Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-02 20:39:22, last edited by Myst (2017-05-02 21:05:37)

Myst

is this allowed?

he's seriously farming with posts and hummerz5 was at this time online and he didn't ban him, I'm confused

big of course

g8kPWf.png

#2 2017-05-02 21:08:17

Kira

Re: is this allowed?

Oh no! he's farming posts! Such a big deal. Really.

You guys try way too hard to waste your time, It's crazy.

#3 2017-05-02 21:18:27

hummerz5

I wrote this big lengthy post for probably five minutes then decided I want to be somewhat succinct.

The only place this manifests (if it is indeed only posting/deleting repeatedly) is in gergbot. Otherwise things disappear.

Is it OK? Well, I don't appreciate it. But, unless it does some crap to the forums, I'd think it somewhat worthy of ignoring.

"hummerz5 was at this time online and he didn't ban him,"
Please think about this. Again, if I understand correctly, you're upset in part because there's no trace. How would I come to realize this was going on?

#4 2017-05-02 22:18:58

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

hummerz5 wrote:

Is it OK? Well, I don't appreciate it. But, unless it does some crap to the forums, I'd think it somewhat worthy of ignoring.

Minisauras has been consistently doing this for weeks, if not months. Like I've pointed out before, about one-third of his posts have been deleted. He's deleted and reposted posts several hours later, even if several people have already responded. I've checked the new posts page before, just to see that it's Minisauras reposting.

It makes the forum more difficult to use, and is a lot more of a problem than a single double-post, which is something users can get banned over. I think this is something that needs to be addressed.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#5 2017-05-02 22:27:10

Different55
Forum Admin

N1KF wrote:

It makes the forum more difficult to use, and is a lot more of a problem than a single double-post, which is something users can get banned over

I don't see that anywhere in the rules.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#6 2017-05-02 22:27:57

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Hey hummerz, if I accuse OP of minimodding will the hypocrisy bite me in the **** and annihilate the universe?

Oh look, two more threads from OP entitled "allowed?" and "is this bot allowed?". That's some real faith he has in your abilities as a mod.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#7 2017-05-03 00:45:19

hummerz5

Different55 wrote:
N1KF wrote:

It makes the forum more difficult to use, and is a lot more of a problem than a single double-post, which is something users can get banned over

I don't see that anywhere in the rules.

Fair enough, but perhaps we should consider this. I hadn't thought about other users having the opportunity to respond. I thought this was instant! A recent thread had a user posting/deleting posts which led me to believe we had someone randomly triple-posting... but that wasn't the case. I suppose it's not terribly difficult to see "oh, this user must be responding to someone" but that's not always reliable.

On the other hand, when a user deletes their post that has been quoted, you might say "see, that means there's no problem anyway, because it has been quoted" but that also prevents us from having record of what they actually said. i.e. the other user in the conversation could change the wording. However, you might argue that "well that's not a problem because they chose to damage their own credibility"

I'm sorta with N1KF on this as far as it murks up the waters. Perhaps if I know what to look for, though, it isn't a problem.

tomahawk, that's a good point but I'm not an ingame mod

Minisaurus wrote:

Spooky pursuing.

Good to know I have fans!

wait so you're responding to a thread that calls to debate the legitimacy of your actions by posting a taunt?

#8 2017-05-03 08:16:23

LukeM
Website

You do know that there is an edit button?

#9 2017-05-03 14:43:45, last edited by Koya (2017-05-03 14:45:02)

Koya
Fabulous Member

DefinitelyNotAnAlt wrote:
Koya wrote:

You can actually farm posts? And it's not against the rules?

Minisaurus wrote:

Spooky pursuing.

Moderators fixed that increased amount of posts counter.

There is nothing wrong about deleting and posting again a post, I am deleting so there is no problem to post the deleted post again.

http://i.imgur.com/d1RXgaG.png
http://i.imgur.com/0SKUcH1.png

stop

destroyer123 wrote:

You do know that there is an edit button?

I don`t think they know what "edit" button is.

Whoa, you do realise I had to do it? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

\_(^-^)_/

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#10 2017-05-03 17:44:42

Koya
Fabulous Member

Minisaurus wrote:

I refuse to edit my comments, if I´m able to delete and post them again, that is my way to do the things, and its allowed.

The "Last edited by X (Today 00:00:00)" is way too big and doesn't look good.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#11 2017-05-03 17:55:07

Different55
Forum Admin

Huge? It's not any bigger than

this

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#12 2017-05-03 18:53:51

Koya
Fabulous Member

Different55 wrote:

Huge? It's not any bigger than

this

Noticeable especially when it would be an edit just after posting.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#13 2017-05-04 15:43:56

Different55
Forum Admin

Alright going to actually answer the OP here.

No, it's not allowed.

It's causing me a major headache right now so I'm doing away with the whole thing. The edit button has a purpose, use it. If you're actually making a change one time, whatever, fine. But use some common sense. These are not acceptable. Think before your post, or use the edit button if you can't pull that off. Doing all that just to avoid one line of text is frankly ridiculous, and what are you going to do if someone tries to quote and reply to you as you're deleting your posts? Get banned like kuba? You're screwing up the new posts page, you're screwing up the IRC and apparently slack now, you're screwing with other users, the benefit does not even come close to outweighing the cost. Just don't do it at all, use the edit button like a sane human being, save yourself some time, and save the whole world a headache.

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#14 2017-05-04 16:26:26

Different55
Forum Admin

Minisaurus wrote:
Different55 wrote:

Alright going to actually answer the OP here.

No, it's not allowed.

It's causing me a major headache right now so I'm doing away with the whole thing. The edit button has a purpose, use it. If you're actually making a change one time, whatever, fine. But use some common sense. These are not acceptable. Think before your post, or use the edit button if you can't pull that off. Doing all that just to avoid one line of text is frankly ridiculous, and what are you going to do if someone tries to quote and reply to you as you're deleting your posts? Get banned like kuba? You're screwing up the new posts page, you're screwing up the IRC and apparently slack now, you're screwing with other users, the benefit does not even come close to outweighing the cost. Just don't do it at all, use the edit button like a sane human being, save yourself some time, and save the whole world a headache.

Until it´s not an official forum rule, I will keep deleting and posting over and over, its allowed because it does not breach any rule, so your opinion is not enough to change my mind.

There's a warning explicitly for this.

Nub     General purpose warning for things that aren't technically against the rules, but are disruptive to the forums. Typically you'll be asked to stop whatever it is you're doing, and if you don't that's where this warning comes in.

I've asked you to stop. Don't do it again.

- ShinsukeIto

#15 2017-05-04 17:08:24

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Minisaurus wrote:

Instead I will delete all the topic/post content and then add a message ¨Editing¨ while i´m editing that topic/post.

That still doesn't solve the several problems it causes.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#16 2017-05-04 18:33:08, last edited by LukeM (2017-05-04 18:36:16)

LukeM
Website

Minisaurus wrote:

I don´t want anyone taking screenshots of my comments while I´m editing them.

If you are just changing one line or so, then wouldnt it be faster to just change it, than copying everything, removing everything, writing Editing... and posting

Also deleting isnt harmless, it means that people looking back later may not understand the conversation, as the posts are in the wrong order, so may have to re-ask some questions as they cant find the answer

Neither is writing Editing, as people cant read the parts of the post that are correct while your editing it, but its definately better than completely deleting the post

Wooted by:

#17 2017-05-04 18:34:47

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Minisaurus wrote:
N1KF wrote:

That still doesn't solve the several problems it causes.

What problem are you talking about?

Edit a comment is totally harmless.

I don´t want anyone taking screenshots of my comments while I´m editing them.

If I understand correctly, you edit a post as a warning, then delete it. It still doesn't fix the problems Different mentioned:

Different55 wrote:

You're screwing up the new posts page, you're screwing up the IRC and apparently slack now, you're screwing with other users, the benefit does not even come close to outweighing the cost.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#18 2017-05-04 18:38:30, last edited by LukeM (2017-05-04 18:39:49)

LukeM
Website

N1KF wrote:

If I understand correctly, you edit a post as a warning, then delete it. It still doesn't fix the problems Different mentioned

I think he means delete the content of the post, not the whole thing (Im guessing replace all the content with Editing..., then rewriting it)

That would definately be better, but still not as good as just editing it like a normal person

Minisaurus wrote:
destroyer123 wrote:

If you are just changing one line or so, then wouldnt it be faster to just change it, than copying everything, removing everything, writing Editing... and posting

No, if its about only one line it would not be required, I would do it when I want change the whole topic/comment.

That way I avoid nosy people taking screenshots.

I dont think anybody would care enough to take a screenshot in the first place, what is so important that people cant see it that you need to completely wipe it from the forums as soon as possible

#19 2017-05-04 23:15:24

hummerz5

Minisaurus wrote:

, I would do it when I want to change the whole topic/comment.

Based on how often you did the deletion/reposting, how can you know if anything you're saying is useful if you legitimately start over so much?

#20 2017-05-05 14:00:19, last edited by Minisaurus (2017-05-05 14:01:10)

Minisaurus
Banned

Honestly, it was only needed a moderator to PM me to stop the deleting & posting habit.

The players in this topic does not provide anything else than opinions, and its kind annoying to talk with moderators about this personal theme if there are a bunch of players SJW around.

Next time just PM me, moderators, i´m a receptive person when its about rules.

Wooted by:

#21 2017-05-05 20:05:50

Evilbunny

Mini has always done this and I've mentioned it. Hopefully it stops now because it really is annoying.

Evilbunny (in cursive)

#22 2017-05-05 21:06:17, last edited by Minisaurus (2017-05-05 21:11:10)

Minisaurus
Banned

Evilbunny wrote:

Hopefully it stops now because it really is annoying.

Take a time to read the comments & topic, to comment coherently, your opinion is redundant in this topic.

#23 2017-05-06 01:15:13

Kira

Minisaurus wrote:
Evilbunny wrote:

Hopefully it stops now because it really is annoying.

Take a time to read the comments & topic, to comment coherently, your opinion is redundant in this topic.

Thank you. We’re all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view.

#24 2017-05-06 01:28:44, last edited by Minisaurus (2017-05-06 02:50:33)

Minisaurus
Banned

Kira wrote:

Thank you. We’re all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view.

Your comment really collaborated with the topic discussion.

Seems like your point of view really matters in the course of the discussion!

#25 2017-05-06 03:00:59, last edited by Tomahawk (2017-05-06 03:05:24)

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Minisaurus wrote:

The players in this topic does not provide anything else than opinions, and its kind annoying to talk with moderators about this personal theme if there are a bunch of players SJW around.

It's a forum. Everyone has the right to post their opinion as long as they follow the rules, even if they're not adding much to the topic.

Here's another opinion to trigger you: You're a nub for rejecting Diff's request to stop spamming threads, and if you can't handle criticism then don't post at all.

EDIT: and I saw that last edit. Try rereading multiple times before you post; maybe you can avoid having to edit.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

hummerz51494291501658954

Board footer