Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-17 19:36:21

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Empty border doesn't save

If you erase any of the border then save and reload the world, the border gets replaced with grey basic blocks instead of staying empty.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by:

#2 2017-03-18 04:56:21

showpath

Re: Empty border doesn't save

If there is 0 blocks in the world it will instantly put the border, this was created a long time ago for creating new worlds.
It will not be fixed.

Wooted by: (2)

#3 2017-03-18 16:54:40

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

It will replace missing border regardless of what other blocks there are in the world.

showpath wrote:

It will not be fixed.

What exactly won't be fixed? Should the update notice have been:

NVD wrote:

- Air block can now be placed on world border, but it won't be saved.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#4 2017-03-18 17:51:56

LukeM
Website

Im guessing that, as showpath says, it only saves if there are absolutely no blocks in the world, so it will save if you have anything else there, just not if you completely empty a world and completely remove the boarder (citation needed)

Wooted by:

#5 2017-03-18 18:40:15

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

destroyer123 wrote:

Im guessing that, as showpath says, it only saves if there are absolutely no blocks in the world, so it will save if you have anything else there, just not if you completely empty a world and completely remove the boarder (citation needed)

Why not test it and avoid guessing? It doesn't save empty border blocks full stop.

#6 2017-03-18 19:02:28

LukeM
Website

Tomahawk wrote:
destroyer123 wrote:

Why not test it and avoid guessing? It doesn't save empty border blocks full stop.

I was just going off what showpath said, but it seems you are right and this is a bug that should be fixed... Im guessing that showpath didnt understand what you mean (or just skim-read the message).

#7 2017-03-20 03:18:34, last edited by azurepudding (2017-03-20 03:21:17)

azurepudding

showpath wrote:

If there is 0 blocks in the world it will instantly put the border, this was created a long time ago for creating new worlds.
It will not be fixed.

but it does this even when there ARE blocks in the world.  when you save the world, any air on border becomes gray basic upon leaving and returning. It is a bug.. i am also unsure why no blocks in the world = gray border again is an intended feature.  if you save a world, but it doesn't save the world as you made it, it is very much a bug to me. it's like having all coins disappear from a world when you save, and saying it's a feature not a bug.

i am not certain but there's a small bit of gray basic in the update world too, in the border.  I'm wondering if this was meant to show off air in the border, but it became gray basic again.

Azure2.png

#8 2017-03-20 09:20:14

LukeM
Website

azurepudding wrote:
showpath wrote:

It will not be fixed.

but it does this even when there ARE blocks in the world.  when you save the world, any air on border becomes gray basic upon leaving and returning. It is a bug.. i am also unsure why no blocks in the world = gray border again is an intended feature.  if you save a world, but it doesn't save the world as you made it, it is very much a bug to me. it's like having all coins disappear from a world when you save, and saying it's a feature not a bug.

i am not certain but there's a small bit of gray basic in the update world too, in the border.  I'm wondering if this was meant to show off air in the border, but it became gray basic again.

I think no blocks in world->reset is a feature because that's how worlds are when you first create them, but when you load it, the boarder is filled in.
If this isn't the case when it's probably to fix some bug.

The 0 blocks thing isn't really a bug because what would be the point of having a completely empty the world, there would be plenty of reasons to have coins in your world, but an empty world would be pointless.

#9 2017-03-20 20:02:39, last edited by azurepudding (2017-03-20 20:04:02)

azurepudding

destroyer123 wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
showpath wrote:

It will not be fixed.

I think no blocks in world->reset is a feature because that's how worlds are when you first create them, but when you load it, the boarder is filled in.
If this isn't the case when it's probably to fix some bug.

The 0 blocks thing isn't really a bug because what would be the point of having a completely empty the world, there would be plenty of reasons to have coins in your world, but an empty world would be pointless.

but as i said, it fills back the border even if you have stuff in the world.  it's not an empty world only thing.  it happens no matter what, empty world or full world.

my point is that coins or no border, removing what you edited even if you save, isn't a real save.  the game takes part of what you wanted your world to be like away.  and i do not think that should be considered a feature.  it's a bug.  if this only happened with empty worlds then this technical bug could be done without fixing because it's an empty world.  but this is not the case here.

Azure2.png

Wooted by:

#10 2017-03-26 10:38:34

Minisaurus
Banned

When you delete the sides of the world and then save the world.

When everyone leave the world and the world is open again, all the sides of the world become back to gray blocks for some reason that seems to be a bug.

#11 2017-03-26 10:40:40, last edited by XxAtillaxX (2017-03-26 10:41:54)

XxAtillaxX

As previously explained by Showpath, this is intentional and an expected result.

I do think that it should be resolved though, as anything within the border should be preserved.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#12 2017-03-26 10:45:07

Minisaurus
Banned

Its kinda frustrating not being able to use the whole area of the world, but if its intended then its not a bug I guess?

#13 2017-03-26 12:02:25

LukeM
Website

XxAtillaxX wrote:

As previously explained by Showpath, this is intentional and an expected result.

I do think that it should be resolved though, as anything within the border should be preserved.

I dont think showpath understood what the actual problem was, they said that its intentional that if the whole border is removed then it should be reset, but not just a few blocks, as this basically removes the point of the update

(Just to clarify, if any single block is removed from the border, and saved/loaded then it is replaced with a grey block, not just if the whole border is removed)

#14 2017-03-26 17:03:17

hummerz5

merged two similar topics

keep in mind this has explained as not a bug

#15 2017-03-31 15:09:48

Formerly alkazam1448
Website

The border blocks in my world are empty.
When I save it and /loadlevel, the border blocks are grey.

Pls fix.

Wooted by:

#16 2017-03-31 16:46:43

Xfrogman43

showpath wrote:

It will not be fixed.

http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewtopic.php?id=38557
This is not a bug, it's supposed to do this.

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#17 2017-03-31 17:04:32

skullz17

What's the point in the update then?

Tomahawk wrote:

Should the update notice have been:

NVD wrote:

- Air block can now be placed on world border, but it won't be saved.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:

#18 2017-03-31 17:21:26

LukeM
Website

Xfrogman43 wrote:
showpath wrote:

It will not be fixed.

http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewtopic.php?id=38557
This is not a bug, it's supposed to do this.

0 blocks in the world means no blocks at all, not just some air blocks (which is the bug)
I dont think Showpath understood what the bug was, so I would say this is a bug (but not the 0 blocks in world thing)

I think the original confusion came from a video (cant remember who posted it) that showed that if all blocks are removed then the border being replaced, but not that any air block will become the grey block, even if not all are removed

#19 2017-03-31 18:15:50

hummerz5

merged another border dilemma announcing topic into the megatopic of border issues

thanks

#20 2017-03-31 23:35:44

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

hummerz5 wrote:

merged another border dilemma announcing topic into the megatopic of border issues

Does that mean we can discuss Donald Trump's plan to build a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border here?

Everybody Edits is Fred

Wooted by:

#21 2017-03-31 23:48:48

LukeM
Website

N1KF wrote:
hummerz5 wrote:

Does that mean we can discuss Donald Trump's plan to build a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border here?

It would need to be more on-topic than that,
Maybe if it's about the US-Mexico border not saving lives, or businesses or something

#22 2017-04-01 07:19:23

PiotrGrochowski

This is not intentional. Even if there is some stuff in the world, placing down gravity on borders will save it as gray basic block. I think this is a bug. Everyone saying this is intentional points to the wrong statement that this only happens if the world is completely empty.

I'm known as "haslo" in EE. Also, I refuse to play EEU.

Wooted by: (2)

#23 2017-04-01 18:54:03

Xfrogman43

PiotrGrochowski wrote:

This is not intentional. Even if there is some stuff in the world, placing down gravity on borders will save it as gray basic block. I think this is a bug. Everyone saying this is intentional points to the wrong statement that this only happens if the world is completely empty.

I only quoted that because thats what it said. Have you tried making the whole border a block? well it should stay those blocks (other than ID 0:air) because most people changed it to fully black to get an "empty" feel. The real reasoning should be: if any border is ID:0 it will not stay that way upon loading.

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

Xfrogman431491069243652882

Board footer