Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-25 03:10:49, last edited by Xenonetix (2018-08-01 17:43:28)

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Plans for Patreon!

Hi Everybody!

So, we'd like to launch a new Patreon page for Everybody Edits in August - Let's address a few of the inevitable questions about this. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Why are you launching Patreon?

We have lots of exciting plans for the future of Everybody Edits, including some excellent plans for the reboot, but there are three key features we'd like to be able to fund:

• Maintenance - Primarily, this covers server and domain costs, as well as any potential necessary subscription plans (such as potentially PayPal Pro, which is currently what we plan to use for purchases in the reboot).

• Paying Staff - Our staff is working very hard completely voluntarily, and I would personally much rather be in a position to be able to pay them for their services!

• Advertising - This is where most of the budget is likely to disappear. Advertising is usually the most expensive part of any online project, and Everybody Edits is no exception. I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say we'd all like to increase the player base to have more people to play with in the long term!

Right now, we simply don't have the funds to make these things happen. At the moment, although we appreciate that gem purchases are slowly increasing, we are generally only just covering server costs for the current version of Everybody Edits, let alone covering costs to host the reboot.

Even though I didn't want to have to use a crowdfunding system, it feels like it may be the most viable way to continue to provide excellent content in future that we can all get excited about. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Why not Kickstarter?

Whilst Kickstarter is a great way to provide crowdfunding, we thought we could make it more rewarding for the players in the long run if we had regular crowdfunding, and Patreon is one of the best platforms out there to do that! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

What about Gold Membership?

We greatly appreciate the support provided from anyone who has decided to purchase Gold Membership, but prices were reduced drastically by previous staff to be only around $10 a year. Not only that, but Gold Membership is also often purchased with Gems earned by other means in-game, which means such a subscription system is not sustainable to fund the game. As such, and as can be seen below, we plan on providing an alternative way of getting Gold & Beta Membership! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

What's in it for us?

Glad you asked! Here are the current plans for the Patreon, and we'd like your feedback over what other rewards you may be interested in, or whether you'd be happy with the rewards we'd be offering!

• $2/month - Official EE Patreon Discord Access! - We plan to include teasers to upcoming content!
    ~

• $5/month - Beta Access & Gold Membership! - If you already have Beta Access and/or Gold Membership, we'll provide reimbursement in the form of gems if you go for this option! Beta Access also includes access to the Closed Beta of the reboot planned for January 2019! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile (Beta is permanent no matter if you continue supporting this tier or not. You can still get Beta and Gold in EE as it is now too!)
    ~

• $10/month - Special In-Game Username Color! - This is a uniform single color for everyone signed up to this tier! We'd be interested to hear which color the majority of you would be interested in. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
    ~

• $20/month - A monthly group voice chat with me (Xenonetix) to discuss upcoming plans and feedback! - This is likely to take place in a special area within the Patreon Discord.
    ~

• $50/month - A special exclusive edition of the Big Spender! - Kenitya's working on this. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
    ~

• $100/month - Closed Alpha access for the Everybody Edits reboot, along with access to an exclusive Alpha Discord! - This is most likely going to be the only way to receive access to the Closed Alpha, other than being staff. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue - If you sign up for this tier though, you will be required to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement in order to participate. Following the launch of the Closed Beta, further benefits will be available to you with continued support. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool
    ~

• $250/month - ??? - We know what this is, but not ready to announce what it is yet. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink - I also have my doubts many people, if anyone, will sign up for this tier, but it would be an amazing investment in the future of the game if you do!

We'd love to hear your feedback!

~ Everybody Edits Staff ~

More Information

Xenonetix-2.png

#2 2018-07-25 03:17:57

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

Re: Plans for Patreon!

Ok. Though Im not paying

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

#3 2018-07-25 03:20:29

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:

Ok. Though Im not paying

Which is fine! We're aware most of the community won't be in a position to support us through Patreon, and will still keep all the regular free access to stuff they get now. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Xenonetix-2.png

Wooted by: (3)

#4 2018-07-25 03:22:12

Kira

Isn't 50$ per month and upwards robbery? As much as the game needs funding, this is no small amount.

If you want my personal opinion, I don't think a lot of players will adhere to this program especially because the majority of the community are still students.

In-game username color? Let's not turn this game into discord, I beg you. It's already confusing to have several colors.

With that said, I will support this patreon. Even if a measly 5 dollars a month can help, count me in.

Wooted by: (5)

#5 2018-07-25 03:23:23

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

Nobody will but Closed Alpha right after the Patreon is lauched because thats just wasting money and it clearly said $100/month which means you lose it after a month.

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
#Joe Griffin
Signature

#6 2018-07-25 03:35:24

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

250$ a MONTH?
I thought about 20$ would be maximum!
If anyone pays above that i’d like to see it.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by:

rat

#7 2018-07-25 03:39:56

Minimania
Moderation Team

That's a lot of money o.o

Before, you have to pay 50 bucks for the big spender, but now you gotta pay 50 a month for the new one? Jeez

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#8 2018-07-25 03:40:07

Anak

Very cool to see you guys getting into Patreon! I've seen lots of people from different backgrounds and mediums using it and it's served them all well. Unfortunately I'm not in a position financially to support this right now but I'm sure you'll find success in it! (:

Wooted by: (5)

#9 2018-07-25 03:44:35

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

$1,000 a year is way better $250 a month. Maybe there should be a $--/year option.
So it would be:
$15/year - Official EE Patreon Discord Access!
$45/year - Beta Access &Golden Membership
$100/ year - Special In-Game Username Color!
$
200/year - A monthly group voice chat with Xenonetix
$500/year - A special exclusive version of the Big Spender!
$1000 - Closed AphAccess for the Everybody Editfs reboot!
$2500/year - ???

#Joe Griffin
Signature

#10 2018-07-25 03:50:52

Minimania
Moderation Team

Really though, I'll do my best to get the money for one of these tiers, I'm sure, because I do really love this game, and would like to see it get somewhere.

21cZxBv.png

#11 2018-07-25 04:30:10

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:

Maybe there should be a $--/year option.

Patreon doesn't have per year options, and I'm not really expecting anyone to actually pay $250/month, but if anyone were to choose to be generous enough to do so, we would want to make sure they're rewarded well!

Further to what Kira mentioned earlier, these tiers are all designed to be appreciative rewards for helping us out, and nothing awarded is designed to directly affect the overall gameplay experience of Everybody Edits. For example, we're not going to release an exclusive action block for anyone supporting us on Patreon. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

That being said, these tiers are still subject to change, and that's one of the reasons I'm announcing them in advance of the actual Patreon launch. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Xenonetix-2.png

#12 2018-07-25 05:28:51

MWstudios

Xenonetix wrote:
  • $50/month - A special exclusive edition of the Big Spender! - Kenitya's working on this. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

0m4H16l.png

Time before becoming a Member - Leaderboard
1. Whirl - 9 months
2. KirbyKareem - 8 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months
5. ILikeTofuuJoe - 1.5 months
giphy.gif Piskel is the best GIF maker I've seen
HG's signature for me - Anatoly's signature for me
The Mashed Potatoes Song - The longest post on EE forums - Play my Minesweeper

#13 2018-07-25 05:44:12

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

The $250 per month should be Closed Alpha + Mod only Text Decorations

#Joe Griffin
Signature

#14 2018-07-25 05:56:07

PTU
Formerly Pipec

ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:

I don't think Labels will be able to use in rEEboot either.
Why would it be called "staff-only"?
You can always ask for some, but please for dear god, don't ask it to be for everyone.

M2my8OF.png M2my8OF.png M2my8OF.png

UUCFFj2.png UUCFFj2.png UUCFFj2.png

#15 2018-07-25 05:58:35

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

Pipec wrote:
ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:

I don't think Labels will be able to use in rEEboot either.
Why would it be called "staff-only"?
You can always ask for some, but please for dear god, don't ask it to be for everyone.

Its their choice to add labels the rEEboot or not

#Joe Griffin
Signature

#16 2018-07-25 06:12:19, last edited by Guest. (2018-07-25 07:31:34)

Guest.

we've seen literally nothing of the reboot so far so i think launching this before we know whether or not development has even started yet is a bad idea

for all we know this money could go straight down the drain depending on the outcome of the reboot's development so i'm gonna have to pass

hoping you at least push this back to when we actually get to know or see anything about the reboot

EDIT: also most of these tiers are not worth it tbh

i dont wanna pay $50 monthly for another measly smiley or have another confusing name color

#17 2018-07-25 06:38:40

Vitalijus
Website

$250/month - ??? - We know what this is, but not ready to announce what it is yet. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink - I also have my doubts many people, if anyone, will sign up for this tier, but it would be an amazing investment in the future of the game if you do!

Let me guess you get every smiley and block pack there is or get a exclusive smiley / block pack that you could get only before game launch?

wn7I7Oa.png

#18 2018-07-25 06:40:28

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

Probably not

#Joe Griffin
Signature

#19 2018-07-25 06:42:07

Minimania
Moderation Team

Vitalijus wrote:

$250/month - ??? - We know what this is, but not ready to announce what it is yet. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink - I also have my doubts many people, if anyone, will sign up for this tier, but it would be an amazing investment in the future of the game if you do!

Let me guess you get every smiley and block pack there is or get a exclusive smiley / block pack that you could get only before game launch?

Builder's Club 2018

21cZxBv.png

#20 2018-07-25 06:43:16

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

Nobody wil buy that

#Joe Griffin
Signature

#21 2018-07-25 08:08:56

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

the $250 tier is waaaaaay more exciting than y'all thinking tbh

if things go as good as we're hoping... oh boy you don't EVEN know

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Wooted by:

#22 2018-07-25 08:12:48

Minimania
Moderation Team

Zoey2070 wrote:

Well, now that you say that, I'll put a little more faith into it

21cZxBv.png

#23 2018-07-25 08:14:05

dcomet

Zoey2070 wrote:

it's owner access

1xxoWGb.png
X6pVnTA.png
@MAMETCHl on twitter for the pfp artist, @snuffyowo on twitter for the character drawn in the pfp.

#24 2018-07-25 08:14:20

Kkay
Formerly Kaydog99

So basically people who have had beta for years just lose it because you're making it subscription based now, pls don't do that honestly worse then the 3$ just for chat

also don't make in game username colors, I'd rather be able to read chat then know tod payed you guys 10 bucks for a pink username color, I mean good on tod but for real

a lot of the tiers are stupid and need changes

Wooted by:

#25 2018-07-25 08:16:47, last edited by MWstudios (2018-07-25 08:18:24)

MWstudios

I thought EE isn't a pay to win game...
Oh well it isn't, but I meant the reboot
And also, were in EE silver crown doors before or are they ripped off from EBE

Time before becoming a Member - Leaderboard
1. Whirl - 9 months
2. KirbyKareem - 8 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months
5. ILikeTofuuJoe - 1.5 months
giphy.gif Piskel is the best GIF maker I've seen