Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-12 12:26:47

BasicNet
Banned

C# Tutorial

basic commands.

Those commands can help you to start write the bots for Everybody edits.;)

Also planned to make a DETAILED tutorial how to write the connect bot code for everybody edits for new bot makers //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile:):)

#2 2018-05-12 12:27:51, last edited by TundrumMax (2018-05-12 12:36:36)

TundrumMax
Formerly Memomemo

Re: C# Tutorial

glad you made a tutorial

now for someone to make a javascript tutorial

pls

I can speak by breathing in but it sounds like a dying horse

TundrumMax.png

Signature by HG

#3 2018-05-12 12:32:20

BasicNet
Banned

Memomemo wrote:

glad you made a tutorial

now for something to make a javascript tutorial

pls

My skills arent professional :d. Java is a bit hard for me. But i keep move and move. When i learn java, ill immediately make a tutorial //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile :]

#4 2018-05-12 12:56:21

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

ASM tutorial please?
I could fancy reading one on these forums.

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

#5 2018-05-12 13:09:33, last edited by LukeM (2018-05-12 13:12:50)

LukeM
Website

Overall I think it was a good tutorial, but there are quite a few terminology mistakes:

Firstly, you say that Console.ReadKey reads your code. This is not the case, it just pauses the code until you press a key (which it returns).

Secondly, you say that Console.Clear clears your code, and after that a new screen is created. This also is not the case, it clears the text from the existing console, it doesn't make a new one.

I just thought that I would explain further how the 'code' and the 'console' work:

• Your code is read line by line, and whenever it gets to something like Console.WriteLine it puts that text at the cursors position in the console, then moves to the next line.

• When it gets to an input like Console.ReadKey, it waits until you press a key before it continues running the code.

• When it gets to Console.Clear, it fills the console with spaces, then moves the cursor back to the top left corner.

• When it reaches the end of your code, the console is closed.

This explains a few things:

• You need the Console.ReadKey because otherwise the code is run so fast that the window closes before you can read the output. It's not that it isnt put there when you don't have it, it just disappears too fast to see it.

• The reason the colours are acting weird is that the colour is only used for new characters, so in the top example, the console is created with normal colours, then you set the colour, so only the new text is cyan. You then call Console.Clear, which fills the console with coloured spaces (so the 'background' is now cyan), then call Console.ResetColor, so only the new text has the normal colour.

Wooted by: (2)
LukeM1526126973706192

Board footer