Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-02 21:05:13, last edited by azurepudding (2018-05-25 00:07:27)

azurepudding

Refund pls?

I bought the Santa smiley during Black Friday with gems (I think 13) and haven't used it just yet, and now it's a campaign reward just days later, rip.

Also several months ago in June when Gold Membership was marked down by like 90%, the subscriptions were labeled with "Sale" for awhile, so I thought this was temporary, and so I bought like 5 years of GM (I also bought 1 of each subscription type as it wouldn't let me rebuy the yearly one.. so had to spend more gems per month on the shorter ones).. had I known that this was the new normal price, and not just a sale, I would have waited until this last Black Friday to buy a year or two of it.. but since I thought the "sale" back then would've been a better deal than Black Friday's (which is always just half off, not 90% off), I bought a lot of GM when I didn't need to.

So.. I spent more than I needed to, and also asked about it in the discord months back but no one noticed I guess.. If I were to get a refund on 3.5 years of GM and Santa, that would be around 375 gems.  I want to support the game so do not want a money refund, just the gems, that'll be used for other stuff.

Or.. since BF is passed, I'd be good keeping those extra 3.5 years by spending (53x3=159, +28 = 187) of those refunded gems.. so just a refunded 193 gems to keep things easier.  ...If that makes sense.  So that'd be full price for 1.5 years, and BF price for 3.5.  if you don't want to refund me for Santa, that would be an even 180 gems.  Tho it'd make it hard to know what to buy, cuz it could become free the next day..

Not meaning to be difficult here, I do appreciate the reduction of GM price but.. it did say it was a sale, which was misleading.. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Azure2.png

Wooted by:

#2 2017-12-02 21:32:44, last edited by rat (2017-12-02 21:35:20)

rat
Formerly eleizibeth

Re: Refund pls?

the last tier of the advent campaign is just a filler.  there's no trophy in the world, so it's imposs to get the santa smiley from it.  unless someone hacks the trophy in somehow, no one will get the santa smiley.

Wooted by:

#3 2017-12-02 21:33:57

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

It's actually not going to be the campaign reward (or not confirmed to be anyway) - Sorry for the misleading element of it, but it's a filler prize on the filler level at the end of the campaign, put in place so that the campaign can have new tiers added each day.

I could just change the prize to something nonchalant, but I figured the Santa smiley was the Christmassiest thing in game to include there - Right now, the Santa smiley is not confirmed to be an actual prize.

Apologies for the confusion - I'll look into changing it tonight to something that wouldn't be listed in Classic.

Xenonetix_2.png

Wooted by:

#4 2017-12-02 21:34:43

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Mega Lamb wrote:

Christmassiest

wow thats a new word

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#5 2017-12-02 22:12:44

azurepudding

Oh, ok.. thanks for that clear up!

Tho.. most of this thread was about the gold membership thing.. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Azure2.png

Wooted by:

#6 2017-12-02 22:29:34, last edited by drunkbnu (2017-12-02 22:30:10)

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

So many triggered guys over a single smiley that you can get for free anyways in 3-4 months. This must be a joke.

#7 2017-12-02 23:06:24

azurepudding

HG wrote:

So many triggered guys over a single smiley that you can get for free anyways in 3-4 months. This must be a joke.

azurepudding wrote:

Oh, ok.. thanks for that clear up!

Totally triggered??

Azure2.png

Wooted by: (2)

#8 2017-12-03 04:14:43

DragonianKing

I bought the Santa smiley during the Black Friday sale, but now that it's free for everyone with the Advent Calendar campaign, I was wondering if I could have my gems refunded?

#9 2017-12-03 04:36:45

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

The Santa smiley isn't and won't be a campaign reward for the Advent Calendar campaign. To quote Mega Lamb:

Mega Lamb wrote:

It's actually not going to be the campaign reward (or not confirmed to be anyway) - Sorry for the misleading element of it, but it's a filler prize on the filler level at the end of the campaign, put in place so that the campaign can have new tiers added each day.

I could just change the prize to something nonchalant, but I figured the Santa smiley was the Christmassiest thing in game to include there - Right now, the Santa smiley is not confirmed to be an actual prize.

Apologies for the confusion - I'll look into changing it tonight to something that wouldn't be listed in Classic.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#10 2017-12-03 13:57:25

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Name a game or company that refunds you something you've bought just before it goes on sale, gets some kind of promotion, or gets handed out as a reward.

There is none, because it's a dumb business model and complicated to manage. Why should EE refund gems?

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by:

#11 2017-12-03 14:01:32

peace

DragonianKing wrote:

I bought the Santa smiley during the Black Friday sale, but now that it's free for everyone with the Advent Calendar campaign, I was wondering if I could have my gems refunded?

atleast you could wear it longer then others //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#12 2017-12-03 20:44:07

DragonianKing

N1KF wrote:

The Santa smiley isn't and won't be a campaign reward for the Advent Calendar campaign. To quote Mega Lamb:

Mega Lamb wrote:

Oh, good. I feel better about this now. Thanks!

Tomahawk wrote:

Name a game or company that refunds you something you've bought just before it goes on sale, gets some kind of promotion, or gets handed out as a reward.

There is none, because it's a dumb business model and complicated to manage. Why should EE refund gems?

A similar situation occurred with my friend in Pokemon Go a while back and it worked, and he suggested that I try it here.

#13 2017-12-04 03:04:47

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

Merged related topics

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#14 2017-12-04 04:31:33

proficuous
Formerly terence

ee gold membership will never be discounted to a point where buying 5 years of it in 2017 is sensical

also, mrs claus smiley when?

Wooted by:

rat

#15 2017-12-04 06:37:26, last edited by Joeyc (2017-12-04 06:38:25)

Joeyc

This thread is kinda useless, considering the prize was 100x400. BUT!! You didn't know then.

terence wrote:

ee gold membership will never be discounted to a point where buying 5 years of it in 2017 is sensical

also, mrs claus smiley when?

idk but i hope they'll add it

#16 2018-05-24 23:50:38, last edited by azurepudding (2018-05-25 02:45:18)

azurepudding

Tomahawk wrote:

I thought I had responded to this.. anyway.. the difference here is that when I bought my memberships, the subscriptions were labeled SALE or ON SALE, so seeing that, and the reduced price, it should have been safe for me to assume there was a sale, right?  But it wasn't a sale, it was a price reduction which had mistakenly had SALE displayed on the subscriptions.  Had I known this, I would have waited until Black Friday for the real sale.  Point is, I was misled, but I don't think the staff were intentionally deceiving me there.  It was just a mistake, which is why I politely asked for refund.

If it didn't say SALE when I bought them, I would have no grounds to ask for refund.  But that wasn't the case here.  Looking back tho, it was a mistake of mine to point out the Santa thing, which wasn't even made a campaign reward anyway, so forget that.

(also, "gravedigging" cuz nothing has happened yet)

EDIT: Also there was some weird bug that kept me from rebuying 1 year memberships (the better dollar to month deal) so I had to buy the shorter subscriptions.  If it had worked properly, I would have bought multiple 1 years instead.  It only let me have that option again a few hours later.

Azure2.png

Wooted by:

#17 2018-05-25 03:57:39

John

Tomahawk wrote:

Macy's does this

:^)

PW?scale=2

#18 2018-05-25 04:04:14

hummerz5

John wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:

Macy's does this

I think I recall them keeping track of this sort of semi-fraudulent action by sending all that information from a host of department/etc stores so they track down the people that get much from that sort of thing and ban them. or something.

so idk. maybe they assume they're still getting the upper hand. Also idk, if a user purchased a subscription but then was never able to use it, I could see that being a fair refund but this is a bit different so nvm that

#19 2018-05-25 04:07:48

John

hummerz5 wrote:
John wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:

Macy's does this

I think I recall them keeping track of this sort of semi-fraudulent action by sending all that information from a host of department/etc stores so they track down the people that get much from that sort of thing and ban them. or something.

so idk. maybe they assume they're still getting the upper hand. Also idk, if a user purchased a subscription but then was never able to use it, I could see that being a fair refund but this is a bit different so nvm that

I bought a pillow for my mom that was like really nice and expensive but then it went on sale the following week and I asked if I could get credit back and they said "yeah and the person checking you out last week should have informed you of this, its company policy to do it" or something idr was neat tho

PW?scale=2

#20 2018-05-25 07:19:27

MWstudios

Gold membership costs 13 gems/month. But after quick math you realize that you don't get much gems (if you log in every day, you get 6 gems/3 weeks which is about 8/month). Even year membership isn't a good deal(52/3 is 17 (1), that's 103 gems/year). Xenonetix should lower prizes or he must admit Gold membership is the worst deal in Everybody Edits. And campaigns have an end, after completing you just wait for gems… and wait… and wait...

Time before becoming a Member - Leaderboard
1. Whirl - 9 months
2. KirbyKareem - 8 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months
5. ILikeTofuuJoe - 1.5 months
giphy.gif Piskel is the best GIF maker I've seen
HG's signature for me - Anatoly's signature for me
The Mashed Potatoes Song - The longest post on EE forums - Play my Minesweeper

#21 2018-05-25 07:54:36

LukeM
Website

MWstudios wrote:

Gold membership costs 13 gems/month. But after quick math you realize that you don't get much gems (if you log in every day, you get 6 gems/3 weeks which is about 8/month). Even year membership isn't a good deal(52/3 is 17 (1), that's 103 gems/year). Xenonetix should lower prizes or he must admit Gold membership is the worst deal in Everybody Edits. And campaigns have an end, after completing you just wait for gems… and wait… and wait...

That's the point... You shouldn't be able to buy it with only weekly gems.
Gold membership is supposed to be for people who want to support EE, and you wouldn't be supporting EE if you got it for free.

LukeM1527231276707457

Board footer