Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Cola1

Backup Accounts

Just a thought if our accounts get hacked we should have a backup account with all the things on our normal account.

smilpat.gif
kQgdwOD.png

#2 Before February 2015

SmittyW

Re: Backup Accounts

But then if the hacker hacked the 1st account, wouldn't he hack the 2nd as well? + It's pointless to have a back-up unless you can't live without Everybody Edits for like 5 minutes. It's good to take a break once and a while and Chris has to end up fixing the original server anyway if it ends up crashing.

#3 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

If you care about EE that much start a back up account and start buying things from the shop now. If you don't really care about your shop stuff, just start a new one if you are hacked.

Moved to game discussion.

#4 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

It's just an extra precaution. But the best way is to not talk about your account at all. If you go around saying: "My account is the best. I have 399 energy. I have 5 of every world," you're just asking to be hacked. On the other side, if you don't attract too much attention to yourself, you won't get hacked very often.

But, now that I think about it, what about the people who spent gems? People like Iraka (spelling?) who have 100 portals, 700 coindoors, diamond block and more? Without exaggeration, that man has spent more then $200 on this game. Probably a lot more.

He is indeed a target for hackers, and I bet he'd want a back-up as well. If he gets hacked, it's like someone stealing your ipod, or your wallet, or your credit card. It's a very serious matter.

Last edited by Tako (May 20 2011 10:00:02 pm)

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#5 Before February 2015

jominator

TakoMan02 wrote:

It's just an extra precaution. But the best way is to not talk about your account at all. If you go around saying: "My account is the best. I have 399 energy. I have 5 of every world," you're just asking to be hacked. On the other side, if you don't attract too much attention to yourself, you won't get hacked very often.

But, now that I think about it, what about the people who spent gems? People like Iraka (spelling?) who have 100 portals, 700 coindoors, diamond block and more? Without exaggeration, that man has spent more then $200 on this game. Probably a lot more.

He is indeed a target for hackers, and I bet he'd want a back-up as well. If he gets hacked, it's like someone stealing your ipod, or your wallet, or your credit card. It's a very serious matter.

You actually can go around saying "My account is the best. I have 399 energy. I have 5 of every world," but the important thing is to not give your pass and username to anyone. I doubt there are hackers on this kiddie site who are skilled enough to crack passwords.

#6 Before February 2015

EDJ

TakoMan02 wrote:

That's nothing https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

OT: You are asking for a free second account with the same features, I doubt that will happen. The best thing you can do is choosing a strong password and never share email/pass.
Also what Chewy said, you can start a 2nd account already. With a different pass ofcourse

#7 Before February 2015

BunnySMG

What EJD said. You should use a comlete nonsense password that has a mix of letters and numbers like 7eocjjhd33miye66. In fact, just go right ahead and use that for your password. I'm sure nothing bad will happen.

Cola1142386813693296

Board footer