Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-29 22:02:31

CommanderKitten

Classic items, and gem packs

At this point, it's kind of gotten out of hand how many blocks and smilies are in the classic tab. It feels like every other new thing added is only available for a limited time, which only makes it harder for new players to make worlds. This is only creating a bigger divide between new players and old players, which is not good for the growth of this game. That's why I propose to make the seasonal classic items still available only with gems throughout most of the year, but they become available to buy with energy when it's the same season as the blocks/smilies are. For example, when it's christmas time, then all the christmas packs and smilies would become available to buy with energy. It would still be very hard for new players without any classic items to buy every single pack from that season because there are so many, so they would still have to wait a year or two to get them all if they didn't want to spend any money.

This might seem bad because then there will be no way for EE to make any real revenue, because the classic tab is the most likely place where players are likely to spend real money to buy things. That's why my second proposal is to make some more packs that are only able to be purchased with gems, kind of like diamond/big spender, but have them be much cheaper. Maybe a 5 gem pack that players can easily buy from just campaign rewards so that everyone can have a kind of quick reward, as well as having 15, 25, 50, 100, 250 and 750 gem packs or smilies for people that want to either save their earnings or spend some of their money for them. The items should be mostly cosmetic though. Gold Membership should stay as is, though, and should be there for people who like the monthly subscription kind of thing. These incremental gem packs are there so that people feel more persuaded to spend a little, instead of blowing $100 for the diamond block, which seems unreasonable for people that see it as a block you could buy, when it's really more of a donation reward for spending so much.

Some ideas I've thought of for packs include:
- A pack of semi-transparent blocks with different colors. Modeled to look like gemstones (Similar to the windows pack, but they are blocks).
- Different colored gravity arrows (the only difference is the color).
- New coin shapes (same colors, and they still add to their respective coin doors when collected).
- A banker smiley.
- A gold trophy (kind of like the contest reward ones) but with a dollar sign.
- A key to unlock an exclusive campaign, with a unique badge (Should be one of the cheaper ones).
- A rainbow aura color that changes color.
- A normal smiley that changes color depending on how fast you are moving.
Those are all of my ideas for now. I'll add some more when I think of them, and maybe even make some mock-up designs for some.

I also should mention that I have all the classic packs already, so I'm not using this suggestion as an excuse to get a pack I don't have or whatever. Also please don't make every single new item for the shop only available from buying them with gems (kind of like what's happening with the limited time stuff now).

#2 2016-06-29 22:49:09

MartenM
Website

Re: Classic items, and gem packs

I was thinking about this too. Maybe make it that people can buy the new season item and an older one of the same season. Classics will still be a bit classic than but players will get the older onces faster (and cheaper without spending too much €€)

lm3hgg8.jpg

Ingame: marten22        My steam: MartenM

#3 2016-06-29 22:54:00

Koya
Fabulous Member

The lifespan of an item in the shop should be about 2 years - after that and you get it for free (smilies not included).

New users will start off with a good selection of blocks but not the most recent ones and will either play for 2 years to get the items or dig into their pockets to buy them (in which once someone has made the first purchase all sequential ones get easier and easier).

Please no more gem only blocks and smilies, one of each is plenty.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#4 2016-06-29 23:28:19

WMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM

this will not be fair to people who bought them with gems... If this happens the game will lose even more money than it already did.

WM malfuntion VgPb7gb.png

#5 2016-06-29 23:34:36

Minimania
Moderation Team

If this happens, I'm simply going to quit. I think I'm not the only one.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by: (2)

#6 2016-06-30 00:31:40

Kentiya
Website

I agree completely. Especially with that first paragraph, I've been wanting that done for years! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

kentiya-cartoony-120.png
Kentiya / Atikyne — EE & EEU lead artist 2018-2020

#7 2016-06-30 00:45:42

matthewapril15

Yes this very good one staff might do it but we idk when :/

d0VbXxW.png?1

#8 2016-06-30 02:59:44

Minimania
Moderation Team

I think the better answer is making a crap ton of more blocks for normal users to buy, so that you won't need the classic items.

21cZxBv.png

#9 2016-06-30 06:26:24

imgood9

minimania wrote:

I think the better answer is making a crap ton of more blocks for normal users to buy, so that you won't need the classic items.

The problem with that is that new users only start with a row or two of default blocks. They have to buy every single pack, which makes this game look more like a pay-to-build game than a free sandbox game.

That turns a lot of people off and had I joined a year or two years ago I probably would have never stayed because of the need to purchase everything.

#10 2016-06-30 08:08:44, last edited by Kaleb (2016-06-30 08:09:49)

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123

imgood9 wrote:
minimania wrote:

The problem with that is that new users only start with a row or two of default blocks. They have to buy every single pack, which makes this game look more like a pay-to-build game than a free sandbox game.

That turns a lot of people off and had I joined a year or two years ago I probably would have never stayed because of the need to purchase everything.

They don't really have to buy every pack with Real money they just buy it with their own energy.

Just like every other existing user has to buy new packs and smileys when they come out, new users have to buy the packs they want.

All users don't have to buy ALL packs, they just buy what they want.

And some packs in the shop are very cheap for as little as 200 energy!

So Users (new) can buy that cheap pack right off the bat!

Also the game should keep the shop and it's system the way it is.

Because that gives users a reason to come back and play the game repetitively, besides daily logins.

#11 2016-06-30 08:36:01

Minimania
Moderation Team

imgood9 wrote:
minimania wrote:

Simple answer, more default packs. If you're going to give for free what I payed my money for, I am no longer going to support your game.

21cZxBv.png

#12 2016-06-30 09:16:13, last edited by Xfrogman43 (2016-06-30 09:16:41)

Xfrogman43

minimania wrote:
imgood9 wrote:
minimania wrote:

Simple answer, more default packs. If you're going to give for free what I payed my money for, I am no longer going to support your game.

They did that with chat. Leave then!!1111!one
I want my 1cent back!!

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#13 2016-06-30 13:36:38

hummerz5

Xfrogman43 wrote:
minimania wrote:
imgood9 wrote:
minimania wrote:

They did that with chat. Leave then!!1111!one
I want my 1cent back!!

lol some benevolent hungarian paid for my chat. Very kind of them.

Yeah, you're sorta defeating the purpose of the "classic" section with this idea. It's nice to think that we were here (oh god six years ago now) to get that 2010 package with energy. If not, then they supported the game. Frankly I get the feeling that we have to be maxing out the realistic use of "add more blocks!" "cheaper blocks!" "more smileys!" to add to EE's appeal. Either way, that opinion won't change much.

"get an item for free after two years"
interesting idea. That seems to be balanced neatly between too long for users to stick around, and too quick for old users to appreciate. No one's going to stick around two years to see get the "ooh look at these blocks feel" if you think they're taking off because of the energy-to-play situation. Conversely, you won't find a supportive veteran community if you're handing out six years' worth of items in two years.

#14 2016-06-30 15:05:52

AlphaJon

Have a permanent "all the classics" gem-only pack that stays at a fixed price regarless of the number of classics. Problem solved.

#15 2016-06-30 19:30:47

Xfrogman43

hummerz5 wrote:

lol some benevolent hungarian paid for my chat. Very kind of them.

Himarat1 got me beta and I forgot who got me chat but I have yet t pay anything on this game. I used birthday gamestop giftcards and kreds to get classics but thats it.

AlphaJon wrote:

Have a permanent "all the classics" gem-only pack that stays at a fixed price regarless of the number of classics. Problem solved.

Well that's still unfair. If somebdy had already bought some classics worth 200 gems, and the new classic pack is 50 gems, then they wasted their money and will complain.

Wooted by:

#16 2016-07-01 15:15:08, last edited by AlphaJon (2016-07-01 15:20:56)

AlphaJon

Xfrogman43 wrote:

Well that's still unfair. If somebdy had already bought some classics worth 200 gems, and the new classic pack is 50 gems, then they wasted their money and will complain.

Tbh I had in mind the price being around 200-300gems. Keep also in mind this: Try to please everyone, and you will please none.
What I'm trying to say is that we have to make some compromise, and there will always be some who won't appreciate.

My other idea was to have the price scale slowly depending on the number of missing classics, so it stays worth to buy the pack regardless of how many classics you want.
What about 60-80% of the total unowned classics, hard capped at ~200-300gems? (75%, max 250 seems like a fine balance for me)

they wasted their money and will complain.

It's not a waste if they still got what they wanted at the time of the purchase, especially when it comes with a discount.
This is the same as someone buying some stuff in a shop, then complain because the stuff dropped in price the following week.
Similarly, you're not going to see people give 5$ to a shop because the 10$ thing they bought is now 15$ in the shop.

#17 2016-07-01 15:22:39

Koya
Fabulous Member

Completely agree with AlphaJon, I would be down for spending significant money for everything after playing for a little while and knowing that the price won't increase while I'm new so there's no stress which would shoo away newbs.

AlphaJon wrote:

(75%, max 250 seems like a fine balance for me)

Would change max to 220 as it is exactly $20

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#18 2016-07-01 18:24:18

Xfrogman43

AlphaJon wrote:

Tbh I had in mind the price being around 200-300gems.

I was just saying a number.

$20 seems like a fair amount tbh.

Wooted by:

#19 2016-07-01 22:27:17, last edited by Slabdrill (2016-07-01 22:27:41)

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

did you know that classics don't actually feature anything new and are 100% decorational?
(to OP, who was suggesting to only have decorational things bought with gems)

suddenly random sig change

#20 2016-07-01 22:42:46

Xfrogman43

12345678908642 wrote:

did you know that classics don't actually feature anything new and are 100% decorational?

But there are smileys and blocks? I'm confused as to why you said 100% DECORATIONal

Wooted by:

#21 2016-07-01 22:46:56, last edited by Slabdrill (2016-07-01 22:47:43)

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

Xfrogman43 wrote:
12345678908642 wrote:

But there are smileys and blocks? I'm confused as to why you said 100% DECORATIONal

"decoration" - the process or art of decorating or adorning something.
"decorate" - make (something) look more attractive by adding extra items or images to it.

having blocks/smileys that all do the same thing must mean they're all for decorating.

#22 2016-07-02 09:23:06

Hostage
Banned
Website

12345678908642 wrote:
Xfrogman43 wrote:
12345678908642 wrote:

"decorate" - make (something) look more attractive by adding extra items or images to it.

having blocks/smileys that all do the same thing must mean they're all for decorating.

That's like telling csgo players skins are worthless

35fa6ee9efa7e42687d426ffeba72dbdb9a95cbfb7d221d698ca2146feebab7c.jpg

Wooted by:

#23 2016-07-03 09:26:42

jbbill

Hostage wrote:
12345678908642 wrote:
Xfrogman43 wrote:
12345678908642 wrote:

Skins.... WORTHLESS!?

MCUtZoK.png
Made by HG //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile(and avatar)

#24 2016-07-03 16:01:06, last edited by Slabdrill (2016-07-03 16:01:20)

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

Hostage wrote:
12345678908642 wrote:
Xfrogman43 wrote:
12345678908642 wrote:

Well they don't do anything functional to give you an advantage over anyone else - that's because they're decorative. When did I ever say they were worthless?

#25 2016-07-03 17:31:13

skullz17

Maybe just leave the current classic items as they are, and any new seasonal items can come back every year. That way, nobody's money is wasted. Although this doesn't close the gap between old and new players, it does contain it and stop it from growing. I'm hoping we can cope with the current amount of items in the classic tab.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Kaleb1467570217611085

Board footer