Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#151 2017-10-21 04:54:10

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

Re: Mafia 16 [TIE]

It seems the actives are caught between a N1KF, Devlin, or Marten lynch. I'm only comfortable with the Marten lynch. Nobody else has mentioned Onjit yet. The Emalton kill tells me that scum are newer players, heightening the Marten scumness.

Are you seriously citing what everybody else is thinking as a valid reason to lynch in that pool when it's a known fact that scum are in the game and yes, they are lying? You do realize it's scum's job to be concerned about "what town is currently thinking", right?

I'm not even sure what you're trying to say here. If I vote for something nobody agrees with, what's the point of that vote? I'm just making it harder to arrive at a lynch. AKA, what you're doing. There's better lurker options than Onjit.

Currently playing through: Mega Man 1-6

Listen to my in-game music! (it's pretty much all I'm good at)

#152 2017-10-21 05:08:53

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

HeyNK wrote:

First of all this is scum, wagon this.

Overconfident much? I think I'm getting scummier readings from Onjit than most other people here, but even I think that's a bit extreme.

Not voting me because I'm scum, but because I'm annoying?

Like some one (hummerz? Devlin? I forgot) said, it's because that townsfolk don't want to deal with that. Perhaps it's that vocal and annoying people seem less likely to listen to other opinions because they're busy making a big show of things.

I mean i think i get what you mean insofar as that n1kf is just tunneling with weak reasoning(?) was(?) whatever man. ~.

Like I said earlier, I wasn't being that aggressive. I think my Day 1 analysis was fairly balanced. I criticized nearly every user, though most of it was aimless speculation. After that, Devlin popped up, bringing attention to himself and being defensive which wasn't a smart move. Then I calmly responded. Then he called me out for "twisting his words" even though I was just politely analyzing what he wrote. Then I politely responded again. Then he writes an essay explaining why I'm probably scum, trying to play the victim card even though he let all that happen.

If you pay attention, it's just that I managed to provoke Devlin with a single post and he kept insisting on defending himself even though I was the only one who actually suspected him of being scum. He kept making himself a bigger and bigger target for scumhunting although it could have just been the plea from an insecure townie. Since there's more to talk about now, I've broadened my focus a bit.

Yeah knew someone would post "well maybe you killed the lurker for the wifom" GUESS WHAT DUDE, ALL NIGHTKILL ANALYSIS IS WIFOM GET USED TO IT.

k? I got over it a long time ago. Just because evidence can be considered WIFOM doesn't mean it should be ignored.

#153 2017-10-21 05:20:26

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

ok just caught up with the last page of stuff, guess i should do this before going to bed today. (i'll be off ~14h)
Also, not a scumread because im bad at this lol

prob will be big idk
HeyNK wrote:

... but then there's posts that just suck like this where slabdrill condemns town play? I mean i think i get what you mean insofar as that n1kf is just tunneling with weak reasoning(?) was(?) whatever man. ~.

"for no reason" is the important part

TLDR Im bad at reading people

if we lynch an inactive d2 we should lynch either dev or n1kf d3

suddenly random sig change

Wooted by:

#154 2017-10-21 05:25:28

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

Slabdrill you forgot Anatoly/Alek5ander

I believe that to be a genuine mistake but since you're willing could you say what you think of them?

Also I'm not entirely sure Alek knows he's playing

#155 2017-10-21 05:35:26

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Slabdrill and hummerz were the two to suggest me as a seer, and the two to suggest a N1KF/Devlin lynch. Secret agenda? I don't think so since he had the self-awareness to point it out. But it's interesting to note.

#156 2017-10-21 06:29:28

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

I gotta go for now, so here's an updated Scale-o'-Scumminess.

Friendly reminder that Zumza clumsily defended HeyNK earlier with the weak reason "he doesn't look like scum" and another reason that doesn't apply now due to a miscommunication. If Devlin, Zumza, and HeyNK happen to all be scum and we're looking for lurkers then I think our best option would be Zumza since he hasn't posted yet Day 2. At this point I kind of doubt people will believe me, so I'm open to the MartenM lynch if that ends up happening.

Slabdrill has been looking a lot better after actually helping the town. I think he's town.

I'm still having an existential crisis over Devlin, so I'll keeping him where he is for now. In the meantime, don't bug me too much about it.

SCALE O' SCUMMINESS
  1. Devlin

2. HeyNK

3. Zumza

4. MartenM

5. alek5ander

6. Onjit

7. hummerz5

8. Slabdrill

9. jkdrip

!vote Zumza

#157 2017-10-21 06:33:15

HeyNK

Why do you claim that I am leading town when all I'm doing is scumhunting?

#158 2017-10-21 08:17:19

Onjit
Website

Are you going after me for any real reason, or is it just because you're **** that I called you out? I don't see where you're coming from tbh, I was clearly **** D1 as everyone else could see.

:.|:;

#159 2017-10-21 08:30:56

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

I don’t have time to reply to too much right now and I won’t for about 8 hours or so hours.

But just saying, HeyNK, you were so adamant that we should be lynching lurkers on day 1 because you view that as the way scum win. Now all of a sudden Jkdrip is saying we should be lynching lurkers because it’s more practical in the long run, you’re defending the lurkers...

What changed?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (2)

#160 2017-10-21 09:36:26

RailMat
Formerly MatthijsFidder

Current votecount:

Nolynch: Alek5andar
MartenM: jkdrip
Onjit: HeyNK
Zumza: N1KF

6 votes needed for majority

Prodded MartenM for inactivity

#161 2017-10-21 10:42:57

Zumza

N1KF wrote:

Friendly reminder that Zumza clumsily defended HeyNK earlier with the weak reason "he doesn't look like scum" and another reason that doesn't apply now due to a miscommunication.
I think our best option would be Zumza since he hasn't posted yet Day 2. !vote Zumza

This is like the 5th post of mine in this game-day.
However I do agree that most of them were just a sentence long and related to game moderation rather than the game itself.

In the game of Mafia I believe that intuition is more often better than logic. I had no logic reason to defend HeyNK indeed, but my intuition was that he doesn't deserved to be lynched in D1. If I could have connected to the forums before the game ended, seeing the strong majority that formed against him, I would had voted. The fact that Emalton's vote was discredited also resulted in his death.
HeyNK was nonetheless more randomly chosen to be lynched rather than a scum read too.

I don't really know what you are following at the moment. You seem willingly to start attacks towards everybody, perhaps checking for our reactions, but you're doing it often and you're quickly dropping it out.
I conclude that you vote me because I didn't post today(D2) & I defended HeyNK. But on the same time, you wooted 3 posts of mine made in D2, and also said, again in D2, that you doubt of a HeyNK/Zumza pair.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#162 2017-10-21 11:40:58

Zumza

Since I feel theres a demand for a scum-list from me too, here it is:

Hidden text

Wooted by:

#163 2017-10-21 14:34:06

hummerz5

Slabdrill wrote:

I believe devlin more than n1kf, as n1kf started the aggression. Anyone openly persistently attacking someone for no reason is strange to me.

good point

jkdrip wrote:

hummerz5, biggest reason being that he suggested we go for the 1v1 N1KF and Devlin have going. My issue with this is that they both vote, and either one's behaviour makes sense from my point of view. I'd much rather lynch somebody that we know isn't a help to town (aka a non-voting lurker), whereas for all we know both N1KF and Devlin could be town.

ok

Onjit wrote:

As for who I think is scum, I'd say theres one of N1KF>Devlin>Hummus

agreed, though for obvious inductive reasons

jkdrip wrote:

I'm not even sure what you're trying to say here. If I vote for something nobody agrees with, what's the point of that vote? I'm just making it harder to arrive at a lynch. AKA, what you're doing. There's better lurker options than Onjit.

well yes but hopefully we all follow our own nuances at the start and then coalesce as time runs out

Zumza wrote:

You seem willingly to start attacks towards everybody, perhaps checking for our reactions, but you're doing it often and you're quickly dropping it out.

you commend him for this. IIRC that's actually a common scum tell, going around and trying to divert attention anywhere possible

Zumza wrote:

hummerz5: I would’ve expected more from him

fair enough.

#164 2017-10-21 14:36:59

hummerz5

double post fail:
I'm concerned that zumza thinks it so likely that both n1kf and devlin are town. I understand it's a possibility that they're both townies but that is unlikely and certainly not something I'd take lightly

Wooted by:

#165 2017-10-21 14:59:39

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

Still not sure Alek knows he's playing. Matt, did you ever get a response from him?

#166 2017-10-21 15:54:02

RailMat
Formerly MatthijsFidder

jkdrip wrote:

Still not sure Alek knows he's playing. Matt, did you ever get a response from him?

I had sended a PM to him.

#167 2017-10-21 15:54:52

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

MatthijsFidder wrote:
jkdrip wrote:

Has he replied to said PM?

#168 2017-10-21 16:13:00

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

This guy has 5 posts and it seems rather likely to me he wouldn't check his PMs, on the basis that he's so new.

Alek's last post: Yesterday 10:29:47

When you announced that Alek replaced Anatoly: Yesterday 14:30:27

He doesn't **** know. We're playing with a ghost.

#169 2017-10-21 16:14:43

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

Prod him, and if he doesn't respond in, say, 24 hours then modkill him.

#170 2017-10-21 17:01:06

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Ah... what a beautiful day outside...

Time to play more Mafia!

Zumza wrote:

The fact that Emalton's vote was discredited also resulted in his death.

Pardon me? How do you know why Emalton was killed? I mean there aren't many other possible reasons but it seems a bit presumptuous to act like you know. I doubt a werewolf would be that clumsy so I'm getting hunter vibes, basically saying to the town "Hey, follow the strict voting format rules so we don't get another nolynch and I'll have to kill you!" Then again, this would require either both you and the werewolves to attack Emalton (unlikely), or the werewolves not killing anybody to trick the town. So it's still possible that you're a werewolf just hinting that you're a hunter to get townie points. It's just an odd move overall.

HeyNK was nonetheless more randomly chosen to be lynched rather than a scum read too.

We didn't have any scum reads by that point. Or at least if we did, you didn't try to support one.

I don't really know what you are following at the moment. You seem willingly to start attacks towards everybody, perhaps checking for our reactions, but you're doing it often and you're quickly dropping it out.

I've been looking for the lurkers. That's been consistent throughout the game. It's just that Day 1 I had more patience to the lurkers since it was early and other people didn't give it much thought (yeah, I'm a sheep).

I conclude that you vote me because I didn't post today(D2) & I defended HeyNK. But on the same time, you wooted 3 posts of mine made in D2

All three of those Day 2 posts concerned meta stuff. Plus, yeah, it was really misleading for me to say you didn't post Day 2. Sorry about that.

hummerz5 wrote:

I'm concerned that zumza thinks it so likely that both n1kf and devlin are town. I understand it's a possibility that they're both townies but that is unlikely and certainly not something I'd take lightly

Me too. Zumza seemed to conflict a lot with Devlin a lot Day 1, yet they backpedaled a lot Day 2. Did they discover that I might push the bus too far, getting Devlin lynched in the process, uncovering their secret conspiracy of madness? Then Zumza suddenly targeting me would be suspicious, so he's taking a more pragmatic role by "supporting" both me and Devlin to look like a neutral townie. *detective music plays*

I don't know. Plus I'm going to see what I can dig up on Devlin to see if my worries about him are actually legit. No more existential crises for me.

#171 2017-10-21 17:04:58

HeyNK

Onjit wrote:

Are you going after me for any real reason, or is it just because you're **** that I called you out? I don't see where you're coming from tbh, I was clearly **** D1 as everyone else could see.

is what you called me out for scummy? Answer and explain, because it just looks like cheap oppertunism on your part = scum.

HeyNK, you were so adamant that we should be lynching lurkers on day 1

Semirandom vote. Didn't like hummerz' tone. I have a townread on him now. Questions?

---

N1KF, you are not reading my points, why do you think onjit is town?

#172 2017-10-21 17:07:20

hummerz5

jkdrip wrote:

Prod him, and if he doesn't respond in, say, 24 hours then modkill him.

well to be frank the prod is redundant. acknowledging the admission would be the essential prod. if it's been 24 hours then you're basically fulfilling that function already

we've been all over the map with the voting. can we narrow things down a little bit? granted, we have time, but...

Wooted by:

#173 2017-10-21 17:21:37

RailMat
Formerly MatthijsFidder

No chances in the votecount now.

Prodded Alex5andar for inactivity

#174 2017-10-21 17:23:07

RailMat
Formerly MatthijsFidder

jkdrip wrote:
MatthijsFidder wrote:
jkdrip wrote:

Has he replied to said PM?

Have you read rule 5?

#175 2017-10-21 17:31:16

Zumza

N1KF wrote:

Ah... what a beautiful day outside...

Time to play more Mafia!

Zumza wrote:

The fact that Emalton's vote was discredited also resulted in his death.

Pardon me? How do you know why Emalton was killed? I mean there aren't many other possible reasons but it seems a bit presumptuous to act like you know. I doubt a werewolf would be that clumsy so I'm getting hunter vibes, basically saying to the town "Hey, follow the strict voting format rules so we don't get another nolynch and I'll have to kill you!" Then again, this would require either both you and the werewolves to attack Emalton (unlikely), or the werewolves not killing anybody to trick the town. So it's still possible that you're a werewolf just hinting that you're a hunter to get townie points. It's just an odd move overall.

You're overreading things now.

N1KF wrote:

Zumza seemed to conflict a lot with Devlin a lot Day 1, yet they backpedaled a lot Day 2. Did they discover that I might push the bus too far, getting Devlin lynched in the process, uncovering their secret conspiracy of madness? Then Zumza suddenly targeting me would be suspicious, so he's taking a more pragmatic role by "supporting" both me and Devlin to look like a neutral townie. *detective music plays*

You think you're right but you're on the wrong track in my opinion. I suggest you calm down before you'll do a mistake.

!vote N1KF

Harmonious1509303505681734

Board footer