Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-17 14:51:01, last edited by RailMat (2017-10-29 12:02:54)

RailMat
Formerly MatthijsFidder

Mafia 16 [TIE]

Welcome to Mafia 16.

Rules
1. All forum rules apply, however multi-posting rules are more lenient. So long as your posts are relevant to the game it shouldn't be an issue.
2. Do not post in this thread unless you are alive in the game. All posts made by dead players and people not in the game will be deleted.
3. You may not edit or delete your posts. This function will be disabled in this game.
4. If you stay inactive too long or not contributing to discussion , you will be prodded for inactivity and replaced if you don't respond to the prod within 24 hours.
5. Do not quote, copy paste, or screenshot any message sent by the game moderator for any reason. Paraphrasing is allowed, such as saying what your role is or does, but don't copy paste an entire role pm word for word.
6. Do not gamethrow. Gamethrowing is defined as actively working against your role/faction's win condition, and is dealt with on a case by case basis.
7. As soon as a majority is reached, it counts as the day being over. The moderator may not be there to lock the thread immediately so do not post after majority is reached.
8. You may not talk about the game with living players through any means other than the game thread and Mafia night chat. No exceptions.
9. Remember that this is just a game. If I see any form of harassment that may warrant a replacement or modkill.
10. If any player breaks any of these rules please private message me on the forums and I will deal with it. Do not use the forums report feature to report someone breaking one of the game rules unless they are also breaking a forum rule.
11. The moderator's word is final. If I say not to do something it means don't do it. If you have an issue then it's best to save until the end of the game as to not interfere with the game.

#2 2017-10-17 16:17:52

Zumza

Re: Mafia 16 [TIE]

G'morning everyone! Does anyone know when's the next full moon?

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#3 2017-10-17 19:26:46

Zumza

I'm quite disappointed, I expected a wall of memes to already occupy a page on this topic.
I'm going to vote for a !nolynch.

#4 2017-10-17 20:00:59

Zumza

Devlin wrote:
MartenM wrote:

Werewolf - Baddies, can probably kill one person a night.

I have never seen a werewolf in a game before but from my understanding, they can only kill on nights with a full moon.

Can someone more experienced with this role answer this please:

Do we get told when there is a full moon or do we have to decipher how often it occurs from the deaths?

In Town Of Salem what you say it's true. However I might have to remind you that Mafia was known as Werewolf in 1997.
Your hypothesis would likely be refuted or confirmed in the following nights.

Wooted by: (2)

#5 2017-10-17 22:55:51

Zumza

Devlin wrote:

!vote Zumza

He didn't answer my question. Besides, we need to get a ball rolling.

I did so I can see who wants to take action against somebody, i. e. who wants to play aggressive / passive. Congrats of becoming the leader of this game, apparently.
Only 5 people even decided posting so far, therefor I wouldn't even consider a bandwagon at this point for the reason that they'd likely going to follow any trends because they're too lazy to form their own opinion, which basically will result in an unpleasing game.

#6 2017-10-19 11:54:03

Zumza

Hi whatzzaap up?! !vote devlin

Meanwhile some other observations:

Devlin wrote:
jkdrip wrote:

Also to clarify I only support d1 NoLynch.

Why? There are so many benefits to lynching each and every day, including day 1. Assuming the mafia kills every night, a no lynch gives an even number of players making it harder to reach a majority. Also, the less total players in the game, the more likely our lynch will be a scum.

No, theres actually a very good rule of lynching that statistically plays off very well: keeping an odd number of players alive every day. The main reason is for keeping a better town decision.

jkdrip wrote:

The reason I support d1 NoLynch is because if we're going to random lynch, scum will influence the votes in such a way that it lands on town. After d1, since PRs might OPT to be quiet instead of having nothing to say, I'm more comfortable lynching.

You're right about Onjit, but HeyNK is acting cocky which is annoying

A vote is very important, as previously mentioned, it can indicate the views of people. Even if we lynch a townie we could take the vote list as a reliable source to form a list of subjects.

#7 2017-10-19 12:16:11

Zumza

Sadly I thought we have more time than this. !unvote Devlin wasn't really a true vote, just wanted to see the feedback.

Getting back:

My vote counts as much as everybody else's, I can't do something in which I don't believe.. I don't agree with voting HeyNK for two reasons:
1. I don't believe his scum
2. If he truly is what he says there have 2 be two kills tonight. He has to prove himself or he'll truly loose town's trust.

However if others decide he must be lynched, I will not oppose.

Wooted by:

#8 2017-10-20 15:22:29

Zumza

cOmManDs mUSt be In bOld

You know we can't edit things, the fact that it wasn't bolded might had been just a mistake.
Having exactly L-1 and discrediting a vote is just crap!

#9 2017-10-20 18:03:47

Zumza

For now, Anatoly is banned.

#10 2017-10-20 18:11:16

Zumza

I think we can be pretty sure by the fact that AnatolyEE is communicating his actions with MatthijsFidder.

reference

Wooted by:

#11 2017-10-20 18:57:53

Zumza

If AnatolyEE is banned for 3 days he has to be replaced

#12 2017-10-21 10:42:57

Zumza

N1KF wrote:

Friendly reminder that Zumza clumsily defended HeyNK earlier with the weak reason "he doesn't look like scum" and another reason that doesn't apply now due to a miscommunication.
I think our best option would be Zumza since he hasn't posted yet Day 2. !vote Zumza

This is like the 5th post of mine in this game-day.
However I do agree that most of them were just a sentence long and related to game moderation rather than the game itself.

In the game of Mafia I believe that intuition is more often better than logic. I had no logic reason to defend HeyNK indeed, but my intuition was that he doesn't deserved to be lynched in D1. If I could have connected to the forums before the game ended, seeing the strong majority that formed against him, I would had voted. The fact that Emalton's vote was discredited also resulted in his death.
HeyNK was nonetheless more randomly chosen to be lynched rather than a scum read too.

I don't really know what you are following at the moment. You seem willingly to start attacks towards everybody, perhaps checking for our reactions, but you're doing it often and you're quickly dropping it out.
I conclude that you vote me because I didn't post today(D2) & I defended HeyNK. But on the same time, you wooted 3 posts of mine made in D2, and also said, again in D2, that you doubt of a HeyNK/Zumza pair.

#13 2017-10-21 11:40:58

Zumza

Since I feel theres a demand for a scum-list from me too, here it is:

Hidden text

Wooted by:

#14 2017-10-21 17:31:16

Zumza

N1KF wrote:

Ah... what a beautiful day outside...

Time to play more Mafia!

Zumza wrote:

The fact that Emalton's vote was discredited also resulted in his death.

Pardon me? How do you know why Emalton was killed? I mean there aren't many other possible reasons but it seems a bit presumptuous to act like you know. I doubt a werewolf would be that clumsy so I'm getting hunter vibes, basically saying to the town "Hey, follow the strict voting format rules so we don't get another nolynch and I'll have to kill you!" Then again, this would require either both you and the werewolves to attack Emalton (unlikely), or the werewolves not killing anybody to trick the town. So it's still possible that you're a werewolf just hinting that you're a hunter to get townie points. It's just an odd move overall.

You're overreading things now.

N1KF wrote:

Zumza seemed to conflict a lot with Devlin a lot Day 1, yet they backpedaled a lot Day 2. Did they discover that I might push the bus too far, getting Devlin lynched in the process, uncovering their secret conspiracy of madness? Then Zumza suddenly targeting me would be suspicious, so he's taking a more pragmatic role by "supporting" both me and Devlin to look like a neutral townie. *detective music plays*

You think you're right but you're on the wrong track in my opinion. I suggest you calm down before you'll do a mistake.

!vote N1KF

#15 2017-10-21 17:32:48

Zumza

MatthijsFidder wrote:
jkdrip wrote:
MatthijsFidder wrote:
jkdrip wrote:

Still not sure Alek knows he's playing. Matt, did you ever get a response from him?

I had sended a PM to him.

Has he replied to said PM?

Have you read rule 5?

Yes, and I think it has no connection with the question asked.

#16 2017-10-21 18:34:09

Zumza

N1KF wrote:

Let's look at it again:

The fact that Emalton's vote was discredited also resulted in his death.

Emphasis added. You're clearly saying that because Emalton didn't vote properly, he got killed as a direct result of that, rather than the few other reasons Emalton could have been killed. There is no other interpretation I can think of right now.

I didn't meant as a direct result, more like a contributing effect. Perhaps I should had used "contributed" than "resulted" in the first place.
The fact that his vote was canceled indisputably drag attention over him and a town town lynch would indubitable had consequence in mafia's temperament.

N1KF wrote:
Zumza wrote:

You think you're right but you're on the wrong track in my opinion. I suggest you calm down before you'll do a mistake.

[...] using the weak defense "Stop analyzing me!"

It's not about that, it's that you're quick to drag conclusions, and which because you're not calculating them quickly renounce them too. And if they're responded it's like your heart starts to ponder in you to drag even more.

N1KF wrote:

I just like to throw lots of weird ideas out there in case one happens to catch on with the town. Besides lurkers (which is why I originally voted for you), do you have any better ideas as to who is scum?

You sir are not a confirmed townie so stop acting like one. In previous posts with Devlin you've used collective pronouns like "we" referencing "town" which him was deliberately excluded from, and also shamelessly denouncing to whoever you voted as werewolf.
Your attitude starts giving you no more credit, as well with Devlin as with me you're now looking for somebody else to start a bandwagon on.

#17 2017-10-21 18:57:15

Zumza

In my opinion it would be fait to pause the game until he's unbanned / Alek5andar replies.

#18 2017-10-21 19:03:59

Zumza

MatthijsFidder wrote:

AnatolyEE is active on Discord.

So? The rules specify we shouldn't talk with other players in other means that this thread.

#19 2017-10-21 19:05:09

Zumza

inb4 you get triggered again because I quoted your post

#20 2017-10-21 19:09:10

Zumza

636230452938820316-843363263_flat,800x800,070,f.jpg

Wooted by: (2)

#21 2017-10-22 15:01:52

Zumza

Perhaps we could just go after Onjit, I don't want to sleep knowing that we lynched this guy while he was at the Church.

#22 2017-10-22 15:04:36

Zumza

N1KF wrote:
jkdrip wrote:

I don't like that Slab's scumreads list almost everyone as town, and he has yet to vote anybody at all.

Actually, it tends to be opposite. Usually scum is suspicious of everybody so they can accuse somebody whenever they feel like it.

To be clear, this is what saved you.

!vote Onjit

#23 2017-10-22 17:46:14

Zumza

1. Zumza
2. HeyNK
3. Slabdrill
4. jkdrip
5. Onjit
6. N1KF
7. hummerz5
8. Devlin
9. AnatolyEE / Alek5andar

We're 9, Devlin and AnatolyEE / Alek5andar can't really cast their vote & 2 of us are mafia. Therefore there are only 5 townies. To lynch Onjit we need 5 votes. So it'd be hard to reach majority unless we're united. If my read from D2 morning is correct: Onjit, Hummerz5 and MartenM formed a trio from the begging. I call for HeyNK and N1KF(which imo are the remaining 2 townies) to promise their votes & hummerz5 for his personal scum read(since he hasn't provided any until now).

#24 2017-10-22 19:55:48

Zumza

@hummerz5: As everyone here I might be as well wrong, and if your feelings are sincere I'm really sorry for making you feel indignant. But I also have to admit that this isn't a theory come out of the void. I need to assure somehow that my will is continued if Onjit's lynched and turns up to be mafia as I might be the next one murdered tonight. You've been protecting the lurkers, you also agreed with Onjint's decision to go after HeyNK, and generally you looked to be favouring lynching active players.

jkdrip wrote:

Also while it is likely that there's only 2 mafia left, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a different number.

Well I doubt for 4 mafia since the number would be too high. 2 also doubt because in MartenM role card it says "your partners are". So 3 seems the logic number.

#25 2017-10-22 20:01:45

Zumza

HeyNK wrote:

why is conftown devlin so low on your list?

jkdrip wrote:
HeyNK wrote:

why is conftown devlin so low on your list?

Probably because it's not a scumlist.

It is the original list Mat posted at the beginning of this topic but with Devlin and AnatolyEE / Alek5andar at the end. I think its the order we signed up for this mafia game.

Harmonious1509303505681734

Board footer