Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

TrappedTime

EE Animator Needs To Update o'_'o

As you can see in my room here(cut from):
EEgradients.png
the range of colors is EXTRAORDINARILY greater than what EE animator offers when you convert images. Why does it not use the colors in conversion, because it usually only uses the extra ones with darker colors. I can understand this, but for a full rainbow it just doesn't give enough variety. Why does it not do the cross-over system for in-between colors? It's really not difficult to code... *Yes I know I should be posting this on Aslai's site, but I wanted to inform you all on this dilemma, too*

#2 Before February 2015

Nou

Re: EE Animator Needs To Update o'_'o

It's open source right now, so good luck!

No u.

#3 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

With the checkerboard pattern, what if I'm making very detailed pixel art? How is it going to checkerboard a 1x1 area?

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#4 Before February 2015

TrappedTime

Well then don't use the checkerboard pattern. Use the estimating method where you look at the colors that are close to each other. Or manipulate the pixels around it to make our eyes see the color you want.

#5 Before February 2015

Bobithan

that would involve a lot of... well I don't know... Calculating? Reseach? It would take a lot of effort anyways...

aka towwl

#6 Before February 2015

Jojatekok

EE Animator can use those colors, proof:
eegradients.png

#7 Before February 2015

Gamer1120

You just got busted by Jojatekok XD

#8 Before February 2015

Jojatekok

BTW here is an other image: It proves that the Animator converts colors pretty nice 1smile1
(Sorry about the white background, but you can see it better with it 1smile1)
comparsion2.png

#9 Before February 2015

TrappedTime

*facepalm* That's only because I had to do the checkerboard pattern to create those inbetween colors and so it did the same thing pixel by pixel. EEanim just calculates where to stop a certain color from spilling into the next. It doesn't think: "Oh well it's inbetween these two so I guess I could mix them here"
Although I admit it does convert extremely well, it just doesn't provide enough variation. BTW it needs to update with the glass pack.

#10 Before February 2015

Kaslai
Official Caroler

Well, seeing as I wrote the algorithm in GM, I can't do much about it. My original implementation used Floyd-Steinberg dithering, but it was, in comparison to what is used now, so slow. My benchmarks from then on a 32x32 image were awful. Without dithering: 8 seconds. With dithering: 9 minutes 12 seconds. For obvious speed reasons, I left it out, as you can still achieve the effect in an external program (See: GIMP)
However, I will most likely implement F-S dithering in the C++ animator when I get around to it.

EDIT: And I couldn't make it TOO easy to make imported images to look good...

EDIT EDIT: Oh and I did update my color matching algorithm at a later date. It got benchmarked at 21 seconds for a 32x32, but the colors were more true. (It got rid of the white to pink problem people were complaining about, since the pink was much brighter than the white, which my simple color delta equation couldn't handle, so I moved to an equation I fund on the interwebs, but I can't recall the name... It's apparently one of the best, though.)

Last edited by Aslai (Apr 3 2011 12:58:12 pm)

#11 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

Aslai wrote:

Well, seeing as I wrote the algorithm in GM, I can't do much about it. My original implementation used Floyd-Steinberg dithering, but it was, in comparison to what is used now, so slow. My benchmarks from then on a 32x32 image were awful. Without dithering: 8 seconds. With dithering: 9 minutes 12 seconds. For obvious speed reasons, I left it out, as you can still achieve the effect in an external program (See: GIMP)
However, I will most likely implement F-S dithering in the C++ animator when I get around to it.

EDIT EDIT: Oh and I did update my color matching algorithm at a later date. It got benchmarked at 21 seconds for a 32x32, but the colors were more true. (It got rid of the white to pink problem people were complaining about, since the pink was much brighter than the white, which my simple color delta equation couldn't handle, so I moved to an equation I fund on the interwebs, but I can't recall the name... It's apparently one of the best, though.)

in english please?

#12 Before February 2015

Kaslai
Official Caroler

BRAWLER700 wrote:
Aslai wrote:

/*SNIP*/

in english please?

However, I will most likely implement Floyd-Steinberg dithering in the C++ animator when I get around to it.

EDIT EDIT: Oh and I did update my color matching algorithm at a later date. It got bench-marked at 21 seconds for a 32x32, but the colors were more true. (It got rid of the white to pink problem people were complaining about, since the pink was much brighter than the white, which my simple color delta equation couldn't handle, so I moved to an equation I found on the internet, but I can't recall the name... It's apparently one of the best, though.)

There you go.

Last edited by Aslai (Apr 3 2011 5:44:41 pm)

#13 Before February 2015

Chimi

Dithering? I'm guessing that means the checkerboard shtuff.

#14 Before February 2015

TrappedTime

Yeah, lol. I can't believe I missed that term ._.
SO. It's going to stay as is?

#15 Before February 2015

Jojatekok

Aslai wrote:

You should add a menu where you can adjust the mode of the image importation. BTW will you ever release the source of your C++ animator?

#16 Before February 2015

TrappedTime

Awesome idea for EE animator:

Well recently I have been regretting clearing my saved massive. But I remembered.... I took a pic of it before I cleared it. And now I have EE animator. I could upload the image and have my world back! This technique is extremely useful for anyone who has made a mistake or wants to get rid of a level, but not forever. How do you like this idea? *Sounds cheap or useful?*

#17 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Already thought of by tons of people.

- ShinsukeIto

#18 Before February 2015

Kaslai
Official Caroler

imgimcomp.png
Compliments of Jojatekok.

Just saying...

Last edited by Aslai (Apr 17 2011 3:02:23 pm)

#19 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

Looks great.

- ShinsukeIto

#20 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Aslai said and TakoMan02 conceived:
Well, seeing as I wrote the (math?) in (what's GM?), I can't do much about it. My original (imp...pli...ment...ation!) used (Is that a name?) (Dither is fun to say :3), but it was, in comparison to what is used now, so slow. My benchmarks from then on a 32x32 image were awful. Without (DITHERING!): 8 seconds. With (DITHER DITHER): 9 minutes 12 seconds. For obvious speed reasons, I left it out, as you can still achieve the effect in an (Huh.) (See: GIMP)

EDIT EDIT: Oh and I did update my color matching (more math?) at a later date. It got benchmarked at 21 seconds for a 32x32, but the colors were more true. (It got rid of the white to pink problem people were complaining about, since the pink was much brighter than the white, which my simple color (isn't delta a river?) equation couldn't handle, so I moved to an equation I fund on the (INTERWEBZ!), but I can't recall the name... It's apparently one of the best, though.)

I like the "dithered" version better, but the old version can be useful for special types of art.

Last edited by Tako (Apr 17 2011 3:20:50 pm)

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#21 Before February 2015

correiajoao

TrappedTime 142386461996813

Board footer