Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-04 21:27:39

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

Share topic ownership

An option to allow certain users to edit the topic's initial post and title. Could become useful for large projects where topic update doesn't have to rely on one single user, or moderators.

For example, I could share ownership of the Custom themes with Zoey2070, so whenever we make new themes, if one of them isn't able to update, the other can, just like we used to when she was a moderator.
This doesn't imply that she'll want to keep updating the topic. It's simply an example of how the option can be used.

Wooted by: (2)

#2 2018-01-04 21:56:42

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Re: Share topic ownership

i see this as a possibility for mafia to be co-hosted by two people
interesting
but, alas, i highly doubt this would be possible to implement without workarounds such as the already mentioned mod privilege

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#3 2018-01-04 22:22:30

Napakeun
Formerly goodsmile

This idea crossed my mind too and I think it's quite useful.
This is good for stickied topics, organized groups (for crews), complex and big topics that usually need frequent updates on the first post.

Here are some instances where it would be useful:
Suggestion Masterthread by Creature - this project probably died because there's too much content for 1 user to put together.
Guide to EE by Anch - nobody probably reads this but doesn't hurt if it gets updated once in a while? no? (if not just unsticky it then)
All the Shortcuts, Hotkeys & Commands Ingame! by EDJ - very outdated... anyway here's a nice list of all commands (sorry for self promotion here)
Staff Emails by phinarose - as we know staff members come and go so this topic should not only get multiple ownership, but it should get stickied as well!
Everybody Edits Loadscreen Archive by TOOP - we get new loadscreens from time to time you know that and TOOP's no longer here...

Wooted by:

#4 2018-01-04 22:25:22

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

I once needed this. Luckily zoey was a mod at the time, and could mod-edit the topic.

https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … p?id=26146

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by:

#5 2018-01-05 07:29:58

Anatoly

Communistic/Aristokratic ownership over a topic? SOUNDS GREAT?

Can he also be removed from the ownership?
Who will be displayed? I got a solution for this one:

My Suggestion for this.
  • Add Crews.

• Crews will be able to post a topic, as username there will be displayed the crew name (and hosted by). Crews could have Members with different rights. I think we should be able to make as many crews as we need (like we can create unlimited posts).

• As rights (every list is its own checkbox): edit, delete, manage isolation and other stuff, show crew in user profile, be listed as user in crew profile, (only crew admins) manage crew, (only crew admins) woot with crew name (crew can woot 5 times a day), (only crew owner) delete crew

• People can also subscribe to crew, crew reputation (?)

• Official Groups could have colored name (setting only for forum admin)

#6 2018-01-05 16:40:10

HeyNK

alternative workaround for mafia hosting:

mod 1 gets the OP
mod 2 gets a RESERVED post as the first reply

#7 2018-01-05 20:18:17

Bimps

AnatolyEE wrote:

Communistic/Aristokratic ownership over a topic? SOUNDS GREAT?

Can he also be removed from the ownership?
Who will be displayed? I got a solution for this one:

My Suggestion for this.
  • Add Crews.

• Crews will be able to post a topic, as username there will be displayed the crew name (and hosted by). Crews could have Members with different rights. I think we should be able to make as many crews as we need (like we can create unlimited posts).

• As rights (every list is its own checkbox): edit, delete, manage isolation and other stuff, show crew in user profile, be listed as user in crew profile, (only crew admins) manage crew, (only crew admins) woot with crew name (crew can woot 5 times a day), (only crew owner) delete crew

• People can also subscribe to crew, crew reputation (?)

• Official Groups could have colored name (setting only for forum admin)

why does everything have to be this huge idea for you? just make a box where you can add names of people that can also edit OP, christ.

Wooted by: (2)
Bimps1515179897690609

Board footer