Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-03 21:24:21

azurepudding

Uses of Slow Effect

I know this has been suggested a few times already, but I wanted to make my own thread discussing the uses I see with a slow effect.

Compact Minis
Especially paired with the low jump effect, and with half tiles, there's potential here to create miniature minis, to fit that much more room within a world, without requiring larger worlds.

Music
Slow effect can allow more musical space by allowing slower songs without taking humongous space, and can allow a "slow play" mode if you want to listen to a slower version of a song.

Zombies, but without zombies
Whatever use the low jump of zombies can be replaced with a slow effect, so that players won't be killing or hindrancing each other if they come in contact.  (For example, like with music worlds)

Races
Either as a power-down or something everyone has, which could allow for more exciting platforming or obstacles as you'd have more than a second to react.  Big dots, climbables, and mud don't allow you to jump.

One point I've seen against this is that it can be used to annoy players.. like stacking slow and zombie on a long track of mud.  But.. it's a sandbox game, anything has the potential to be used badly.  Nothing's stopping a player from making a one block square spiral around a huge world filled with mud, but we still have mud.

There are likely other uses too, but I think there is enough to warrant implementation.  I mean, we essentially already have it in the form of zombies, so why not allow a spreadless version of it?

Azure2.png

Wooted by: (3)

#2 2018-08-03 22:24:47

Minimania
Moderation Team

Re: Uses of Slow Effect

Making humans as slow as zombies so zombies vs humans is balanced tho

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#3 2018-08-04 10:39:51

peace

yes slowness shoudl just be added

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#4 2018-08-04 16:34:26

Anatoly

minimania wrote:

Making humans as slow as zombies so zombies vs humans is balanced tho

Giving humans slow speed, but zombies fast speed //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Like in the movie “I’m legend” - zombies became mutants with fast speed //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Anatoly1533396866718091

Board footer