Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-06 01:03:26, last edited by drunkbnu (2016-08-07 00:10:41)

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

The Tower 4

The ultimate challenge has come back!

The Tower 4
World ID: PWTXlgcG07cEI

The Tower 4! The biggest, and hardest of all them.

Unlike the other towers, the limited curse was a big issue for me since I could not make a hard set of obstacles to complete "all" on 60 seconds. I suggested a time extension and the world might be changed after this suggestion is added. For now, it's time to let the players run free, and see who can do it the fastest.

Speed Run World!
Try to complete the world in the fastest time to get a place in the first 3 players of the leaderboard. To get your time, you'll need a stopwatch. If you don't have one, go to http://www.online-stopwatch.com/. Start the time when you hit the note (meaning that you started the run) and stop it when you finished the world by hitting the coin at the top. Then publish a screenshot with your time. Please share a legit time. I will try to record your time in some occasions if I'm online to prevent abuse.

The fact that it's a speed run world, does not mean it's easy. You will have to fight 3 hard obstacles never seen before on The Tower.

• Time Maze: Go through a maze filled with timed doors and gates and get the fastest road to the top and to the next obstacle. In order to get the best time, avoid getting stuck into the timed blocks.

• Ultimate Hookjumps: Make 1x1 hookjumps to get to the platforms and keep going until you reach the top. To get the best time, try not to fall.

• Tri-Climb: A series of three different elements to climb to reach the top. Each one with a different way of climb. There is the classic rope, leading to a chain that goes to a ladder. Get to the water from the top and hit the coin!

World design by HG and bulldozer548 (each one did the half). Obstacles by HG (all) and bulldozer548 (tri-climb).

Small Notes

Wooted by:

#2 2016-08-06 11:05:00

Sensei1

Re: The Tower 4

This is probably the first time I feel like repeated hook jumps actually fit a world. For some reason it works with the stressful mood this kind of speedrun world should have //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile
The timedoor room at the beginning was really fun too, but the rope after the hook jumps was too hard imo. I gave up because it was so long and it was easy to fall down, after which you had to start the whole thing again...

Art is clean, but maybe a bit too simple. Hookjump room looked really cool and decorated, but otherwise the world feels like it's missing a bit of something. Don't get me wrong though, it doesn't look bad, but I would add more art!

I haven't played all of the previous towers, I think I'll give them a try later

#3 2016-08-06 22:36:17

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

Sensei1 wrote:

but the rope after the hook jumps was too hard imo. I gave up because it was so long and it was easy to fall down, after which you had to start the whole thing again...

I agree.

I saw the rope being to a point where the climbable rope blocks did not only fit with the texture, but they were too hard compared to the traditional 2-blocks rope I made before. I decided to modify it to follow the same way, but it fits now with the background texture, making the space bigger and therefore easier.

I also made the transition from the chain to the ladder easier by adding an extra line to the bottom of the ladder.

Sensei1 wrote:

Art is clean, but maybe a bit too simple. Hookjump room looked really cool and decorated, but otherwise the world feels like it's missing a bit of something. Don't get me wrong though, it doesn't look bad, but I would add more art!

I'll add some more style to the design as it was supposed to be from the start, when I have time.

#4 2016-08-06 23:12:03, last edited by Koya (2016-08-07 00:18:34)

Koya
Fabulous Member

10/10 (in the bottom bit, haven't played the rest)

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#5 2016-08-08 02:02:13

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

Congratulations to our first winner: Pingohits!

There have been other players with a lot of issues on the ultimate hookjumps, but Pingohits managed to beat them and go fast through the tri-climb.

He's got his place on the leaderboard.

The transition from the rope to the chain has been made a bit easier. The last hookjump has been made 1.5 blocks instead of just 1. No other changes have been made on the world.

Wooted by:
drunkbnu1470618133617377

Board footer