Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#2 2018-07-22 15:46:30

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Re: EE or Reboot?

I’m not sure i agree with the way you use the terms "EE" and "reboot" like they are entirely different entities. Aren’t they supposed to be interchangeable? Also why are you asking like it’s already clear and decided what the supposed "reboot" will look like? I think it’s too early to ask this kind of question when it is yet to be finished, nor presented with an clear vision by the staff.
You can’t know which one you prefer at this point. To what extent it should retain it’s current features would be an better question.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by: (3)

#3 2018-07-22 16:44:59

Anatoly

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

I’m not sure i agree with the way you use the terms "EE" and "reboot" like they are entirely different entities. Aren’t they supposed to be interchangeable? Also why are you asking like it’s already clear and decided what the supposed "reboot" will look like? I think it’s too early to ask this kind of question when it is yet to be finished, nor presented with an clear vision by the staff.
You can’t know which one you prefer at this point. To what extent it should retain it’s current features would be an better question.

Do you want to lose all your rooms? Do you want to lose everything?

#4 2018-07-22 16:48:32

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

Anatoly wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

It's your choice to quit EE, not ours.

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

#5 2018-07-22 16:51:24, last edited by Nebula (2018-07-22 16:51:40)

Nebula

I agree with choice #2, on EE I have is just world mess

#6 2018-07-22 17:32:11

Anatoly

ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:
Anatoly wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

They will close EE, don't you undestand? Everyone will quit.

#7 2018-07-22 18:20:09

Kira

Anatoly, I am pretty confident the community already grasped what reboot implies, it has been explained multiple times by Xenonetix on various topics.

As much as I would like to keep my worlds, we shouldn't be stuck on the past. Instead, we should do what's right and do what it takes to improve the game, even if there are repercussions. They can't please everyone.

Wooted by: (2)

#8 2018-07-22 18:36:15

Luka504

Anatoly wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

If the reboot is successful and we stop struggling to have 100 players online at a time, then losing all your worlds is worth the cost. I'd be willing to throw all my worlds in a fire if it means that a reboot of EE can thrive.
Heck, they aren't even really lost, you can still save them. Just remake them in the reboot, or maybe even make an entirely new world with the same idea.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Wooted by:

#9 2018-07-22 18:41:14

Mait

Anatoly wrote:
ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:
Anatoly wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

They will close EE, don't you undestand? Everyone will quit.

Not everybody fam chill

Mait.jpg
Let's get to 5000.

#10 2018-07-22 22:50:17, last edited by azurepudding (2018-07-22 22:51:07)

azurepudding

Luka504 wrote:
Anatoly wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

If the reboot is successful and we stop struggling to have 100 players online at a time, then losing all your worlds is worth the cost. I'd be willing to throw all my worlds in a fire if it means that a reboot of EE can thrive.
Heck, they aren't even really lost, you can still save them. Just remake them in the reboot, or maybe even make an entirely new world with the same idea.

on the other hand, if we're struggling to maintain 100 now, would throwing away thousands of created worlds benefit the game?  like I only see that frustrating players who lose their work and then we'd have less worlds to play, and don't see that helping with attracting new players.

edit: also "just remake them"... yeah, that's a LOT of work.

Azure2.png

Wooted by:

#11 2018-07-22 22:55:14

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Screw the old worlds. I don't see people playing them anyway.

Make new ones and leave the past where it belongs.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#12 2018-07-22 23:30:41

azurepudding

Tomahawk wrote:

Screw the old worlds. I don't see people playing them anyway.

Make new ones and leave the past where it belongs.

add offline world search to ee?  for example, someone wants to play mario themed worlds, so they type in "mario" and get a whole long list of worlds they can play. 

And my point was, starting fresh will probably only lose players than gain more.  EE's been having a hard time bringing in new players and with same management, would probably be just as hard attracting new players to the reboot.  So best possible scenario, reboot will be just as active as EE now.  A lot of people are probably going to stick with EE, because that's where nearly 10 years of hard work and memories are.  "Screw the old worlds" is a lot easier to say when you haven't spent dozens of hours building worlds.

Azure2.png

#13 2018-07-22 23:41:46

Luka504

azurepudding wrote:

on the other hand, if we're struggling to maintain 100 now, would throwing away thousands of created worlds benefit the game?  like I only see that frustrating players who lose their work and then we'd have less worlds to play, and don't see that helping with attracting new players.

It mostly depends on how the staff makes and advertises the game. If they do a poor job, then yes, deleting every single world would just beat the dying horse known as EE even harder.
However, what other choice do we have? Just letting EE slowly lose its fanbase as it coughs up the last few pennies of revenue before it dies? But hey at least we'll have a lot of worlds that we can play with 80% of our CPU being eaten. That makes it worth it, right?
You're going to lose your worlds either way. You're more or less just delaying that inevitability by not endorsing the reboot.

Wooted by: (2)

#14 2018-07-22 23:44:01, last edited by Minimania (2018-07-22 23:44:22)

Minimania
Moderation Team

Behold, a living breathing example of a jump to a new engine from flash to unity without having to delete everyone's data,

Something I still strongly believe EE should've done

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#15 2018-07-23 02:35:33

den3107

I'm missing the option: I want reboot, idc what happens with original EE.

#16 2018-07-23 06:14:38

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

Say goodbye to your worlds one last time in March

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
#Joe Griffin
Signature

#17 2018-07-23 09:57:00

Mait

Luka504 wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

It mostly depends on how the staff makes and advertises the game. If they do a poor job, then yes, deleting every single world would just beat the dying horse known as EE even harder.
However, what other choice do we have? Just letting EE slowly lose its fanbase as it coughs up the last few pennies of revenue before it dies? But hey at least we'll have a lot of worlds that we can play with 80% of our CPU being eaten. That makes it worth it, right?
You're going to lose your worlds either way. You're more or less just delaying that inevitability by not endorsing the reboot.

Usually i dont agree with Luka5 , but this time hes 100% right. I mean imagine we're in the rome age and people are fighting to their deaths and we are the spectators? I mean it's a bad example but ofcourse the old maps are fun but it doesnt mean that we should be stuck to them. We have wasten alot of time to these maps some more some less but let's take this as a fresh start. And anybody who says ''ooohooho boohoo everybody will quit the new ee'' bih think again

Mait.jpg
Let's get to 5000.

#18 2018-07-23 11:25:55

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

Mait wrote:
Luka504 wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

Usually i dont agree with Luka5 , but this time hes 100% right. I mean imagine we're in the rome age and people are fighting to their deaths and we are the spectators? I mean it's a bad example but ofcourse the old maps are fun but it doesnt mean that we should be stuck to them. We have wasten alot of time to these maps some more some less but let's take this as a fresh start. And anybody who says ''ooohooho boohoo everybody will quit the new ee'' bih think again

Umm... Problem. They will probably still quit EE after all your talking. They think the staff have to move their worlds. These people will definately quit EE after the reboot because they'll find out that their hard working worlds were all deleted

#Joe Griffin
Signature

#19 2018-07-23 16:39:59

Luka504

ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:

Umm... Problem. They will probably still quit EE after all your talking. They think the staff have to move their worlds. These people will definately quit EE after the reboot because they'll find out that their hard working worlds were all deleted

Again, you're going to lose your worlds anyway. Either we sacrifice our worlds for a potentially better and more successful game, or EE eventually dies because no new players are coming to the game to replace the ones that are leaving. Both cases lead to all of your work being lost. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Wooted by:

#20 2018-07-23 17:36:57

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Holy **** your worlds will be GONE ANYWAY when FLASH DIES. You can either (hardly) play some levels until 2020 when Flash is finally plugged off or endorse the reboot and play new levels / some old levels reuploaded with a bot without any performance issues. People dont like playing EE because flash sucks, deal with it. It is just delaying the inevitable.

Stop thinking for shortcoming benefit, stop living the moment, leave the cult of the instant pleasure and think about the future, think ahead.

gLjTZE1.png

Wooted by: (4)

#21 2018-07-23 18:16:35

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

Luka504 wrote:
ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:

Again, you're going to lose your worlds anyway. Either we sacrifice our worlds for a potentially better and more successful game, or EE eventually dies because no new players are coming to the game to replace the ones that are leaving. Both cases lead to all of your work being lost. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

I don't mean that I'll quit EE or anything like that. But Seriously though, by 2019 some of us will quit EE, right? They are the ones that only cares about the current life, they do not want to lok forward into a new era of EE. They think if their hard works are gone because of EE going to a new era, it's all the staff's fault. But it isn't. I mean, Flash would be dead by 2020 right? It is completely pointless to try and get stuck in this current era of EE, the Flash era. Why not move on to HTML5? Like, HTML5 won't die any time soon, but Flash will. So why trap yourself in a world about to end when you can move on to the next?

#Joe Griffin
Signature

#22 2018-07-23 18:40:47

Mait

ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:
Luka504 wrote:
ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:

I don't mean that I'll quit EE or anything like that. But Seriously though, by 2019 some of us will quit EE, right? They are the ones that only cares about the current life, they do not want to lok forward into a new era of EE. They think if their hard works are gone because of EE going to a new era, it's all the staff's fault. But it isn't. I mean, Flash would be dead by 2020 right? It is completely pointless to try and get stuck in this current era of EE, the Flash era. Why not move on to HTML5? Like, HTML5 won't die any time soon, but Flash will. So why trap yourself in a world about to end when you can move on to the next?

Thats what were doing. And we are creating even a better game. Why are we still discussing this?

Mait.jpg
Let's get to 5000.

#23 2018-07-23 18:43:26

Minimania
Moderation Team

Mait wrote:
ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:
Luka504 wrote:
ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:

Thats what were doing. And we are creating even a better game. Why are we still discussing this?

I provided an example of a website earlier that swapped over from flash to unity and that website managed to get all of its data over to its reboot without having to delete any of it. I know for a fact that it's a possible and probable thing to do, yet people still want to claim that such a move is impossible and I don't get it.

21cZxBv.png

#24 2018-07-23 23:10:40

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

minimania wrote:
Mait wrote:
ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:
Luka504 wrote:
ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:

I provided an example of a website earlier that swapped over from flash to unity and that website managed to get all of its data over to its reboot without having to delete any of it. I know for a fact that it's a possible and probable thing to do, yet people still want to claim that such a move is impossible and I don't get it.

A lot of worlds would be broken if they moved it anyways, so why do that?

#Joe Griffin
Signature

#25 2018-07-24 00:30:31

Minimania
Moderation Team

ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:
minimania wrote:
Mait wrote:
ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:
Luka504 wrote:

A lot of worlds would be broken if they moved it anyways, so why do that?

This could be easily fixable if players could add their own blocks to EE (skins and such, not action blocks)

21cZxBv.png

ILikeTofuuJoe1532478084715878

Board footer