Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-21 13:39:05, last edited by Offensive Ray (2018-01-21 13:41:19)

Offensive Ray
Formerly omarabdulhaq

Discussion about players decrease

I've seen many many people talking about the reasons of players' decrease in the game, many people said it's because of the community, and as Emma333 said in a topic that people usually are rude to new players, I've also seen old players of the EE community being rude with new players, which made them totally quit the game rapidly, some of my friends were these people, they were totally new to the game and got much annoyed so they had to leave the game, I guess you should convince the community to be supportive to new players instead of being rude and mean with them.

That's a really important point that most of you should know, EE is on it's way to death, if you kept with that treatment to new players there won't be any player left in this game, in fact there should be more activity from the game moderation to focus on this point of the game, it's not only UNITY which would be able to save the game, it's our support too, our duty to the game if we want it to live more to give it more attention and help new players instead of being totally rude with them, for example: If you have seen some player on an easy campaign world or medium you should help him if you want, and avoid calling them noob or something else, because it might affect them in a bad way.

Being supportive could help the game.

#2 2018-01-21 13:43:54, last edited by MartenM (2018-01-21 13:45:04)

MartenM
Website

Re: Discussion about players decrease

Asking people to be supportive won't help if that's not in their nature.
Certainly if there is null reward for it.

Also, everybody is claiming that new players leave this game, but could any of the staff tell us the real numbers of how many people register per day? (month/week idk what is really the best time unit here)
I do not expect this number to be high enough to rise the player count anyway.

lm3hgg8.jpg

Ingame: marten22        My steam: MartenM

#3 2018-01-21 13:49:32

Offensive Ray
Formerly omarabdulhaq

MartenM wrote:

Certainly if there is null reward for it.

Also, everybody is claiming that new players leave this game, but could any of the staff tell us the real numbers of how many people register per day? (month/week idk what is really the best time unit here)
I do not expect this number to be high enough to rise the player count anyway.

Might be a low number, however think if it was 2 players per week, in a year it would be about 104 so here's new 104 players, however these players might even invite their friends to the game? so let's say here's about 150 new players in the game, at least that would be some progress unlike how it is decreasing right now.

#4 2018-01-21 14:02:21

skullz17

MartenM wrote:

^^^
I don't like the idea of improving the game by telling the community to improve, because it doesn't work. The community of a game should rarely be seen as responsible for the state of the game, imo. Even if it's arguably their fault, you still shouldn't think of them as responsible, because they won't take responsibility. I believe that the staff should be made responsible 99% of the time, and there are almost always things the staff can do to create solutions to these problems. In this case, it might be better moderation.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:

#5 2018-01-21 14:05:44

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

With a few exceptions, I think a lot of the negativity comes mostly from people that don't really use the forums. I see a lot of people who are clearly familiar with EE but I have never seen on the forums being rude all the time.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (4)

#6 2018-01-21 14:07:23

Offensive Ray
Formerly omarabdulhaq

skullz17 wrote:
MartenM wrote:

^^^
I don't like the idea of improving the game by telling the community to improve, because it doesn't work. The community of a game should rarely be seen as responsible for the state of the game, imo. Even if it's arguably their fault, you still shouldn't think of them as responsible, because they won't take responsibility. I believe that the staff should be made responsible 99% of the time, and there are almost always things the staff can do to create solutions to these problems. In this case, it might be better moderation.

I want it at least to affect players to think again when they meet new players and to help them instead of being rude with them, could work with some, might not with others, but hope it might work at least with some. So new players would stay playing the game.

Wooted by: (2)

#7 2018-01-21 14:58:44

Emma333

An oppinion I’ve had for a long time is that moderator activity ingame improves the way players interact with eachother. Relatively new players know they can always expect kindness from a moderator, and other players are more careful with what they’re saying because they know a moderator can ban them. I’ve seen this happen with Emalton too, he’s regularly online and almost always responds to the newer players who would otherwise be ignored by others. I believe this is an important task for moderators, yet it is not really seen as an official task at the moment. I’d support naming 2 or 3 more moderators so that there’s often a moderator online to interact with the players.

Pm me with anything math related please

#8 2018-01-21 15:27:07

Anatoly

We should ban those old members.

#9 2018-01-21 15:33:41

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

AnatolyEE wrote:

alright let's get to it where do we draw the line between old and new

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#10 2018-01-21 15:43:08

Anatoly

maxi123 wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

alright let's get to it where do we draw the line between old and new

We don't have to ban everyone. Only the bullies. It's usually not reported because new players don't know about reports.

#11 2018-01-21 15:46:27

Hans

If you remove all the toxic and rude people in ee, no one will be left

Yea, Im Hans-o-lol.

#12 2018-01-21 15:52:23

Jorc

Hans wrote:

If you remove all the toxic and rude people in ee, no one will be left

are you saying that everyone is a bully here? It might be true that it will decrease more if all bullies are gone.

Wooted by:

#13 2018-01-21 18:57:39

Offensive Ray
Formerly omarabdulhaq

I'm not saying you should ban these people or do anything for them, I've written that topic so most of people would understand how the new players feel, and if you want this game to live then you should support it instead of bullying and annoying new players, that's the point i'm getting to.

#14 2018-01-21 19:54:42

Guest.

Why is anyone still worrying about this? The new staff team is probably taking the route that has been planned for years: redoing EE and releasing it on Steam

Wooted by:

#15 2018-01-21 20:27:29

realmaster42
Formerly marcoantonimsantos
Website

zyhrllos wrote:

Why is anyone still worrying about this? The new staff team is probably taking the route that has been planned for years: redoing EE and releasing it on Steam

The deja vu is strong.

http://i.imgur.com/bjvgH5L.png?1

Wooted by: (4)

#16 2018-01-21 20:45:51

Offensive Ray
Formerly omarabdulhaq

zyhrllos wrote:

That's what we've been told for years, as you said..
It didn't happen yet, and they're still not working on it yet.
I doubt that it will happen

#17 2018-01-21 23:03:26

Latif

Oray wrote:
zyhrllos wrote:

That's what we've been told for years, as you said..
It didn't happen yet, and they're still not working on it yet.
I doubt that it will happen

The former staff wanted to release the game to Steam when Unity is out, but that's not what zyhrllos is talking about. The new staff is planning to make a html5 client and completely forget about Unity. When the new client is released they will also release it to Steam. With EE's current state it would be pretty stupid to release it to Steam right now. I'm pretty sure it will give us a wave of new players, and most of them will leave after a few months (or maybe even weeks?).

Just note that this is a plan, not something that's really going to happen. Things can still change.

#18 2018-01-21 23:05:35

Guest.

Latif wrote:

The new staff is planning to make a html5 client and completely forget about Unity. When the new client is released they will also release it to Steam

Latif wrote:

Just note that this is a plan, not something that's really going to happen. Things can still change.

umm thats a big citation needed right there?? ?

#19 2018-01-21 23:19:28, last edited by den3107 (2018-01-21 23:19:59)

den3107

Latif wrote:

The new staff is planning to make a html5 client and completely forget about Unity. When the new client is released they will also release it to Steam. With EE's current state it would be pretty stupid to release it to Steam right now. I'm pretty sure it will give us a wave of new players, and most of them will leave after a few months (or maybe even weeks?).

While they will definitely make an html5 client, the staff has not yet specified if they're "forgetting about Unity", for in Unity too, you can export an html5 (WebGL) game.
I however do agree with postponing something like a Steam release, for now. First get the new version on track and get everything welded down.

zyhrllos wrote:

There you go.

Wooted by: (2)

#20 2018-01-22 00:27:25, last edited by Latif (2018-01-22 00:33:13)

Latif

den3107 wrote:
Latif wrote:

The new staff is planning to make a html5 client and completely forget about Unity. When the new client is released they will also release it to Steam. With EE's current state it would be pretty stupid to release it to Steam right now. I'm pretty sure it will give us a wave of new players, and most of them will leave after a few months (or maybe even weeks?).

While they will definitely make an html5 client, the staff has not yet specified if they're "forgetting about Unity", for in Unity too, you can export an html5 (WebGL) game.
I however do agree with postponing something like a Steam release, for now. First get the new version on track and get everything welded down.

Aren't WebGL and html5 two different things? I thought they are.

EDIT: WebGL uses the html5 canvas element but that doesn't mean you can call it a html5 client (just from my experience, I'm not sure).

#21 2018-01-22 00:39:30

The Party Animal
Formerly TPA2

ooh i know because we start off so little energy and the game has no real concept to it besides build and get abused by the Admin Team and shixtty updates every 6 months they get bored and it takes along time to get the smileysd and stuff and blocks theres no real point except to go and leave everybody edits enter this into your url link Roblox.com

#22 2018-01-22 00:55:30

Guest.

den3107 wrote:
Latif wrote:

zyhrllos wrote:

There you go.

thanks!

#23 2018-01-22 02:08:54

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Games that stop changing become old, and players leave to find something new. It’s happened thousands of times with games much more popular than EE ever was.

I suppose the mistake was in not hiring new devs after Benjaminsen and Co. went on holiday. You can’t expect people to make a good game better for free.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#24 2018-01-22 03:49:26

Minimania
Moderation Team

You can't ask people to be someone other than themselves and expect positive results. You of all people should know this.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#25 2018-01-22 19:29:46

Offensive Ray
Formerly omarabdulhaq

minimania wrote:

You can't ask people to be someone other than themselves and expect positive results. You of all people should know this.

You can't decide what people feel.

TaskManager1516664602693599

Board footer