Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-16 20:27:55, last edited by Anatoly (2018-03-21 21:00:14)

Anatoly

Timer, Votes, Tags

I couldn’t find the topic, so:

⚜️ Add [TIMER] - which basically counts till a moment

⚜️ Add Timing for auto-lock/ Open of topic’s. Could be useful for Mafia or temporary polls/discussions.

⚜️ Polls, Votes: Self-explanatory.

⚜️ Tags. Tag a topic to find it faster. Useful for bot worlds, prevents multiply topics (a bit)

? Staff Tags. Staff can tag a topic to prevent useless questions. Bug Reports: Fixed; Suggestions: Denied, Accepted, Seen; ...

⚜️ Before releasing a topic, let forums check if a similar topic exists and show the typos {?}

⚜️ When starting writing a post, remember current time. Before releasing the post, and some new messages came during this time, show the message before confirming post.

? Isolation for every topic finally.

⚜️ Off-Topic Sub-Board (HG correct my terms) for Scientific discussions.

? Silent Edit: (a) First one hour, (b) Unless somebody else posts after you.

#2 2018-03-16 20:43:44

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Re: Timer, Votes, Tags

AnatolyEE wrote:

Add [TIMER] - which basically counts till a moment

Decent idea. Would prevent a lot of timezone confusion, but it's already to possible to say stuff like "three days from now at this time" which can be understood easily.

Add Timing for auto-lock/ Open of topic’s. Could be useful for Mafia or temporary polls/discussions.

Not sure if this would be worth doing since Mafia games already require manual locking for lynches, and polls and discussions generally don't need such strict timers.

Polls, Votes: Self-explanatory.

This would be nice, and a lot less abusable than off-forum polls.

Tags. Tag a topic to find it faster. Useful for bot worlds, prevents multiply topics (a bit)

I really like this. It would make certain types of topics a lot easier to find, plus the Game Suggestions and Graphics Suggestions sections could be combined since they're basically the same thing.

Before releasing a topic, let forums check if a similar topic exists

Not sure how possible this would be.

When starting writing a post, remember current time. Before releasing the post, and some new messages came during this time, show the message before confirming post.

I want this, but it should be optional. Plus, some error message like "this topic was locked" would be nice in case you try to post on a topic that recently got locked.

Isolation for every topic finally.

Yes please.

Off-Topic Sub-Board (HG correct my terms) for Scientific discussions.

I don't see why this is needed since there aren't many scientific discussions here.

#3 2018-03-16 21:29:01

Guest.

AnatolyEE wrote:

what

Wooted by:

#4 2018-03-16 21:30:23

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Jet wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

what

⚜️ OFF-TOPIC SUB-BOARD (HG CORRECT MY TERMS) FOR SCIENTIFIC IDISCUSSIONS.

Wooted by:

#5 2018-03-16 21:30:52

TundrumMax
Formerly Memomemo

AnatolyEE wrote:

When starting writing a post, remember current time. Before releasing the post, and some new messages came during this time, show the message before confirming post.

**** does this even mean

I can speak by breathing in but it sounds like a dying horse

TundrumMax.png

Signature by HG

#6 2018-03-16 21:36:54

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Memomemo wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

**** does this even mean

Before you submit a post, a message appears showing new posts made since you started writing it.

#7 2018-03-16 21:37:47

TundrumMax
Formerly Memomemo

N1KF wrote:
Memomemo wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

**** does this even mean

Before you submit a post, a message appears showing new posts made since you started writing it.

I really don't see why this is necessary

I can speak by breathing in but it sounds like a dying horse

TundrumMax.png

Signature by HG

#8 2018-03-16 21:41:33

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Memomemo wrote:
N1KF wrote:

I really don't see why this is necessary

It would be helpful for those who want to keep up-to-date on a topic. When I miss a new post I want to respond to, it means I either have to double-post (which is against the rules in this case), edit my post (which is inconvenient), or wait until I get a chance for somebody else to post (which is also inconvenient). This would be especially helpful in Mafia games.

#9 2018-03-17 08:13:40

Anatoly

I’d still like to get an admins’ reply.

#10 2018-03-17 08:57:43

Offensive Ray
Formerly omarabdulhaq

AnatolyEE wrote:

Didn't you read this topic?
Staff said they'll be replying as soon as possible when they have a time to reply, they wouldn't reply immediately always, if you're waiting from a staff to reply then PM him on forums instead of saying that in public.

#11 2018-03-17 16:01:56

Anatoly

Oray wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

Didn't you read this topic?
Staff said they'll be replying as soon as possible when they have a time to reply, they wouldn't reply immediately always, if you're waiting from a staff to reply then PM him on forums instead of saying that in public.

DUDE

THAT TOPIC IS IN GAME DISCUSSION.

IT’S YOUR TOPIC IN GAME DISCUSSION!!!

WELCOME TO THE HAILED FORUM DISCUSSION

#12 2018-03-17 16:05:47

LukeM
Website

Wooted by:

#13 2018-03-17 16:09:10

Anatoly

Diff is not speaking from the entire staff.

#14 2018-03-17 16:15:15, last edited by LukeM (2018-03-17 16:17:09)

LukeM
Website

AnatolyEE wrote:

Diff is not speaking from the entire staff.

Diff is the only one that can actually add things to the forums though, so is the one that would need to see your suggestions

#15 2018-03-18 12:04:09

Anatoly

We also need Staff tags! In other words a staff tags a topic (maybe in another color?)

For Suggestions it could be “Denied”, “Seen” and “Accepted”
For Bug Reports “Fixed” and “To Fix”
For ... could be ... .

Basically like in ProBoards but make it better.

#16 2018-03-21 20:59:34

Anatoly

Added Silent Edit, because it’s already wanted and useful. It should only be allowed during one hour after posting/ or until somebody else posts after you.

#17 2018-03-21 21:28:39

LukeM
Website

AnatolyEE wrote:

Added Silent Edit, because it’s already wanted and useful. It should only be allowed during one hour after posting/ or until somebody else posts after you.

Silent edit? I guess you mean editing without the 'last edited' thing?
I don't see why you would need this... The last edited message doesn't really have any disadvantages, and if its not there it could confuse people who read something different earlier.

#18 2018-03-21 22:21:00

Guest.

AnatolyEE wrote:

this sounds like a feature that people who cant use the forums right use to attempt to look like people who can use the forums right

Wooted by:
Guest.1521667260699986

Board footer