Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-21 10:36:41

Crocodiler
Brand New Member

"Switchier" Switches

You already know the normal switches. The purple and the orange ones. But what if you could add a new type of switches? So i've had a idea for a new switch type. "multi-switch" is what I call it. you can suggest other names if you want to. Back to my idea. The multi-switch should come in the normal form and in the global form (just like the other 2 switches). The special thing about the multi-switch tho is that you can switch it more than 1 time. Let's say you have the multi-switch equipped and can then set how many times you can switch it. Example : You set the switch count to 3. You hit the switch and the gates/doors open/close. You hit it again and then the gates/doors that got opened/closed before get closed/opened and then other gates/doors open/close. And if you hit the switch again it repeats. Then you hit it again and it starts from the 1st gates/doors you opened/closed before. I hope you should get it now. Anyways that was just a idea i had in mind and wanted to post it. Hopefully you liked my idea!

It's coffee time //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#2 2018-03-21 12:29:31, last edited by LukeM (2018-03-21 12:30:29)

LukeM
Website

Re: "Switchier" Switches

You can already do this fairly easily with multiple switches (if you want it to fit into a one block space then you can just use a portal to take you to a small switcher thing and back)

YNcmO8U.png
(at least I think this is what you mean //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue)

Wooted by:

#3 2018-03-21 15:16:39

Anatoly

This brings me the following idea: Switches that can be switched only once.

Wooted by:

#4 2018-03-21 17:57:54

Kirby

AnatolyEE wrote:

aren't those coins

#5 2018-03-21 18:03:14

Anatoly

Kirby wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

aren't those coins

But here every switch could still have it's own id. You're right. Those are coins, but with identity. The problem in coins would still be that the order of collection doesn't affect anything. But here you could build systems where the order of these "one time switches" would be important.

#6 2018-03-21 21:11:38

Xfrogman43

AnatolyEE wrote:
Kirby wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

aren't those coins

But here every switch could still have it's own id. You're right. Those are coins, but with identity. The problem in coins would still be that the order of collection doesn't affect anything. But here you could build systems where the order of these "one time switches" would be important.

a switch with a one-way in front of it?

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#7 2018-03-21 22:47:33, last edited by Slabdrill (2018-03-21 22:47:55)

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

AnatolyEE wrote:
Kirby wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

aren't those coins

(de)activator buttons?

suddenly random sig change

Wooted by:

#8 2018-03-22 14:12:29

Anatoly

Slabdrill wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:
Kirby wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

aren't those coins

(de)activator buttons?

No.

A switch has an id. But this switch can be switched only once. Example: You got a switch at position A with the id 1, and a switch at position B with the id 1.

Once the switch at position A is touched, the switch with the id 1 gets activated.
Once the switch at position B is touched it deactivates switch id 1.

If you go back to A you can’t activate it anymore.

#9 2018-03-22 16:11:00

peace

AnatolyEE wrote:
Slabdrill wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:
Kirby wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

aren't those coins

(de)activator buttons?

No.

A switch has an id. But this switch can be switched only once. Example: You got a switch at position A with the id 1, and a switch at position B with the id 1.

Once the switch at position A is touched, the switch with the id 1 gets activated.

sounds nic ehow to reset this?

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#10 2018-03-22 16:26:11

Anatoly

peace wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:
Slabdrill wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:
Kirby wrote:

aren't those coins

(de)activator buttons?

No.

sounds nic ehow to reset this?

The only way to be a switch of the same id on another place (another switch of the same id) or the reset point,

#11 2018-03-22 16:29:31

Guest.

i feel like the game fails at this already, but we shouldnt add features that can easily be done with pre-existing features

Wooted by: (2)
Guest.1521732571700089

Board footer