Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-17 06:58:32, last edited by cwearly1 (2018-08-17 07:33:35)

cwearly1

It's been 5 years since I last played...

Hi EE,

This post is going to be filled with anecdotes and memories, and a plea for the nostalgic...

I've been apart of online culture for almost a solid decade now, and just this night, not an hour ago, my brain decided to remember this relic of the beginning of the second decade in modern online history. (Okay that may have been a tad too poetic. Anyway.)

Last I remember, my first EE account was by the same name here- cwearly1

I am under no illusion that even one person will remember me. But if you have a screenshot, or do actually remember this one bouncing smiley face from over half-a-decade ago, hi! Long time no see!

From the in-a-really-old-harddrive-archives, I can directly say hi to:

Hidden text

If my memory serves me right, I either joined late-2010, or sometime in 2011- right as I was finishing up my last two years of high school. My most in-depth gaming experience for me was always Junk Jack (RIP that community), but this was actually my very first time diving into a world with other players.

I fondly think back to saving up to buy my first medium world (wow so much space!), and trying to make fun maps just to play in. Of course, being God was always the best, messing with anyone who stumbled into the world I was in.

I've done a quick look at what's happened to this little gaming community (and first was that I am surprised it's still around, considering how often these games disappear from the world). I see there's been slow years, new stuff always trickling in, holidays as always, but also a brand new team, essentially. I had always wanted to be a part of the EE team. Of course, I was too young and grossly inexperienced in anything technical, let alone creatively.

I had "re-envisioned" the game was back in 2013, where I had started my serious interest in pixel fonts, and tried mocking up a 'cleaner' version of the ones used in EE- just because. And of course making fun smileys, cause why not.

I'm not sure if it's possible to get access to my cwearly1 account- I expect it's either been lost, a server was broken, or more likely, a yearly clean-house where the inactive accounts were purged. That would the best, though, if somehow it was hidden away somewhere :)

Anyway... I'm not sure if I'm back(?), but hello again! I'm curious to hear and see what's happened in the 5-or-so years since I've been away.

-
PS, some im-gur links (didn't know about the spam filter)
/nVeQYar.png
/R99jpsn.png

-PPS
Alright, my gut was telling me I had the numbers wrong, and memories are always unreliable. Created in 2012, and I guess I logged back in 2015, but for the life of me I don't remember it. I guess it's like when you played in PE outside in kindergarten, and it felt like it lasted a whole summer.

#2 2018-08-17 07:17:33, last edited by Joeyc (2018-08-17 07:20:07)

Joeyc

Re: It's been 5 years since I last played...

Pretty sure they'll never do a spring cleaning, and your account will always be saved in the database.   http://ee.yonom.org/cwearly1 shows you all your stats

cwearly1 wrote:

Hi EE,

This post is going to be filled with anecdotes and memories, and a plea for the nostalgic...

I've been apart of online culture for almost a solid decade now, and just this night, not an hour ago, my brain decided to remember this relic of the beginning of the second decade in modern online history. (Okay that may have been a tad too poetic. Anyway.)

Last I remember, my first EE account was by the same name here- cwearly1

I am under no illusion that even one person will remember me. But if you have a screenshot, or do actually remember this one bouncing smiley face from over half-a-decade ago, hi! Long time no see!

From the in-a-really-old-harddrive-archives, I can directly say hi to:

Hidden text

also rip cause nobody on this list even plays anymore I think

edit: spongelito played once on august 10th of 2018

I'd recommend asking one of the staff members to get your details back as well //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#3 2018-08-17 07:51:47

cwearly1

Well, in what can only be described as the happiest day of the year so far... //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

I have my account, and I am now a Beta member(!). I had always wanted to support the game and team, but never had the luxury of extra money for such things.

But now, heck yeah!!

Now to figure out what the heck to do with all these new blocks, lol.

#4 2018-08-17 08:01:25

Bluecloud

Oh my God, I remember your username from the old days of ee, welcome back! There are quite a few new things to explore.

goodbye ee, i'll miss you

Wooted by:

#5 2018-08-17 08:18:25

Minimania
Moderation Team

The username sounds familiar, welcome back //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by:

PTU

#6 2018-08-17 10:34:00

soniiiety

cwearly1 wrote:

Well, in what can only be described as the happiest day of the year so far... //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

I have my account, and I am now a Beta member(!). I had always wanted to support the game and team, but never had the luxury of extra money for such things.

But now, heck yeah!!

Now to figure out what the heck to do with all these new blocks, lol.

welcome back matey its been a long time, prob don't remember me I am sonytv on ee and a guest on frist release ages ago with my sister

#7 2018-08-17 11:15:58

Gosha

Welcome back ?

Wooted by:

PTU

#8 2018-08-17 20:12:39

Koto

I might recognize the name, vaugely, but I interacted with 1000's of people from that era in EE (I'd stay up all day and be on EE quite often).

#9 2018-08-18 04:51:07

bunglybongle

WELCOME BACK TO HELL
     WELCOME BACK TO HELL
          WELCOME BACK TO HELL

#10 2018-08-18 12:18:14

kreacher

welcome back your name sounds a bit familiar but i wasnt as active then. good to see more players still playing ee

MQneHSv.png

Est. December 2010

#11 2018-08-18 12:44:32

Michele
Formerly AntonioS300

Why do you sound familiar? Have I met you?

Idler.jpg
XOsS4ha.gif

#12 2018-08-19 12:35:37

Anatoly

Screen_Shot_2018-08-19_at_13.34.06.png

^ Secret Code

#13 2018-08-19 23:06:47

cwearly1

Bluecloud wrote:

Oh my God, I remember your username from the old days of ee, welcome back! There are quite a few new things to explore.

Aw wow that's awesome! You just might be the only one who has actually met me before //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

minimania wrote:

The username sounds familiar, welcome back //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Hi! Thanks ^_^

soniiiety wrote:

welcome back matey its been a long time, prob don't remember me I am sonytv on ee and a guest on frist release ages ago with my sister

I do not, sorry. Glad to see veterans still playing!

Gosha wrote:

Welcome back ?

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Koto wrote:

I might recognize the name, vaugely, but I interacted with 1000's of people from that era in EE (I'd stay up all day and be on EE quite often).

Oh I know, this game was/is so cool. Lol, yeah there were hundreds of people in one world all the time back then.

Arizona0117 wrote:

WELCOME BACK TO HELL
     WELCOME BACK TO HELL
          WELCOME BACK TO HELL

Woo!

Michele wrote:

Why do you sound familiar? Have I met you?

Online... or IRL? It's possible, I've been everywhere online.

****secret****

#14 2018-08-20 04:57:25

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

nice to see old facessmileys back again!

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

#15 2018-08-20 20:08:23

cwearly1

ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:

Cheers //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

In other news... anyone able to give me a link to where I can see the (big) things that have happened since 5 years ago?

I mean I know there’s always new packs every year, and new smileys.

But like, the community stuff. Or I could spend an afternoon and just read the blog I guess.

#16 2018-08-20 20:11:26

Offensive Ray
Formerly omarabdulhaq

cwearly1 wrote:
ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:

Cheers //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

In other news... anyone able to give me a link to where I can see the (big) things that have happened since 5 years ago?

I mean I know there’s always new packs every year, and new smileys.

But like, the community stuff. Or I could spend an afternoon and just read the blog I guess.

Check Game Business.

#17 2018-08-20 20:56:59

cwearly1

Perfect, thanks //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Wooted by:
cwearly11534795019720661

Board footer