Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-12-09 00:40:07, last edited by Zoey2070 (2015-12-09 18:50:41)

Professor
Website

ee coming out on other stuff

When will EE come out for iOS, Android, PS and Xbox?

zJ5Awju.gif
Noice.

Wooted by:

#2 2015-12-09 00:42:42

Kirby

Re: ee coming out on other stuff

Professor wrote:

When will EE come out for iOS, Android, PS and Xbox?

iOS and android when it goes to unity i think

#3 2015-12-09 01:20:46

Different55
Forum Admin

tbh I doubt iOS because (last time I checked, anyway) you have to pay $100 per year to apple just to develop and host your app on their store. I have no idea what EE's financials look like but I don't think they bring in so much money that they can throw $100 away every year just to publish one free(?) app.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (4)

#4 2015-12-09 01:24:01

Prodigy

Hmm The more I think about it I think having it with all of those (except IOS) would be amazing but then again you would need internet connection for Play Station and for Xbox

h0qIF0q.png

#5 2015-12-09 01:34:32

Evilbunny

Prodigy5996 wrote:

but then again you would need internet connection for Play Station and for Xbox

uh, yeah, thanks

I don't see EE working too well on mobile but it'd be fine on console. Voice chat would be a little strange, so we'd need the controller-keyboards to be able to communicate effectively.

Evilbunny (in cursive)

#6 2015-12-09 01:42:57, last edited by Different55 (2015-12-09 01:43:55)

Different55
Forum Admin

Prodigy5996 wrote:

Hmm The more I think about it I think having it with all of those (except IOS) would be amazing but then again you would need internet connection for Play Station and for Xbox

Publishing on xbox and play station looks like it's even more expensive than iOS. With the costs of dev kits and publishing, you're looking at several thousand dollars if I'm reading these articles that I looked up 2 minutes ago right. There was PlayStation Mobile for a while, but that appears to be dead now.

While I'm at it, are there any other dreams you'd like me to smash?

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (3)

#7 2015-12-09 02:41:35

Minimania
Moderation Team

lol, I thought your name was Processer at first and I thought you were making an update topic

I wonder how many more people would notice it when it comes out on a different platform. It'd be interesting if it became Angry Birds status

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#8 2015-12-09 07:04:22

Jedpogi

ee cumin outt on othr stuff

叄咶吹吱吅厬匷匕勹动凸刲刳刎凸制冹匸勋像償亡丸乮伶睻豖豔財貜谷谧谕鷙鶂鶢鷑袂蠲蠿勋像償亡丸乮伶睻豖豔㰹㲐㱯㳫㲎財貜吅厬匷匕勹动凸刲刳刎凸衢袶蜽蝽蝇螷虜蘢葖萜蓀蒱臯臼俠俟俘䶳两买予丵乂争䳮䴻䳻䵍䵏䵴丹义䶘乸亖乵么乯圞圝圜圛圚圙團圗圖圕圔圓園亠亞亹亸伏伦冁儿兾冃冫冷冷冥冧凕勓勦劔礞䮼㼿㽗㼟㽵㼼㽹㽴㻻㶈㸁鐒鏔鏟鐷鹳鸟糱紘糹紖瘦癣癶瘱痿皜妍妋奋妘夲太圌四䯗彗垭䮘䰜幼幺螨枞奒㱯㰹㲐㱯㚻㚎㛷瘺皙皁阆阝閁髈薟蕚藃藯藎薒薝蕙薭蕴菲菏萠落萇菞菵萬䪺铭働䛒砯㩾癟䓪星卐卍厚印叄厉厕去叮厝匇匛匍勲区勨厉吪变厹吸吂厯厞䟬䞾侸㐀㐅㐻㓩㔗㕀㘛㖴㖕㗼㘣㘄㖵㘇㘯㘞㘟㖠㖍㱷㲷㱨㱃㲗㳓㲃㲺㳝㳨㳖㲅㱘㳀㳐㳖㳫㳫㔩㒽㒠㓯㓿㓀㒚㒭㓈㒚㓽㓷㔦㕂㙾㘧㚏㜶㛠㝋㛄㜬㛲㛜㜧㜆㚺㚡㜟㝞㞀㝏㞁㞬㞧㝤㝽㞺㞗㝄㜞㝖㝜㞃㞭㟕㟗㡉㟛㠚㠙㡩㠠㟜㠻㡵㣪㢓㣻㣀㢄㢩㣂㤂㥹㣹㥟㤹㤝㥚㥋㤹㥶㤧㤐䫒䫶䭊䫱䬊䪰涢涂涯浹淝淭笼竟筇讏謸讠讟譭讖譍謨謣豺谪豔豤谻豲豤豻豖谕谡豋賏貎貵貏豢賘賌貋跳趺跹踵踣赻趞跅趲踰踷軨躾軎軞軦軾軀躦躀躕軩躙躑辫转辤迏辘辄轴辜迖辦迏辚辭辶辴迉迭辯辻辁迬迧辫鄘郅邮郪郛邯部釐醡釄酷酣醢醥里酶釓釉野金鋁鉏銎鉖銓銼鋓銼鎥鏑鎗鏓鏉鎓鍕鍯鏗鏾鏤鎕鎫鎒鍭鎔鎪鎗鍺鎵鏓鐎鐡铗钖钄铕锓铮铐锍铼锞铡锒

02/04/2021: Sorry for being an unfunny piece of ****, no-good human trash. I hate my **** life.

#9 2015-12-09 07:06:27

Insanity

cumin lmao

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

#10 2015-12-09 07:42:35

Onjit
Website

haha

cumin

cumin-seeds-whole-organic-1.jpg

:.|:;

#11 2015-12-09 16:49:05

Zumza

Different55 wrote:

tbh I doubt iOS because (last time I checked, anyway) you have to pay $100 per year to apple just to develop and host your app on their store. I have no idea what EE's financials look like but I don't think they bring in so much money that they can throw $100 away every year just to publish one free(?) app.

Think about how many new players will come and how many will spend their Apple Gift Cards on EE. Apple's products are usually "exclusive" for "exclusive" people.
If you afford another shop and its profitable, why not open it?
But as you said, it matters how "EE's finances looks like".
Probably "several behind-the-scenes matters of EE" includes accountancy too.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#12 2015-12-09 18:48:20

zioxei

Onjit wrote:

haha

cumin

cumin-seeds-whole-organic-1.jpg

Yeah! That's definitely what i thought of!

user.php?id=zioxei
user.php?id=thanksmom
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#13 2015-12-09 20:27:44

lrussell
Website

Different55 wrote:

Oh come on, $100 is one diamond. Or, two big spenders. All they have to do is convince one person to buy it a year, which shouldn't be incredibly difficult.
With the new Gold membership coming out or even Beta they should easily be able to reach that mark.

#14 2015-12-09 20:37:10

Different55
Forum Admin

lrussell wrote:
Different55 wrote:

Oh come on, $100 is one diamond. Or, two big spenders. All they have to do is convince one person to buy it a year, which shouldn't be incredibly difficult.
With the new Gold membership coming out or even Beta they should easily be able to reach that mark.

ngl I had no idea diamonds were that expensive.

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#15 2015-12-14 07:51:56

cpcrabs

guys. if ever you doubt that EE can make it on mobile, think about a game that now has 50,000+ players online at one time (it's only been out for 3 years!). it's name is growtopia.

i cannot play it due to personal reasons but just take a look at this:

(make sure you read it all, it's like super amazing and crap): http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/SethRobi … mortem.php

17 i think

#16 2015-12-14 16:43:28

Michele
Formerly AntonioS300

I think so, XBOX and Playstation is what I can think of. I can play EE just fine on these console, with Internet

Idler.jpg
XOsS4ha.gif

#17 2015-12-14 17:15:46

Gosha

I think of android version only because I wish to collect my daily rewards out of home (like in long trip in summer)

Wooted by:

#18 2015-12-14 21:49:51

Anch

Wait it's coming out on xbox and PS? WHAT ABOUT THE 3DS AND WII U?????

#19 2015-12-14 21:50:37

Creature

anch159 wrote:

Wait it's coming out on xbox and PS? WHAT ABOUT THE 3DS AND WII U?????

Yes, it's also coming as a board game.

This is a false statement.

#20 2015-12-14 23:35:15

nlmdejonge

That $100 a year is NOTHING. You need to understand that, for example, Nou would get $25-$50 - even up to $100 - AN HOUR as a developer for a regular IT company. In the grand scheme of things, $100 is completely irrelevant. Also, EE makes way more than $100 a year. The problem they are trying to tackle is: how to reach a point where the developers can actually get paid proper salaries for all the work that's being put into this game. In other words, they are currently making investments with the goal to make tens of thousands of dollars a year for multiple people. A $100 is not an obstacle or stumbling block in any way. Even if EE wouldn't be popular on iOS, making back the $100 a year would still be incredibly easy. Different55, it's weird reading your post. Maybe you are younger than I thought and still get an allowance from your parents or something. No offence.

I have permanently left the game and forum.
EE is an entertaining game and I enjoyed playing it...
...but it's time for me to move on.

#21 2015-12-15 03:49:58, last edited by hummerz5 (2015-12-15 03:51:11)

hummerz5

I don't know anything of financials either. But I believe you're shooting a weird direction, too. Keep in mind that these people were pulled from the EE "fanbase" while we're comprised of all shapes and sizes, so you might be overestimating the ragtag team produced.

Again, I don't know. BUT, your claim that they're trying to make tens of thousands for people seems terribly outlandish. You're suggesting that these people, who can't keep their moderators straight or keep some form of an agreeable update schedule has the goal of turning this dilapidated game (more specifically, its following of people) into something profitable (by any margin?)

Sure, maybe the work put in involves realistically some large amount of money to equivocate. That doesn't apply though. You're looking at a (I already said ragtag eh?) team of folk who chose to be here. Volunteering is great, paying people is great, but for what we see here, I'm not sure we're in the right setting.

You mentioned NOU. His "description" on the forum post says he doesn't do programming of the sort, so your estimate is high regardless. "Manages the team" is a vague setup I don't have knowledge of, but that can range from noncommittance to micromanaging. In this case, I cannot guarantee the former, and you cannot claim the latter (assuming that the more effort returns more pay, which you might claim as fallacious, but generally can ring true).

I'd go through the list of admins, but I'd likely just get a bunch of responses of "No, they really do things." I'm not denying they don't. I'm expressing my opinion that the degree to which you think they work is exceeding that of reality. Simply put, they are people. They have occupations or studenting things. If they don't, well, that's too bad.

edit: You probably already think me young, so I'll put a jab in about your age seeming ill-suited for this conversation and reasoning because you take issue with the age corresponding with an idea, rather than the idea itself.

tl;dr
You say the admins should be paid. You say they are working to make it so that EE can pay people.
I say they don't work enough to get paid. I say they aren't trying to make EE into a profit-churner.

off topic:
fairly certain the basic idea at this point for getting the moneys out of EE (as you seem to want to do) requires more people, not more costly things. A BC-esque system may be a last-ditch effort at regular income, but what the system really needs right now appears to be an increase of the player count. Far as I can tell, the countless updates "improving quality" haven't struck a chord reversing the decline of EE. We did stall, though. huh.

#22 2015-12-15 04:15:09

Different55
Forum Admin

nlmdejonge wrote:

That $100 a year is NOTHING. You need to understand that, for example, Nou would get $25-$50 - even up to $100 - AN HOUR as a developer for a regular IT company. In the grand scheme of things, $100 is completely irrelevant. Also, EE makes way more than $100 a year. The problem they are trying to tackle is: how to reach a point where the developers can actually get paid proper salaries for all the work that's being put into this game. In other words, they are currently making investments with the goal to make tens of thousands of dollars a year for multiple people. A $100 is not an obstacle or stumbling block in any way. Even if EE wouldn't be popular on iOS, making back the $100 a year would still be incredibly easy. Different55, it's weird reading your post. Maybe you are younger than I thought and still get an allowance from your parents or something. No offence.

Probably sounds weird because I was scaling things up based what I roughly estimate EE's income, not based on a regular person's income. And I was basing my rough estimate of EE's income on how much the forums get from putting ads up. The forums have plenty to sustain themself, but tossing $100 at things would chomp through it in a flash. I can't imagine EE's story is too different from that.

- ShinsukeIto

#23 2015-12-15 09:07:46, last edited by nlmdejonge (2015-12-15 09:09:24)

nlmdejonge

hummerz5 wrote:

[...] you take issue with the age corresponding with an idea, rather than the idea itself.

I was trying to find an explanation for the idea, which might have been age.
(Extreme example: give $100 to a ten-year-old, that's a tremendous amount of money to them.)

hummerz5 wrote:

[...], your claim that they're trying to make tens of thousands for people seems terribly outlandish.

For a short time, EE was making $10,000 monthly. If you read Nou's latest blog post: they are porting it to Unity to, among other things, get the game on mobile phones, tablets and Steam. They want to open up the game "to a whole new market and get in a great amount of new players". This is currently their priority, after their previous primary focus on adding new content.

hummerz5 wrote:

[...], but what the system really needs right now appears to be an increase of the player count. Far as I can tell, the countless updates "improving quality" haven't struck a chord reversing the decline of EE. We did stall, though. huh.

The player count, they are working on it.
I'm not sure if those quotes around "improving quality" are scare quotes or quotation marks, but you also wrote "this dilapidated game (more specifically, its following of people)" and "can't keep their moderators straight or keep some form of an agreeable update schedule", which seems to indicate that you are disappointed about developments and are perhaps pessimistic about the future. The game has improved a lot in the last half year (15 June-15 Dec). Many bug fixes, we got crews and campaigns, a settings tab and player action menu, and so on. The vast majority of players are nice people and the game is already great. I think it's cool to see it's still moving forward and changing. And we have front row seats. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile If this game arrives on Steam (/iOS) and the staff makes smart choices about its DLC (/in-game purchases), EE could become very popular.

Or maybe I'm too optimistic.
But I don't think I am.

#24 2015-12-15 10:05:43

Different55
Forum Admin

nlmdejonge wrote:
hummerz5 wrote:

[...], your claim that they're trying to make tens of thousands for people seems terribly outlandish.

For a short time, EE was making $10,000 monthly.

[citation not really needed but it would be appreciated]

- ShinsukeIto

#25 2015-12-15 10:11:41

nlmdejonge

Different55 wrote:
nlmdejonge wrote:
hummerz5 wrote:

For a short time, EE was making $10,000 monthly.

[citation not really needed but it would be appreciated]

http://www.develop-online.net/analysis/ … me/0116983

hummerz51450186519566902

Board footer