Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2018-07-25 16:58:50

peace

Re: Plans for Patreon!

Joeyc wrote:

Not saying nobody will pay 50 bucks to get the fake big spender. But if you really wanted big spender, I'd just get the one where you'll keep it forever.

hey xen maby an brand new smiley we can see in the shop and in shop we can choose to pay the bucks/month

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#52 2018-07-25 17:32:24, last edited by Guest. (2018-07-25 18:26:24)

Guest.

Here’s what I suggest:

FREE: Get monthly or so updates on development of the reboot

$2/mo: Access to Discord, more frequent dev updates

$5/mo: Access to Discord, more frequent dev updates + Icon next to your name ingame (like the GM icon)

$10/mo: Access to Discord, more frequent dev updates + Icon next to your name ingame (like the GM icon) + Smiley

$20/mo: Access to Discord, more frequent dev updates + Icon next to your name ingame (like the GM icon) + Smiley + Blockpack, closed alpha access (only when closed alpha is open)

$50/mo: Access to Discord, more frequent dev updates + Icon next to your name ingame (like the GM icon) + Smiley + Blockpack, closed alpha access (only when closed alpha is open) + modtext??? ?

All patrons have their names in a page on the site

This is my attempt at:
• Fixing prices to be more attractive
• Changing rewards to appeal to everyone more without being too expensive or tarnishing existing services
• Giving reassurance that this will be successful by providing updates for everyone so we know this isn’t vaporware

I hope you guys take this into consideration and if the final patreon was similar to this I would feel more comfortable supporting it

#53 2018-07-25 18:35:40

oxidizer

So if you pay the max amount you wont get the other options like, alpha access to the reboot, name color, join the discord.

#54 2018-07-25 18:46:17

LukeM
Website

oxidizer wrote:

So if you pay the max amount you wont get the other options like, alpha access to the reboot, name color, join the discord.

Patreon works in tiers rather than being set amounts you pay for certain things, so you automatically qualify for all previous tiers.

Wooted by: (2)

#55 2018-07-25 19:01:59, last edited by Xenonetix (2018-07-25 19:16:21)

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Ok, let's try to clear some things up! I realise people are worried about the general unknown of this endeavour, and those are understandable concerns. I'll try to clear some stuff up:

1. There will still be announcements and updates on these forums and to the public in general. There's also nothing stopping people within the Discord leaking information to the rest of the community. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

2. We're hoping the Discord will provide a fun and engaging official chat environment to the people joining it. Early teasers are a bonus of being a part of that community. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

3. For every tier, all previous tiers always apply. The items are not exclusive to the specific tiers described. Every tier receives access to the Discord.

4. Beta and Gold Membership will still be available in-game exactly the same as they are now. There will also be a new subscription system in the reboot, similar to Gold Membership, but simply no longer called "Gold", so as to not limit ourselves quite as much to "Gold" items, and it probably won't be called "Builders Club" either. This tier will continue to provide people with the current subscription in this version of the game, and the new subscription system in the reboot! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue - Not only that, if you get this option, you will receive 75 gems if you already have Beta, and gems equivalent to however much Gold Membership you have remaining if you already have Gold Membership.

5. If you go for the $10/month tier, the current plan for the username color is #FFFFE0, which is similar to what Emma mentioned in an earlier post. It's designed to be only slightly different to the current white, just as a way of thanking people for their support at this tier! It won't stand out as much as the staff colors. You will also be given 100 Gems to spend as you wish.

6. If you go for the $20/month tier, we plan to hold this voice chat at some point during weekends, as we know more people will be available at this time. We don't know yet exactly when this will be available, but this will be discussed with the people who have signed up for this tier so we can find a time which works best for as many people as possible. You will also be given 200 Gems to spend as you wish.

7. If you go for the $50/month tier, and you don't currently own the regular Big Spender, you will receive the regular Big Spender (permanently). If you already own the regular Big Spender, and go for this tier, you will receive 500 Gems. In both instances, you also receive the Special Edition Big Spender for as long as you continue supporting us through this tier. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

8. If you go for the Alpha Tier (price may still be adjusted), you will receive direct contact with me, and we can discuss the NDA. Following signing of the NDA, you will receive immediate access to the exclusive Alpha Discord, and you are likely to be updated on most of the plans the staff have for the current version of the game, as well as for the reboot. We would value your feedback over these plans, and you would be making a direct contribution to the future of the game! The NDA will continue to apply if/when you choose to no longer support this tier. You will also receive a Diamond!

9. If you currently own Beta in-game, you will be invited to the Closed Beta, and it doesn't matter whether you support the Patreon or not! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

10. These tiers are not set in stone, and we appreciate all the feedback people are giving! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Xenonetix_2.png

#56 2018-07-25 19:07:41

shadowda

i want that closed alpha... but sadly the only thing i'm going to be funneling money into for the next few years is college.

color = #1E1E1E       

latest?cb=20150604065609

#57 2018-07-25 19:24:30

peace

if you choos eot get the beta/gm wil lyou get pemrmanent gm not that it matters as my gm is pemrmanent until next year agust so ;p as for the name color you will not see it hjust give people the chioce in some bright colors that are likely as brihgt as pastel bg or even a little bit brigther i mean curetnly we have i think #EEEEEE and you want to make it #FFFFE0 i mean take a closer look at this:
BBBB trey to guess what is EEEEEE and what is FFFFE0

peace.png

#58 2018-07-25 20:23:11

Mait

peace wrote:

if you choos eot get the beta/gm wil lyou get pemrmanent gm not that it matters as my gm is pemrmanent until next year agust so ;p as for the name color you will not see it hjust give people the chioce in some bright colors that are likely as brihgt as pastel bg or even a little bit brigther i mean curetnly we have i think #EEEEEE and you want to make it #FFFFE0 i mean take a closer look at this:

no choice in colors, as xeno said: 

Xenoboi wrote:

It's designed to be only slightly different to the current white, just as a way of thanking people for their support at this tier!

We dont want rainbow colors in the players list, let's keep it that way. Atleast till the end of this era

Mait.jpg
Let's get to 5000.

#59 2018-07-25 20:32:56

Anak

If you pay the $250 tier Xeno will track you down and meet you in person to give you a physical edition of EE for PlayStation 2 and official soundtrack on reel to reel tape, and also a smooch if you're comfortable with it

#60 2018-07-25 20:40:08

Minimania
Moderation Team

Xenonetix wrote:

Ok, let's try to clear some things up! I realise people are worried about the general unknown of this endeavour, and those are understandable concerns. I'll try to clear some stuff up:

1. There will still be announcements and updates on these forums and to the public in general. There's also nothing stopping people within the Discord leaking information to the rest of the community. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

2. We're hoping the Discord will provide a fun and engaging official chat environment to the people joining it. Early teasers are a bonus of being a part of that community. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

3. For every tier, all previous tiers always apply. The items are not exclusive to the specific tiers described. Every tier receives access to the Discord.

4. Beta and Gold Membership will still be available in-game exactly the same as they are now. There will also be a new subscription system in the reboot, similar to Gold Membership, but simply no longer called "Gold", so as to not limit ourselves quite as much to "Gold" items, and it probably won't be called "Builders Club" either. This tier will continue to provide people with the current subscription in this version of the game, and the new subscription system in the reboot! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue - Not only that, if you get this option, you will receive 75 gems if you already have Beta, and gems equivalent to however much Gold Membership you have remaining if you already have Gold Membership.

5. If you go for the $10/month tier, the current plan for the username color is #FFFFE0, which is similar to what Emma mentioned in an earlier post. It's designed to be only slightly different to the current white, just as a way of thanking people for their support at this tier! It won't stand out as much as the staff colors. You will also be given 100 Gems to spend as you wish.

6. If you go for the $20/month tier, we plan to hold this voice chat at some point during weekends, as we know more people will be available at this time. We don't know yet exactly when this will be available, but this will be discussed with the people who have signed up for this tier so we can find a time which works best for as many people as possible. You will also be given 200 Gems to spend as you wish.

7. If you go for the $50/month tier, and you don't currently own the regular Big Spender, you will receive the regular Big Spender (permanently). If you already own the regular Big Spender, and go for this tier, you will receive 500 Gems. In both instances, you also receive the Special Edition Big Spender for as long as you continue supporting us through this tier. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

8. If you go for the Alpha Tier (price may still be adjusted), you will receive direct contact with me, and we can discuss the NDA. Following signing of the NDA, you will receive immediate access to the exclusive Alpha Discord, and you are likely to be updated on most of the plans the staff have for the current version of the game, as well as for the reboot. We would value your feedback over these plans, and you would be making a direct contribution to the future of the game! The NDA will continue to apply if/when you choose to no longer support this tier. You will also receive a Diamond!

9. If you currently own Beta in-game, you will be invited to the Closed Beta, and it doesn't matter whether you support the Patreon or not! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

10. These tiers are not set in stone, and we appreciate all the feedback people are giving! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

10 on your list makes me feel a bit relieved

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by:

#61 2018-07-25 21:23:36

peace

Mait wrote:
peace wrote:

no choice in colors, as xeno said: 

Xenoboi wrote:

It's designed to be only slightly different to the current white, just as a way of thanking people for their support at this tier!

We dont want rainbow colors in the players list, let's keep it that way. Atleast till the end of this era

yeah but do you see any diffrence who is gonna buy it if oyu dont see a **** diffrence only with nice eyes

peace.png

#62 2018-07-25 21:28:09

Lictor666

advertising yaya
for sure i'll pay

#63 2018-07-25 21:33:01

LukeM
Website

peace wrote:
Mait wrote:

yeah but do you see any diffrence who is gonna buy it if oyu dont see a **** diffrence only with nice eyes

I guess it could be slightly more saturated, but that difference is definitely noticable (at least on my screen)
Plus bear in mind these aren't supposed to be things you buy specifically for the rewards, the main reason should be to support the game.

Wooted by:

#64 2018-07-25 21:37:44

peace

LukeM wrote:
peace wrote:
Mait wrote:

I guess it could be slightly more saturated, but that difference is definitely noticable (at least on my screen)
Plus bear in mind these aren't supposed to be things you buy specifically for the rewards, the main reason should be to support the game.

yeah so is the main reason behind gems but you want to get somethign in return (like paying 2 cents for a gen while a gen cost 1 cent for ee they win a whole cent but you still got something for your suport) the name color could be a single color but atleast make it mor enoticeabler so people can actualy see youre suporting the game and or mabny you can give these people also an icon next to their nam elike gm users have now

peace.png

#65 2018-07-25 21:37:51

Wizard2002

In my opinion the Patreon should be setup in a way that fits with the new Reboot. This way people start fresh and Patreon doesn't get a chance to take away a perk that we've had for a long time. I don't know about you but as a Veteran of EE I've had Beta Access for a long time and for it to just be taken away would be just annoying. I have no good use for gems now really so the refund wouldn't be any good for me. So instead of giving or taking away perks now, wait until the new reboot to start the Patreon, everybody is starting anew and if they want to invest for a new perk they can, but at least then us other people won't loose anything from it.

The Derpiest Wizard there ever was //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

#66 2018-07-25 21:52:14

LukeM
Website

Wizard2002 wrote:

In my opinion the Patreon should be setup in a way that fits with the new Reboot. This way people start fresh and Patreon doesn't get a chance to take away a perk that we've had for a long time. I don't know about you but as a Veteran of EE I've had Beta Access for a long time and for it to just be taken away would be just annoying. I have no good use for gems now really so the refund wouldn't be any good for me. So instead of giving or taking away perks now, wait until the new reboot to start the Patreon, everybody is starting anew and if they want to invest for a new perk they can, but at least then us other people won't loose anything from it.

Nothing is being taken away from existing players, if you've already bought beta membership then we're not going to take that away from you, and they are still going to be able to be purchased in game as before, Patreon is just another way of getting them.
The reason for starting it now is so that the money can go towards funding things like server costs, which will be extra large at the start due to having both the current and new versions of EE running at the same time, so will not be covered by the current revenue from in game purchases.

Wooted by: (2)

#67 2018-07-25 22:05:44, last edited by Mait (2018-07-25 22:09:22)

Mait

peace wrote:
LukeM wrote:
peace wrote:
Mait wrote:

yeah so is the main reason behind gems but you want to get somethign in return (like paying 2 cents for a gen while a gen cost 1 cent for ee they win a whole cent but you still got something for your suport) the name color could be a single color but atleast make it mor enoticeabler so people can actualy see youre suporting the game and or mabny you can give these people also an icon next to their nam elike gm users have now

You're missing the point. Patreon isn't like a shop. You don't always get something in return from the creators. Many creators on patroon wont give jack**** and people still donate, because they belive in the creators. In this case i believe in Xeno, Gosha, LukeM , Byte[] and every single other staff member. IF  you want to donate, donate. It's not a marketplace for christs sake, it's a game made by people who have needs and wishes and they need to eat and sleep somewhere, just like us. Why do you give money to music artists on the streets? Because you know their life is not at it's highest point and they need to pay their weekly rent. In this case the rent is server rent or whatever it may be. If you really want to help, don't always ask something in return.

Mait.jpg
Let's get to 5000.

Wooted by:

#68 2018-07-25 22:15:45

Kkay
Formerly Kaydog99

Say we pay 20$ for we get 200 gems upfront or 200 gems everymonth

#69 2018-07-25 22:23:05

Vitalijus
Website

How will the close beta work exactly? Won't someone who has access to closed beta be able to let others download the game?

wn7I7Oa.png

#70 2018-07-25 22:28:40

Mait

Vitalijus wrote:

How will the close beta work exactly? Won't someone who has access to closed beta be able to let others download the game?

Secret code entitled to only you maybe ?

Mait.jpg
Let's get to 5000.

#71 2018-07-25 22:37:31

Loganyoshi

Looks like my mother will have to say goodbye to her credit card.

#72 2018-07-25 22:41:39

shadowda

just to be clear. will people who have beta in this ee get beta in the reboot. or will we have to purchase it again.

color = #1E1E1E       

latest?cb=20150604065609

#73 2018-07-25 22:43:06, last edited by hummerz5 (2018-07-25 22:44:52)

hummerz5

Vitalijus wrote:

to some extent, perhaps. But if it's still multiplayer, they can still require accounts. If suddenly someone has a spike ten times that of your next addicted user, you can safely bet they're up to something. It might be bots, but it's something.

shadowda wrote:

just to be clear. will people who have beta in this ee get beta in the reboot. or will we have to purchase it again.

sounds like we get the gem equivalent of beta. So, you have to "purchase" it again, but with gems you were given freely. ?

#74 2018-07-25 23:20:21

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

hummerz5 wrote:
shadowda wrote:

sounds like we get the gem equivalent of beta. So, you have to "purchase" it again, but with gems you were given freely. ?

After receiving Beta, you do not lose Beta under any circumstance (that I'm aware of). Anyone with Beta in the current version of Everybody Edits gets an invite to participate in the Closed Beta of the reboot.

It's currently too early to tell what the situation will be when it comes to inviting other players in the Closed Beta, but I doubt that will be available at the Closed Beta launch. When it reaches Open Beta, people can sign up whenever they like for free. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Xenonetix_2.png

#75 2018-07-25 23:42:02

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Xenonetix wrote:
hummerz5 wrote:
shadowda wrote:

After receiving Beta, you do not lose Beta under any circumstance (that I'm aware of). Anyone with Beta in the current version of Everybody Edits gets an invite to participate in the Closed Beta of the reboot.

It's currently too early to tell what the situation will be when it comes to inviting other players in the Closed Beta, but I doubt that will be available at the Closed Beta launch. When it reaches Open Beta, people can sign up whenever they like for free. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

i think they are talking about beta membership in the rEEboot (the smileys and blocks and beta-only worlds), not about closed beta access

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:
oxidizer1533597949718418

Board footer