrote:

I can answer some of these, so might as well //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Anatoly wrote:

As you move from PIO, what system will you use, how will the API look like, and will it support Swift, JS, ..?
We'll be making our own API most likely on top of WebSockets, at the start we'll probably only make a JS and a .net core API, but I guess either you could port it yourself, or we might make them for other languages in the future

Will you add "lifes", "guns", "monsters", etc. in EE Universe? Basically RPG possibility?
Pretty sure the answer to this is no, personally I would want to make sure that EEU stays close to its roots, rather than trying to be some completely different game //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Will the amount of maximal switch ids be increased to example 4 digits?
Idk, its definitely possible... there are 3 reasons that they are 3 digits currently: Firstly its hard to put lots of numbers in a 16x16 graphic (and we're going to 24x24 for the rEEboot so this will no longer be a problem), secondly in the current system the text is pregenerated, so internally there are 1000 copies of the switch block graphic, and increasing this to 10000 etc would probably result in a lot more RAM being used //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue, hopefully we can make a better system for things like this in EEU, thirdly is the data limit, and this is no longer going to be a thing in the rEEboot //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

With more layers, will you add condition blocks? ((If switches 9, 10, 11 are enabled and team is yellow or red) or deaths < 5)
Not sure about the rest of the staff, but I'm not a fan of 'combine these x blocks into one' suggestions... Personally I think it would be much better to have a simpler set of blocks which you use multiple of for more complicated features

just add a door where we can set what the requirements are exmaple get x coins x detahs switch 1 2 and 5 as for digit problem just use 1 simple ghrapic and use som sort of text from text block that is printed on top

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#28 2018-09-09 20:19:22

jozash

mathematically how many block can you jump over horizontally in ee

#29 2018-09-09 20:33:57

Anatoly

Mobile EE?

More players?

Like actually adding graphics community-suggested?

#30 2018-09-09 20:58:13, last edited by RailMat (2018-09-09 20:58:34)

RailMat
Formerly MatthijsFidder

will you add a reminder that you won't forget your daily login streak in the rEEboot when you've less than 6 hours left of your day left?

#31 2018-09-09 21:35:20

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Have you thought about adding more action blocks to EE in the reboot so it has more platforming features (i.e. moving platforms) since we will have another layer?

Also, will you add vision blockers to EEU ASAP so worlds which depend on visual effects (i.e. separate two boxes so you cant see the other) can be transfered to EEU ASAP?

gLjTZE1.png

Wooted by: (2)

#32 2018-09-09 22:03:57

ASDruska

can i have my shirt?

and does that north korean still play EE?

cringe ^
based v

#33 2018-09-09 22:16:18

LukeM
Website

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:
LukeM wrote:

in the current system the text is pregenerated, so internally there are 1000 copies of the switch block graphic, and increasing this to 10000 etc would probably result in a lot more RAM being used

why can't you just have 10 textures, 0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9, and then overlay them on top of every switch block? not sure how flash works but couldn't you do that?

Well you could, but I guess originally it was thought that that could be quite slow if there were a lot of them on your screen (~3x slower if you filled your screen with two digit coin doors), so they decided to go the pregenerated way. We will probably do something better for EEU though //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

peace wrote:

just add a door where we can set what the requirements are exmaple get x coins x detahs switch 1 2 and 5 as for digit problem just use 1 simple ghrapic and use som sort of text from text block that is printed on top

This was pretty much what Anatoly was suggesting wasn't it? It just sounds needlessly complicated to me, and makes them confusing to use... I'd much rather just use the blocks seperately...

#34 2018-09-09 23:12:20

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Hi all - I will get round to answering your questions, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Xenonetix-2.png

Wooted by: (3)

#35 2018-09-10 03:49:05

Andymakeer

configurable effects in the EEU?

F

Wooted by:

#36 2018-09-10 04:31:22

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

are you a bat?

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

#37 2018-09-10 04:52:45

Minimania
Moderation Team

exe version?

Also will there be acheivements on Steam

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#38 2018-09-10 06:31:35, last edited by Trytu (2018-09-10 06:34:16)

Trytu

minimania wrote:

exe version?

https://r.playerio.com/r/everybody-edit … yEdits.exe
it's the link, that you can find in https://everybodyedits.com/
that link like other useful links can be found on the bottom of the page "Download EXE"

ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:

are you a bat?

I think he isn't bat
bats live much less than 57 years
(maybe except batman)

4puJMaQ.png
Thanks to Nikko99 for signature
https: //media.discordapp.net/attachments/402174325349941249/482121641745186816/KHiX2DEFewAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png
https: //i.imgur.com/YFtzyXA.png

#39 2018-09-10 07:37:19

Anatoly

Trytu wrote:

bats live much less than 57 years

You want to say that xeno is over 25?

#40 2018-09-10 15:23:29, last edited by MWstudios (2018-09-10 15:23:37)

MWstudios

Who of your dev team is working on EEU and who on EE

Time before becoming a Member - Leaderboard
1. Whirl - 9 months
2. KirbyKareem - 8 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months
5. ILikeTofuuJoe - 1.5 months
giphy.gif Piskel is the best GIF maker I've seen
HG's signature for me - Anatoly's signature for me
The Mashed Potatoes Song - The longest post on EE forums - Play my Minesweeper

#41 2018-09-10 16:02:04

Anatoly

MWstudios wrote:

Who of your dev team is working on EEU and who on EE

"Who on your staff team works with future and who does nothing."

I guess everyone 50:50

Wooted by: (2)

#42 2018-09-10 22:38:39

soniiiety

are you an alien xeno?

#43 2018-09-11 00:17:30

AlphaJon

LukeM wrote:

and a .net core API

While I understand that a number of bots are written using .net, don't you think (the team as a whole) that this would unnecessarily eat development time away from other features? Especially with the game being made in web-based languages, which makes the .net API not needed for the core game.

I'll copy my question from another AMA:

Is there any plan for customizable blocks instead of being restricted to a smaller subset of the existing ones?

#44 2018-09-11 00:37:02, last edited by Xenonetix (2018-09-11 00:38:55)

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

TaskManager wrote:

next content update when?

when are we going to see more nice stuff on the rEEboot?

how's the weather at your location?

• Depends what you classify as "content". We're hoping to have the Lobby Overhaul released before the end of September! There may be some smaller updates before then.

• ByteArray will have the multiplayer tech demo up and running soon. Alpha Testers get to see more stuff earliest, Patrons get to see more stuff next, and then we show them on the forums.

• Varying hugely at the moment - One day it's a heatwave, the next day has a 10 minute downpour, but it's still hot. Today, it wasn't too bad, but completely overcast with light grey clouds.

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:

do you plan on adding more staff to the team

When we need them, yes. As the game grows, we're likely to need more staff as time goes on.

Zoey2070 wrote:

what is your honest opinion on duck stickers

Nonchalance.

Sticksam wrote:

When will the zombie doors/gates bug be fixed? https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/6/60/012_inquisitive

As far as I knew, this was fixed with the Team Door fix. Apologies if that's not the case, but I'm sure LukeM and/or Gosha could take a look into it.

eleizibeth wrote:

ee socks?

I experimented for quite some time yesterday with customizing socks on Teespring, but couldn't get them right. Still a possibility for the future.

Anak wrote:

What's your favourite music right now also are you more of an album person or a playlist person

I've been listening most to MDK's entire playlist recently, combined with sometimes listening to TheFatRat. Geometry Dash introduced me to them both, and I'm very glad it did.

I would say it's relatively equal between album and playlist. I certainly own a lot of albums, a lot of which I still listen to.

HG wrote:

What are your thoughts on volunteering for the game's development?

I greatly appreciate the volunteer staff we have now, so I would say positive thoughts. If you mean people volunteering to be staff, we usually approach the people we're interested in, and follow-up with an interview process before bringing them on as staff officially.

Xaddii wrote:

Who do you admire most in life?

That's a tough question. I'm a big fan of comedy, so there are definitely some comedians who have been a huge influence in my life, including Bill Bailey, Tim Minchin, Dave Gorman, Danny Wallace, and Richard Herring. Futurama is probably still my favourite TV series of all time, so I have to admire Matt Groening for all the work he's done over the years (and I did recently watch all of Disenchantment). Before he passed away, it may seem cliché, but I did admire Stephen Hawking a lot, just because he was not only incredibly smart and knowledgeable, but also had an amazing sense of humour. From a book point of view, Douglas Adams will most likely always be the author I admire most, which, as many of you know, is now reflected in Everybody Edits itself.

I recently realised how much Ben Walker has done to influence me without even knowing it, but I find it very unlikely any of you will know who he is.

Yonanoke wrote:

those suggestions will be added in reboot? if no, why? if yes, how?

Those are quite heavy questions, but we have discussed almost every suggestion listed in that thread. Some have already been implemented, many will be addressed in the Lobby Overhaul (and I know that Gosha has been experimenting with custom keybinding), and some just aren't reasonable within the current version of Everybody Edits. For Everybody Edits Universe, most of these suggestions simply won't transition, because the overall user experience will be improved.

KingN24 wrote:

Will we have a new effect in the next content update?

Whats your favorite Kirby character? (The series)

Will the Yellow Basic Block color look a bit more yellow in the future? Just a tad?

do you liek mudkips

• Probably not.

• Meta Knight's pretty epic.

• In Everybody Edits Universe, most likely.

• I herd u do.

ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:

are you an alien?
will you die?
are you an ant?
how often do you use god mode in other people's worlds?

• Might be.

• Might do.

• Might be.

• Not often - I like to play levels as they were intended to be played.

Whirl wrote:

Are you married
Do you has a girlfriend
Do you have kids

• No.

• Nope.

• Don't know... //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

peace wrote:

can i get to see the torunament rewards :o

You can already see the Bubble Aura on the tournament thread itself.

Pipec wrote:

1. Have you ever tried Czech food?
2. Would you ever wanted go to Czech?
3. Your favourite country?
4. Are you gonna never give up?
5. Would you rather eat canned soup or canned spaghetti for a week?
6. Favourite kind of fruit?
7. Your favourite number?
8. Number? It can't be your favourite.
9. Favourite RPG game?
10. Do you believe in afterlife?
11. Do you believe in end of world?
12. Dogs or Wolves?
13. Imagine you learning Czech, describe it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile
14. Pancakes or waffles?
15. Would you rather dance on public or sing on public?
16. Favourite letter in alphabet.
17. Terrifying moment irl?
18. Terrifying moment in EE?
19. Honest opinion on vision blockers please.
20. Favourite effect in EE?
21. Curse or Poison?
22. Spikes or Flames?
23. Duck Stickers???
24. Favourite block pack in EE?
25. Postman NPC?
26. PAIN. GO. HITS.
27. Will you bmbm?
28. Your opinion on a current campaign team. Can you trust them?
29. Is new hard-extreme campaign going to happen before EEU?
30. https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … p?id=42648
       https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … p?id=43762
Is this happening before EEU?

• 1. Don't know.

• 2. I wouldn't mind. If the opportunity presented itself for free, I wouldn't decline.

• 3. Favourite that I've visited was Sweden. The one I want to go to most is Iceland.

• 4. I presume I'll die some day. I'll probably have given up by then.

• 5. I prefer soup, but if it's the only source of sustenance, probably spaghetti.

• 6. Banana.

• 7. 7.

• 8. 42.

• 9. Kingdom Hearts II. For a long time, it was Dark Chronicle (Dark Cloud 2), and I really enjoyed Ni No Kuni more recently. Currently playing Final Fantasy Record Keeper and Final Fantasy Mobius.

• 10. My belief structure is too complex to answer here, but I don't follow any traditional religions if that's what you mean. I claim to be agnostic at best, but in the sense that I think you're suggesting, no, I don't believe in afterlife.

• 11. I mean, it's going to "end" eventually. I don't believe any Mayan prophecies.

• 12. Wolves.

• 13. Don't really understand the command you're giving here. I guess I would use a combination of online courses and audiobooks.

• 14. Pancakes.

• 15. Sing, but I've done both.

• 16. X.

• 17. I was in a car accident where the car literally span out of control at very high speed. I doubt I will ever forget that moment.

• 18. The moment the forums were stolen from Cyclone, and people came to accept them as the new forums.

• 19. Good concept at its core. Poorly suggested execution for implementation.

• 20. Speed.

• 21. Poison.

• 22. Flames.

• 23. Probably not.

• 24. Magic.

• 25. I own it.

• 26. Not a question.

• 27. No, I won't be your best man.

• 28. It's a solid team doing a great job. I trust Kirby to lead them, and I'm sure Kirby trusts them.

• 29. I find it unlikely. There certainly won't be another Extreme campaign. They may be more Hard campaigns.

• 30. I've wanted to have an NPC selector within the UI for a long time. That was actually planned to happen when we reduced it down to just showing the one NPC in the selection anyway, but technical difficulties came up, and then Gosha went on vacation, so it was put on hold.

Sqwairle wrote:

Can i be unbanned?

Yes, unless you're not talking about your main account.

Anatoly wrote:

As you move from PIO, what system will you use, how will the API look like, and will it support Swift, JS, ..?

Will you add "lifes", "guns", "monsters", etc. in EE Universe? Basically RPG possibility?

Will the amount of maximal switch ids be increased to example 4 digits?

With more layers, will you add condition blocks? ((If switches 9, 10, 11 are enabled and team is yellow or red) or deaths < 5)

Will you add Night vision (lights/darkness) and vision blockers?

Will you still have magic?

Will there be more easy campaigns?

Will Patrons be immune to kick?

Will you give everyone who was in EE to that time any special unique "EE Block"?

Will text block be given to public?

Will you keep the current EE Fonts?

• I think LukeM answered this one fine.

• Guns and monsters, certainly not at launch. As for Lives, it's something I've been considering myself a lot recently, but still relatively unlikely to come up at launch.

• We plan to increase to 9999 in Everybody Edits Universe. That won't be happening in Everybody Edits.

• Probably not. A lot of people have a lot of fun trying to work out ways to achieve those sorts of effects without such shortcuts. That being said, (and this isn't something I've spoken to staff about, so it is purely an idea at this stage), I do like the idea of a Keypad block, where you would have to enter a 4-digit code to activate certain actions (such as opening a door). It may be something we look into having in Everybody Edits Universe.

• In their simplest forms, no, but I do think that alternative "vision" options could be viable in Everybody Edits Universe.

• Possibly. We don't know at this stage.

• Ask the Campaign Team. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

• No?

• Not necessarily a block, but something. I have some ideas.

• Probably not.

• I find it unlikely - They're not the clearest fonts in-game right now, but I'm guessing it'll still be something that feels like it fits EE.

Trytu wrote:

if you press button you'll obtain 100.000$, but EE/rEEboot domain, and all EE code'll be erased
would you press that button or not?

and why switches have to have ID number near them, and normal portals not!?

• I would press that button, and use the money to rebuild from scratch.

• Players need to be able to see Switch IDs, and don't need to be able to see Portal IDs.

jozash wrote:

mathematically how many block can you jump over horizontally in ee

Depends on the speed you're going.

Anatoly wrote:

Mobile EE?

More players?

Like actually adding graphics community-suggested?

• We plan to launch a smartphone app, currently expected in late 2019.

• Yes please.

• We have already added some community-suggested graphics, and will be adding some more soon. SmittyW made the Bubble Aura for example.

RailMat wrote:

will you add a reminder that you won't forget your daily login streak in the rEEboot when you've less than 6 hours left of your day left?

Probably not, and daily logins may not work quite the same way anyway.

ZeldaXD wrote:

Have you thought about adding more action blocks to EE in the reboot so it has more platforming features (i.e. moving platforms) since we will have another layer?

Also, will you add vision blockers to EEU ASAP so worlds which depend on visual effects (i.e. separate two boxes so you cant see the other) can be transfered to EEU ASAP?

• Yes.

• Probably not in the way you're imagining, but perhaps something along those lines.

ASDruska wrote:

can i have my shirt?

and does that north korean still play EE?

• If you've ordered it, sure.

• Whoever it was didn't log in during August.

Andymakeer wrote:

configurable effects in the EEU?

I feel this question may be a little too vague, as we sort of have configurable effects now, but we'll see.

ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:

are you a bat?

I certainly seem to have sleep patterns similar to bats, so make of that what you will.

----------

Thanks to everybody who asked questions! See you in-game soon.

Xenonetix-2.png

#45 2018-09-11 01:14:38, last edited by LukeM (2018-09-11 01:16:16)

LukeM
Website

AlphaJon wrote:
LukeM wrote:

and a .net core API

While I understand that a number of bots are written using .net, don't you think (the team as a whole) that this would unnecessarily eat development time away from other features? Especially with the game being made in web-based languages, which makes the .net API not needed for the core game.

The actual game will be using HTML5, but the serverside stuff will still probably use .net, and although there will be some differences between the client side and the server side, it shouldn't be much extra work to add / change what's necessary to make a .net client API. (If it turns out that it would be, we'll probably leave it until later)

Wooted by: (3)

#46 2018-09-11 05:17:11

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

What is your favorite music?
What is yout favorite Geometry Dash music?
What is your favorite EE music?
What is your favorite world?
What is your favorite concept in a world?
What is your favorite EE block?
What is your favorite game other than EE?
What is the success rate of you doing a micro T-jump?
Are you magnetic?

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

#47 2018-09-11 06:13:16, last edited by Nebula (2018-09-11 06:14:02)

Nebula

>58
>isn't married or having kids

Well, there your chance wasted, bud

#48 2018-09-11 07:10:04

peace

uhm a lobby overhaul in the current version xen tell me more please what exaactly do you mean by overhaul and why make one in the end of the game era?

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#49 2018-09-11 10:49:45

RavaTroll

Whirl wrote:

>58
>isn't married or having kids

Well, there your chance wasted, bud

Xenonetix isn't 58 yo he is 74 yo

SNTDcGF.png Trolls be in da place, mon ! SNTDcGF.png

Wooted by:

PTU

#50 2018-09-11 11:02:56

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Sqwairle wrote:
ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:

What is your favorite music?
What is yout favorite Geometry Dash music?
What is your favorite EE music?
What is your favorite world?
What is your favorite concept in a world?
What is your favorite EE block?
What is your favorite game other than EE?
What is the success rate of you doing a micro T-jump?
Are you magnetic?

It's over, stop.

Most of them I already answered.

Xenonetix-2.png

TaskManager1536856031724464

Board footer