Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-23 02:23:54, last edited by IanJanes (2018-01-23 17:32:06)

IanJanes

My thoughts on Graphics Suggestions

Well I guess since I have an unpopular opinion I am sort of a bad person, and this is really annoying me. When I was told this community was toxic, I didn't expect it to be this bad. You all just did what I did, and still complain about it. Now I suppose no one will view, or respond to my topics now due to a bias. Just open your eyes for once and come into everything with fresh eyes, don't be insolent due to your own grudge with someone. I don't hate anatolyEE I just wanted to point out the flaws in his topic, but that was too much for everyone to handle. like my other topic, everyone just flies off the rails. Acts immature, and are generally acting straight up idiotic. I can't tell if you guys are kids, or adults who can't let go of their childhood. Sometimes it's easier to move on, and not take it out on someone else.

Please

After a bit a browsing around on this sub-forum I'd like to offer some advice, and criticism. To begin, I have to be honest and say a ton of these suggestions are utter trash. No thought put into them, or any real purpose. Unfortunately the few people who do make alright suggestions develop bad images themselves, or lack any at all. I think the worst offender here is AnotolyEE's graphic suggestions, as this topic is filled with redundant, poorly produced, and copy/ paste content.  Most of his suggestions are just re colors of existing blocks, and are just pointless in nature. Now anotolyEE don't take this personally. We all start somewhere, and for you this seems to be the starting point.

This is an example of what this sub forum is, boring, unoriginal, and cheaply made content. many topics are made just to suggest a joke, or to merely create a post. (Doing something just to do something, Such as talking to hear yourself talk) This to me is quite an annoying trait around here, and has contributed to a semi- toxic environment. With no real suggestions, and the ones that are real are just garbage. I am not going to discourage the posts here, especially since this is a neat idea for a forum. But I personally want to say that this is virtually a suto- **** central.

My idea to perhaps revive this part of the forum is to encourage time and effort put into posts, enforcing anti-****. The community helping topic creators more often, and to not allow text suggestions without one's own drawing.

-With pleasure, Ian

<Download this image and make it your avatar, repent from unique avatars!
3640.jpg?m=15483497583640.jpg?m=15483497583640.jpg?m=1548349758

Wooted by:

#2 2018-01-23 04:59:42

KingN24

Re: My thoughts on Graphics Suggestions

IanJanes wrote:

After a bit a browsing around on this sub-forum I'd like to offer some advice, and criticism. To begin, I have to be honest and say a ton of these suggestions are utter trash. No thought put into them, or any real purpose. Unfortunately the few people who do make alright suggestions develop bad images themselves, or lack any at all. I think the worst offender here is AnotolyEE's graphic suggestions, as this topic is filled with redundant, poorly produced, and copy/ paste content.  Most of his suggestions are just re colors of existing blocks, and are just pointless in nature. Now anotolyEE don't take this personally. We all start somewhere, and for you this seems to be the starting point.

This is an example of what this sub forum is, boring, unoriginal, and cheaply made content. many topics are made just to suggest a joke, or to merely create a post. (Doing something just to do something, Such as talking to hear yourself talk) This to me is quite an annoying trait around here, and has contributed to a semi- toxic environment. With no real suggestions, and the ones that are real are just garbage. I am not going to discourage the posts here, especially since this is a neat idea for a forum. But I personally want to say that this is virtually a suto- **** central.

My idea to perhaps revive this part of the forum is to encourage time and effort put into posts, enforcing anti-****. The community helping topic creators more often, and to not allow text suggestions without one's own drawing.

-With pleasure, Ian

Let me explain a few things.

First off, THIS DOESNT BELONG IN GRAPHICS SUGGESTIONS

Secondly, I understand where your coming from, but I currently feel sorry for AnotolyEE for being the main person in this topic. Its rude to call someone's art redundant and poorly produced. They are trying their best.

Thirdly, Why did you post this in the first place?

(Extra: WHAT IS THAT ICON JEEZ. PULL UP THE SHIRT M8)

Heya.

banner.png

#3 2018-01-23 05:32:24

IanJanes

KingN24 wrote:
IanJanes wrote:

-With pleasure, Ian

Let me explain a few things.

First off, THIS DOESNT BELONG IN GRAPHICS SUGGESTIONS

Secondly, I understand where your coming from, but I currently feel sorry for AnotolyEE for being the main person in this topic. Its rude to call someone's art redundant and poorly produced. They are trying their best.

Thirdly, Why did you post this in the first place?

(Extra: WHAT IS THAT ICON JEEZ. PULL UP THE SHIRT M8)

Ayy, Perhaps you are right about where it belongs. But don't tell me off without providing advice, such as It could be in forum discussion. Also AnotolyEE isn't my focus on this topic, I just wanted to make an example of him. And when I state most of his art, I mean their are a few exceptions.
Also I feel the need to get things off my chest that bother me, and I want to offer advice. So this is almost a venting, and suggestion. But I can understand what you mean!

Also If you have an issue with my icon, open up the image Url and block it with your routers web-filter.

-With warm thoughts, Ian

#4 2018-01-23 05:35:58

Minimania
Moderation Team

"Make an example of him"?

If you're looking for a way to increase the quality of content in Graphics Suggestions, calling the suggestions themselves utter trash is the opposite way to go. Being "made an example of" tends to discourage people from continuing things like that. Another thing I'd like to point out; art is not objective. You can make arguments that you see the same suggestions over and over again, but in the end it all just comes down to your opinion, and if you're looking to change your opinion, you need to change yourself first.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#5 2018-01-23 05:43:15

IanJanes

minimania wrote:

If you're looking for a way to increase the quality of content in Graphics Suggestions, calling the suggestions themselves utter trash is the opposite way to go. Being "made an example of" tends to discourage people from continuing things like that. Another thing I'd like to point out; art is not objective. You can make arguments that you see the same suggestions over and over again, but in the end it all just comes down to your opinion, and if you're looking to change your opinion, you need to change yourself first.

I think you pointed out the flaw in my post, and that is awesome! It is always nice to have feedback on something like this, and for me to develop as a person! I couldn't agree anymore with your point, So I hope you can at least understand mine.

-With regards, Ian

#6 2018-01-23 05:46:59

Minimania
Moderation Team

IanJanes wrote:
minimania wrote:

I think you pointed out the flaw in my post, and that is awesome! It is always nice to have feedback on something like this, and for me to develop as a person! I couldn't agree anymore with your point, So I hope you can at least understand mine.

-With regards, Ian

I can understand where you're coming from. I respectfully disagree in a few ways

also as an aside who is that in your avatar anyway?

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by:

#7 2018-01-23 05:59:19

azurepudding

you speak of toxicity but

IanJanes wrote:

I think the worst offender here is AnotolyEE's graphic suggestions, as this topic is filled with redundant, poorly produced, and copy/ paste content.

yep, there it is.  We do not need you here doing this.

Azure2.png

#8 2018-01-23 06:00:06

IanJanes

minimania wrote:
IanJanes wrote:
minimania wrote:

-With regards, Ian

I can understand where you're coming from. I respectfully disagree in a few ways

also as an aside who is that in your avatar anyway?

Well If we are referring to the character, I have no clue. I found this post on deviant art, and thought It would make for a nice icon!
https://deadleaf10000.deviantart.com/ar … -197447565

-With grace, Ian

#9 2018-01-23 08:06:05

peace

IanJanes wrote:

-With pleasure, Ian

make your own **** ghrapics then dont complain about other nice ghrapic suntil you made them your eelf those ghrapics form like anatoly zyhrols (sorry if i sspeel name wrong) and kreacher are very good also these form latif and dont forget latif AN USE WHO POSTED GHRAPICS HERE made the winterpack do u like that pack? otr hate it? in my opinion the pack is nice in overal

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

Wooted by:

#10 2018-01-23 10:38:55

Latif

Not really convincing.

It's better to never say any name when you're talking in general. Like KingN24 said, it's very rude.

Your expectations also make no sense. You can't just force people to make better graphics. Most people make graphics for fun, and they don't even have much experience with graphics. It's not like all graphics have be added to the game. In fact, community graphics are very rarely being added to the game. If you don't want 'trash' graphics in this subforum, then try making some good graphics yourself //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

> should be moved to forum discussion too

Wooted by:

#11 2018-01-23 10:49:06

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

You didn’t need to call Anatoly out like that. Not cool. You didn’t even say anything constructive, just pure insult and criticism followed by the notion that he shouldn’t take it personally.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (4)

#12 2018-01-23 10:49:56

Gosha

I wanted to take some good graphics for my ee javascript remake
I had to scroll to the beginning of the forum because in recent years there is only trash with one or two good looking graphics

#13 2018-01-23 11:01:03

TundrumMax
Formerly Memomemo

This forum category is for graphic suggestions, not people who don't want "bad ideas" in here.

You can't stop people from doing what they want, besides, how the hell are they supposed to know what is good and what is bad? I made a suggestion for programmable blocks, with at least average graphics, and although people think its a bad idea, I don't think it's a bad idea. People get more freedom from doing what they want.

You can't control what people make or do, it's just not right. So next time you whine about "how bad the graphic suggestions are", think about what they think the block should be used for.

With regards, TundrumMax.

I can speak by breathing in but it sounds like a dying horse

TundrumMax.png

Signature by HG

Wooted by:

#14 2018-01-23 13:34:50

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Try making some graphics of your own and post them here. If you end up feeling any sort of pride for what you’ve made, you’ll understand how hurtful it is to label someone’s work as “utter trash”.

How can a person get better at graphic design than by practicing? This forum’s great at harsh, unconstructive criticism, which you’ve just added to, but if it were to offer useful suggestions and encouragement then we’d have more people making more graphics and hence more good graphics suggestions.

You should apologise to Anatoly, who gets enough hate as it is, and rethink your original post. You’ve offered criticism upon criticism with no helpful advice whatsoever, and have ironically just become part of the “semi-toxic environment” you identified.

-With regards, grace and moderate contempt, Tomahawk

P.S. Take a look at your profile picture if you need an example of utter trash. That doesn’t belong in here and neither do your words.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by:

#15 2018-01-23 14:18:20

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

this feels like a **** from 3018
interesting
you joined forums less than a month ago and are already trying to give us a precious "advice"
go make your own graphics why don't you

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by: (2)

#16 2018-01-23 15:25:54

hummerz5

hi! I guess I'll move this to forum discussion

I have to second the pointing out the irony here. "y'all are making a toxic environment... oh on an unrelated note all y'all's art is utter trash. happy to help!"

on that note guys please don't make this into personal attacks more than it has been. just saying

Wooted by: (2)

#17 2018-01-23 15:58:14, last edited by IanJanes (2018-01-23 16:53:09)

IanJanes

hummerz5 wrote:

I have to second the pointing out the irony here. "y'all are making a toxic environment... oh on an unrelated note all y'all's art is utter trash. happy to help!"

on that note guys please don't make this into personal attacks more than it has been. just saying

Thank you for pointing out this, I'm not sure if anyone understood my point here. If you agree or not is different, but I do agree with the fact that this is ironic in a toxic nature.

Also to make this clear, I understand this topic could be considered a personal attack. I just wanted to point out the most prominent topic, I do like some of his work though... so don't get me wrong.

-with regards, Ian

#18 2018-01-23 15:59:49

peace

hummerz5 wrote:

can you just c;lose this

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#19 2018-01-23 17:26:04

IanJanes

Tomahawk wrote:

Try making some graphics of your own and post them here. If you end up feeling any sort of pride for what you’ve made, you’ll understand how hurtful it is to label someone’s work as “utter trash”.

How can a person get better at graphic design than by practicing? This forum’s great at harsh, unconstructive criticism, which you’ve just added to, but if it were to offer useful suggestions and encouragement then we’d have more people making more graphics and hence more good graphics suggestions.

You should apologise to Anatoly, who gets enough hate as it is, and rethink your original post. You’ve offered criticism upon criticism with no helpful advice whatsoever, and have ironically just become part of the “semi-toxic environment” you identified.

-With regards, grace and moderate contempt, Tomahawk

P.S. Take a look at your profile picture if you need an example of utter trash. That doesn’t belong in here and neither do your words.

I guess before this post is rapped up I'd like to be the one with final words, So I just thought I may explain that to you.
I am no graphics designer, or an artist by any means. I just wanted to get this out there, and make my point clear. But obviously no one seems to understand that, and you don't even have to agree to understand. In no means am I saying he is a bad person for creating his art, and I think some of his suggestions are awesome. These are the things I am looking for, non recycled, completely original content. I was just tired of seeing in his topic re used assets, and slight re-colors. It undermined his awesome stuff, with garbage that Is far from useful. I couldn't offer anything of use for his own stuff, but I could give you an idea that perhaps thinking about the post or the work would lighten up this section of the forum. Also you just did, what you explained I did. You called me out for labeling other people, but you yourself called me toxic. I am not here to be perfect, but If you disagree don't be salty about it. Just understand my opinion, and I can understand yours. Oh, and why would you talk about an icon? If you don't like it, go complain to the creator. Not me, But this being said may be misinterpreted. So It's a lose lose.

peace wrote:
IanJanes wrote:

-With pleasure, Ian

make your own **** ghrapics then dont complain about other nice ghrapic suntil you made them your eelf those ghrapics form like anatoly zyhrols (sorry if i sspeel name wrong) and kreacher are very good also these form latif and dont forget latif AN USE WHO POSTED GHRAPICS HERE made the winterpack do u like that pack? otr hate it? in my opinion the pack is nice in overal

I can't tell If your serious or not, the spelling is just awful. Is it supposed to be sarcastic, Or...?
Well that doesn't make sense, since I'm no artist or designer I'm not allowed to discuss this sort of thing? I really can't tell how shrouded everyone's view is, or pure mockery.

#20 2018-01-23 17:33:03

RailMat
Formerly MatthijsFidder

IanJanes wrote:
peace wrote:
IanJanes wrote:

-With pleasure, Ian

I can't tell If your serious or not, the spelling is just awful. Is it supposed to be sarcastic, Or...?
Well that doesn't make sense, since I'm no artist or designer I'm not allowed to discuss this sort of thing? I really can't tell how shrouded everyone's view is, or pure mockery.

Peace and I come from the Netherlands and our english is not perfect.

#21 2018-01-23 18:38:09

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Nobody likes an armchair critic.

If an OP puts effort into his post then you should put effort into your feedback. "Don't post trash" isn't feedback.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by:
Tomahawk1516729089693645

Board footer